Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43185 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2022, 10:15:00 AM »
Such an odd group of skaters. Did they sign up for this in 2006?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2022, 10:42:41 AM »

It's basically an indie game, they weren't going to get the AAA pros

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2022, 12:05:24 PM »
Man if this is inspired by the 90s, I feel like I'm misremembering how people did 360 flips back then.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2022, 12:05:54 PM »
Been playing the alpha build since it was available on steam a couple years ago. My local shop is in this even though Austin isn't in this as a skateable city so thats enough for me to keep playing.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2022, 12:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's basically an indie game, they weren't going to get the AAA pros
Yeah i get that but there's like one current day pro/under 35 year old. I'm not complaining, they're my gens guys I'm just pointing out it's seems like some odd choices.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2022, 01:50:20 PM »
Man if this is inspired by the 90s, I feel like I'm misremembering how people did 360 flips back then.

The tre flips can look different based on your settings and how you control the flick (especially if you play on the "desync" setting). I do mine fairly quick and snappy rather than how they did them for the gameplay trailer.

Really looking forward to the update as I've been playing for a couple years now and will definitely appreciate it being more polished. Kinda bummed they didn't show any hilly neighborhoods in that trailer though. San Fran was the city I was hoping they'd reveal, but I want it for the hills haha.

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2022, 05:15:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The tre flips can look different based on your settings and how you control the flick (especially if you play on the "desync" setting). I do mine fairly quick and snappy rather than how they did them for the gameplay trailer.

Really looking forward to the update as I've been playing for a couple years now and will definitely appreciate it being more polished. Kinda bummed they didn't show any hilly neighborhoods in that trailer though. San Fran was the city I was hoping they'd reveal, but I want it for the hills haha.

They also said that trailer was made a few month ago, and 7 builds orders, than the one they currently working on.

Donovan said, that he will post on Sunday a « director cut » of that teaser, with a better skate sounds and a few shots from others spots not showed yet. IGN kinda fucked up the release, they were suposed also to show a 15min of raw footage. And talk more about the game and recent development.
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2022, 09:21:36 AM »

The brands are shit too. Young dudes play games, gotta include them too.

Fuck just get the cooler small brands on board. Frog and Limosine for the kids, Tired for the dads, Was hoping they’d drop SF and all the Deluxe brands though tbh but it seems they’re stuck in the daggy early 2000s.
Also this shit better control better if they’re gonna (hopefully) have some hills to bomb. You could just let it roll down the biggest hill on earth atm and it’d just roll down easy. Give us some balance drama.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2022, 12:41:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck just get the cooler small brands on board. Frog and Limosine for the kids, Tired for the dads, Was hoping they’d drop SF and all the Deluxe brands though tbh but it seems they’re stuck in the daggy early 2000s.
Also this shit better control better if they’re gonna (hopefully) have some hills to bomb. You could just let it roll down the biggest hill on earth atm and it’d just roll down easy. Give us some balance drama.
None of the brands apart from fallen even go with any of the listed skaters. I don't mind Louie, billy mark, Appleyard, burman, daewon but you'd think if you could get those names you could also get a new guy from toy machine, enjoy, zero etc I know there's not a lot of money but you'd assume certain skaters would be like "yeah ok fuck it I'm in" knowing they're never getting picked for tony Hawks or anything

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2022, 02:15:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
None of the brands apart from fallen even go with any of the listed skaters. I don't mind Louie, billy mark, Appleyard, burman, daewon but you'd think if you could get those names you could also get a new guy from toy machine, enjoy, zero etc I know there's not a lot of money but you'd assume certain skaters would be like "yeah ok fuck it I'm in" knowing they're never getting picked for tony Hawks or anything

I think that most of them doesn't get paid, brands doesn't seem to get paid too. that's why probably some sponsors of the skaters aren't in the game. There's 3 skaters leff to be announced? Hopefully they can get some good pros.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2022, 08:58:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I think that most of them doesn't get paid, brands doesn't seem to get paid too. that's why probably some sponsors of the skaters aren't in the game. There's 3 skaters leff to be announced? Hopefully they can get some good pros.
this makes sense cause i was scratching my head wondering how Jahmir was in this game but Palace and DC are no where to be seen in the sponsors
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Palm

« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2022, 09:37:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
this makes sense cause i was scratching my head wondering how Jahmir was in this game but Palace and DC are no where to be seen in the sponsors

DC is in the game, they have a lot of brands not announced yet.
Also pro skaters are individual, brands are corporate business. Don’t fantasize too much about the skateboarding industry, having a pro in a game doesn’t mean the brand want to be in as well. And I would say even most of the time brands and pros are assholes to small projects with a little money.
Not even talking about the endless legal process with lawyers.

There is chances that all the pros you are worshiping are just assholes, by either asking for more money or just didn’t believe in the project.

That’s at least half of the answer of « why they haven’t my favourite pro ».

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2022, 11:10:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Also pro skaters are individual, brands are corporate business. Don’t fantasize too much about the skateboarding industry, having a pro in a game doesn’t mean the brand want to be in as well. And I would say even most of the time brands and pros are assholes to small projects with a little money.

There is chances that all the pros you are worshiping are just assholes, by either asking for more money or just didn’t believe in the project.

That’s at least half of the answer of « why they haven’t my favourite pro ».
I wouldn't necessarily say somebody is an asshole for not wanting to give their likeness to a videogame if they don't think it's worth the money. As a pro you would of built your name up over the years and might be defensive of somebody just stepping in and taking advantage.
this is actually basically the same argument i think of when skaters just use other people's art and music.
That being said it must be a nightmare trying to get a group worthy skateboarders to sign up these days. Don't even know how you'd start.

Palm

« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2022, 11:26:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

That’s at least half of the answer of « why they haven’t my favourite pro ».
[close]
I wouldn't necessarily say somebody is an asshole for not wanting to give their likeness to a videogame if they don't think it's worth the money. As a pro you would of built your name up over the years and might be defensive of somebody just stepping in and taking advantage.
this is actually basically the same argument i think of when skaters just use other people's art and music.
That being said it must be a nightmare trying to get a group worthy skateboarders to sign up these days. Don't even know how you'd start.

Oh no, believe me, there is definitely a lot of assholes in the industry. A lot of entitled people that don’t deserve the fame they got.

Devs approached their all their favourites brands and pros to be in the game, and the answers from some of them was really not cool.

Made even some inconfortable situation with a cool pro who accepted to be in the game, but his sponsors didn’t accepted and were means toward the devs.

At least what you can say, is the pros and brands who are in the game are cool people.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2022, 08:59:14 PM »
Interesting, how do you know all that?

I think the Session guys taste doesn't line up with mine, but I don't care about early 2000s late 90s too much, all up to 97 then from 2010.  Either way, don't really care about pros and brands, but wish h

They confirmed no SF hills will be in it as there's no challenge from the game, which is my biggest gripe with the game.  It's not a skating simulation, it's a trick simulation, because being on the board has no consequences.  Speed and momentum doesn't really play into the gameplay and the game suffers for it.  Give me a hill to bomb with the chance to hitting a crack or getting the wobbles, navigating cars, slowing down to hit a rail or ledge and then reckoning with the run out speed. 

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2022, 03:49:45 PM »
Agreed about the pro selection being a little weird (although yes as a small dev team without a lot of money they probably got kooked out by a lot of people) but I will say the last couple pros that they haven't announced yet are solid picks. Since they have manny santiago on the roster hopefully they add Brad Cromer down the line to complete the meme

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2022, 06:36:01 AM »
Interesting, how do you know all that?

I think the Session guys taste doesn't line up with mine, but I don't care about early 2000s late 90s too much, all up to 97 then from 2010.  Either way, don't really care about pros and brands, but wish h

They confirmed no SF hills will be in it as there's no challenge from the game, which is my biggest gripe with the game.  It's not a skating simulation, it's a trick simulation, because being on the board has no consequences.  Speed and momentum doesn't really play into the gameplay and the game suffers for it.  Give me a hill to bomb with the chance to hitting a crack or getting the wobbles, navigating cars, slowing down to hit a rail or ledge and then reckoning with the run out speed.

You've got me daydreaming of a sim version of Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.
Downhill Jam 2 Gaiden: Shut Up and Hellride

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2022, 05:17:19 AM »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2022, 05:58:30 AM »
I would definitely buy it twice if it later shows up on twitch.  Hopefully they follow through unlike skater xl

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #259 on: September 03, 2022, 10:33:10 AM »

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: September 06, 2022, 01:26:58 PM »
shoutout to Session for giving us maps of real spots without making the users create them on their own (SkaterXL) or just not even having real spots in their game (Skate 4). I will be for sure be giving them my money on the 22nd
- Crailtap

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CiN1Xz-gkzo/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I don't know if this trailer was made with the last build but graphics and animations look really good. Finally some good shoe options after two years with és and fallen shoes.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2022, 04:07:35 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CiN1Xz-gkzo/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I don't know if this trailer was made with the last build but graphics and animations look really good. Finally some good shoe options after two years with és and fallen shoes.
getting CONS in the game is pretty major
- Crailtap

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »
There's a good possibility the Cons are only for Louie's character as of right now, though in future updates they may add more options for the custom skater now that they have the license. There may be a similar deal with Adidas for Daewon and two of the unannounced pros who also ride for them. Still cool that they're able to work with big brands and the gameplay looks absolutely amazing in those clips, I've been playing since the game was on Kickstarter so I'm excited to feel how much everything has improved

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2022, 07:00:12 PM »
There's a good possibility the Cons are only for Louie's character as of right now, though in future updates they may add more options for the custom skater now that they have the license. There may be a similar deal with Adidas for Daewon and two of the unannounced pros who also ride for them. Still cool that they're able to work with big brands and the gameplay looks absolutely amazing in those clips, I've been playing since the game was on Kickstarter so I'm excited to feel how much everything has improved

2 unannounced adidas pros!!???!?!   You tease!!!   I hope one is Heitor with the Jahmir Brown connection 🙏

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2022, 10:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

2 unannounced adidas pros!!???!?!   You tease!!!   I hope one is Heitor with the Jahmir Brown connection 🙏
If they were smart the other would be Nora or Mariah duran.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2022, 05:36:23 AM »
Busenitz & Nora would rule

CanadianBacon

« Reply #267 on: September 11, 2022, 10:16:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
If they were smart the other would be Nora or Mariah duran.

I like Soto!!

CanadianBacon

« Reply #268 on: September 11, 2022, 10:32:20 AM »
Busenitz & Nora would rule
My initial thought was those 2 would be in the new Skate game.

CanadianBacon

« Reply #269 on: September 11, 2022, 11:32:08 AM »
Jacopo follows the game on Instagram.  That would be a wet dream!!!