Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43182 times)

internetname

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #270 on: September 11, 2022, 12:17:19 PM »
Jacopo follows the game on Instagram.  That would be a wet dream!!!
He's won't be on their roster for the initial launch but from what I understand the format for future DLC packs will be a new location, pros associated with the location, gear from the pros' sponsors and local brands, and new story missions at the spots so they'd be dumb not to try to do a Milano Centrale DLC with Jacopo

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #271 on: September 11, 2022, 12:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He's won't be on their roster for the initial launch but from what I understand the format for future DLC packs will be a new location, pros associated with the location, gear from the pros' sponsors and local brands, and new story missions at the spots so they'd be dumb not to try to do a Milano Centrale DLC with Jacopo

Ooooo... Milano Centrale is my favorite in SkaterXL. Would love that.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #272 on: September 11, 2022, 01:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's fucking sick!!   Thanks for the info!!!  👊

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #273 on: September 16, 2022, 12:20:32 PM »
Nora, Samarria, Torey Pudwill and Ryan Thompson are the remaining skaters.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CilAiKhAVhH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Adidas will be available for custom skaters too

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #274 on: September 16, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »
Eh whatever I'll stick with custom and Barletta on occasion

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #275 on: September 16, 2022, 12:42:28 PM »
Ryan Thompson is so good. Kinda random choice for a game but I'm not complaining. Roger sponno makes sense now
https://youtu.be/DlcuQHT_-mQ

internetname

« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2022, 03:14:18 PM »
Ryan Thompson is so good. Kinda random choice for a game but I'm not complaining. Roger sponno makes sense now
https://youtu.be/DlcuQHT_-mQ

He was one of the first people backing the game and helping them with industry connections and stuff. I'm assuming they held out on adding him until now cause they were trying to get the Adidas license in order but he's been a friend of the studio for a while so its cool to see him finally in the game

internetname

« Reply #277 on: September 16, 2022, 03:17:05 PM »
Nora, Samarria, Torey Pudwill and Ryan Thompson are the remaining skaters.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CilAiKhAVhH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Adidas will be available for custom skaters too

Glad I was wrong about the Adidas license, hopefully NB# is also available for the custom skaters

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2022, 03:24:46 PM »
Nora’s good, Adidas is a sick pull.

Hope this game goes well! Love the 90s focus but hope they keep it modem enough to get kids excited. Brands and stuff don’t matter really but they definitely help sell it and hope their lack of ‘cool’ shit doesn’t hurt em.

Can’t wait to get my hands on v1. Transition grinds are gonna be sick

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2022, 07:30:08 AM »
Anyone playing yet?

FuzzGNU

« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2022, 07:39:58 AM »
Anyone playing yet?

PC version isn't out for another hour.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2022, 07:46:48 AM »
Anyone playing yet?

I stumbled into a release event in Brooklyn last night that had a couple stations going. I rolled around EMB for maybe 5 minutes. The menus are all redone and they look nice and the thing actually runs way better than I've ever seen it (though I'll see how my 2060 fairs against it). I should have looked at the new pants or the pros but I had to dip out of there
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2022, 08:11:30 AM »
Haven't played yet, but I do know now that all the flip tricks are "desynced", so scooped tricks will be noticeably harder. If you messed with the desync setting in previous versions, then you'll know what I'm talking about. Some practice and setting adjustments should take care of that though. I always enjoy the learning curve that comes with new versions, so I'm very excited to mess around with it later.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2022, 08:21:34 AM »
Good vid going through everything here. China banks looks so dope

https://youtu.be/YGRFZsgA2k4

CanadianBacon

« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2022, 08:25:13 AM »
Anyone playing yet?

I've got about 3 hrs in.  Absolutely incredible!!!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #285 on: September 22, 2022, 08:34:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone playing yet?
[close]

half an hour until steam release, been playing a bunch lately, i have high hopes.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2022, 09:04:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone playing yet?
[close]

[close]

half an hour until steam release, been playing a bunch lately, i have high hopes.

Still not downloading for me :(

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2022, 10:30:31 AM »
Restarting Steam seems to be the usual trick to get any new updates to refresh.
-Summer of George-

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2022, 10:44:37 AM »
so sick that you can go to Atlas. Weird that they put it on Kearny St next to China Banks but I guess it makes sense that they didn't want to put San Mateo in the game. They got the layout of the shop perfect though, even down to how the product is organized. They would never, ever sell Madrid boards though.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »
Was hoping psychical copies would be available but not finding any nearby and had to download.  I'm fucked on the progress I was supposed to make with work today

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2022, 11:29:11 AM »
downloaded the trial this morning, gonna wait til I get off work to tap in. I've only played skate. so i'm used to the flick-it controls, is it hard learning the controls for Session?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2022, 11:31:56 AM »
downloaded the trial this morning, gonna wait til I get off work to tap in. I've only played skate. so i'm used to the flick-it controls, is it hard learning the controls for Session?

the only thing that will be tricky to get used to is using the triggers to turn. They have the option to let you use the skate controls though if you want.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2022, 11:37:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the only thing that will be tricky to get used to is using the triggers to turn. They have the option to let you use the skate controls though if you want.
oh shit! thats kinda clutch. i will eventually learn the session controls but its nice i can start the game using Skate. controls
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2022, 12:26:23 PM »
Coming from countless hours on skaterxl its hilarious how fucking horrible I am at this haha but its amazing so far.  Basically pretending to be Nike Stain going as fast as possible and working my ass off for a clean back tail

CanadianBacon

« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2022, 12:49:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
oh shit! thats kinda clutch. i will eventually learn the session controls but its nice i can start the game using Skate. controls

Sorry guys, but they ditched the legacy controls for full release.   You're gonna be discouraged at first, but give yourself a couple days and you'll never wanna go back!!!

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2022, 12:52:27 PM »
Reporting back in after a few hours with 1.0... so damn good now that I have a feel for it. I love how much quicker and snappier you can do 360 flips now.

And good lord the lip trick mechanics. I could mess with the small qps at LES all day now.

Very stoked.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2022, 01:04:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Sorry guys, but they ditched the legacy controls for full release.   You're gonna be discouraged at first, but give yourself a couple days and you'll never wanna go back!!!

aw dang that's a bummer, but yeah I agree I prefer their controls. I actually got a couple of my friends to try the game based on telling them that if they don't like their controls they could just use the Skate ones lol, oh well

FuzzGNU

« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2022, 01:29:45 PM »
The new controls that Session and SkaterXL will make you never want to go back to Skate.

HUGE disclaimer though, the default gameplay sliders for Session (especially the ones involving turning) are pretty awful. All of it is going to be subjective, and may vary by what controller you are using. However I think the turning is ridiculous out of the box.

I'll share my personal settings for an Xbox One controller on PC:

Board Settings:
Sync Truck Tightness: On
Front/Back Truck Tightness: 12/20
Wheel Bite: Disabled
Wheel Grip: 15/20

Advanced Settings:
Banking/Turn Rate: 0/20
Crouching Bank Rate: 10/20 (Default)

It feels like the turning may have changed a little bit since the pre-release, so I might still tweak these, but this is a good starting point at the very least.

I also feel that the revert triggers a bit too easily while you are trying to fine-tune your approach to a rail, so I have that backed off of the default by a bit.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2022, 01:57:57 PM »
What are your preferred settings for spinning? I had to turn it all the way down just to stop doing damn 360s on everything.

I'm loving Rob Welsh lines at pier 7 so far

CanadianBacon

« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2022, 02:00:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

aw dang that's a bummer, but yeah I agree I prefer their controls. I actually got a couple of my friends to try the game based on telling them that if they don't like their controls they could just use the Skate ones lol, oh well

Lol     I actually just found out today so you can't be blamed!!!