Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43067 times)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #360 on: September 26, 2022, 08:40:16 PM »
They have his switch ollie down Love and I believe the backtail down blubba.  No nollie fs 180 over the banks rail tho.  For that rail I got wenning switch ollie, Davis torg nollie heel and Kevin Bradley 360

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #361 on: September 26, 2022, 09:02:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Trick detection can be sort of annoying when it comes to doing missions, sometimes it flat-out doesn't register. I won't even bother beating that Manny Santiago misson where you're supposed to 180 5050 the handrail because it just will not even register that a 5050 happened. Transition skating sucks dick in this game too, gave up on Nora missions once you had to grind over the hip at FDR. Seems like such a waste of a really well constructed level when any sort of transition skating was so clearly an afterthought.

With that all said though, overall the game is a lot of fun and looks really great. I'm playing on an Xbox so graphics are obviously not going to be to the level of some insanely expensive PC, but I'm not really any sort of "gamer" so it doesn't bother me. I've got a couple gripes, but nothing compared to some of the crybabies I see on IG bitching about every single aspect of the game.
[close]

I’m playing it on a not quite top of the line but pretty close PC build and the graphics remind me of PS3 graphics lol. I’m not very picky about that sort of stuff so I don’t mind, the gameplay makes up for it anyways

yeah i've got it on a PC with all settings maxed out and just got the PS4 version and the graphics are the same.  The Unreal 5 upgrade will fix that a bit.  PS4 slowdown on bails is a ballache though

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #362 on: September 26, 2022, 09:17:48 PM »
I fucking hate pressing L2 and R2 to turn or rotate instead of what we’re all used to

You get used to it, and it's kinda sick.  I just hate how upright and rigid turning is.  No carve or flow at all. 

What're y'all's preferred settings?

I decided to run default settings and tweak the flip settings to manual catch, sync flips off and quick shuvs off. Feels more consistent for me when trying 360 flips vs varial flops. Took me a while to get used to manual catch rather than auto catch but it's super satisfying to land tricks/grind.

I haven't tried to do any of the new lip tricks they added but I think the pool in SF is a good spot to try so I'll explore later when I'm off work. For reference, i'm on Xbox One and I haven't encountered any crashing issues or graphic issues.

I've just turned on Manual catch and i'm really loving it.  Never clicked with it before 1.0, but really enjoying it.  Heightens the simple stuff to make it more enjoyable, which is how I like to play. 

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #363 on: September 27, 2022, 02:52:02 AM »
Trick detection can be sort of annoying when it comes to doing missions, sometimes it flat-out doesn't register. I won't even bother beating that Manny Santiago misson where you're supposed to 180 5050 the handrail because it just will not even register that a 5050 happened. Transition skating sucks dick in this game too, gave up on Nora missions once you had to grind over the hip at FDR. Seems like such a waste of a really well constructed level when any sort of transition skating was so clearly an afterthought.

With that all said though, overall the game is a lot of fun and looks really great. I'm playing on an Xbox so graphics are obviously not going to be to the level of some insanely expensive PC, but I'm not really any sort of "gamer" so it doesn't bother me. I've got a couple gripes, but nothing compared to some of the crybabies I see on IG bitching about every single aspect of the game.

Tricks detections are working, most of the time it’s a players issue, not reading the right instruction to do in the mission. If it’s not written « no pop » it means you got to pop out all your tricks, and that is the case for that Fs 180 to switch 50-50. And needless to say that you need to have both trucks perfectly on that rail. Also you need to grind a good portion of the rail to make it legit.

For the Nora mission, you need to read the Nora dialogue to understand what to do. And once you’ve started the mission, dialogue is gone and the mission resume isn’t clear enough. You need to grind or slide the hip at the bottom not the vert wall. And you need to use the lip tricks system, no pop to grind.

Hope that will help!
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #364 on: September 27, 2022, 06:09:28 AM »
Expand Quote

I’m playing it on a not quite top of the line but pretty close PC build and the graphics remind me of PS3 graphics lol. I’m not very picky about that sort of stuff so I don’t mind, the gameplay makes up for it anyways
[close]

I think where the graphics really shine is when you go into VX camera mode and make it just dark enough for the camera light to flip on. Looks so fucking sick to me. Also it kinda hides the harsh visuals of the map/level if you know what I mean. I wonder if this game has depth of field adjustment because that would help I think.

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #365 on: September 27, 2022, 06:15:17 AM »
one thing i noticed or might misremember... but didn't the beta have bails at some point? so that you don't die when missing a flip and stuff, like another poster noted. i think there was also something like a disengage basically, so that you can decide to bail out mid flip and the skater would just run it out.

was that a different game? or was that before they did the new animations and stuff.

I haven't seen that but I'm pretty sure they did that in skate 3. I know the Skate beta that came out recently had much more fluid bails. Doesn't really seem as good as this or skater XL though otherwise. That's one thing that I absolutely hate in skate games. You're just fucking dead, you missed the trick, goodbye. Respawn a new you.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #366 on: September 27, 2022, 12:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tricks detections are working, most of the time it’s a players issue, not reading the right instruction to do in the mission. If it’s not written « no pop » it means you got to pop out all your tricks, and that is the case for that Fs 180 to switch 50-50. And needless to say that you need to have both trucks perfectly on that rail. Also you need to grind a good portion of the rail to make it legit.

Hope that will help!

Didn't work for me. I did the absolute most of the rail possible perfect fs 180 switch 5050 and popped out multiple times no luck. Someone on reddit said only do the flat, did that a few times and no luck either.

I eventually got it by approaching the rail fs and did an alleyoop fs 180 to switch bs 5050.  Funny thing tho is that it counted one I didn't even land... fucking stupid lol

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #367 on: September 27, 2022, 12:14:39 PM »
The only trick detection issues I've had is on the Samaria water street mission it never recognizes me grinding a ledge. And on the Jamie Thomas Brooklyn Banks line. I tried it for close to an hour and couldn't get into bs 5050 finally got it and it didn't recognize the line I was beyond Pissed.

Also I would say this game is the spiritual successor to Thrasher Skate and Destroy with having to pre plan tricks and lines, and having to catch tricks. Even it's level system reminds me of Thrasher somewhat
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #368 on: September 27, 2022, 12:46:04 PM »
Loving it for the most part. Still a lot of work needed on animations, transition skating, wallies and everything else.

And where are Pops historical challenges?? A glaring omission

I got a couple Poppalardo challenges. But the historical stuff seems very hit or miss.

Unless literally every trick I did didn't register correctly, there aren't any famous tricks marked for Hubba Hideout.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #369 on: September 27, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Loving it for the most part. Still a lot of work needed on animations, transition skating, wallies and everything else.

[close]

I got a couple Poppalardo challenges. But the historical stuff seems very hit or miss.

Unless literally every trick I did didn't register correctly, there aren't any famous tricks marked for Hubba Hideout.

Interesting, I got like five Jeremy Wray tricks at Hubba but couldn't get anything else

Trick registration is absolutely still fucked in some places. Me personally, the philly shop rail big spin has never worked, before full release and after
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #370 on: September 27, 2022, 01:19:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You got some at hubbas but it’s not the complete list. You got all the Jeremy Wray from second hand smoke, only pop shove fiveO didn’t worked. Jason dill. 20 shot sequences nollie Fs tail. Mike carroll front feeble, Steve Olson Fs blunt, koston backside noseblunt.
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #371 on: September 27, 2022, 01:36:47 PM »
Anyone get the handicap rail challenge in Philly?

Its a handicap ramp rail but its right against a wall with a higher rail next to it so you cannot lipslide or feeble this damn thing. I tried doing the higher rail that goes straight out but its not counting so far anyway.

NEVERMIND. Skate the higher straight out rail backside and do bs lip and feeble and you're good. These challenges are fucking riddles.

New request: who knows where to find rib man? No tracking shows up in any map but I heard he's hidden in the creature park?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 02:15:58 PM by matt_2993 »

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #372 on: September 27, 2022, 02:46:16 PM »
the fred gall crack rail at love is fun to skate, was expecting that to be a historical challenge.

hope the turning gets tweaked a bit. still havent dialed in my settings, when I’m going slow the turning radius is huge, but when I’m going fast its super twitchy.

WPG

« Reply #373 on: September 27, 2022, 03:49:29 PM »
Anyone get the handicap rail challenge in Philly?

Its a handicap ramp rail but its right against a wall with a higher rail next to it so you cannot lipslide or feeble this damn thing. I tried doing the higher rail that goes straight out but its not counting so far anyway.

NEVERMIND. Skate the higher straight out rail backside and do bs lip and feeble and you're good. These challenges are fucking riddles.

New request: who knows where to find rib man? No tracking shows up in any map but I heard he's hidden in the creature park?

It's "inside" of the brooklyn banks bridge look for a door. Also if you go to the banks with it tracked it should lead you there
Muska, Chillin Chillin

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #374 on: September 27, 2022, 04:03:17 PM »
It isn’t a fun game, but it is realistic

most of your time will be spent slamming, just like real life

banardo

• Rep: 8
« Reply #375 on: September 27, 2022, 04:09:50 PM »
there's about 30 historical tricks on hubba.... there's a historical trick on the crack rail too (not freddy unfortunately though)

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2022, 04:54:23 PM »
I could've sworn on the early access build fred's 5050, kerry lipslide, and suciu back lip on the crack rail were all historical challenges but now it seems like it's only front lip. Maybe I'm completely making that up though

WPG

« Reply #377 on: September 27, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1867459194

I hope they update this list. If you're a big nerd they have a source for most ads or clips of tricks. Sadly it's old but helps out a lot, and points out which tricks you will need to switch stance or skater for. (I used Louie Barletta for Danes 5050drop in Philly for example)
Edit

From https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1413151&page=2

Right hubba
Nollie bs nose slide
Nollie bs crooked
Nollie bs tail
Nollie FS tail
FS 180 nosegrind
Fake FS noseslide
Switch FS 50-50
FS crook (did it switch)

Left hubba
Kickflip fs 5-0
Kickflip FS lipslide
Switch bs noseslide
Fs 180 bs nose grind bs shuv out
Be shuv FS 5-0Hubba hideout
Left hubba
FS tail
FS 50-50
FS 5-0
Sw bs tail
FS feeble
FS salad
Bs tail shuv
Bs shuv FS crook

Right hubba
FS blunt
Bs crook
Bs nose blunt
Bs 180 FS nose grind
Bs tail
Bs 50-50
Sw fs noseslide
Fs 270 FS board
Bs feeble
Sw FS tail
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:27:49 PM by WPG »
Muska, Chillin Chillin

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #378 on: September 27, 2022, 05:16:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tricks detections are working, most of the time it’s a players issue, not reading the right instruction to do in the mission. If it’s not written « no pop » it means you got to pop out all your tricks, and that is the case for that Fs 180 to switch 50-50. And needless to say that you need to have both trucks perfectly on that rail. Also you need to grind a good portion of the rail to make it legit.

For the Nora mission, you need to read the Nora dialogue to understand what to do. And once you’ve started the mission, dialogue is gone and the mission resume isn’t clear enough. You need to grind or slide the hip at the bottom not the vert wall. And you need to use the lip tricks system, no pop to grind.

Hope that will help!

Actually it's the thing I said. I've done about a dozen 180 5050s perfectly and it doesn't register a grind even happening. The only time it's happened to register a grind at all it says it's a nosegrind or a 5.0 , not a 5050. I know what a 5050 is, so don't worry I'm making sure both trucks are on the rail lol

Don't you EVER say it's my fault again, over anything.

Oh also, I beat the Nora mission, popped into both grinds too. Fuck the lip trick system.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: September 27, 2022, 07:25:38 PM »
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1867459194

I hope they update this list. If you're a big nerd they have a source for most ads or clips of tricks. Sadly it's old but helps out a lot, and points out which tricks you will need to switch stance or skater for. (I used Louie Barletta for Danes 5050drop in Philly for example)
Edit

ohhh I think this is why none of my tricks counted. I was trying a lot of famous goofy footed tricks regular, so I guess I was technically doing them on the wrong side of the hubba.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2022, 12:04:55 AM »
It was humorous to find that all the historical challenges over the pad at pier 7 (or at least all the ones I did, and I did a lot) are credited to Marcus Mcbride. I suppose it’s a testament to how heavily he laid it down there

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #381 on: September 28, 2022, 05:02:22 AM »
Been playing the shit out of this for the last 4 months, and psyched on the full release.  I'm on an Xbox One and have noticed a few things that may be helpful to folks with older consoles/XBox.

Set your graphics mode to "Performance", that helps with the motion blur.  Turn off or turn down the pedestrian density (they love hanging out in front of out ledges anyway, just like real pedestrians).  If you're still having trouble, turn off the physical animations, that should help with blur.  Hopefully they fix those issues soon.

Oh, and on XBox, 360 flips and variations are currently screwed up if using manual catch - for now, I've just been not tre flipping unless it's mission required and if so I just set it to autocatch instead, and then flip it back.

Philly contest- the key is to not fall.  Do a good 3 trick line (flip in/flip out on the benches is a great score booster) and then just chill for the rest of the alloted time.  Bails are weighted really heavily against makes, so a sick line with a couple bails thrown into the heat will score less than a decent line with no bails. 

The Crea-Ture park isnt't listed- to get to it, go to the brooklyn banks OG spawn spot, skate up until you see the doors on your left, one of those will get you into the park.

Powerslides are so much fun, I've been having fun messing around with some of the wedges at LES, sliding up the wall a bit and then hitting grinds or lipslides. 

Anyway I'm loving this game. 

steezenking

• Rep: 12
« Reply #382 on: September 28, 2022, 06:56:12 AM »
I wish you slightly rolling into something didn't explode like they were in a 100mph car crash.

WPG

« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2022, 06:59:36 AM »
It was humorous to find that all the historical challenges over the pad at pier 7 (or at least all the ones I did, and I did a lot) are credited to Marcus Mcbride. I suppose it’s a testament to how heavily he laid it down there

https://youtu.be/tU9cIxo_t4Q

Had to see it for myself.
Muska, Chillin Chillin

WPG

« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2022, 01:13:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Actually it's the thing I said. I've done about a dozen 180 5050s perfectly and it doesn't register a grind even happening. The only time it's happened to register a grind at all it says it's a nosegrind or a 5.0 , not a 5050. I know what a 5050 is, so don't worry I'm making sure both trucks are on the rail lol

it's my fault again,

If you 180 into a 5050 you have to do the Input for a SWITCH 5050 if you do the normal 5050 input nothing will happen. Took me forever to realize this, if you are already doing the switch input then idk what to say ( I forgot about 180 grinds again last night trying a mark suciu Blubba challenge and had to relive the frustration)
Muska, Chillin Chillin

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2022, 05:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

it's my fault again,
[close]

If you 180 into a 5050 you have to do the Input for a SWITCH 5050 if you do the normal 5050 input nothing will happen. Took me forever to realize this, if you are already doing the switch input then idk what to say ( I forgot about 180 grinds again last night trying a mark suciu Blubba challenge and had to relive the frustration)

I know, I beat it basically right after that post by just alley-ooping into it approaching the rail frontside. It counted that way for some reason. I just felt like they were being condescending so I decided to be rude to them. The old way for the controls on 180s into grinds was better imo, this new way feels counterintuitive.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1534
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has an issue with differences turning heelside va. Toe side on ps4. Its responsive toe side but not heelside.

Just made it to no comply. Their choice of brands to include was a surprise.

Doing the manual mission with donovan and it isn't counting lands, but it counted a switch manual where I touched down my front wheels lol whatever
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:42:49 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2022, 07:53:27 PM »
I saw someone posted about another Manny Santiago mission, but anyone else having issues with the one where you have to fs shuv/nollie heel/varial heel into a grind? It's not registering any of them, and it also won't let me do any other missions cuz I'm permanently assigned to this challenge. I've tried restarting the game a couple times and nothing.

Edit: day later, tried again, took a few makes for it to register but I beat it. I dunno, haha
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 11:03:17 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #388 on: September 29, 2022, 05:41:56 PM »
It's probably because of the new quick shove-its, it's tough to tell the difference between those and normal shoves and the challenge won't complete if you do a quick shove.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2022, 07:16:26 PM »
Don't bother trying to get a historical challenge with AVEs switch ollie down then switch flip up the 5 in Philly, didn't register as anything for me