Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43188 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2022, 01:36:52 AM »
I saw someone posted about another Manny Santiago mission, but anyone else having issues with the one where you have to fs shuv/nollie heel/varial heel into a grind? It's not registering any of them, and it also won't let me do any other missions cuz I'm permanently assigned to this challenge. I've tried restarting the game a couple times and nothing.

Edit: day later, tried again, took a few makes for it to register but I beat it. I dunno, haha

Pizzafliptofakie, I only say this because I respect you... I don't know how to say this... so I am just going to come out and say it. @pizzafliptofakie , you died 2 weeks ago in a car accident. You are now in Manny Santiago purgatory for the foreseeable future, doing tricks no one wants to see for little to no accolades.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2022, 05:21:11 AM »
Expand Quote
I saw someone posted about another Manny Santiago mission, but anyone else having issues with the one where you have to fs shuv/nollie heel/varial heel into a grind? It's not registering any of them, and it also won't let me do any other missions cuz I'm permanently assigned to this challenge. I've tried restarting the game a couple times and nothing.

Edit: day later, tried again, took a few makes for it to register but I beat it. I dunno, haha
[close]

Pizzafliptofakie, I only say this because I respect you... I don't know how to say this... so I am just going to come out and say it. @pizzafliptofakie , you died 2 weeks ago in a car accident. You are now in Manny Santiago purgatory for the foreseeable future, doing tricks no one wants to see for little to no accolades.

I think "Manny Santiago purgatory" is just a euphemism for hell, so thank you for being the one to break it to me.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2022, 10:25:46 AM »
Don't bother trying to get a historical challenge with AVEs switch ollie down then switch flip up the 5 in Philly, didn't register as anything for me
Couldn't get the Wenning nollie heel over nollie 180 switch nosegrind line at loveto work either tried no pop low pop and pop out
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #393 on: September 30, 2022, 03:46:19 PM »
It isn’t a fun game, but it is realistic

most of your time will be spent slamming, just like real life

All the annoyances of skateboarding without the physical payoff.

I’m liking it more and more, and playing through the challenges is reminding me how Far it’s come. They were a real ball ache in the first build.  Manual catch has really heightened the enjoyment for me but sucks on some of the challenges. A manual catch fakie tre is impossible for my dumb fingers. But doing tre flips while cruising down the road and kickflip manuals up curbs are super satisfying in manual catch. They really need to work on the tutorial system though, so much of the game is hidden in unnamed complexity

DefNotJimmy

• Rep: -16
« Reply #394 on: October 03, 2022, 09:16:38 AM »
Has anyone found success with lage shuvs on consoles. I've tried fucking everything. I'm on Xbox. Trying to do the challenge over the rail at the banks. I understand how it works. I have late tricks enabled. I've tried with and without quick shuvs enabled. Tweaked all sorts of settings. Fucked with the timing and the speed for hours of my stick movement. The only time I get one they go like so fast you'd blink and miss em. I have to slow down the footage in the replay to just to confirm it shuved. But the game isn't counting those.

Is there something I'm missing or r late shuvs bugged on xbox one?

busstopmag

• Rep: 16
    • BusStop avatar image
« Reply #395 on: October 03, 2022, 01:16:17 PM »
If you are having trouble with missions, just try hucking and eating shit and just kind of doing it. Most of my problem missions were finally completed by either -

1 - Trying it switch
2 - Actually not landing it, but doing the trick
3 - Doing a completely different trick
D - Turning the game off and trying it the next day.

I love this game but it's frustrating as shit to do a trick and not get the credit for it. Bizarre idea to make a precise physics-based game in UNREAL ENGINE of all things, lol.

Also, just a question for you guys, do you think the pros in this game actually signed off on these likenesses?
Like Beagle, WTF LOL. Looks more like Lester from Skate or Die.
I feel so bad for these people seeing them rendered in-game.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #396 on: October 03, 2022, 01:56:59 PM »
Has anybody found any of those cats Nora's going on about? I figured it was something that wasn't finished yet like lip tricks aren't

Also - if lip tricks aren't finished why is the Nora FDR stuff even in the game? They weren't too hard and the game finally taught me how to pump after like, years, but why lock the biggest pro in your game in "Experimental features"
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

WPG

« Reply #397 on: October 03, 2022, 02:04:15 PM »
Has anybody found any of those cats Nora's going on about? I figured it was something that wasn't finished yet like lip tricks aren't

Also - if lip tricks aren't finished why is the Nora FDR stuff even in the game? They weren't too hard and the game finally taught me how to pump after like, years, but why lock the biggest pro in your game in "Experimental features"

Saw one at the end of pier 7 there's no way of getting to it I assume just an Easter egg
Muska, Chillin Chillin

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #398 on: October 03, 2022, 06:29:08 PM »

Wait how do you pump... I figure just doing right joy stick down to crouch would do it but didn't notice anything

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #399 on: October 03, 2022, 06:46:51 PM »
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #400 on: October 04, 2022, 07:06:07 AM »
Just trying out a little clip - I'm on an xbox one, so it seems like maybe the graphics are having some trouble keeping up, but here's a Pier 7 clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLT3aUfKc7o

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: October 04, 2022, 07:44:14 AM »
Who's got the talent to do Rob Welsh's backlip to back noseblunt going up the Pier 7 ledge?

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #402 on: October 04, 2022, 01:25:05 PM »
This game is hard as fuck, damn.

This guy makes it look good.

https://youtu.be/GitVc_IWfzw
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

busstopmag

• BusStop avatar image
« Reply #403 on: October 05, 2022, 07:50:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Trick detection can be sort of annoying when it comes to doing missions, sometimes it flat-out doesn't register. I won't even bother beating that Manny Santiago misson where you're supposed to 180 5050 the handrail because it just will not even register that a 5050 happened. Transition skating sucks dick in this game too, gave up on Nora missions once you had to grind over the hip at FDR. Seems like such a waste of a really well constructed level when any sort of transition skating was so clearly an afterthought.

With that all said though, overall the game is a lot of fun and looks really great. I'm playing on an Xbox so graphics are obviously not going to be to the level of some insanely expensive PC, but I'm not really any sort of "gamer" so it doesn't bother me. I've got a couple gripes, but nothing compared to some of the crybabies I see on IG bitching about every single aspect of the game.
[close]

[close]

Actually it's the thing I said. I've done about a dozen 180 5050s perfectly and it doesn't register a grind even happening. The only time it's happened to register a grind at all it says it's a nosegrind or a 5.0 , not a 5050. I know what a 5050 is, so don't worry I'm making sure both trucks are on the rail lol

it's my fault again,
[close]

If you 180 into a 5050 you have to do the Input for a SWITCH 5050 if you do the normal 5050 input nothing will happen. Took me forever to realize this, if you are already doing the switch input then idk what to say ( I forgot about 180 grinds again last night trying a mark suciu Blubba challenge and had to relive the frustration)

OMG thank you I hadn't even considered that. So like instead of down and up, it's up and down, right?
I have it on front foot/back foot mode, I'm not sure how that effects it. but this challenge is getting me, too.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #404 on: October 05, 2022, 08:38:58 AM »
Man, some of these missions are impossible. I almost had a brain aneurysm doing the Billy Marks one where you switch tre lipslide a handrail and then inward heel going forwards over a set like 10 feet away from the end of the handrail.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

busstopmag

• BusStop avatar image
« Reply #405 on: October 06, 2022, 06:49:16 AM »
Man, some of these missions are impossible. I almost had a brain aneurysm doing the Billy Marks one where you switch tre lipslide a handrail and then inward heel going forwards over a set like 10 feet away from the end of the handrail.

Did you end up doing it? I just did that one and I had to think outside the box. It doesn't tell you switch inward heel, it just says inward heel. So I'm like there's no time to revert - I just ollied the stairs after the 3 flip lip, pushed back around up the handicap ramp and did the stairs again going regular, and did the regular inward heel. I feel like I have to do this shit a lot. That, or mess with the gravity and pop settings.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #406 on: October 06, 2022, 07:21:32 AM »
"I like to play"
made a little tribute to Shortys Steve Olson.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjOIuFopnh0/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

WPG

« Reply #407 on: October 06, 2022, 10:16:55 AM »
"I like to play"

Sweet, I saw your THPS4 video on IG the other day. Keep up the great work
Muska, Chillin Chillin

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #408 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
"I like to play"

[close]

Sweet, I saw your THPS4 video on IG the other day. Keep up the great work

Haha thanks, pal. Got a few more fun ideas up my sleeve. Really loving the new update...

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #409 on: October 06, 2022, 11:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you end up doing it? I just did that one and I had to think outside the box. It doesn't tell you switch inward heel, it just says inward heel. So I'm like there's no time to revert - I just ollied the stairs after the 3 flip lip, pushed back around up the handicap ramp and did the stairs again going regular, and did the regular inward heel. I feel like I have to do this shit a lot. That, or mess with the gravity and pop settings.

I did end up doing it. I was planning on doing what you did, but I just went super slow so I had enough time to revert after the switch tre lip.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

aleksander

• Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #410 on: October 06, 2022, 04:49:15 PM »
A big list of the historical challenges here - https://www.reddit.com/r/projectsession/comments/xxg77k/session_historical_challenges_spreadsheet/

No respect for Lenny Kirk  >:(

Anybody tell me how to shove it out of boardslides/lipslides? I've been trying to do AO's back lip shove it or the Heath style lip slide shove but either kickflip or just bail completely.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #411 on: October 07, 2022, 05:09:36 AM »
A big list of the historical challenges here - https://www.reddit.com/r/projectsession/comments/xxg77k/session_historical_challenges_spreadsheet/

Anybody tell me how to shove it out of boardslides/lipslides? I've been trying to do AO's back lip shove it or the Heath style lip slide shove but either kickflip or just bail completely.

Thanks! I had another list but this one it's better organized. After finishing the missions I started with the historical challanges but quite desperating, did the Aaron Herrington jerome banks ollies like 20 times and none of them counted. 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #412 on: October 07, 2022, 05:42:44 AM »
If you are having trouble with missions, just try hucking and eating shit and just kind of doing it. Most of my problem missions were finally completed by either -

1 - Trying it switch

I love this game but it's frustrating as shit to do a trick and not get the credit for it. Bizarre idea to make a precise physics-based game in UNREAL ENGINE of all things, lol.

Also, just a question for you guys, do you think the pros in this game actually signed off on these likenesses?

Hhaha holy fuck.  Semper Fi or Die.

Is unreal engine shit for real time physics stuff?  They're upgrading it to 5 atm.

As for the state of the 1.0, I can forgive certain animations and shit, but having the 'game' elements broken and unfinished like missions is just fuckin' dogshit.  Maybe the main dude who left this and the main dude who left skater xl should make a skate game together

WPG

« Reply #413 on: October 07, 2022, 06:13:07 AM »

Relative trick input in settings might help with it on you have to do flip outs based on how you're locked into grinds with it out all tricks out will pop like on flat. Might be worth checking that setting.

Also @alraunen you have to powerslide after the first 2 ollies on that jerome banks challenge
Muska, Chillin Chillin

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #414 on: October 07, 2022, 07:22:23 AM »
"I like to play"

That was fucking awesome!!!  Followed!!!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: October 07, 2022, 08:32:55 AM »

I did a backlip bs shuv out on a regular ledge, I'll try to explain: skating regular get into a back lip by ollieing and moving left joy stick right, and right joystick left. Hold that while sliding but once you get close to end let go so they're back to normal and then do a shuv like you're on flat: left joystick up and right joystick down swooping left.  I play on regular settings without manual catch. Hope that helps

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #416 on: October 07, 2022, 08:35:45 AM »
Anyone else have an issue where you just don't have any active missions? I swear I couldn't have beat the game i never got that billy marks challenge mentioned above.  Maybe doing more historical challenges will unlock the next set of missions?

busstopmag

• BusStop avatar image
« Reply #417 on: October 07, 2022, 11:41:33 AM »
Anyone else have an issue where you just don't have any active missions? I swear I couldn't have beat the game i never got that billy marks challenge mentioned above.  Maybe doing more historical challenges will unlock the next set of missions?

I have the same thing on console. Looks like the PC version got an update that ends in .05, but on xbox I'm on an older build.

Not only that but I should have the achievements for those slides and number of 360 flips. I'm well over in the stats but it never popped.
I asked about it on reddit but some ass told me I should just 'try having fun' instead. lol

busstopmag

• BusStop avatar image
« Reply #418 on: October 07, 2022, 11:51:36 AM »
Expand Quote

1 - Trying it switch

[close]

Hhaha holy fuck.  Semper Fi or Die.

Is unreal engine shit for real time physics stuff?  They're upgrading it to 5 atm.

As for the state of the 1.0, I can forgive certain animations and shit, but having the 'game' elements broken and unfinished like missions is just fuckin' dogshit.  Maybe the main dude who left this and the main dude who left skater xl should make a skate game together

I didn't know those dudes left!
As far as I can tell, at least in my brief experience doing testing, and dabbling in design - Unreal seems to let devs rely on a lot of crutches like plug-ins and stuff to do the programming for them. (I mean both Unity and Unreal do that but apparently Unreal makes it real easy to jump into game design). But have you noticed that a lot of unreal games have some wonky ragdoll physics? Maybe someone else more experienced than me can explain it, but maybe session is weird because they didn't know how to add in bails and running out of flubbed kickflips. Or maybe it was too much work to get it right. Seems like maybe they are a small team. I'm only guessing because I don't know much about the team designing it. But failed tricks end up looking a lot like a guy that just got shot in Gears of War.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: October 11, 2022, 09:18:13 AM »
Was i mistaken for thinking we were gonna be able to play as the pros in the game? I wanna play as Louis barletta but I'm convinced there's no way to do so