Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 44484 times)

doyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #420 on: October 11, 2022, 11:31:08 AM »
Was i mistaken for thinking we were gonna be able to play as the pros in the game? I wanna play as Louis barletta but I'm convinced there's no way to do so

Go to your apartment, go to "Customize Your Skater," "Select/Edit Skater," then scroll through and make your selection.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #421 on: October 11, 2022, 12:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Was i mistaken for thinking we were gonna be able to play as the pros in the game? I wanna play as Louis barletta but I'm convinced there's no way to do so
[close]

Go to your apartment, go to "Customize Your Skater," "Select/Edit Skater," then scroll through and make your selection.

God this game is set up to be one big riddle. Thanks dude

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 63
« Reply #422 on: October 11, 2022, 08:08:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The options / menus are fucking labyrinthine.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #423 on: October 13, 2022, 09:24:22 AM »
This is my first ever attempt at doing any sort of editing of Session clips.  Having issues with shearing on some clips, others look better.  This is a super rough cut, there's no sync in the audio or anything, just messing around but check it out if you're so inclined.

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2022, 09:53:39 AM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2022, 05:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah it’s ass backwards to the uninitiated, like they never got new beta testers along the way.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2022, 06:50:09 AM »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: October 18, 2022, 11:33:00 AM »
Part I just finished up:

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2022, 12:33:34 PM »
Part I just finished up:

I did not realize that you were Ascension... Or rather Ascension is you... Good stuff, man.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2022, 12:42:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Part I just finished up:

[close]

I did not realize that you were Ascension... Or rather Ascension is you... Good stuff, man.

I don't remember any more how we initially got in touch,  but I feel like it was on slap actually. I remember you encouraging me to use manual catch way back when I first started playing.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #430 on: October 19, 2022, 02:25:10 PM »
Just got the game ps4. Have played skater xl allot so it’s interesting.

Still getting used to the controls in a big way. Trying to unlearn skater xl. But when I get it right it feels more satisfying than xl. The physics and the weight and floatyness feel way better.

Question how the hell do you do slow 180s ? When I turn in the air with the bumpers it’s janky as hell.

doyle

• Rep: 212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2022, 02:48:54 PM »
Question how the hell do you do slow 180s ? When I turn in the air with the bumpers it’s janky as hell.

You can try using the triggers less and combining with both sticks inwards or outwards (depending on fs or bs), or you can try the different Body Rotation Modes (pause - options - gameplay - body rotation mode).

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2022, 04:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You can try using the triggers less and combining with both sticks inwards or outwards (depending on fs or bs), or you can try the different Body Rotation Modes (pause - options - gameplay - body rotation mode).

Thanks. Was trying the stick. But must’ve been doing it wrong. Didn’t realize you could Edit body rotation. I’ll look at that too. 

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2022, 08:01:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks. Was trying the stick. But must’ve been doing it wrong. Didn’t realize you could Edit body rotation. I’ll look at that too.

Also, if you hold the start button it will open up your advanced stats. You can adjust how quickly or slowly the skater rotates there.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2022, 08:06:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Also, if you hold the start button it will open up your advanced stats. You can adjust how quickly or slowly the skater rotates there.

Damn it another secret i wish I had ages ago! 
Another great newbie tip, double tap triangle/Y to start on your board switch

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #435 on: October 20, 2022, 08:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn it another secret i wish I had ages ago! 
Another great newbie tip, double tap triangle/Y to start on your board switch

What! I did it once and thought it was a glitch. Would've been helpful for lots of challeneges
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

ChipSuey

« Reply #436 on: October 25, 2022, 09:31:06 AM »
I'm getting a bit more confident in my edits (still very amateur though), check it out if you'd like.  I'd also be interested in some spot battles or something if anyone is down.  If you're on Xbox, my gamertag is ChipSuey.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #437 on: October 25, 2022, 10:03:54 AM »
Randomly getting this channel recommended alot, but it makes me want to try session where before i was more into the look of sxl (that i don't play (yet) either)

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #438 on: October 25, 2022, 01:03:32 PM »
Randomly getting this channel recommended alot, but it makes me want to try session where before i was more into the look of sxl (that i don't play (yet) either)
if youre on console, def go with session. but if youre on pc and like being able to tinker/customize your experience, modded skater xl will always be a more flowy/responsive experience. not to mention the 100s of maps and 1000s of pieces of gear.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
« Reply #439 on: October 25, 2022, 01:42:48 PM »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #440 on: October 26, 2022, 03:50:01 AM »
Anyone else remember that "copy the trick above you" skater xl thread we had going? Copy above and leave a new trick or line for next person to match?

Shit was pretty fun

ChipSuey

« Reply #441 on: October 26, 2022, 04:25:16 AM »
Anyone else remember that "copy the trick above you" skater xl thread we had going? Copy above and leave a new trick or line for next person to match?

Shit was pretty fun

Shit I'd be down for something like that. 

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #442 on: October 27, 2022, 06:57:19 PM »

holup that name seems mad familiar i think we mightve went to the same high school lmao

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #443 on: October 27, 2022, 07:03:48 PM »
fire part btw idk how u get wallrides to work

ChipSuey

« Reply #444 on: October 28, 2022, 04:46:38 AM »

Hey quick question is the map with the Canal Fountain a mod or is that in the game? 

WPG

« Reply #445 on: October 28, 2022, 06:29:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey quick question is the map with the Canal Fountain a mod or is that in the game?

Looks like a mod as the background looks pretty empty. And I haven't seen it in the main game at all
Muska, Chillin Chillin

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #446 on: October 28, 2022, 08:07:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Looks like a mod as the background looks pretty empty. And I haven't seen it in the main game at all

Yeah its an unfinished mod, would be sick if they added that spot to the base game though

WPG

« Reply #447 on: October 28, 2022, 08:36:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah its an unfinished mod, would be sick if they added that spot to the base game though

Agreed but I doubt they will since it seems like they focused more on the late 90s early 2000s spots
Muska, Chillin Chillin

DefNotJimmy

• Rep: -16
« Reply #448 on: October 28, 2022, 11:42:58 AM »
Cal2k and JL Nightmare definitely hold it down in the historical challenges info on YouTube. Credit to them for sure.

But Roll Forever Gaming really deserves some more views. His dedication to portraying and filming the tricks accurately and including the originals. It's so perfect and there is some real dedication going into that. Kudos if you lurk here or even post up. Sometimes I go back and watch em just for the og clips. It's nice to have a lot of that history in one place. And of course super helpful with completing the challenges.

China banks video yesterday is excellent. Very helpful. Nailed the challenges within a hour. And honestly I didn't know about a couple of those tricks like what Jakko did there so very grateful for that today. That shit was sick.

Also I'd be down to do the trick challenge talked about in the last 2 pages. I want more challenges and shit and unless they expand the story again this the closest ima get.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #449 on: October 31, 2022, 12:45:25 AM »
When I do the stick input for low pop ollies I end up doing a pressure heel or pressure kickflip 95% of the time, does anyone know how to avoid doing that? I’m trying to do Daewon’s Parking Lot mission and it’s pretty frustrating not being able to low pop ollie

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?