Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43073 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2022, 05:05:12 AM »
Cal2k and JL Nightmare definitely hold it down in the historical challenges info on YouTube. Credit to them for sure.

But Roll Forever Gaming really deserves some more views. His dedication to portraying and filming the tricks accurately and including the originals. It's so perfect and there is some real dedication going into that. Kudos if you lurk here or even post up. Sometimes I go back and watch em just for the og clips. It's nice to have a lot of that history in one place. And of course super helpful with completing the challenges.

China banks video yesterday is excellent. Very helpful. Nailed the challenges within a hour. And honestly I didn't know about a couple of those tricks like what Jakko did there so very grateful for that today. That shit was sick.

https://youtu.be/5quqTnIutlM

Also I'd be down to do the trick challenge talked about in the last 2 pages. I want more challenges and shit and unless they expand the story again this the closest ima get.
That video just shows how slow and weightless the game actually is.  Need to feell the gravity & momentum landing in steep banks etc.  Just no consequences for hard tricks and landings.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2022, 05:24:34 AM »
When I do the stick input for low pop ollies I end up doing a pressure heel or pressure kickflip 95% of the time, does anyone know how to avoid doing that? I’m trying to do Daewon’s Parking Lot mission and it’s pretty frustrating not being able to low pop ollie

You want to make sure you're not doing any sort of flip input - for low pop make sure you crouch for a regular ollie then snap directly down on the right stick (or whatever you use to ollie) - you may be inadvertently scooping during that input. 

I'd practice them on flat and on grinds to kind of figure out how they work best for you.

ChipSuey

« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2022, 05:27:18 AM »

[/quote]
That video just shows how slow and weightless the game actually is.  Need to feell the gravity & momentum landing in steep banks etc.  Just no consequences for hard tricks and landings.
[/quote]

That could have more to do with the settings, you can turn up the gravity and there's a big drop landing input as well where if you don't time it right you slam from impacts.

ChipSuey

« Reply #453 on: November 02, 2022, 04:37:11 AM »
I've been messing around with quick grinds and more "realistic" stuff lately, it's weird because it's a video game so it's hard to resist going THPS and seeing how many ridiculous flip to grind to flip to grind variations I can do. 

This was pretty satisfying. 

https://youtu.be/LnSHAZ_rI6s

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2022, 04:07:23 AM »
Was gonna start a thread for repeat the trick above you but then found how horrible I am with the camera editor. Definitely need to put some practice in there

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #455 on: November 07, 2022, 06:08:53 AM »
Is there a list of what gear/brands are in this?
and NY, Philly & SF, or is there more?
I sucked at Skater XL but am hearing better things about this game

ChipSuey

« Reply #456 on: November 07, 2022, 07:27:51 AM »
Was gonna start a thread for repeat the trick above you but then found how horrible I am with the camera editor. Definitely need to put some practice in there

https://youtu.be/70N4w0D7oR0

This dude has a good breakdown of the basics of the editor.  It helped kind of unlock it for me, hope it helps you.

Also I'm no expert but I've gotten pretty decent at the basic functions so if there's anything you're stuck on maybe I can help.

ChipSuey

« Reply #457 on: November 07, 2022, 07:34:06 AM »
Is there a list of what gear/brands are in this?
and NY, Philly & SF, or is there more?
I sucked at Skater XL but am hearing better things about this game

I'm trying to find a list, but off the top of my head- Almost, Antilanta, Santa Cruz, Heroin, Welcome, Jart, Magenta, Element, Zero, OJ Wheels, Snot Wheels, Satori, Fallen, Es, Adidas, Santa Cruz, Flip, Thank You and Meow. 

There's just the three cities for now, but the NYC map especially is super detailed and big.  They're planning on adding more.  If SkaterXL gave you trouble, I can't say this is gonna be easier, but once you start dialing things in, it's super satisfying, especially on manual catch with low grind alignment.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #458 on: November 09, 2022, 11:29:30 AM »
Just installed the game. I spent quite some amount on skater xl on Playsation, which suck way to much due to the abscence of mods, but Session is quite hard. Love it so far

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #459 on: November 09, 2022, 01:36:10 PM »
Once they figure out the whole multiplayer thing its a wrap. SkaterXl and Skate 4 wont even come close
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

ChipSuey

« Reply #460 on: November 09, 2022, 05:47:14 PM »
Hey all if you want to join in some fun we’re starting a little fun thread here, it’s copy the trick before you and then do a new one.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=124128.0

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #461 on: November 09, 2022, 09:43:31 PM »
What are people's experiences on PC right now. I have a fairly high-end set-up that I just built (have been on consoles until now essentially) and should run it no problem, but does it run well in general. I already put it on my Steam Wishlist to grab next time I see a sizable sale.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2022, 05:05:55 AM »
What are people's experiences on PC right now. I have a fairly high-end set-up that I just built (have been on consoles until now essentially) and should run it no problem, but does it run well in general. I already put it on my Steam Wishlist to grab next time I see a sizable sale.

There are 3 NYC maps, 2 San Fran maps (and many other smaller ones I'm not including in those counts).

2/3 of the NYC maps run great, 1 runs awful. 1 San Fran map runs great, and the other runs good most of the time (a bit inconsistent). That is my experience at least.

I definitely say grab it on PC.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #463 on: November 14, 2022, 05:36:19 AM »
Still trying to figure out to time my speed properly. One push seems to slow. Two pushes seems to fast most of the times - especially in tight spots. Any pointers?

ChipSuey

« Reply #464 on: November 14, 2022, 06:04:52 AM »
Still trying to figure out to time my speed properly. One push seems to slow. Two pushes seems to fast most of the times - especially in tight spots. Any pointers?

I'd play around with the advanced settings- you can set your push force and your max speed.  I often end up tweaking that on the fly to be able to properly hit a spot without going too slow or fast.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: November 14, 2022, 07:47:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd play around with the advanced settings- you can set your push force and your max speed.  I often end up tweaking that on the fly to be able to properly hit a spot without going too slow or fast.
Cheers! Will try that

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #466 on: November 14, 2022, 09:18:46 AM »
kinda random but do more pants get unlocked as i do challenges? looking for some basic chinos. ps4, so no mods.

ChipSuey

« Reply #467 on: November 14, 2022, 10:29:56 AM »
kinda random but do more pants get unlocked as i do challenges? looking for some basic chinos. ps4, so no mods.

The shop has a bunch but they don't add more clothes- there's both baggy and chino options in the shop. 

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #468 on: November 14, 2022, 03:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The shop has a bunch but they don't add more clothes- there's both baggy and chino options in the shop.

thanks! i remember looking at the shop but i think there are more than one shops or i didnt look hard enough.

ChipSuey

« Reply #469 on: November 15, 2022, 04:15:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thanks! i remember looking at the shop but i think there are more than one shops or i didnt look hard enough.

There's one shop in NYC, one in Philly, and two in SF (one is a "secret" shop near the China Banks).  They all have the same stock though, nothing really unlocks as you progress (other than getting some boards for doing challenges).

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2022, 02:13:15 PM »
When I do the stick input for low pop ollies I end up doing a pressure heel or pressure kickflip 95% of the time, does anyone know how to avoid doing that? I’m trying to do Daewon’s Parking Lot mission and it’s pretty frustrating not being able to low pop ollie

Quick update on this, I ended up trying this mission with a different controller and it was much easier to consistently low pop ollie and not pressure kick/heelflip. For anyone playing on PC and using an Xbox controller, try a different one, I think the newer Xbox controllers have a really high resolution in terms of positioning degrees of the joysticks which makes pointing your stick directly down for low pop ollies really difficult. I used a PS4 controller using an application called DS4Windows.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #471 on: December 05, 2022, 06:12:30 AM »

ChipSuey

« Reply #472 on: December 05, 2022, 01:28:28 PM »
My latest edit  :-*

That was a lot of fun! Jealous of the mods as I’m on console. I like your filming style too!

I also just uploaded a little edit as well, if anyone cares to take a look.

https://youtu.be/bgT4Yf-8eaY
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:15:25 PM by ChipSuey »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #473 on: December 05, 2022, 06:05:09 PM »
Sick^^

Am I the only one that just noticed the Map Layout options unde the Experimental menu? Added quite a few little spots to the Brooklyn banks area and can also add a christmas tree to love park

ChipSuey

« Reply #474 on: December 06, 2022, 05:28:47 AM »
Sick^^

Am I the only one that just noticed the Map Layout options unde the Experimental menu? Added quite a few little spots to the Brooklyn banks area and can also add a christmas tree to love park

Thanks for watching!  Yeah that feature is good, at least the banks one, it adds a mini ramp too.  The Philly one is just the tree, but hey it's christmas time so why not?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2022, 12:04:27 PM »
what's y'all's preferred screen recorder for PC? I'm looking to start making lil edits

Also how do you save the filming of the clip as opposed to the skating? When I go back to view old clips I've saved it makes me refilm it... unless I'm missing something that's pretty frustrating. With that said I paid very little attention to the Beagle missions so this is probably what I deserve lol.

ChipSuey

« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2022, 12:09:37 PM »
what's y'all's preferred screen recorder for PC? I'm looking to start making lil edits

Also how do you save the filming of the clip as opposed to the skating? When I go back to view old clips I've saved it makes me refilm it... unless I'm missing something that's pretty frustrating. With that said I paid very little attention to the Beagle missions so this is probably what I deserve lol.

I’m on Xbox so I can’t help with the screen recorder but I save my replays after I do all my camera moves, that way when I reload all the moves are saved and visible with montage mode on.

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2022, 01:36:23 PM »

OBS.

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #478 on: December 11, 2022, 10:22:27 AM »
https://streamable.com/80s1te https://streamable.com/8sdqwb

Recently figured out animation swapping and have been digging through some of the unused animations that were left in the game files, got some fun results

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #479 on: December 11, 2022, 02:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Quick update on this, I ended up trying this mission with a different controller and it was much easier to consistently low pop ollie and not pressure kick/heelflip. For anyone playing on PC and using an Xbox controller, try a different one, I think the newer Xbox controllers have a really high resolution in terms of positioning degrees of the joysticks which makes pointing your stick directly down for low pop ollies really difficult. I used a PS4 controller using an application called DS4Windows.

Another update on this, low pop ollies work every time now for some reason… I’m back to using my Xbox controller on PC. Maybe they fixed it in the new update? Also, was anybody at all having this issue before? I feel like I’m the only one lol I haven’t seen anyone bring it up anywhere else