Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43102 times)

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #480 on: December 13, 2022, 08:56:20 AM »
Copped it on sale today on a whim. Fun game. I like the sounds and feel more than XL and it seems harder. Is the menial DLC even worth getting at the moment?

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #481 on: December 13, 2022, 12:21:50 PM »
https://streamable.com/80s1te https://streamable.com/8sdqwb

Recently figured out animation swapping and have been digging through some of the unused animations that were left in the game files, got some fun results

Dude WHAT. This is so fucking sick. I'm stuck playing on xbox. Very jealous.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #482 on: December 13, 2022, 05:00:53 PM »
Copped it on sale today on a whim. Fun game. I like the sounds and feel more than XL and it seems harder. Is the menial DLC even worth getting at the moment?

I dont think so. Its just 2 skateparks, one from Europe thats kinda fun but most obstacles are really just small. Then a giant warehouse that feels kinda like a big THPS created park. Kinda fun but nothing to stress over if you don't wanna blow more cash

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #483 on: December 14, 2022, 04:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dont think so. Its just 2 skateparks, one from Europe thats kinda fun but most obstacles are really just small. Then a giant warehouse that feels kinda like a big THPS created park. Kinda fun but nothing to stress over if you don't wanna blow more cash

Yeah the DLC is fine, but if I didn't have it I wouldn't miss it. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #484 on: December 14, 2022, 05:16:08 AM »
Does anyone else's character often do a quick manual as they crouch to pop? It's very annoying.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #485 on: December 14, 2022, 11:14:50 AM »
Info on the studios next updates
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/861650/view/3646257252117047952

Overall sounds like performance improvements mainly coming "early 2023" with a new DLC drop after that will include a new map, supposedly not an existing city this time.  Worried it looks a bit crowded and chaotic from this teaser but hope I'm wrong, hyped either way
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmKJiaeA3Ad/?igshid=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #486 on: December 14, 2022, 01:02:50 PM »
tbh wouldnt mind if they just stuck to doing existing cities. let EA deal with all the make believe shit
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #487 on: December 14, 2022, 01:19:03 PM »
Zero gameplay improvements is some real dogshit.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #488 on: December 14, 2022, 02:44:00 PM »
tbh wouldnt mind if they just stuck to doing existing cities. let EA deal with all the make believe shit

The blog post seemed to imply that the new map is a real place, just not a city

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2022, 06:29:16 AM »
The latest edit I put together; it's a collaboration with a pal in the session community.

https://youtu.be/_DKIeC_W6_k

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #490 on: December 30, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »
copped, been having fun trying to figure it out. skating muni and love park with the vx camera settings on is fucking great

ChipSuey

« Reply #491 on: January 02, 2023, 06:17:54 AM »
The latest edit I put together; it's a collaboration with a pal in the session community.

https://youtu.be/_DKIeC_W6_k

Nicely done!

ChipSuey

« Reply #492 on: January 02, 2023, 06:19:49 AM »
I put together another little edit.

I’m on an Xbox One so I don’t exactly have the best graphic settings. Stance is goofy.

https://youtu.be/9hBAQI78qG4 

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2023, 11:51:51 PM »
Session coming to Switch on March 16th?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2023, 03:31:13 AM »
I put together another little edit.

I’m on an Xbox One so I don’t exactly have the best graphic settings. Stance is goofy.

https://youtu.be/9hBAQI78qG4 

Great edit. I need to get this game.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2023, 10:44:09 AM »

will definitely get this, Session would be so good portable. Break out the switch and skate pier 7 for 30 minutes while you wait to board your plane or some shit like that

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2023, 12:51:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

will definitely get this, Session would be so good portable. Break out the switch and skate pier 7 for 30 minutes while you wait to board your plane or some shit like that

Yuppp definitely buying it again lol

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: January 13, 2023, 10:56:40 PM »
Has anyone finished the "That's how it's done" Steam challenge?

Do you have to do it from a fresh save / freshly installed game? Because I made a new character,  played with manual catch from the first mission and I just finished the EMB jam and the thing didn't trigger. I had done a few missions before on another character with auto catch on so I'm assuming that's what messed it up but I thought it would be fine if I just started from a fresh new custom character. I never used that other character or auto-catch settings after I started this a couple of days ago. Ah well, it didn't take that long at least.

sle_epy

• Rep: -82
« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2023, 04:34:28 AM »
Does anyone else's character often do a quick manual as they crouch to pop? It's very annoying.

Edit: explained poorly before.

Kind of an old post, but this only happens to me when I attempt to go into my crouch but don't hold the stick all the way down before I pop. It's gotta hit the rim, and or you have to pop your front foot stick up right when you stop moving the back foot stick down. If you hold it down less than all of the way or don't push the front foot stick up immediately you'll go into manual based on whatever time threshold they've set.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 04:18:56 PM by Eivetsskates »
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2023, 09:13:04 AM »
Switch Pre-order is now available.  Haven't checked the price yet but I'll probably buy eventually. I just can't imagine those little joysticks working too well vs ps4 but this still dope to see

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #500 on: January 19, 2023, 10:23:20 PM »
They're asking $60 CAD for the game on switch. $20 for the shitty DLC and $70 for the Deluxe version which is just game + shit DLC.

Bad price. Even $45 on Steam was too steep for me for an incomplete game so I waited for the sale. Not too impressed.

Also was watching some guys video explaining how the game might be a little fucked on switch since they don't have trigger sensitivity and the triggers just click.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2023, 12:19:28 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnxUa3nhqMN/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Would be amazing to have all dlx brands in the game

slapshakle

• Rep: 17
« Reply #502 on: January 25, 2023, 05:54:19 PM »

Do you have to do it from a fresh save / freshly installed game? Because I made a new character,  played with manual catch from the first mission and I just finished the EMB jam and the thing didn't trigger. I had done a few missions before on another character with auto catch on so I'm assuming that's what messed it up but I thought it would be fine if I just started from a fresh new custom character. I never used that other character or auto-catch settings after I started this a couple of days ago. Ah well, it didn't take that long at least.

Late reply, what you have to do is set your current character to manual catch before creating a new character. Worked perfectly for me thankfully as some of those challenges took forever to register on my second playthrough for whatever reason.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2023, 02:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks, it worked on my 2nd playthrough doing what you said!

Late reply, what you have to do is set your current character to manual catch before creating a new character. Worked perfectly for me thankfully as some of those challenges took forever to register on my second playthrough for whatever reason.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #504 on: February 09, 2023, 03:54:52 AM »
I don't understand why they put all the stupid pressure flip/casper/primo/darkslide freestyle shit in Session instead of no complies/wallrides/wallies and god forbid actual transition skating. I don't mind that there are no grabs but the fact that they half-assed the transition and lip trick stuff so badly is kind of insulting. The Nora missions are just abysmal to complete.  They should have just entirely left it out of the game and focused on more interesting street stuff minus the pressure and freestyle nonsense. Even if they left all that experimental stuff out and didn't add any of the stuff I suggested earlier they could have used all that effort to just further refine the game and maybe add more spots or another city. Also why no Clipper Ledge in SF???!

I still enjoy playing the game but it feels like it's just going to go nowhere and die off soon. Apparently, there is a new map and a fairly major update coming this year but not holding my breath.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2023, 01:35:38 PM »
I don't understand why they put all the stupid pressure flip/casper/primo/darkslide freestyle shit in Session instead of no complies/wallrides/wallies and god forbid actual transition skating. I don't mind that there are no grabs but the fact that they half-assed the transition and lip trick stuff so badly is kind of insulting. The Nora missions are just abysmal to complete.  They should have just entirely left it out of the game and focused on more interesting street stuff minus the pressure and freestyle nonsense. Even if they left all that experimental stuff out and didn't add any of the stuff I suggested earlier they could have used all that effort to just further refine the game and maybe add more spots or another city. Also why no Clipper Ledge in SF???!

I still enjoy playing the game but it feels like it's just going to go nowhere and die off soon. Apparently, there is a new map and a fairly major update coming this year but not holding my breath.

Yeah no slappies, wallies and wallrides sucks but I think they’re struggling with them.  Or his taste in skating is kinda wack.  They’d open up the world if they were built into the game.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #506 on: March 06, 2023, 09:14:26 AM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #507 on: March 06, 2023, 09:58:44 AM »

i kind of managed to get the hang of skating transition, at least i can do some tricks consistently, like lip and tailslides, 5-0s, noseslides and stalls. you can also just ride up at an angle with enough speed and then powerslide into lipslides or smith grinds. i managed to do fs powerslide to 5-0 in transition. les is a good place to try that, the lower transition is way easier to skate when it comes to grinds and stuff.

i just turned all the freestyle shit and late tricks off because they would always happen at the wrong time, if i would want to do a late shuv i'd rather turn it back on temporarily.

i also miss proper wallrides. with full gravity you can plonk against stuff a little bit similar to skaterxl. but it only works on banked stuff so far, and when it works, it doesn't look right.

i really hope no complys and wallrides will eventually be implemented. they are such a mainstay of temporary skateboarding that it's puzzling to me that they aren't included at all.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: March 06, 2023, 11:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i kind of managed to get the hang of skating transition, at least i can do some tricks consistently, like lip and tailslides, 5-0s, noseslides and stalls. you can also just ride up at an angle with enough speed and then powerslide into lipslides or smith grinds. i managed to do fs powerslide to 5-0 in transition. les is a good place to try that, the lower transition is way easier to skate when it comes to grinds and stuff.

i just turned all the freestyle shit and late tricks off because they would always happen at the wrong time, if i would want to do a late shuv i'd rather turn it back on temporarily.

i also miss proper wallrides. with full gravity you can plonk against stuff a little bit similar to skaterxl. but it only works on banked stuff so far, and when it works, it doesn't look right.

i really hope no complys and wallrides will eventually be implemented. they are such a mainstay of temporary skateboarding that it's puzzling to me that they aren't included at all.

Just FYI for pc players: there's a no-comply mod in the Illusory discord. It uses the input for a pressure flip and looks decent so long as you catch it at the right time.

boneless900

• Rep: 52
« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2023, 08:55:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yuppp definitely buying it again lol

Gonna snag this for switch as well. Playing on Xbox just made me want to play Session handheld with some TV on as background noise or skate videos for trick inspiration