Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43066 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #540 on: March 22, 2023, 05:11:48 PM »
Theres so much shit to do rather than dumb board breaking.  Wallies, slappies, open up the world by being able to smash into it.  I swear they stopped following skating after Zeros peak.

FactoryMinimum

• Rep: -5
« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2023, 09:15:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Speaking of which, they teased board breaks on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/actionofcreate/status/1638592404117934080

Just the middle of the board so far. Update drops next week. I'm curious what else will drop in the update.
[close]

This is cool, but now that I'm playing through the campaign with manual catch only, this game is far too difficult already. There's no way I'm enabling this, I could definitely see it causing me at certain gameplay moments to focus my entire PC.

Speaking of frustrating parts of this game, does anyone else get the bug where upon returning to your session marker, your back foot clips through the tail, causing you to be unable to push unless you get off your board and get back on? I'm thinking it could possibly be mod related as I'm running the custom Half Cabs mod right now

Could be the mod. I play only vanilla and haven’t encountered it.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #542 on: March 23, 2023, 10:59:08 AM »
Theres so much shit to do rather than dumb board breaking.  Wallies, slappies, open up the world by being able to smash into it.  I swear they stopped following skating after Zeros peak.

Guessing this is a significantly easier thing to program. They lost their key programmer for the biggest stuff so I wouldn't expect big updates like that anytime too soon

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #543 on: May 06, 2023, 10:37:26 AM »
Late to the game on this, but started playing a week ago.  Still trying to get consistent at grinds, but this game smokes Skater XL in my opinion.  My only gripe is that it would seem a lot more fleshed out if they recorded audio of the characters for the challenges.  Feels so good to do an impossible in a skate game.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #544 on: May 14, 2023, 04:25:07 AM »
There's DLC coming soon, but still no gameplay improvements.  Wild stuff.

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #545 on: May 14, 2023, 08:39:07 AM »
There's DLC coming soon, but still no gameplay improvements.  Wild stuff.

not really true, you got some changes in the gameplay as well. it's not big stuff, but some small details here and here.
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #546 on: May 17, 2023, 11:12:44 AM »
New map is available, think it was 13 bucks after tax. It's an abandoned Waterpark level which I was pretty pissed about at first but 15 minutes in so far I'm fuckin with it. A lot of dope little spots built in throughout, not just giant empty slides

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #547 on: May 18, 2023, 01:14:25 PM »
New map is available, think it was 13 bucks after tax. It's an abandoned Waterpark level which I was pretty pissed about at first but 15 minutes in so far I'm fuckin with it. A lot of dope little spots built in throughout, not just giant empty slides

yeah i'm still feeling the new map out but my first impressions are I dig it, the clipper replica is good, I prefer it over the skater xl replica but it annoys me that there's debris in the roll away. I haven't hit the debris yet when landing but i foresee it happening eventually especially if I try a Darrell Stanton over-blunt

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2023, 06:59:39 AM »
Hurt my back so I've been playing lying down instead of sitting at the monitor. Anyone else find it super hard yo ride down the waterslides? I've messed around with truck tightness but it still feels like any adjustment I make sends me flying off the side, I also find the powerslides still don't work great which is disappointing with all the downhill in this level maybe I just need to practice them more. The street areas are fun and I hope to give it a proper play this weekend

Are the spots at the waterpark just wayyyy bigger than the base game I'm breaking a board every couple minutes even with the wear and tear turned all the way down
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:48:21 PM by WPG »
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #549 on: May 19, 2023, 01:16:51 PM »
Hurt my back so I've been playing lying down instead of sitting at the monitor. Anyone else find it super hard yo ride down the waterslides? I've messed around with truck tightness but it still feels like any adjustment I make sends me flying off the side, I also find the powerslides still don't work great which is disappointing with all the downhill in this level maybe I just need to practice them more. The street areas are fun and I hope to give it a proper play this weekend

Are the spots at the waterpark just wayyyy bigger than the base game I'm breaking a board every couple minutes even with the wear and tear turned all the way down

The spots are pretty big in this map. I can tell they're trying to make their equivalent of a mega ramp park like in the EA Skate games. To be honest I keep board breaking disabled, this game is hard enough as it is and I feel like if I were ever spending a shit ton of time working on a trick and then my board broke on the make I would focus my desktop which I would prefer not to do

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #550 on: May 20, 2023, 12:42:54 AM »
The true downside to breaking a board is that it comes back as a blank. I'm not going to the shop to change that back especially if there's no shop in the map I'm on.

Personally I break boards more if I obviously landed imperfect and the frequency depends on height too which is good to see. I keep the meter in the middle too.

Not gonna lie kinda like the big slides. Fix your turn settings if you can't get down them. That giant euro gap feels like the street gap heath kickflipped/shane sw flipped. Nothing at all comparable to sxl really besides you get some speed and fly out. Most slides are unskateable

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #551 on: May 20, 2023, 04:21:14 PM »
I got this game for PC. It's pretty hard to play and it makes me motion sick. Makes me feel old.

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2023, 08:05:13 PM »
The true downside to breaking a board is that it comes back as a blank. I'm not going to the shop to change that back especially if there's no shop in the map I'm on.

Personally I break boards more if I obviously landed imperfect and the frequency depends on height too which is good to see. I keep the meter in the middle too.

Not gonna lie kinda like the big slides. Fix your turn settings if you can't get down them. That giant euro gap feels like the street gap heath kickflipped/shane sw flipped. Nothing at all comparable to sxl really besides you get some speed and fly out. Most slides are unskateable

Yes blanks suck, the game needs a "backpack" like skate 1 I don't even need to change clothes just wish I could use the infinite decks in my inventory instead of blanks.

Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #553 on: May 22, 2023, 02:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes blanks suck, the game needs a "backpack" like skate 1 I don't even need to change clothes just wish I could use the infinite decks in my inventory instead of blanks.

Isn't it pretty much the same to jump into the apartment, setup another deck and jump back to the spot you were at though, just a couple clicks more. The board breaking is kind of like the pedestrians, mostly annoying but so far I've still rather had it on for the added realism.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -270
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #554 on: May 23, 2023, 03:56:25 PM »
fuck this game

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #555 on: May 23, 2023, 09:55:53 PM »

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #556 on: May 24, 2023, 12:15:23 PM »
Expand Quote
fuck this game
[close]

care to elaborate?

As a big fan of this game with hundreds of hours of play time I don't think elaboration is necessary I completely feel them on this

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #557 on: June 11, 2023, 03:03:25 PM »
Is there a way to reverse the joysticks so the left one controls the tail and the right one controls the front foot? I'm goofy IRL so I'm trying to get it close to that for the controller.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #558 on: June 12, 2023, 06:17:26 AM »
Is there a way to reverse the joysticks so the left one controls the tail and the right one controls the front foot? I'm goofy IRL so I'm trying to get it close to that for the controller.

If you set your skater to goofy with left/right control scheme that should do it.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #559 on: June 15, 2023, 06:08:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you set your skater to goofy with left/right control scheme that should do it.

Dumb question but how do you do that? I have this game on Steam and I'm using a Nintendo Switch controller.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2023, 04:02:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dumb question but how do you do that? I have this game on Steam and I'm using a Nintendo Switch controller.

Oh shit you know I don't know what differences there are with the Switch, I'm on Xbox, maybe someone on Switch can chime in.  But for me it's in the options.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #561 on: June 16, 2023, 02:28:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh shit you know I don't know what differences there are with the Switch, I'm on Xbox, maybe someone on Switch can chime in.  But for me it's in the options.

Game is the same on Switch as it is on anything else except for the graphics. I would highly recommend using a controller other than the Switch one unless you have no other options because the triggers on the Switch controller are only buttons, which means you can't half press or quarter press or whatever the triggers, which means turning sucks and you're going to accidentally revert a lot

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2023, 04:29:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

https://imgur.com/a/iKN4IfT

open the pause menu -> options -> gameplay -> input mode and choose Left/ Right Foot

I am new to the game also and played in the original stance setting for the first few hours. I discovered I could change it to correlate to being goofy footed and thought that might feel more natural since I am goofy footed as well, but for whatever reason my brain likes this setting.

I saw your previous post; don't get discouraged if you're feeling the burn of the learning curve. It's worth getting used to. I've tried the more difficult modes briefly but for now I'm trying to slowly ramp up the difficulty settings since you have the ability to do that in the settings. I downloaded this game yesterday evening and I've already put almost 15 hours into the game. I haven't put that much time in with a game that I just bought since Tony Hawk's Underground when I was 13.

I've been playing a lot of skater xl, but after buying this I don't know why I'd ever play that again haha.

Does anyone have experience with downloading modded maps? I watched a video on how to do it, but is it worth it?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2023, 12:05:02 PM »
stoked to try out the new catching mechanic. The inaccurate foot placement immediately before landing always bugged me so I'm hoping the game will look and feel a lot better now.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2023, 12:08:45 PM »
Does anyone have experience with downloading modded maps? I watched a video on how to do it, but is it worth it?

I play modded maps and I love it, I have all the maps from Skater XL so there isn't a reason to play that anymore, at least for me because I vastly prefer the Session controls. You can add board graphics and clothes/shoes too, which is nice. I would say that if you get tired of the vanilla maps then modding the game to play new maps is a great idea and will provide many more hours of playtime.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2023, 12:23:41 PM »
Oh how I wish I had a legit computer and could play all my favorite games with mods, but alas I'm stuck with the console versions for now...

I did purchase the waterpark map and while it had some fun stuff, the transition stuff is still so wonky that it's practically unusable for me. The gameplay is really fun and challenging but it's like there is a limit to how many times you can do the same tricks on different spots before it comes repetitive.

I finally did that stupid "Line From Hell" mission, maybe everyone is just way better than me or has different settings, but that mission made me rage several times when I'm on the 10th bench and fuck up. Got to go around a clean up any missions I missed, if any, as it's hard to tell.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #566 on: July 15, 2023, 10:41:29 AM »

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #567 on: July 19, 2023, 12:31:19 AM »
Could anyone elaborate on the local multiplayer options? I've read things about filmer mode, S.K.A.T.E., skate dice etc. but I can't seem to find any information on them. Do you just pass the controller while playing for example the Game of Skate?

Edit: A friend told me that they were only there in early development stages. Hope that they ever make their return to the full game.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 02:45:06 AM by djoekr »
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #568 on: July 30, 2023, 07:44:53 PM »
Finally tested it since it was on sale on the PlayStation Store (paid 20 euros). Despite the lack of character customization, the settings that can be overwhelming, the lack of proper transition skating and the game being a bit clunky I love it so far. I have to say I find it better than skater XL which I didn’t play for months… it feels more « authentic » If I can say. More gritty.

I loved trying lines again and again. Also the big plus for me is the video editor, it’s so cool to be able to « film » like that :

I just messed around with the game for a few hours but I wish I had picked the game before… still a lot of mechanics to discover like the flip tricks settings for example (catch, scoop, etc…)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2023, 12:48:35 PM »
New map and skate as a ninja turtle, free update tomorrow
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvX5TWBJRtv/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==