Author Topic: Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain  (Read 23560 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Re: Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2020, 01:57:37 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dope if true.
917 is pointless
[close]

Well considering FA/Hockey been around for almost a decade without a full length, and id argue the 917 video was one of the top 20 full lengths of the decade, I don’t know where your fucking logic even begins. You realize FA/Hockey might be the biggest company in existence or maybe ONLY since fucking Before Powell started videos in the early 80s to have gone so long without a full length? Like shit is crazy. Has any company almost went a decade since its foundation without ever dropping a full length outside of shoe brands?
[close]
They release a lot of full length vids but the format isnt by parts which is a little annoying but theyre pretty decent quality.

slippy

• Rep: 86
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
917 should just absorb Frog Skateboards
[close]

At this point frog should just absorb 917
[close]
I hate frog's art direction thats why i said 917 does the catching
[close]
that’s cause your person

After Coronavirus brings us to the Stone Age, huddled around our trashcan fire I'll show my kids a printout of this and explain "there used to be this thing called the internet"
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2020, 01:58:58 AM »
If anyone still needed proof;

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2020, 03:04:47 AM »
you think he was just over it?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2020, 05:13:33 AM »
So 917 is better now than ever?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2020, 05:16:10 AM »
:(

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2020, 05:47:48 AM »

Is it just my dumbass that reads that as 917 is finished as a whole? They're still active on ig posting vids of their team as of a week ago

Kastel TM

• Rep: 2
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2020, 06:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is it just my dumbass that reads that as 917 is finished as a whole? They're still active on ig posting vids of their team as of a week ago

as long as they still have cyrus max and ao, they will be just fine.
T 714/369.4920

[email protected]

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2020, 06:27:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

as long as they still have cyrus max and ao, they will be just fine.
Assuming AO starts skating again.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2020, 06:43:06 AM »
If Olson starts skating again it means game over for FA/Hockey.

More realistically it will mean a couple of guys who kinda skate and are into comme des garcon in that they bought expensive converses might buy a 917 deck in the hopes of finally mustering the scoop for that ever elusive tre flip.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:45:04 AM by HeapsCool »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2020, 06:46:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don’t let it keep you from Thrasher using nomenclature incorrectly.    Verbiage is the right word even if the whole sentiment doesn’t really make much sense
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 07:52:01 AM by Atiba Applebum »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2020, 06:54:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Don’t let it keep you from Thrasher using nomenclature incorrectly (assuming their parroting Big Lebowski line).  Verbiage is the right word even if the whole sentiment doesn’t really make much sense

Their is the wrong word and you don't sound intellectual talking down to a publication where Jake Phelps was editor.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2020, 07:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Don’t let it keep you from Thrasher using nomenclature incorrectly (assuming their parroting Big Lebowski line).  Verbiage is the right word even if the whole sentiment doesn’t really make much sense
[close]

Their is the wrong word and you don't sound intellectual talking down to a publication where Jake Phelps was editor.

Not trying to sound intellectual and it’s not a pedantic thing like trying to zing me over a typo.  I just crave a soupçon (wink) of journalistic standards or professionalism from the likely self-dubbed “Bible”.  I know it’s not the fucking Utne Reader, but it’s also not some xeroxed ‘Zine.   

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2020, 08:10:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Phelps was a great writer.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2020, 12:53:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

still kicking, just very poorly phrased

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2020, 01:10:23 PM »
Is Andrew Wilson getting on Hockey?

thebacker

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2020, 02:32:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he wishes

(no)

woulda loved to see him still on polar

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
Nik on hockey seems like dill’s forced hand. Doesn’t fit imo.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2020, 02:45:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

he wishes

(no)
[close]

Very curious why he left and hasn't gotten on elsewhere. Thought for sure he was going straight to 917. Wonder if Pontus kicked him of or something?

917 can't be making very much money since they hardly release product. Might as well scrap the boards, transition to a homie clothing brand like Dime, and let Cyrus, Max, etc go get paid by a board brand. I would like to see Max on Isle and Cyrus should've never left Polar.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2020, 05:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

still kicking, just very poorly phrased

I'd be slightly pissed if my company was mistakingly made out like it's finished to the average joe in print. But who knows.. it might just drive the sales for next season if people thinks its the last drop haha

forreal tho, I do really fuck with 917s video output and I really hope they can facilitate turning Hugo pro

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2020, 05:48:20 PM »
how does that make it sound like 917 is out of business?  the company 'parted ways' with itself?

it is poorly written but not confusing
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

dishesinthesink

« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2020, 05:49:32 PM »
One Aaron Loreth is worth a thousand Sean Pablos.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2020, 06:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

he wishes

(no)
[close]

[close]
Very curious why he left and hasn't gotten on elsewhere. Thought for sure he was going straight to 917. Wonder if Pontus kicked him of or something?

917 can't be making very much money since they hardly release product. Might as well scrap the boards, transition to a homie clothing brand like Dime, and let Cyrus, Max, etc go get paid by a board brand. I would like to see Max on Isle and Cyrus should've never left Polar.
He left because Pontus is Euro Jamie Thomas.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2020, 06:13:06 PM »
Maybe most board companies are like this now but weren’t 917 guy getting board royalties only? Eventually, money talks.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2020, 06:13:15 PM »
One Aaron Loreth is worth a thousand Sean Pablos.

As hugo

jock_derrida

• Rep: 0
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2020, 12:22:39 AM »

I mean the sentence also kind of gives agency to 917 - i.e. it makes it sound like they dropped Vincent rather than him leaving/being pinched by Dill.

Also an unnecessary run-on sentence. And everyone knows "parted ways" is an idiom, and a common one at that that. No need to point it out. Why not just write something like

France's Vincent Touzery has parted ways with Alex Olson's 917 skateboards, and is now riding for Fucking Awesome. Likewise Slap's One in a Million star Nik Stain, who will be brawling back tails for Hockey.

Nik on hockey seems like dill’s forced hand. Doesn’t fit imo.
Yeah, I never saw the supposed fit. Fair enough, he's on Supreme now, but he seems way tighter with the core 917 squad of Cyrus/Max/Hugo/Aaron. Were anyone to leave for Hockey, I always thought Aaron would make the most "sense". Less in terms of fitting the aesthetic, but since he seems pretty close with Benny (and Diego).

One upside to Nik leaving is that hopefully both Aaron and Hugo can turn pro sooner rather than later.

Andrew Wilson could be a suitable addition. Either way the team's still pretty stacked. Full Pedro Attenborough part and a shared AO/David Clark part next vid would be tasty.

As for the brand seeming dead in the water: I can fully respect if shit's put on hold, what with the whole global pandemic, and them being based in the 'rona hotspot that is NYC. FWIW there was a screenshot of some kinda vid-in-progress on their IG story a couple days ago.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2020, 01:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

he wishes

(no)
[close]

[close]

[close]
He left because Pontus is Euro Jamie Thomas.

I don't think that's fair on Pontus. I think the way he is with his team is overstated at times.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2020, 06:43:44 AM »
Vincent is probably my favorite skateboarder right now but there's no way I'm buying an FA board since I'm not a 13-year-old wearing weed socks.

...though I do have a "favorite skateboarder" so maybe I should get off my high horse.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2020, 07:24:55 AM »
how does that make it sound like 917 is out of business?  the company 'parted ways' with itself?

it is poorly written but not confusing

def makes it look like they are shutting down.

Little Debbie

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »

Andrew Wilson could be a suitable addition. Either way the team's still pretty stacked. Full Pedro Attenborough part and a shared AO/David Clark part next vid would be tasty.

there's really no other place for Drew to end up. plus it's gotta be a more chill situation getting 917 boards with little to no expectations (since there's really no official team, just a loose crew).