Author Topic: Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain  (Read 23538 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
Re: Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »
Expand Quote

Andrew Wilson could be a suitable addition. Either way the team's still pretty stacked. Full Pedro Attenborough part and a shared AO/David Clark part next vid would be tasty.

[close]
there's really no other place for Drew to end up. plus it's gotta be a more chill situation getting 917 boards with little to no expectations (since there's really no official team, just a loose crew).
I wonder what Pontus forces you to do or does to make you leave.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Andrew Wilson could be a suitable addition. Either way the team's still pretty stacked. Full Pedro Attenborough part and a shared AO/David Clark part next vid would be tasty.

[close]
there's really no other place for Drew to end up. plus it's gotta be a more chill situation getting 917 boards with little to no expectations (since there's really no official team, just a loose crew).
[close]

props just asked him to post on instagram every once and a while and dude probably flipped

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2020, 11:32:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

props just asked him to post on instagram every once and a while and dude probably flipped

LOL

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -92
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2020, 11:40:11 AM »
Nik on hockey seems like dill’s forced hand. Doesn’t fit imo.

To play devils advocate, I feel like I can see some definite AVE influence in his skating.

nwgrandpapa

• Rep: -1
  • My friend Mike is on here
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2020, 11:07:07 PM »
lmao. it’s true tho.

momo sad emojis

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2020, 01:45:15 AM »

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2020, 03:40:07 AM »
lmao. it’s true tho.

momo sad emojis

I mean...he's not wrong. Would have been nice to see them stay but I get it...you definitely want to skate with your friends.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2020, 04:04:05 AM »
I’m surprised they haven’t snagged Kader yet.

Secomprancolchones

• Rep: 0
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2020, 05:05:55 AM »
They’re all friends...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2020, 05:18:44 AM »
I’m surprised they haven’t snagged Kader yet.
And Rowan.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2020, 07:09:48 AM »
the allegiance to Reynolds is far stronger , probably he can pay them as well as FA can , but i guess 917 couldnt cut that check

One or the other wouldve been less of a blow, but both is harsh
Didnt Alex kinda bring Nik Stain back out of east coast obscurity?? He wasnt even skating that much beforehand 

AO kinda fucked up not turning him pro earlier, he shouldve gone pro after that 2nd video
two times

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2020, 08:00:36 AM »
Ex-NY California transplant self-loving asshole steals riders from NY based California transplant self-loving asshole.

Green tea up the ass aside, I like Olson's brand and idea a lot more tho.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Tyson

• Rep: 1
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2020, 08:52:40 AM »
AO is the bitter ex

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2020, 10:49:39 AM »
Expand Quote
how does that make it sound like 917 is out of business?  the company 'parted ways' with itself?

it is poorly written but not confusing
[close]

def makes it look like they are shutting down.

How so? I definitely didn’t get that at all.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »
If Alex couldn't give enough a shit to get out of his yoga van and film a few tricks for their latest vid, why should we give a shit that people are stealing riders from him?

When riders see the big name/owner not working hard to push the brand and its all on their shoulders, an offer from a big established "cool" brand looks tempting and I don't blame them.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:50:13 AM by camel filters »

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2020, 11:55:24 AM »
If Alex couldn't give enough a shit to get out of his yoga van and film a few tricks for their latest vid, why should we give a shit that people are stealing riders from him?

When riders see the big name/owner not working hard to push the brand and its all on their shoulders, an offer from a big established "cool" brand looks tempting and I don't blame them.
very much this

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2020, 12:03:48 PM »

Unlike Dill, who is constantly out there filming new tricks for FA videos.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -4
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »
It’s a small window, why not take the best opportunity that’s out there for you. As long as it doesn’t suck.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thought this exactly. Yeah, Dill was doing the flat ground shit on IG in the FA warehouse but the same basic complaint can still be made.

At least AVE is still out there killing it.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2020, 12:47:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thought this exactly. Yeah, Dill was doing the flat ground shit on IG in the FA warehouse but the same basic complaint can still be made.

Please compare their outputs through their entire career. Also note Alex is still is not even 35 yet. Also Dill is on podcasts, videos, in person at their store, at fucking colleges,  promoting the shit out of the company. Alex on the other hand...

Alex can be as low key as he likes. It's his company. But don't be bitter cause a popular brand is doing more.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:49:42 PM by camel filters »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • Free Max B
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2020, 12:55:34 PM »
alkaline vegan green tea enema bullshit vs an actual paycheck from the only brand kids actually care about in 2020.

hard choice

free max b
FREE MAX B

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
the allegiance to Reynolds is far stronger , probably he can pay them as well as FA can , but i guess 917 couldnt cut that check

One or the other wouldve been less of a blow, but both is harsh
Didnt Alex kinda bring Nik Stain back out of east coast obscurity?? He wasnt even skating that much beforehand 

AO kinda fucked up not turning him pro earlier, he shouldve gone pro after that 2nd video
Johnny Wilson brought Nick Stain out of east-coast obscurity. A lot of 917 were people who were with the "Most Productive Crew" such as Cyrus, Max and Nik. Or people Logan Lara knew. To be honest, those two guys were more the talent scouts for 917 than Alex.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Dill is well into his forties and very hands on with every other aspect of the brand. And not that they were anything special, but he has had clips in FA and Supreme videos. It looks like AO is just totally absent from his own brand.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Please compare their outputs through their entire career. Also note Alex is still is not even 35 yet. Also Dill is on podcasts, videos, in person at their store, at fucking colleges,  promoting the shit out of the company. Alex on the other hand...

Alex can be as low key as he likes. It's his company. But don't be bitter cause a popular brand is doing more.

also compare brand performance of fa and 917. fa is gottta be top 5 sellers right now if not higher. 917 is just some vanity boutique project for a lazy as been that never amounted to half his potential.

dill can coast cause his brand is doing numbers which is clear from the fact that these guys went there for a better opportunity.

rocco didn't skate anymore but his companies outsold everyone so nobody cared.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2020, 03:10:50 PM »
Fair points. You’re right it’s not fair to compare them at just this moment in time even if I don’t think their current output is drastically different. Dill is doing much more the classic fade into the background move of a company owner versus AO (who I agree should definitely put out more footage and do more for 917).

But while Dill putting himself out there and talking to Nine Club and colleges and whatever helps get FA and Hockey some attention, let’s not pretend that’s his only reason for going out. He’s doing that shit because he loves talking about himself and being the center of attention as much as possible.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2020, 04:03:49 PM »
Fair points. You’re right it’s not fair to compare them at just this moment in time even if I don’t think their current output is drastically different. Dill is doing much more the classic fade into the background move of a company owner versus AO (who I agree should definitely put out more footage and do more for 917).

But while Dill putting himself out there and talking to Nine Club and colleges and whatever helps get FA and Hockey some attention, let’s not pretend that’s his only reason for going out. He’s doing that shit because he loves talking about himself and being the center of attention as much as possible.
dill's a narcissist for sure but that's a feature, not a bug.

most actors, ceos etc are just naturally that way.. it's not even like they cultivate it or got good at anything. but when properly weaponized (and dill is doing it properly in at least a kind of interestingly new, if not totally unannoying way) it's very effective.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
FA has been around as a brand for a long time.   Isn’t it partially run by the guy who’s married to the Australian chick from the 1st Transformers movie?

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
FA has been around as a brand for a long time.   Isn’t it partially run by the guy who’s married to the Australian chick from the 1st Transformers movie?

Mike Piscitelli. Don't know about 'run' but he has co-ownership with Dill & AVE.

Didn't know he was married to Rachael Taylor though, good for him.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2020, 01:18:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike Piscitelli. Don't know about 'run' but he has co-ownership with Dill & AVE.

Pretty sure there is Supreme cash in there too.

AO is letting the skaters/team on 917 shine. It's not about him.

That said I would like to see some more footage of him skating.
He rips.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2020, 01:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that it.  Nothing on it on IG in a while, so who knows lately

He’s got a perfect Dill Stylin on You picture on his website too.