Author Topic: Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain  (Read 23634 times)

SHARPSHOOTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »
Don’t know why anyone is defending this . 917 and Bianca Chandon are largely uninspired. He had a few years to make it something legit. Instead he made sweaters that just said Lover. It’s starting to show that a lot of these “artsy” guys let LA get to their heads and think they’re a creative. Jerry Hsu and Sci Fi Fantasy are another example .

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2020, 12:21:43 PM »
where is the proof that they're jumping ship? i didnt see the thread last night

Touz is riding Dylan's tribute board on Strobeck's insta story. I know that's not definitive proof but it seems like the boy's on FA.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »
Don’t know why anyone is defending this . 917 and Bianca Chandon are largely uninspired. He had a few years to make it something legit. Instead he made sweaters that just said Lover. It’s starting to show that a lot of these “artsy” guys let LA get to their heads and think they’re a creative. Jerry Hsu and Sci Fi Fantasy are another example .
Nah they're fine, chill guy don't be a hater. Their video shows that they are a tight crew and get along, that's the best vibe you can get from a skate video and team. About the graphics, they just don't give a fuck and that's what's cool about them. If you don't get this you're tripping.

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2020, 01:31:03 PM »
cyrus and aaron loreth have stussy parts dropping next week

This is really great news Aaron is really an unsung hero, also Vincent to me is kinda Meh good skater but doesn't add to 917's vibe IMO but Nik Stain would be a real loss. 

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2020, 07:22:05 PM »

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2020, 07:49:49 PM »
that could be any deck

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2020, 11:29:21 PM »
that's just an old Heath-graphic.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2020, 08:00:49 AM »
Expand Quote
cyrus and aaron loreth have stussy parts dropping next week
[close]

This is really great news Aaron is really an unsung hero, also Vincent to me is kinda Meh good skater but doesn't add to 917's vibe IMO but Nik Stain would be a real loss.

Aaron is great, I've watched his part more than any other on 917.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2210
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
that's just an old Heath-graphic.

Vincent Touzery & Nik Stain of 917, ON an old Heath graphic: CONFIRMED!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Little Debbie

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2020, 10:06:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah they're fine, chill guy don't be a hater. Their video shows that they are a tight crew and get along, that's the best vibe you can get from a skate video and team. About the graphics, they just don't give a fuck and that's what's cool about them. If you don't get this you're tripping.
i love how random they are. the basketball/soccer ball series, the craigslist ads, the 60's recipes.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2020, 12:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i love how random they are. the basketball/soccer ball series, the craigslist ads, the 60's recipes.

I loved the basketball and soccer boards cause of how mad all the bowl dads got over it "skateboarding isnt a sport!!!"
that was a good time in skateboard history

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
got both of these boards as soon as they came out. The recent stuff they out out has seemed a little less inspired but i still fuck with the aesthetic
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

thebacker

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »
they should remake the shaped boards they came out with mad long ago

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2020, 01:55:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Isn't a lot of 917 just an extension of the Most Productive Crew (Cyrus, Max, etc).

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »

I get your perspective and in general I agree but I did cop Touzery's last Leatherette deck for my collection. I think there's some cool stuff in there tho among what generally feels like (to me) generic/bland design. Sci-fi Fantasy I don't get and really want to because I have a solid collection of old pulp sci fi books and that name is right up my alley but it just feels too try hard and desperate to be cool. I followed them for a while and it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
nik stain skating a hockey deck in his insta story :^/

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -92
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2020, 01:22:14 PM »
If 917 didn’t collapse then this just seems so lame. If they did collapse I hope Max Palmer and Austyn Start a company together, or both end up on welcome, either way this conglomeration of every modern style skater on FA/Hockey is getting fairly boring. Thank god Rowan is still on Baker.

Cool with this outlook, with the exception of Max and Austyn on Welcome. That would be fucking wack, I am cool with the art direction there and the gimmicky shapes but the riders they have should be separate from a lot of skaters

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »
Why would Max and Austyn start a company together?? Are they even friends

also who said 917 collapsed they seem to be doing just fine

I could see Nik going over to turn pro quicker? Confused why Vincent would leave besides more $$$ , stop poaching Dill

two times

euro tm

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2020, 10:45:58 PM »
this whole crew has been hopping around the same 5 companies for a while i don’t know why anyone’s surprised.

Tabletop

• Rep: -71
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2020, 11:56:15 PM »
Why would Max and Austyn start a company together?? Are they even friends

also who said 917 collapsed they seem to be doing just fine

I could see Nik going over to turn pro quicker? Confused why Vincent would leave besides more $$$ , stop poaching Dill

Dill thinks he’s Rocco.

As someone said before, the bigger these companies get the closer they are to collapse.

Hope AO films some more.

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »
This bums me out for so many reasons, most importantly, because Vincent is my favorite new pro, and 917 was my favorite brand at the moment. Besides having a stacked roster talent-wise, they are one of the few teams where all the guys are true  friends, skate together daily, and resemble a real crew. Girl/Choc was my favorite team for 20 years, for a lot of the same reasons, but I’ve left OG Crail in the past, and I’m moving on.

I’m not looking for an argument as to why I’m wrong, or why you think 917 is blowing it. This is just my opinion, and I dig everything about the brand. 

Nik is such a rad skater and I’m sure a deck is in the works over at Hockey. I expect these vacancies will free up some cash over at 917, and Hugo will get the bump as well. Hopefully, 917 will finally give Nolan the shine he’s due as well.

Finally, Vincent is way to good for FA. He doesn’t fit their aesthetic at all, but it’s rad that he’s now teammates with his childhood skate friend,K-Rod

morningcommute

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2020, 12:59:18 AM »
this whole crew has been hopping around the same 5 companies for a while i don’t know why anyone’s surprised.

Polar, fa, 917. What are the remaining companies?

NauseousPimp1983

• Rep: -4
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2020, 01:14:15 AM »
Did no one else notice euro tm's powerful new post that cryus is on baker in the other stussy video thread

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2020, 01:24:53 AM »
I expect these vacancies will free up some cash over at 917

your expectations are wrong this is the opposite of how it works. Vincent had to have been their best selling board/biggest draw. they have less money now the Vincent money goes to FA.

he was cute on 917 but it was a major league player on what is at best a triple A team. was bound to happen sooner than later

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2020, 01:26:04 AM »
This bums me out for so many reasons, most importantly, because Vincent is my favorite new pro, and 917 was my favorite brand at the moment. Besides having a stacked roster talent-wise, they are one of the few teams where all the guys are true  friends, skate together daily, and resemble a real crew. Girl/Choc was my favorite team for 20 years, for a lot of the same reasons, but I’ve left OG Crail in the past, and I’m moving on.

I’m not looking for an argument as to why I’m wrong, or why you think 917 is blowing it. This is just my opinion, and I dig everything about the brand. 

Nik is such a rad skater and I’m sure a deck is in the works over at Hockey. I expect these vacancies will free up some cash over at 917, and Hugo will get the bump as well. Hopefully, 917 will finally give Nolan the shine he’s due as well.

Finally, Vincent is way to good for FA. He doesn’t fit their aesthetic at all, but it’s rad that he’s now teammates with his childhood skate friend,K-Rod

I doubt it. I doubt Nik was getting paid, and they can't afford to make enough boards for someone like Vincent to earn decent royalties. They'll probably earn a base + royalties over at the FA camp. We're not going to see anything really change, they'll all still skate together.

Also to those saying FA will collapse, no chance.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2020, 01:50:05 AM »
Did no one else notice euro tm's powerful new post that cryus is on baker in the other stussy video thread

actually no, but yeah, he was riding a baker board? can someone check out if he already follows baker and/ or reynolds on the gram? that would solidify it.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2020, 01:57:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

actually no, but yeah, he was riding a baker board? can someone check out if he already follows baker and/ or reynolds on the gram? that would solidify it.

He's skating one board in the new Stussy video. Means nothing at all.

NauseousPimp1983

• Rep: -4
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2020, 02:02:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He's skating one board in the new Stussy video. Means nothing at all.

I guess euro tm's prophetic reputation means nothing to you, huh, skippy

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2020, 02:13:02 AM »
I’d be good If its only purpose was to keep all those NYC dudes living, traveling, and skating together, with Loreth/Attenborough/Clark, and Johnny Wilson and Logan Filming.

switchmongojazzpush

• Rep: -2
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2020, 02:19:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Polar, fa, 917. What are the remaining companies?

Possibly Frog and Alltimers?