Author Topic: Last purchase you were happy with?  (Read 7581 times)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • the moon rules
Re: Last purchase you were happy with?
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2020, 04:40:34 PM »
^the boards on the aws site don’t even say it’s double nose so who can you even trust anymore
Took it straight to AWS and asked instead of guessing. Both the 8.0 and the 8.25 are double noses

Also fully backing the Legacy 98 Slims. This might be the sixth post I’ve made saying so. 10/10 would recommend

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:42:33 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »
spitfire 58 classics

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »
Like 100% happy.

My first set of formula 4s 2016. I was coming off shit like 80hd etc. 12 years of soft wheels.

F4 101a full time now. I wish they burned slower though
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2020, 08:58:25 PM »
Like 100% happy.

My first set of formula 4s 2016. I was coming off shit like 80hd etc. 12 years of soft wheels.

How do you like 101 F4's compared to 101 bones stfs, if you've been able to skate both.

Taint Paint

« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2020, 08:10:30 AM »
I just pulled the trigger on the 8.25 AWS double nose, also scooped some F4 tablet 101’s. I’m coming off of riding some bones stf 101’s so I could give you a comparison after a little while as well.

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2020, 08:15:20 AM »
Emerica Reynold's G6

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Like 100% happy.

[close]

How do you like 101 F4's compared to 101 bones stfs, if you've been able to skate both.

I haven't gotten to ride a bones formula full time since Dtf though I've gotten to try others set ups.

I had two sets. Ditch tech was sick.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2020, 02:58:23 AM »
Expand Quote
^the boards on the aws site don’t even say it’s double nose so who can you even trust anymore
[close]
Took it straight to AWS and asked instead of guessing. Both the 8.0 and the 8.25 are double noses

Also fully backing the Legacy 98 Slims. This might be the sixth post I’ve made saying so. 10/10 would recommend

This is wack. On an 8.25 Franky Spears now and its full but not twin nose. Which boards are the twin nose? I love the shape im on now, just dont want to get confused and get a frankenstein twin nose next...

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2020, 03:59:06 AM »
Volcom Gritter VSM pants

sadnocomply

• Rep: 137
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2020, 11:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is wack. On an 8.25 Franky Spears now and its full but not twin nose. Which boards are the twin nose? I love the shape im on now, just dont want to get confused and get a frankenstein twin nose next...
The star nut man deck is double nose. The spears models are not.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »
I don't know what took me so long but bones medium bushings. They're so good. I always just rode the bushings that came with trucks and then just obliterated them and kept skating bushings that I could eventually take off with my fingers because they were so broken.

Also gt blazer lows. I've been skating pair after pair lately and they feel so good.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2020, 02:16:58 PM »
I don't know what took me so long but bones medium bushings. They're so good. I always just rode the bushings that came with trucks and then just obliterated them and kept skating bushings that I could eventually take off with my fingers because they were so broken.

Also gt blazer lows. I've been skating pair after pair lately and they feel so good.

Enjoy while they last, because they get smashed down pretty quick and might possibly be the least durable bushings around.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2020, 04:27:24 PM »
vans paradoxxx, fucking tanks. been skating them for over 3 months now. i always use shoe goo for skate shoes so i can't really say if the suede is all that good but i didn't break through the canvas on the inside with my big toe for the first time in ages, shit's really sturdy, even after i finally got a small hole on the toebox from doing kickflips i still was able to put some of the goo on there and they're probably going to last for another month. they took a bit to break in, but after i got used to them they started feeling great, probably the best cupsole offering from vans atm, especially if you like more traditional bulky cupsoles. i didn't skate in the mid 90s but i believe that these might feel similar to some shoes from back then, i actually bought them because i thought they looked like something that you would see on ricky oyolas feet in underachievers  ;D ;D
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »
vans paradoxxx, fucking tanks. been skating them for over 3 months now. i always use shoe goo for skate shoes so i can't really say if the suede is all that good but i didn't break through the canvas on the inside with my big toe for the first time in ages, shit's really sturdy, even after i finally got a small hole on the toebox from doing kickflips i still was able to put some of the goo on there and they're probably going to last for another month. they took a bit to break in, but after i got used to them they started feeling great, probably the best cupsole offering from vans atm, especially if you like more traditional bulky cupsoles. i didn't skate in the mid 90s but i believe that these might feel similar to some shoes from back then, i actually bought them because i thought they looked like something that you would see on ricky oyolas feet in underachievers  ;D ;D

Those look sick. TBH they're a lot better looking than most of the mid-90s, aside from a few.

Joe Davola

• Rep: 60
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2020, 05:29:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Enjoy while they last, because they get smashed down pretty quick and might possibly be the least durable bushings around.
I’ve been running the same sets for years.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2020, 05:31:36 PM »
Y’all still use washers with your Bones Bushings? I’ve got the top one on my soft ones and they’re performing great.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2020, 05:45:36 PM »
Loving the balls off my Tired / PS Stix deck

Joe Davola

• Rep: 60
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2020, 06:28:42 PM »
Y’all still use washers with your Bones Bushings? I’ve got the top one on my soft ones and they’re performing great.
Yeah. Just the top washer.

jimgrude

• Rep: 67
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This was the state of mine after a month. And yes, I ran them loose.
Seriously the worst quality bushings I've ever come across. they are extremely sensitive to temperature. In hot weather, they completely melt and offer zero rebound. Then the next day they're completely squished out but rock hard because it's slightly cooler outside. Then they just proceed to rip themselves apart. Completely useless pieces of shit.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:04:19 PM by jimgrude »

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2020, 08:25:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Seriously the worst quality bushings I've ever come across. they are extremely sensitive to temperature. In hot weather, they completely melt and offer zero rebound. Then the next day they're completely squished out but rock hard because it's slightly cooler outside. Then they just proceed to rip themselves apart. Completely useless pieces of shit.

Jesus, you should send an email to Skate One. Maybe they'll give you some sort of compensation.

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2020, 11:59:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Nah you just fat yo :)

Just kidding bro. I had the same problem, busted the mediums way WAY to quick, just get the hards. I'm to the point where i mix hard bottom/top, shit cant remember which way around mine are, but they actually last now.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2020, 01:21:40 AM »
I go everwhere by bike and this is by far the best purchase i made in recent years.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2020, 02:37:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Jesus, you should send an email to Skate One. Maybe they'll give you some sort of compensation.

Yeah this looks insane. I’ve been running mine for a while and they’re kind of loud but working great. I’ve been skating them for a couple months and they feel good. I feel like you just got faulty bushings. I’ll edit with a picture of how mine look when I get a chance.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »
I'm unapologetically skating in the Nyjah nikes. I don't even care. I have never ever ever found a shoe that fits me as well as these. The size 13's fit like 12.5 and they hold up stupid well. Like no holes after weeks of light skating and I practice flip tricks quite a lot. I've taken to ripping off his name from the tongue but fuck it. These shoes are too good for me to even care about who gets the money for them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:53:26 AM by drewsmahgoos »

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2020, 10:08:32 AM »
I'm unapologetically skating in the Nyjah nikes. I don't even care. I have never ever ever found a shoe that fits me as well as these. The size 13's fit like 12.5 and they hold up stupid well. Like no holes after weeks of light skating and I practice flip tricks quite a lot. I've taken to ripping off his name from the tongue but fuck it. These shoes are too good for me to even care about who gets the money for them.

nice.  ive wanted to skate a pair of these but cant find a decent colorway on sale ever. 

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nice.  ive wanted to skate a pair of these but cant find a decent colorway on sale ever.

Yeah, some of the colorways are total garbage. I've been lucky to be able to grab a couple decent pairs. Sure nyjah is lame as fuck but seriously, the shoes are fucking solid. I have actually bought multiple pairs in case they stop making them.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, some of the colorways are total garbage. I've been lucky to be able to grab a couple decent pairs. Sure nyjah is lame as fuck but seriously, the shoes are fucking solid. I have actually bought multiple pairs in case they stop making them.
he's fucked, that last IG post at hollywood high. the sole lasts too?

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
he's fucked, that last IG post at hollywood high. the sole lasts too?

Yes they do. The only thing is, if the shoes get wet, they'll crack if you put it near heat. Kind of weird but not unexpected given the material. Even then, with the cracks, the shoe still holds up really well. Seriously, the only shitty thing about these shoes is the pro whose name is on the shoe. Honestly have never been so happy with a sneaker in my life. I have four pairs right now. Straight up my girl buys them for me periodically because I like them so much.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2020, 03:23:20 PM »
I love these shoes

I've never been a DC kind of guy but these Kalis S are freaking sick.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2020, 03:44:13 AM »
Couple pics of my latest haul of DOA stuff. The white Tech and brown Ben Havran boards are e mold (flat as fuck) and the black Chambers deck is standard concave. All 8.25, and the Tech deck must have been a bottom stack because it's super mellow even for a flat, so I'm hyped to try it but my "Strings" flat from the last release still has a ton of life left so I'm going to hold off for a while.