Author Topic: WWE vs. AEW  (Read 4715 times)

SHAQUEEFA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
WWE vs. AEW
« on: March 03, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »
Anybody else watching? I'm really feeling what AEW has going on. WWE still has some decent stuff, but I haven't made it through a full episode of RAW in months. The first hour last night was real solid, but quickly went downhill. I was busy on Saturday, but the AEW PPV looked sick as fuck. Any pals going to be in Tampa for WrestleMania?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: WWE vs. AEW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 03:54:14 PM »
I watch both. I went to NXT Takeover Portland last month. It was super fun.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:29:42 PM »
I don't watch wrestling, but AEW has Jenn Sterger, so that makes it better.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 07:38:36 PM »
I watch WWE religiously, keep up with AEW through Whatculture/Cultaholic. I like what AEW is doing, and I like that there's finally an alternative since TNA wet the bed years ago.

I know this is gonna sound ridiculous but I think Fiend/Cena is the right call vs Fiend/Roman. They shouldnt have given him the title yet anyway, and the backlash is from them not thinking things through yet again

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 08:25:30 PM »
NWA....

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 08:14:46 AM »
Totally agree with how they booked The Fiend. Vince just can't let something grow organically. He knew the Fiend was hot, and blew his load three strokes in. Force fed him the title which he didn't need to make his character work, and lost all momentum against a part timer. That match was a joke. Goldberg went for the Jackhammer and ended up with a weak ass suplex.

Fiend v. Cena will be decent just because they have history and Bray likes to reference old shit in his promos. The promo he cut on Hogan was awesome. But they should have had the Fiend attack Cena instead of showing up and pointing at the fucking WrestleMania sign.

Orange Cassidy is a fuckin G.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »
I'm not watching closely, but I like AEW.  I don't know how anyone can sit through 3 hours of RAW.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 02:40:05 PM »
Dont watch either consistently, but I back AEW when I'm in a pro wrestling mood.

Frontsaladbowl

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 06:02:35 AM »
Anyone watch AEW last night? Darby Allin is the absolute shit badass son of a gun

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 06:22:25 AM »
Anyone watch AEW last night? Darby Allin is the absolute shit badass son of a gun

YES!!!!! He is in that gray area where wins and losses don't really matter for him. He is over as fuck and looked better in that loss than any other win he has had on the show. His match vs. Jericho where he got handcuffed was badass as well. His losses are still wins because he is that fucking good.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 05:47:45 AM »
FUCK! WWE just announced that Wrestlemania will happen in a sound studio with no audience. RAW and Smackdown have been super awkward. I appreciate the effort, but this is fucking Wrestlemania. But on the other hand, they just can't suspend all Wrestlemania storylines until they can be in front of an audience again. This was going to be my first time attending since I live in Tampa, had tickets to a few indie shows through the week. All cancelled. FUCK!

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 10:44:13 AM »
FUCK! WWE just announced that Wrestlemania will happen in a sound studio with no audience. RAW and Smackdown have been super awkward. I appreciate the effort, but this is fucking Wrestlemania. But on the other hand, they just can't suspend all Wrestlemania storylines until they can be in front of an audience again. This was going to be my first time attending since I live in Tampa, had tickets to a few indie shows through the week. All cancelled. FUCK!
AWKWARD ? Yes! Good tv? Absolutely. Am I enjoying triple h commentary? Surprisingly fuck yeah! Also raw was hilariously. Asuka doing commentary for the Andrade match, is fukn gold.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 12:09:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
AWKWARD ? Yes! Good tv? Absolutely. Am I enjoying triple h commentary? Surprisingly fuck yeah! Also raw was hilariously. Asuka doing commentary for the Andrade match, is fukn gold.

Yeah, Triple H was great, they should have had him on RAW. I fell asleep towards the end there, so I missed Asuka on Commentary. I'm just super bummed, but trying to remember people are dying from this and we need to stop it to make sure there is Wrestlemania next year. Also, this was going to be a huge week for local economy and a lot of my friends in the service industry.

It is just a terrible situation all around.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »
That side of it fukn blows. Shit is no joke

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 07:34:50 AM »
Dude, Dynamite fucking killed it last night. Used the empty arena the best they could, which was wayyyyy better than what WWE has done. Having the wrestlers be the audience worked pretty well with the little side gimmicks going on. MJF and Spears gambling on the matches, the Colt Cabana interview, Jake the Snake chilling. And of course, the reveal of The Exalted One and Matt Hardy! I didn't watch one second of NXT, but I heard they just played reruns of old matches.

AEW did a great job of keeping the storylines going and showcasing everyone possible in the 2 hours.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 11:47:08 AM »
Holy shit that promo that Jake cut was so powerful , it’s amazing how much that guy can run his lip! And still be more impactful than any Wwe current promo style. The fatal four way women’s match was so good as well. Penelope vs Riho is gonna be good. And Matt Hardy’s debut was very good. It’s crazy to think the Hardy’s both came back to empty arenas in front of no one.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 06:01:34 AM »
Did you listen to the Jericho podcast with Jake the Snake? Real good shit. He is an amazing storyteller and I always liked him because at the time all the wrestlers promos were super over the top yelling and shit and he could cut a promo with his fuckin eyes man. So soft spoken and so powerful at the same time.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 01:16:43 AM »
This is good. So fucked.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 07:57:45 AM »
I'm watching the whole thing tomorrow!

Can't wait!

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »
This is good. So fucked.

Yo I seen the preview on Vice gonna check it out tmrw. Watched a few of the episodes, Randy Savage and the Montreal screwjob episodes.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
This is good. So fucked.

[close]

Yo I seen the preview on Vice gonna check it out tmrw. Watched a few of the episodes, Randy Savage and the Montreal screwjob episodes.

I highly recommend watching the rest of the first season. The episode on the Von Erich family was amazing, as well as Bruiser Brody. Fabulous Moolah was pretty good and Gino Hernandez didn't do much for me because I had never heard of him. The new season should be really sick, with Benoit, Owen Hart, and Dino Bravo.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 12:56:03 PM »
Chavos experiences were overlooked. Dude goes through it I’m sure. Such a damn good era.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is good. So fucked.

[close]

[close]

I highly recommend watching the rest of the first season. The episode on the Von Erich family was amazing, as well as Bruiser Brody. Fabulous Moolah was pretty good and Gino Hernandez didn't do much for me because I had never heard of him. The new season should be really sick, with Benoit, Owen Hart, and Dino Bravo.

I have all the episodes you mentioned on demand. The Von Erich and Bruiser Brody sounds good. I think I had Fabulous Moolah on the background after watching those other episodes and it seemed like they had some wild girl shit going on lol

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 01:24:51 PM »
Anybody watch AEW last night??? Lance Archer vs. Marko Stunt was awesome! Darby Allin heel turn? Or a lone wolf that no one fucks with..........

They are destroying WWE in regards to how they are presenting their product to an empty arena. AEW is taking the time to build characters with promos and vignettes and having them ringside to watch the other matches to see if that gets a spark in the ring.

WWE is replaying old matches from previous years Wrestlemanias. Undertaker cut a world class promo on Monday, but everything else was meh, and thats the show before Wrestlemania. This weekend is going to be real disappointing, because I live in Tampa and had real good seats. My birthday is Saturday, Mania is Sunday, and I had tickets to other smaller shows that were supposed to be happening this week. Bummer.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 09:36:01 AM »
Anybody watch AEW last night??? Lance Archer vs. Marko Stunt was awesome! Darby Allin heel turn? Or a lone wolf that no one fucks with..........

They are destroying WWE in regards to how they are presenting their product to an empty arena. AEW is taking the time to build characters with promos and vignettes and having them ringside to watch the other matches to see if that gets a spark in the ring.

WWE is replaying old matches from previous years Wrestlemanias. Undertaker cut a world class promo on Monday, but everything else was meh, and thats the show before Wrestlemania. This weekend is going to be real disappointing, because I live in Tampa and had real good seats. My birthday is Saturday, Mania is Sunday, and I had tickets to other smaller shows that were supposed to be happening this week. Bummer.
darby Allin turning heel will give him an opening for a lot of possibilities that I can’t even foresee. Marko took some bumps but was super entertaining to see what lance can do.
Takers promo was the best I’ve seen in forever. The shit he says is so good. I can see we getting better with the promos but I’m not intrigued enough to sit and watch raw for 3 hours. And the replaying of old ppvs is good and bad. At first they should recent ppvs now they’re showing old ones. I’m in for the ride of course. Idc I’m getting wrestlemAnia this weekend. Ima a Mark

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 06:40:52 PM »
Watching Wrestlemania without the crowd is odd but alright.  I'm kinda half paying attention at work.

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »
I really enjoyed the undertakers hunger games match or whatever the hell that was.

Sike. *tk voice

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »
With the circumstances, WrestleMania delivered. Bummed Seth lost, I felt like it wasn't the right call but the match itself was solid. Also the Ladder match was probably match of the night, the hurricana Kofi did, and the SpanishFly were dope.

Ready to see what the Funhouse match has after the way they did the Boneyard Match it makes me feel like WWE should really do more cinematic matches like them.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2020, 07:49:40 AM »
I started watching WWE again 5 years ago, but got more into the 'smart' side of it than actually just watching the product. By the end was questioning whether I actually wrestling or was just kidding myself. As soon as AEW started I've never looked back. They satisfy all the major frustrations with watching WWE, namely not having my intelligence insulted and actually being rewarded for investing in storylines. I think they have just the right amount of variety without being too 'sports entertainy'. And they're making stars so quickly already. Looking forward to seeing it grow
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2020, 09:36:25 AM »
The fun house was gold. Anyone talking about the spot that edge and randy Did? Choking him the same way Chris Benoit killed himself. Also glad drew is the champ but not this way.