Author Topic: WWE vs. AEW  (Read 4704 times)

gaunting

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: WWE vs. AEW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »
WrestleMania was great. I used to hate AEW because of their fan base. but ever since they’ve been forced to do empty arena shows, it’s been pretty good. they need to let PAC shine more. lived in Orlando my whole life and never gone to an NXT show, need to change that after this is all over with.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »
PAC just started a faction with the Lucha bro’s. It’ll be sick to see how this pans out.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 27
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »
WrestleMania was great. I used to hate AEW because of their fan base. but ever since they’ve been forced to do empty arena shows, it’s been pretty good. they need to let PAC shine more. lived in Orlando my whole life and never gone to an NXT show, need to change that after this is all over with.

You should. They are in Tampa a lot as well and I never go. I have been to Evolve Wrestling before, they do stuff in Orlando and Tampa and is pretty sick. They share talent with NXT so sometimes there are well known NXT people on the Evolve cards. Adam Cole did a meet n greet and SAntana Garrett wrestled at the last show I went to.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should. They are in Tampa a lot as well and I never go. I have been to Evolve Wrestling before, they do stuff in Orlando and Tampa and is pretty sick. They share talent with NXT so sometimes there are well known NXT people on the Evolve cards. Adam Cole did a meet n greet and SAntana Garrett wrestled at the last show I went to.

yea, it’s weird living around here. about a month ago before all the covid stuff I saw Johnny gargano and his girl just walking around wal mart. 😂 I’ve seen velvetten dream, a bunch of guys just out and about lol. btw is this THE shaqueefa I’m responding to? THE BODY??!?? lol
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 10:15:04 PM »
All the firings today bummed me out so badly. None of them were future WWE champs but Rusev and Zack Ryder deserved better than that, and Drake Maverick crying on Twitter made it so much more real. All this as cost cutting measures (estimated at 4 million monthly) after bribing the governor to deem them as essential.

With Vince part of the committee to restart the economy how are these firings going to look to the country?

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2020, 07:28:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yea, it’s weird living around here. about a month ago before all the covid stuff I saw Johnny gargano and his girl just walking around wal mart. 😂 I’ve seen velvetten dream, a bunch of guys just out and about lol. btw is this THE shaqueefa I’m responding to? THE BODY??!?? lol

It sure is. Hope you are well!

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2020, 07:40:49 AM »
All the firings today bummed me out so badly. None of them were future WWE champs but Rusev and Zack Ryder deserved better than that, and Drake Maverick crying on Twitter made it so much more real. All this as cost cutting measures (estimated at 4 million monthly) after bribing the governor to deem them as essential.

With Vince part of the committee to restart the economy how are these firings going to look to the country?

Not a good look at all.

Honestly, they fired a lot of dead weight that only performed at house shows and on that weekly show on the network where they air the dark matches from raw and smackdown. The only ones that I will truly miss are Rusev and maybe Lio Rush. They treated Gallows and Anderson like trash, they deserve better anyway. Zack Ryder? He had a better run than most, been with the company a long time and hasn't done much lately.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »
Fucking RIP Howard Finkel as well. What a grim few days.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2020, 10:30:07 AM »
Fucking RIP Howard Finkel as well. What a grim few days.

Fuck.

A few years ago one of my friends in New York was killed in a fight at an art show. A few weeks later, P-Stone died. Since then, death has hit me way harder than it had in the past.

Grosso is still eating away at me because the last things he said to me was the first compliments he ever gave me and the company I work for (The Boardr.)

Since then, two local skaters have died and even though I have never met either of them, I can't help but tear up when I think about how those scenes are handling themselves.

5,000 people would show up to Grosso's funeral, and we can't even have one.

Sorry to ramble,

RIP Howard Finkel, the OG voice of my childhood.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2020, 07:27:45 AM »
Calling it right now
Cody v lance archer for the tnt championship

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 12:53:51 PM »
Yeah it has to be, should be good
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »
Cody puts him over, right?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2020, 03:07:10 PM »

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2020, 02:13:36 AM »
Yeah Cody will put lance over for sure. The matches leading to it will be amazing though

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2020, 09:20:02 AM »
What did people think of the MITB ladder match?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2020, 10:41:41 AM »
The MITB match was actually really fun. The whole cinematic thing they've been doing makes things just different enough from their kind of tired gimmick to make the lack of crowd reaction work.

Not a fan of Otis winning, not a fan of Otis at all tbh, but if the rumors of him cashing it in for a tag team title shot are true then I like that route. They've never specified which WWE championship they can cash in for, makes the tag titles feel more important, and shows that Tucker isn't forgotten.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2020, 05:20:12 PM »
The MITB match was actually really fun. The whole cinematic thing they've been doing makes things just different enough from their kind of tired gimmick to make the lack of crowd reaction work.

Not a fan of Otis winning, not a fan of Otis at all tbh, but if the rumors of him cashing it in for a tag team title shot are true then I like that route. They've never specified which WWE championship they can cash in for, makes the tag titles feel more important, and shows that Tucker isn't forgotten.

idk, seeing otis’s fat ass with the universal title would put a smile on my face...😂

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2020, 06:27:24 AM »
They absolutely WILL NOT make Otis a singles champ. He a comedy gimmick. I def would like to see them with the tag titles, but WWE looks like they hate their actual tag teams.

Just throw two random guys together and HEY! You a tag team now. Here's a title shot.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -343
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2020, 09:05:44 PM »
WWE has been so bad for so long. I'm not even sure why I still watch. AEW is tight but I suspect it'll suffer the same fate as TNA.
They absolutely WILL NOT make Otis a singles champ. He a comedy gimmick. I def would like to see them with the tag titles, but WWE looks like they hate their actual tag teams.

Just throw two random guys together and HEY! You a tag team now. Here's a title shot.

If Otis wins the championship, he'll immediately be squashed by Brock or someone.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2020, 09:51:54 PM »
I can’t wait for the day WWE and SNL can grow beyond Vince and Lorne’s grasp. 

I like the spirit of AEW a lot and how they all seem to like each other and get along, but I’m just so comfortable with WWE that it’s tough to forever ditch them.   I got into NXT at the Takeover Andrade took the belt from Drew, so that’s been my main outlet, but I’m starting to grow a little tired with the same batch of guys.   Maybe it’s the new time slot and all that...(also very bummed Takeovers aren’t shown free on Hulu anymore)

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »
The AEW pay per view over the weekend was really good! The stadium stampede match blew it out of the water.

Orange Cassidy is my favorite thing about wrestling right now.

Not sure I agree with having BOTH Brodie Lee and Lance Archer lose. One of them should've won. Why build both those dudes like that to have them both lose.

Archer could have won and kicked off a major feud with Cody as a "down and out, last chance, does he still have it, redemption" angle.

I like Evil Uno better than Brodie Lee as leader of the Dark Order. Brodie could have been a silent enforcer that eventually beats the fuck out of Stu Grayson when he underperforms. And Brodie's ring gear is hideous.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:47 AM »
The only thing I like about wrestling these days are the podcasts. Arn and What Happened When are true gems.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
The AEW pay per view over the weekend was really good! The stadium stampede match blew it out of the water.

Not sure I agree with having BOTH Brodie Lee and Lance Archer lose. One of them should've won. Why build both those dudes like that to have them both lose.

Archer could have won and kicked off a major feud with Cody as a "down and out, last chance, does he still have it, redemption" angle.

I like Evil Uno better than Brodie Lee as leader of the Dark Order. Brodie could have been a silent enforcer that eventually beats the fuck out of Stu Grayson when he underperforms. And Brodie's ring gear is hideous.
The ppv was awesome. The most gratifying would be taking the belt away from nyah

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The ppv was awesome. The most gratifying would be taking the belt away from nyah

We need a Nyjah Rose photoshop stat

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2020, 11:40:27 PM »
WWE when they had sable, trish status torrie wilson and stacey kiebler was bomb.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2020, 11:44:28 PM »
The fun house was gold. Anyone talking about the spot that edge and randy Did? Choking him the same way Chris Benoit killed himself. Also glad drew is the champ but not this way.
What's al this then??

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2020, 05:31:49 AM »
Edge choked Randy by hanging him off some gym equipment, the same thing Benoit used to hang himself. Pretty big oversight seeing as the match was recorded a week in advance. AEW made a similar mistake by leaving a drowning spot in the Stampede match the day after Shad Gaspard drowned at sea. The correlation wasn't as strong there though

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2020, 02:26:10 PM »
Edge choked Randy by hanging him off some gym equipment, the same thing Benoit used to hang himself. Pretty big oversight seeing as the match was recorded a week in advance. AEW made a similar mistake by leaving a drowning spot in the Stampede match the day after Shad Gaspard drowned at sea. The correlation wasn't as strong there though
I found it late last night and was reading about it. Supposedly all the Wrestlemania matches were kept tight lipped but considering the Darkside of The Ring episode aired like a week or two before that's pretty fucking stupid. They could have just cut around it.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2020, 10:31:47 PM »
So what's everyone think of the Jeff Hardy drunk driving storyline?

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2020, 05:38:40 AM »
So what's everyone think of the Jeff Hardy drunk driving storyline?

hilarious.