Author Topic: WWE vs. AEW  (Read 4702 times)

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
Re: WWE vs. AEW
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2021, 09:07:43 AM »
Anybody watch Shaq wrestle last night?

Check out 3:40 to see Cody Rhodes take him through a table!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYih440wNUE
Was actually surprised at how solid he was. He's always been kind of a ham, but seeing that powerbomb sold me.

How everyone feel about the "Wednesday Night War" being over with Nxt moving to Tuesday?

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2021, 12:20:01 PM »
I only watched wrestling for like a 2- 3 year period in the early-mid nineties, but recently stumbled upon clips from Jim Cornette’s podcast on YouTube. At first I just listened to the clips that pertained to the wrestlers I liked as a kid (who all seemed to have died by the age of 40), but found him entertaining and started listening to clips of him talking about the wrestling business in general. Kinda reminds me of wrestling version of Slap. Super opinionated and whenever they review modern wrestling he basically just roasts them.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 27
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2021, 02:57:59 PM »
OMG Jim Cornette is absolutely the Slap boards of Pro Wrestling.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2021, 03:29:42 PM »
Did you hear about the allegations last year that Jim Cornette grooms wrestlers to have sex with his wife? He went on AT LENGTH about his denial and explanation, but yeah, that dude is WILD.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/jim-cornette-discusses-the-sexual-conduct-allegations-made-671829/

Should I watch AEW? I love NXT but I think Smackdown/Raw is pretty bland. Maybe don't tell me, because I'm not sure I need to dig a deeper hole into this habit.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2021, 02:55:33 AM »
Absolutely. I gave up with WWE as I just couldn't handle how they kept fucking everything up and treating the audience like idiots. AEW is more sports entertainy than NXT but it's all done right. Long term booking, storylines that make sense and don't get dropped out of nowhere, wrestlers being used properly, the comedy is actually funny, plus it's got some of the best wrestling in the world. I'd fully recommend it especially as NXT is moving to Tuesdays. There's plenty of faces you'll recognise so it should be easy enough to get in to, and the rest of the roster are amazing too.

There's a PPV on Sunday night, might be a good time to start
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2021, 06:43:28 AM »
Yeah WWE is pretty bad these days, but I hope Lashley has a good run with the belt.

I would definitely recommend AEW.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a pay per view.

I have heard the Cornette allegations and from what I heard it was less grooming and more of a "if you want to make it in this business, you are gonna fuck my fat wife" kinda thing.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »

I think Revolution might be the first time I pay for a PPV other than when I paid the monthly WWE Network fee to get an NXT Takeover (which I didn’t realize until the last one that it used to be free on Hulu like all NXT eps were before they moved to USA).  I’m a sucker for surprise appearances and there are two this time.  I hope they continue to stream their pay per views at movie theaters like they’re trying out this time.  For $20-30 it totally sounds worth it post pandemic

I used to love NXT.  I started at the takeover with McIntyre vs Andrade Almas and was hooked.   By the time it transferred over and Beth Phoenix and then Wade Replaced Nigel and Mauro, it just felt a shell of its former self. 

AEW for its flaws at least feels like a promotion run by good people.  When you hear AEW was the first promotion to ever give Jake the Snake a birthday cake and stuff like that, I’m willing to look past some goofiness because it’s still a young company and they finish storylines well even if sometimes the journey isn’t the greatest. 

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2021, 02:05:07 PM »
Absolutely. I gave up with WWE as I just couldn't handle how they kept fucking everything up and treating the audience like idiots. AEW is more sports entertainy than NXT but it's all done right. Long term booking, storylines that make sense and don't get dropped out of nowhere, wrestlers being used properly, the comedy is actually funny, plus it's got some of the best wrestling in the world. I'd fully recommend it especially as NXT is moving to Tuesdays. There's plenty of faces you'll recognise so it should be easy enough to get in to, and the rest of the roster are amazing too.

There's a PPV on Sunday night, might be a good time to start

pretty much all this. the wrestlers they have at AEW are a good mix of older legends (jericho, dustin runnels, jake the snake..) and newer dudes that are all actually getting used the way they should be. i try to keep up with RAW and AEW but i usually just end up watching the whatculture recaps on youtube. i like orange cassidy. haven't really seen much nxt though. that new jericho book sounds interesting.. https://thescribestore.com/products/the-complete-list-of-jericho-by-chris-jericho
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2021, 07:33:27 AM »
Apart from the final explosion that was a complete dud, I think the rest of that match and the whole PPV was damn good. Sting and Darby's entrance was amazing and that match was pretty good, even though i would have never had the finish to a street fight take place in the ring. PAC and Ray Fenix vs. Young Bucks will be legendary. Women's title match was very good. Christian signing is interesting.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2021, 07:57:52 AM »
Apart from the final explosion that was a complete dud, I think the rest of that match and the whole PPV was damn good. Sting and Darby's entrance was amazing and that match was pretty good, even though i would have never had the finish to a street fight take place in the ring. PAC and Ray Fenix vs. Young Bucks will be legendary. Women's title match was very good. Christian signing is interesting.

damn i forgot sting was back! i’ll check it out, was only able to catch the last match... super sell sunday, some good spots though.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2021, 08:16:36 AM »

That sucked the energy right out of the room I was in. Horrid flat note to end an otherwise thoroughly enjoyable event.
I do hope Jim Ross is doing alright though. His voice was giving out.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »
Newest Being The Elite opens with the Young Bucks opening a big box from Baker Boys Dist.

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2021, 02:36:51 PM »

After months of searching, I scored at the local Walmart. Big OC fan, I was fortunate to get one of his shirts before he jumped from the indies and it got redesigned. I’m no collector, but still have about 50 wrestling figures from throughout the years

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2021, 07:38:51 AM »

SHAQUEEFA

« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2021, 07:26:28 AM »
RIP NEW JACK.

If you haven't checked out his "Dark Side of the Ring" episode or anything from that series, i highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NWLO9s6TY&list=PLdeKIqPxxp4BpGjEZ9fQaFf3YMPQvHrt7&index=5

I was lucky enough to meet him at Wrestlemania and get my figure signed,

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO5r6bQFGAB/

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2021, 08:25:05 AM »
RIP NEW JACK.

If you haven't checked out his "Dark Side of the Ring" episode or anything from that series, i highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NWLO9s6TY&list=PLdeKIqPxxp4BpGjEZ9fQaFf3YMPQvHrt7&index=5

Mass Transit had it coming.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2021, 09:08:17 AM »
New Jack is in hell right now fuckin Mass Transit up.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2021, 09:37:06 AM »
RIP NEW JACK.

was so bummed on this.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2021, 10:17:38 PM »
That New Jack mini-doc was wild
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Uh Oh