Author Topic: Hunt Supply in Nashville leveled by tornado  (Read 1796 times)

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 222
Hunt Supply in Nashville leveled by tornado
« on: March 03, 2020, 04:21:58 PM »
Send some good vibes towards Jason and Nashville. His shop was literally destroyed right down to the foundation last night. It's hard enough being a small shop owner, hopefully he can recover.

@nollienow posted some vid this morning of what's left
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 04:23:29 PM by GumOnMyGrip »

slippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: Hunt Supply in Nashville leveled by tornado
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 04:28:32 PM »
Super sorry to hear that.  My bud out there is lucky to have his house intact but amongst concerns with coronavirus it's feeling pretty apocalyptic there.  Thoughts go out to everyone dealing with the tornado aftermath.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 05:48:18 PM »
Hopefully has good insurance. Should cover this.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »
My condolence.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »
Was out there in December and paid Hunt Supply a visit. Lady behind the counter was a total sweetheart and the place was rad. I hope they can rebuild in time. I stayed in the same neighborhood where most the damage occurred. This years been a shit-show.

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 06:42:02 PM »

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 12:48:14 AM »
Sorry to hear about this
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

biaherl

• Rep: 267
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 09:19:11 AM »
My heart is heavy and my gut is wrenching. It was a hole in the wall in the alley behind a bar. I doubt he had the proper insurance or can afford to pay for insurance after this.

I met Truck (Jason) when he worked at PD in San Diego. Whenever I visited my friends and family in Nashville I would always make sure to go to Hunt and support.

bummed. I hope he and his friends are okay

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 09:38:33 AM »
Praying for those affected in Nashville.

With love from Memphis <3

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »
https://www.gofundme.com/f/hunt-supply-co-official?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Hunt Supply Co. Skateshop needs our help!

March 02, 2020, We found ourselves in the state of emergency as one of the deadliest tornado ripped through Nashville, TN destroying anything ins its path, including Hunt Supply Co.

Around 1:45 A.M. Jason Hunt, also known as Truck, went to pickup a friend whose car was cover by highvoltage powerlines after the storm. As he arrived to the area he began to see all the damage to properties in the area, and decided to check on his skateshop. At the point of arrival, he saw the storm had completely destroyed Hunt Supply Co. Jason then started to dig trough the rubble to salvage all the inventory that he could. Hunt Supply Co was in a contract that did not have renters insurance. When the shop began, Jason invested over $30,000. into the skateshop which included building purposes, electronics, and shelving. Truck also had invested in a great amount of inventory, that totaled nearly $50,000, which was damage by the storm. The majority of the inventory was a collected and can be salvaged.

I, Terence Williams, work at Hunt Supply Co as well as represent the skateshop in skateboard contest. I also helped Jason build the interior before the shop opened. Hunt Supply Co has always been a safe haven not only to myself, but for many others in out community.

Hunt Supply Co. will be hosting contest and more fundraisers to support the cause in the near future. We are in the process of figuring out what the next steps will be as far as reopening Hunt Supply Co. We plan to stay in the same location, but the ultimate decision will be from the property owner. Thank you all for the support.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 10:51:47 AM »
Damn, feel super bad for them. I can't fathom how a retail business wouldn't have renter's insurance. That is beyond standard.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:04 AM »
https://www.gofundme.com/f/hunt-supply-co-official?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Expand Quote
Hunt Supply Co. Skateshop needs our help!

March 02, 2020, We found ourselves in the state of emergency as one of the deadliest tornado ripped through Nashville, TN destroying anything ins its path, including Hunt Supply Co.

Around 1:45 A.M. Jason Hunt, also known as Truck, went to pickup a friend whose car was cover by highvoltage powerlines after the storm. As he arrived to the area he began to see all the damage to properties in the area, and decided to check on his skateshop. At the point of arrival, he saw the storm had completely destroyed Hunt Supply Co. Jason then started to dig trough the rubble to salvage all the inventory that he could. Hunt Supply Co was in a contract that did not have renters insurance. When the shop began, Jason invested over $30,000. into the skateshop which included building purposes, electronics, and shelving. Truck also had invested in a great amount of inventory, that totaled nearly $50,000, which was damage by the storm. The majority of the inventory was a collected and can be salvaged.

I, Terence Williams, work at Hunt Supply Co as well as represent the skateshop in skateboard contest. I also helped Jason build the interior before the shop opened. Hunt Supply Co has always been a safe haven not only to myself, but for many others in out community.

Hunt Supply Co. will be hosting contest and more fundraisers to support the cause in the near future. We are in the process of figuring out what the next steps will be as far as reopening Hunt Supply Co. We plan to stay in the same location, but the ultimate decision will be from the property owner. Thank you all for the support.
[close]

Fuck. No renter's insurance? I'm surprised the building owner didn't require that shit when renting out to a business.

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 11:00:10 AM »
really shitty. Love Nashville, was just there a couple weeks ago. One of my favorite tattoo shops got leveled too.