Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93019 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 587
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:22:48 PM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1261 on: June 09, 2020, 06:45:24 AM »
Thanks for showing me this site!

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/arkansas

It's super interesting. Check the recent increases in Arizona, Arkansas, DC, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1262 on: June 09, 2020, 08:14:35 AM »
push a false narrative then when its' challenged you pivot to belittling the source of the informed opposition

you are employing scientology tactics
The problem is, that you aren't informed. You're just opposition.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1263 on: June 09, 2020, 02:27:28 PM »
Ding ding ding

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #1264 on: June 09, 2020, 04:36:31 PM »
Restaurants are open in orange county.  This includes the Olive Garden.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1265 on: June 09, 2020, 05:14:09 PM »
Sirens all the time and some looting here in SF but want to keep working from home forever so I can keep waking up at 10 and go skating after eating an edible.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1266 on: June 09, 2020, 05:30:32 PM »
Sirens all the time and some looting here in SF but want to keep working from home forever so I can keep waking up at 10 and go skating after eating an edible.
The way life is supposed to be.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:33:12 PM by Seventyfrigginseven »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1267 on: June 10, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A family down the street had 2 kids get the kawasaki like syndrome. They were quarantined in the hospital for a month. Hopefully they're going to be alright.
[close]
smells like bullshit to me
[close]

Give it a rest dude
[close]
"2 kids down the street" from some anonymous messageboard poster allegedly got sick from a "syndrome" that's allegedly (though with no solid evidence) tied to a virus that has been wildly overreacted to.

i'll give it a rest when you guys give it a rest with this fucking bullshit, untill then your bitch ass scare tactic brainwashed nonsense will be met with pushback so it is not accepted as fact by peopel who aren't as stupid as you

Do you need your prostate tickled or something?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #1268 on: June 10, 2020, 10:02:56 PM »

oh FUCK yeah

Breadsticks are happening 2NITE

PENILE_JUDGEMENT

« Reply #1269 on: June 11, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh FUCK yeah

I wish breakfast restaurants would serve free little waffles like that

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1270 on: June 11, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

oh FUCK yeah

[close]

Bottomless basket of waffles? Yes, please.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1271 on: June 11, 2020, 06:49:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

oh FUCK yeah

[close]

[close]

finally something we all can agree on

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1272 on: June 11, 2020, 07:57:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A family down the street had 2 kids get the kawasaki like syndrome. They were quarantined in the hospital for a month. Hopefully they're going to be alright.
[close]
[close]

Give it a rest dude
[close]
"2 kids down the street" from some anonymous messageboard poster allegedly got sick from a "syndrome" that's allegedly (though with no solid evidence) tied to a virus that has been wildly overreacted to.

i'll give it a rest when you guys give it a rest with this fucking bullshit, untill then your bitch ass scare tactic brainwashed nonsense will be met with pushback so it is not accepted as fact by peopel who aren't as stupid as you
[close]

Gipper's not here man.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #1273 on: June 11, 2020, 10:07:13 PM »
Getting gnarly. Major spikes after Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Small community for such big numbers.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1274 on: June 12, 2020, 06:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

oh FUCK yeah

[close]

[close]

[close]
finally something we all can agree on

But you said such hurtful things to me. You can’t use the good syrup.

Ok, that’s mean. You can use the good syrup.

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #1275 on: June 12, 2020, 06:41:13 AM »
Ontario increased it's gathering limit from 5 to 10 people today. Makes no difference to me not one person has tried to contact me through all this would be kinda sad if I thought into it.

My region is still at Stage 1 of reopening but most of the province is at Stage 2 today which means pools, hair salons, and a few other non essential things are opened back up.

I almost feel bad for the people who like going out and socializing in large crowds, they must be feeling relatively insignificant in all of this. Oh well, fuck em.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1276 on: June 12, 2020, 01:51:03 PM »
Ontario increased it's gathering limit from 5 to 10 people today. Makes no difference to me not one person has tried to contact me through all this would be kinda sad if I thought into it.

My region is still at Stage 1 of reopening but most of the province is at Stage 2 today which means pools, hair salons, and a few other non essential things are opened back up.

I almost feel bad for the people who like going out and socializing in large crowds, they must be feeling relatively insignificant in all of this. Oh well, fuck em.

My region still in Stage 1 too, I can deal with waiting another week for Stage 2.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1277 on: June 13, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »

It's super interesting. Check the recent increases in Arizona, Arkansas, DC, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
let's check in 4 days later:

nearly all have leveld off despite focused testing, reopening of hospitals to elective procedures and patients coming in across borders:

also worth noting that in many the case counts are so insanely small that it's ridiculous to use the data (Oregon: ~3% pos, ~100 cases)

we're now over a month since openings and more than 2 weeks since massive and wideseread protests/riots began

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:49:25 PM by Buck Russell »

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1278 on: June 13, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Give it a rest dude
[close]

[close]

[close]
Gipper's not here man.

if it smells like shit, its shit.

i wonder what happened to that dude. i was off the boards for a minute. did he leave in a flaming ball of shit or just trickle away?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: June 13, 2020, 07:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nearly all have leveld off despite focused testing, reopening of hospitals to elective procedures and patients coming in across borders:

also worth noting that in many the case counts are so insanely small that it's ridiculous to use the data (Oregon: ~3% pos, ~100 cases)

we're now over a month since openings and more than 2 weeks since massive and wideseread protests/riots began

Yeah, things are looking pretty good so far. I’m glad to see it. The CDC is reporting a small increase nationally, mostly from the north east, south east, south central, and Pacific Northwest, and people under 18 are still above average, but yeah, otherwise stable at low levels or decreasing in many places.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/pdf/covidview-06-12-2020.pdf
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 07:34:08 PM by JANUS »

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1280 on: June 13, 2020, 08:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, things are looking pretty good so far. I’m glad to see it. The CDC is reporting a small increase nationally, mostly from the north east, south east, south central, and Pacific Northwest, and people under 18 are still above average, but yeah, otherwise stable at low levels or decreasing in many places.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/pdf/covidview-06-12-2020.pdf
what's crazy is that the "spikes" in the news right now seem to be delayed reaction to the slight increases you were posting about earlier in the week.

it's understandable people see a number get bigger they get scared but viruses like these are typically seasonal and do burn out

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #1281 on: June 15, 2020, 06:42:36 AM »
In Southern California and daily cases are double what they were a month ago, pre Memorial Weekend and protests.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1282 on: June 15, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »
In Southern California and daily cases are double what they were a month ago, pre Memorial Weekend and protests.
increased testing and cases coming over from mexico

even the la times admits as much: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-13/california-coronavirus-surge-tied-to-testing-not-reopening-businesses-officials-say
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:29:21 AM by Buck Russell »

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #1283 on: June 15, 2020, 07:50:12 PM »
My roommate just tested positive for both the virus and the antibodies. I immediately got tested after hearing and talked to the doctor about it and she said that dead virus cells can trigger a positive nasal swab. Needless to say im laying low until I get test results back

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #1284 on: June 16, 2020, 07:44:51 AM »
Won’t we only know if the cases are spiking by next week?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1285 on: June 16, 2020, 08:12:05 AM »

Sort of, yeah. It’s my understanding that test results cannot be processed/added to the datasets immediately, so the set becomes more complete over time as all of the results are added. The incomplete set can give some insight on what is happening and provide a reasonable estimate, but yeah, it takes some time to get all of the values added. And even then, it’s not really “complete,” but the law of big numbers and central limit theorem suggest that an accurate estimation of the mean can be found using a sufficiently large sample size.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1286 on: June 16, 2020, 11:32:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sort of, yeah. It’s my understanding that test results cannot be processed/added to the datasets immediately, so the set becomes more complete over time as all of the results are added. The incomplete set can give some insight on what is happening and provide a reasonable estimate, but yeah, it takes some time to get all of the values added. And even then, it’s not really “complete,” but the law of big numbers and central limit theorem suggest that an accurate estimation of the mean can be found using a sufficiently large sample size.
the problem is this "wait one (or two) more weeks" has been used to perpetuate a state of panic for over three months now and it's never amounted to anything other than a new set of things to wait a couple weeks for

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1287 on: June 16, 2020, 11:54:13 AM »
I’m lucky to live in an area that was barely hit by it at all. I still don’t know a single person who got it. At this point it basically feels back to normal except u have to wear a mask in stores and i still wash my hands a ton

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1288 on: June 16, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »

I'm not seeing any epidemiologists or public health folks posting up here, so I wouldn't take what people are espousing as facts that downplay the virus as anything of value. It's all opinion. All I know is that I don't know, so when folks I know who work with dead bodies and in hospitals say this shit is a serious concern, I'll listen.
I’m lucky to live in an area that was barely hit by it at all. I still don’t know a single person who got it. At this point it basically feels back to normal except u have to wear a mask in stores and i still wash my hands a ton

Thanks for washing your hands and wearing a mask. It's not hard, especially considering  that there's a significant chance that taking those actions can save lives.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1289 on: June 16, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »

I'm not seeing any epidemiologists or public health folks posting up here, so I wouldn't take what people are espousing as facts that downplay the virus as anything of value. It's all opinion. All I know is that I don't know, so when folks I know who work with dead bodies and in hospitals say this shit is a serious concern, I'll listen.

good for you. but by your own metircs you're just contributing more noise

the "folks (you) know who work with dead bodies" probably don't work with a lot of healthy people in general so it's a bit of a skewed data source and purely anecdotal