Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 92974 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1590 on: November 24, 2020, 06:44:42 AM »
Sweden... Nooot doing too well..

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #1591 on: November 24, 2020, 08:34:46 AM »
Shout out to California’s new curfew that does absolutely nothing.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1592 on: November 24, 2020, 09:16:11 AM »

Sheriffs up this way have said all along that any coronavirus restrictions impede citizens constitutional rights. Picking and choosing is what they do. They're still raiding ganja farms. They're still raiding homeless camps. They're still arresting people for drug offenses. I guess that's all in the name of constitutional freedom

Fuck that. I don't feel that a curfew will do much of anything, especially since it's not going to be enforced. I do however feel that things are going to grow in intensity, Covid wise, following Thanksgiving. It feels like my partner and I are some of the only people NOT traveling. Moved into Purple tier today.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #1593 on: November 24, 2020, 09:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sheriffs up this way have said all along that any coronavirus restrictions impede citizens constitutional rights. Picking and choosing is what they do. They're still raiding ganja farms. They're still raiding homeless camps. They're still arresting people for drug offenses. I guess that's all in the name of constitutional freedom

Fuck that. I don't feel that a curfew will do much of anything, especially since it's not going to be enforced. I do however feel that things are going to grow in intensity, Covid wise, following Thanksgiving. It feels like my partner and I are some of the only people NOT traveling. Moved into Purple tier today.
We’re not doing anything either. We had family pressuring us too. The curfew is such a limp duck half measure; what does it actually stop between the hours of 10 and 5?! Shut it all down, shelter in place, pay people to stay home. How fucking hard is it?

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1594 on: November 24, 2020, 09:36:34 AM »
My gym cut it's hours.  I used to go at like two am when there was five people tops in there.  They cut the safe time for"sanitizing".

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1595 on: November 24, 2020, 10:36:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
We’re not doing anything either. We had family pressuring us too. The curfew is such a limp duck half measure; what does it actually stop between the hours of 10 and 5?! Shut it all down, shelter in place, pay people to stay home. How fucking hard is it?

I mean, regarding the curfew, as someone who, between working 2nd/3rd shift and adventures in substance abuse, spent a good decade out and about between 10pm and 5am, my first thoughts were that there isn't much going on during those hours other than mischief and when folks are up to mischief, they're not being safe. I don't, however, feel that the vast majority of transmission is going on between those hours! I live in a moderately small, rural town of 15k people. 5 restaurants just had to close down due infections coming from "outdoor" dining.

I think you're right, "pay people to stay home."

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1596 on: November 24, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »
More specifically in LA County, outdoor dining is shutting back down after Wednesday for 3 weeks. We never went above the lowest tier in California, outdoor dining was about the furthest we got besides indoor retail. Skateboarding-wise, I think parks are safe but I haven't even been to one in months.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
« Reply #1597 on: November 24, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »

I don't know what the hell happens in the USA in the next two weeks. Travel, close quarters gatherings, etc.

Canada is doing way better.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-in-the-u-s-how-do-canada-s-provinces-rank-against-american-states-1.5051033
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:40:53 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1598 on: November 24, 2020, 11:39:46 AM »
Was at work Saturday when my co worker found out his friend he had been hanging out with the night before tested positive. Spoke to my second job and they recommended that I stay home till I got a negative test result. Got that this morning but I’m still out of the money for those two days.

Was also going to go home to see my grandparents because they aren’t doing well but my sister ended up testing positive. Now it feels like traveling home would be very irresponsible. This anxiety of waiting for what comes next while the government does nothing is insane.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1599 on: November 24, 2020, 11:55:39 AM »
Was at work Saturday when my co worker found out his friend he had been hanging out with the night before tested positive. Spoke to my second job and they recommended that I stay home till I got a negative test result. Got that this morning but I’m still out of the money for those two days.

Was also going to go home to see my grandparents because they aren’t doing well but my sister ended up testing positive. Now it feels like traveling home would be very irresponsible. This anxiety of waiting for what comes next while the government does nothing is insane.

damn dude, that sounds like a nightmare. I'm really sorry to hear it come down like that

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: November 24, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »
They’re both actually out of the hospital (not Covid related) and my grandfather seems to be doing much better. My grandmother on the other hand probably won’t be around this time next year. The thought of sitting on a plane for six hours to go home seems super irresponsible though.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1601 on: November 24, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »

You should be compensated for your days quarantining as mandatory sick leave or able to file for unemployment for the time off required to verify a negative test.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1602 on: November 24, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »
They’re both actually out of the hospital (not Covid related) and my grandfather seems to be doing much better. My grandmother on the other hand probably won’t be around this time next year. The thought of sitting on a plane for six hours to go home seems super irresponsible though.

if I could give ya a hug, virus free and all, I'd do it. take care as best can be expected, man.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1603 on: November 24, 2020, 05:32:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You should be compensated for your days quarantining as mandatory sick leave or able to file for unemployment for the time off required to verify a negative test.

Oh hell yeah.
Expand Quote
[close]

if I could give ya a hug, virus free and all, I'd do it. take care as best can be expected, man.

You know what, I would take you up on that hug. Thanks man.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1604 on: November 27, 2020, 09:30:40 AM »
Virus-free socially distanced 3D printed hugs for all my pals doing the right thing.

I was happy my wife passed out last night and we didn't end up visiting my mother in law. One of the brother in laws has been a dumdum about this pandemic since the getgo and I want to be socially distanced from him more than anything.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: November 27, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »
Virus-free socially distanced 3D printed hugs for all my pals doing the right thing.

I was happy my wife passed out last night and we didn't end up visiting my mother in law. One of the brother in laws has been a dumdum about this pandemic since the getgo and I want to be socially distanced from him more than anything.

Hi Five!

It's so hard when people don't take it seriously and we can't be as socially distant as we'd like. I sell a lot of stuff on craigslist and it's always hit or miss meeting up with people. At least i've got my N95s for those events.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #1606 on: November 27, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »
Very thankful to have not caught this shit  just been working my diy and skating street when I can. Numbers are soaring here in Chicago and I’m happy I have a place to live.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1607 on: December 04, 2020, 10:38:07 PM »
Got to the Bay area just as everything is shutting down. Not exactly ideal, but stoked just to sit in the backyard and relax.

Worried about what the holidays will bring. Thanksgiving, Xmas, New Years, man I don't foresee things going well.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #1608 on: December 05, 2020, 03:37:22 AM »

I don't know what the hell happens in the USA in the next two weeks. Travel, close quarters gatherings, etc.

Canada is doing way better.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-in-the-u-s-how-do-canada-s-provinces-rank-against-american-states-1.5051033

Alberta is #1 in Canada, right behind New York

Not surprising tho, that place is the Texas of Canada.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: December 05, 2020, 06:09:46 AM »
Got sore throat on 23:rd and have been working from home. Tested positive, so I have to chill for a week.

Pretty mind effects, but don't want to infect anybody.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1610 on: December 05, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
Got sore throat on 23:rd and have been working from home. Tested positive, so I have to chill for a week.

Pretty mind effects, but don't want to infect anybody.

even though it sounds chill so far, get well soon nonetheless bro

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1611 on: December 05, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
Thanks, Frank. I'm pretty much fine now. Just waiting for manditory 7 days to pass.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1612 on: July 30, 2022, 06:29:08 AM »
I'm currently quarantined at home after testing positive for Covid for the second time.

The first time I contracted the virus last year, it was during the holidays so I was chill to just ride it out without it really affecting my life (though the virus itself was much more intense on my body than this go round). This time, I was in the middle of a work project that required me to be present in the office so everything has to be put on hold, I have a 20 year high school reunion coming up that I probably won't be able to attend, and the plans to hang out with the woman I'm seeing rn had to be cancelled. So, it has been very disruptive, even though my symptoms are so minimal that I don't even have a fever. If one wants to ensure that he or she does not spread Covid, it almost doesn't matter what your own symptoms are.

I was going out these past few months, but also thought I was being responsible by wearing my mask often in places not many else are. But even I would take my mask of from time to time to eat, drink, etc. I for sure had vulnerabilities. From what I've read, these new variants dgaf if you had Covid before and reinfection is probable.

But at least in the metropolis where I live, a large-scale shut down seems out of the realm of possibility as society is just over it. Most folks are not even wearing masks so why would they advocate for curfews or outdoor-only spaces. The county I reside in considered reinstating the indoors-mask-mandate this past week, but ultimately decided against it, sayin the hospitalizations had subsided. Even then, the city I work in -- a normally pretty progressive city, I mean they basically outlawed cigarettes -- had declared that, if the mask mandate had passed, they would not devote any resources to enforcing it. Their flimsy reasoning was, "It's not 2020 anymore, the science doesn't support mask-mandates, we've moved past masks." Which is just insane to me.

So, I think I have to make some serious lifestyle changes on my own volition to ensure that I don't get Covid every three months, because it seems the older women that are my bosses are eventually going to go from, "Oh, feel better, Ed!" to "Why does this keep happening to you?"

Kind of disheartening but it seems like Covid is far, far from over.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1613 on: July 30, 2022, 10:09:57 AM »
I spent almost two months in Honolulu and it was night and day compared to Georgia. All the locals were wearing their masks and being good about it. It made me feel much safer and prompted me to mask up more. Higher vax rate, too.

In Georgia, people look at you crazy for still wearing a mask during a pandemic when it benefits them more than it benefits you.

Now, it's more imperative to wear one and be safe lest someone try to stigmatize you when you catch that monkey pox that's all the rage.

Get well Ed.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1614 on: July 30, 2022, 10:24:15 AM »
non-essential worker cucked by low immune system function due to breathing candles in the home office all day. many such cases!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1615 on: July 30, 2022, 10:24:50 AM »
no one gives a shit about covid anymore. i caught the flu and my hr dude was afraid i had covid and told me to not get tested so i could still show up to work. what a crook. i don't have covid, but i'm still sick with fever and stuff. not cool.

ed i hope you're back up fine in no time.

i would like to know if ever caught covid in the last few months without noticing since i don't seem to get it and i caught a coldlike infection 3 times in the last two months but was always negative. but that type of test is too expensive for me.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1616 on: July 30, 2022, 10:50:16 AM »
@EdLawndale

Hey buddy thanks for posting this and sorry you're sick and plans are a mess. Last night I wanted to start a new thread  "what covid precautions are you taking?"

I felt similarly when I was working in the school post mask mandate. I got sick a few times, got covid again, along with half the school, and people were surprised I kept getting sick despite wearing a mask indoors around everyone else not wearing one.

I wonder if some folks immune systems are more prone to this illness than others. A year out and my gal still has multiple inhalers and low energy. Its awful.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1617 on: July 30, 2022, 11:12:21 AM »
sorry to hear that you caught the 'rona.

I feel like the last man standing at this point. I haven't caught covid and I don't want it.

I took the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria a few weeks ago. It was easy to keep a bit of distance from others on the boat, but after arriving on the island, the bus was standing room only. It was filled with a bunch of unmasked tourists.

I opted for the taxi as it was worth 70 bucks not to spend x amount of days feeling like shit.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #1618 on: July 30, 2022, 01:57:14 PM »
My girlfriend and her homegirl drove to the coast, I was supposed to fly out to meet up tomorrow, at which point her homegirl was going to fly home. Now they both have Covid, homegirl can’t fly home until the next week, and I’m sitting here thinking about bailing on the whole thing. Too bad that fancy new omicron vaccine isn’t out yet.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1619 on: July 30, 2022, 02:04:25 PM »
I wear fake glasses on top of wearing a mask so people don’t spit it into my eyes.