Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 92988 times)

Chatbot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2020, 05:48:18 AM »
Surprised NYC isn't reporting many cases yet. Literally millions of people pass through there every day. Also, the one outcome I don't mind is the stock market keeps dipping which gives us youngins a solid entry point. Especially since I opened up a 401k and a personal roth IRA a few months ago

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2020, 05:55:22 AM »
I live in Italy and everyone is panicked. It's absurd.

This is my favorite article describing the situation:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/italy-shows-just-how-crazy-coronavirus-panic-can-get

I spent the past week in Paris. Nobody seemed worried about it. Now I'm back in Italy and everyone is losing it. It's a joke.

Although, I have read a lot of zombie and post-apocalyptic comics and seen a lot of movies on the same topic and wonder if this could be that. Could be pretty interesting. I secretly dream of living during human extinction.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2020, 07:53:40 AM »
I live/work in Seattle. I guess like pnw said 11 people have died. My husbands company is having everyone work from home for the next 3 weeks. I think my jobs going to get very interesting. I work at a veterinary hospital and my whole job is taking care of boarding animals so if people stop traveling i’ll probably end up being without work for a bit. I talked with a coworker from my last job where I used to watch about 120 dogs daily and have 20-40 boarding dogs a night. I guess there daily business has been cut in half because everyones working from home and watching their dogs.

Im just glad I buy my TP from costco, im good for atleast 2 months.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2020, 04:25:03 PM »
here's a letter from a NorCal nurse who treated a CV patient, while wearing the proper protective gear

https://act.nationalnursesunited.org/page/-/files/graphics/NU-Quarantine-RN-press-conf-statement.pdf
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2020, 06:17:26 AM »
Partners is big.
They is keeping this shit quite because of the up coming elections. The big medical companies in Massachusetts are down with the GOP.

People were shitting in their pants right next to me in chorus at 3 different facilities.
A tech comes out checks for fevers and international travel and hands out masks and 4 people got taken each one to a different rooms across the hall.

Everyone panicking split and I was next.

Don't believe them. People are sick af

I'm sick af.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2020, 06:24:14 AM »
I’m excited, frankly.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2020, 06:39:27 AM »
I’m excited, frankly.

was excited too but excitement will dribble right down your leg on to flipping skateboard and just become increase drag as you flow through life.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:41:03 AM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 583
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2020, 06:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m excited, frankly.
[close]

was excited too but excitement will dribble right down your leg on to flipping skateboard and just become increase drag as you flow through life.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2020, 07:22:04 AM »
I'm in Los Angeles and we're starting to hear about cases popping up. My company has decided to have everyone work remotely until further notice. Frankly, I'm fine with that because my commute is a bummer.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2020, 08:49:05 AM »
I live in Austin. They just cancelled SXSW. Wild.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/sxsw-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus.html

doublesteveburger

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »
I work in a medical equipment facility and we’ve had to put allocations and restrictions on product due to hospital facilities going crazy on ordering face masks and gloves in apocalyptic bulk. Not many cases here in Arizona but there’s definitely tension in the warehouse.

Be clean/safe out there, baby!

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2020, 09:43:13 AM »
I live in Austin. They just cancelled SXSW. Wild.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/sxsw-cancelled-due-to-coronavirus.html

This is an indication of what we’re looking at if I’ve ever seen one. My company along with tons of other tech companies pulled out beforehand. We were told “cancel all unnecessary travel and work from home if needed”.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2020, 10:11:57 AM »
I work at an airport and today we got a box sent from HR, with Lysol wipes and laurel gloves.
Boss just said, he you can just put this wherever in the back office and use if you want.
Other than that I have no idea what’s going on. I only know corona from 1 tweet that introduced it to me.
I have avoided reading anything else about it.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »
I’m excited, frankly.

I don't know you but I love your movies, keep it up.

Hearing about all this toilet paper hoarding makes me glad I switched to washing. Good time to try it, you'll never go back.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
You can book cheap flights right now

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »
I work at an airport and today we got a box sent from HR, with Lysol wipes and laurel gloves.
Boss just said, he you can just put this wherever in the back office and use if you want.
Other than that I have no idea what’s going on. I only know corona from 1 tweet that introduced it to me.

What do you work at the airport... TSA? I saw some fucking idiots when traveling international this week. Parents with undustrial-size container of wipes, kids with gloves/masks that were way too big, etc.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2020, 05:44:31 AM »

i don't live in jamaica, but seems like the right thread to post

also, we need dr octagons opinion on this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:48:29 AM by Frank »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2020, 06:37:30 AM »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2020, 09:42:38 AM »
Orange County kook here. Everyone of our customers is tripping,fighting at Costco and shit. We just keep eating chips with dirty fingers and get back to work. One guy laid it out that if you're under 40 you don't give a fuck,but if you're over 40 you're shitting yourself. We'll see,most of the deaths have been elderly right? Even at my school theres signs to wear masks and wash your hands...yet the bathrooms are still dirty as fuck.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2020, 09:45:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What do you work at the airport... TSA? I saw some fucking idiots when traveling international this week. Parents with undustrial-size container of wipes, kids with gloves/masks that were way too big, etc.
Just grunt work for an airline. Best job I’ve ever had lol
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 09:58:33 AM »
I work for a state agency in L.A. and so far we have only received an email warning to wash our hands, etc. There's been little reaction countywide as well. Keep in mind that we also have had recent typhus, MRSA, and tuberculosis outbreaks amongst the very large homeless population. A respiratory illness pandemic is the least of our concerns.
I work in something similar further south and same shit. You get an email once in a while that someone with tuberculosis came in and those they were in contact with are getting tested.

I finally saw this stupid shit going down yesterday at Walmart. Notice all the cheap water was gone. Nobody wants to splurge on the good shit. All the paper towels and toilet paper gone. Fucking people are more worried about how they are going to wipe their ass than anything else. I wasn’t looking for toilet paper though. What these dummies should be doing is what I always do. Buy the wet wipes instead. Gets you cleaner and you could wipe your hands with it if necessary. Biodegradable as well. And nobody was buying those so I’m good. I am a little pissed that I could get some fucking water. I’m not worrying. I just wanted water for normal fucking drinking.

I am a little concerned just because I have a lot of contact with people especially the poor who aren’t always sanitary. But I always wash my hands after anyways. But also in my office when one person gets sick everyone does so it’s just a matter of time. But if I die from that shit I deserve for being such a bitch. I’d be down to wear a gas mask all day. Would be fun.

I’m not usually paranoid about this shit but for the first time in my life I was planning on traveling a lot this year. Already have a vacation to Hawaii booked. Was planning on Oregon or Washington but probably will go somewhere else. Last one is a big camping trip so not too worried on that one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:01:18 AM by 50mm »

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »
i work in a hospital and the quarantine unit is above my floor but i hear more people freaking about it outside the hospital than inside.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 10:32:04 AM »
i work in a hospital and the quarantine unit is above my floor but i hear more people freaking about it outside the hospital than inside.

Same, the general public in Adelaide are freaking out but hospital staff don't seem that bothered.

My issue here is less that actual virus but more what'll happen in this hospital in someone in Facilities Maintenance gets it and the office has to be shut due to quarantine.

If it gets into this office it'll spread like wildfire (last year the flu ravaged this office) and without the 12-14 people in this office literally nothing will move in this hospital (patients, equipment, security, meals).
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
Sounds like the epidemic is turning everyone into Cornholio 

morningcommute

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 02:33:55 PM »
I work in travel and the company is going to tank. It’s already losing staff to try and reduce the amount of money we are haemorrhaging.

I think Within the month they will announce they will announce the company has gone bust and everyone has lost their jobs.

I also buy supplies for the office and all alcohol based hand sanitiser has been sold out of- nationwide. Most of the hygiene products I order are out of stock.

Went to the supermarket today and everyone was buying toilet paper. All pasta and rice gone.

What the fuck do people think is gonna happen? They’re gonna shit themselves to death?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »
I work in travel and the company is going to tank. It’s already losing staff to try and reduce the amount of money we are haemorrhaging.

I think Within the month they will announce they will announce the company has gone bust and everyone has lost their jobs.

I also buy supplies for the office and all alcohol based hand sanitiser has been sold out of- nationwide. Most of the hygiene products I order are out of stock.

Went to the supermarket today and everyone was buying toilet paper. All pasta and rice gone.

What the fuck do people think is gonna happen? They’re gonna shit themselves to death?

Damn, sold out of all alcohol based hand sanitizer nationwide? What country are you in?

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »
All grocery stores and pharmacies in my city (suburb in socal) are sold out of hand sanitizer. I made my own (2 parts rubbing alcohol, one part aloe vera gel) and it works great. I can't wait for all this hysteria to pass.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 04:48:07 PM »
Trying to buy a house right now. Nobody was at open houses today.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2020, 03:00:25 AM »
Sounds like the epidemic is turning everyone into Cornholio 

I am happy to report that there are ample supplies of TP (and everything else) in stores where I live, even though we have a dozen confirmed cases. My bunghole will remain clean ... the bidet could make a strong comeback though, shit's gonna be trending in 2020.

Hopefully, the coronavirus starts the ball rolling on the next recession, since the housing market is just crazy right now. Or at least fuck over some of the AirBnB "barons" in our city.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
I went to Costco and shit was so funny. All the tp was gone, but paper towels, wet wipes, all pretty much full stock.

Organic eggs all gone but plenty of non organic eggs. Same thing with chicken. And milk. People would really rather starve to death than eat non organic produce lmfao.

I'm not freaked out cause I'm young, my parents are healthy, and don't really know or care about any old people rn, so everyone I care about should be fine. Recently there was a big biotech conference or something in Boston and the 2 of the main speakers had the virus and lots of people who went got infected apparently. Lots of schools got closed because parents brought it home to their kids etc lol. My mom's friends company is forcing a mandatory work from home. If I get mandatory work from home if be stoked. I don't do anything at work anyways so if I work from home I'll just write an afk script and skate my box in my driveway, just in time for this beautiful spring weather haha