Author Topic: Royal Trucks are way better now  (Read 4067 times)

therealstreetpirate

Royal Trucks are way better now
« on: March 05, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »
Anyone ride Royals lately? Their new trucks are on point, I say new even though they have had them out for a few years. But compared the OG ones they ride way better. They move really well and I do not get too much resistance the response time is great. I will live and die by Royals for the rest of my life.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Royal Trucks are way better now
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 07:26:08 PM »
Anyone ride Royals lately? Their new trucks are on point, I say new even though they have had them out for a few years. But compared the OG ones they ride way better. They move really well and I do not get too much resistance the response time is great. I will live and die by Royals a clown for the rest of my life.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

whatsreallygood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 07:33:30 PM »
Other somewhat recent threads suggest otherwise

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=98466.0

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »
Other somewhat recent threads suggest otherwise

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=98466.0
His opinion makes me feel like he was trying to compare it to an Indy or a Thunder, They are its own thing ride wise. And I was comparing to old royals.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 08:36:24 PM »
But if they don't hold up to standard trucks what's the point? The poor kingpin clearance, and the loose pivot cups both still seem pretty bad too, ignoring how they "feel" compared to other trucks.

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 08:53:38 PM »
Thunder hangers break in half. And Indy bushings blow out immediately, And sometimes the baseplate cracks. Venture kingpins snap. And tensors are awkward. If the pivot cups blow out on royals that is alot better then other issues found with Thunder and Indy. And the Kingpin clearance is not that bad whoever is raising that concern really is not reviewing them fairly.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:55:17 PM by therealstreetpirate »

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 09:00:37 PM »
I don't think there's any empirical evidence any of those trucks regularly do those things you just said. I've only ever snapped thunder kingpins, never had durability issues with ventures, and the only time I've broken bushings has been with bones when the core separates but that's more of a bones issue than a specific truck issue. What about other brands like theeve or destructo? What do you mean by "awkward" when referring to tensors? I personally fuck with the new atg tensors more than any truck so I'm curious. You can see the kingpin clearance is comparatively bad by googling a photo, unless you can show that's not the case? I dunno man I'm not sold.

Edit: forgot ace too, point being there's lots of options.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:09:50 PM by whatsreallygood »

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 09:27:18 PM »
Viral marketing is getting real weird these days

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »
I don't think there's any empirical evidence any of those trucks regularly do those things you just said. I've only ever snapped thunder kingpins, never had durability issues with ventures, and the only time I've broken bushings has been with bones when the core separates but that's more of a bones issue than a specific truck issue. What about other brands like theeve or destructo? What do you mean by "awkward" when referring to tensors? I personally fuck with the new atg tensors more than any truck so I'm curious. You can see the kingpin clearance is comparatively bad by googling a photo, unless you can show that's not the case? I dunno man I'm not sold.

I know what I have seen in person. And there is tons of options. I stand by my comment on tensor. But back to the my original point royals are better now then they were 10 years ago. They skate good and for a price point truck I stand by my word.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 11:01:35 PM »
Are they better than they were in the past? - Yes
Are they better than the tier 1 brands (Thunder, Venture, Indy)? - No
Are they comparable with other tier 2  brands (Krux, Ace,Theeve, Tensor, Destructo, Film) - Probably not but for that same price I would go for a tier 2 brand
Are they comparable with tier 3 brands (Bullet, shop blanks) - Yes
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 12:05:57 AM »
Are they comparable with other tier 2  brands (Krux, Ace,Theeve, Tensor, Destructo, Film) - Probably not but for that same price I would go for a tier 2 brand
Venture is not a tier 1 brand more like tier 2. Royals would be between tier 1 and 2. Nowhere near bullets, At all....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:04:36 AM by therealstreetpirate »

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 12:13:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Venture is not a tier 3 brand more like tier 2. Royals would be between tier 1 and 2. Nowhere near bullets, At all....

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 12:22:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I know what I have seen in person. And there is tons of options. I stand by my comment on tensor. But back to the my original point royals are better now then they were 10 years ago. They skate good and for a price point truck I stand by my word.

But what you've seen is just anecdotal evidence. There's a chance you were unlucky and the trucks you saw break were just a small percent and the majority are fine. So how do you justify your claim with anecdotal evidence? What do you mean by standing by your comment on tensor? I want you to elaborate, not stand by it, I don't give a shit if something is "awkward" if it skates good. What do you mean, the brand, how the actually skate? Why can't I just say royals are awkward and not explain why? Also I could just as easily say I've seen more royal trucks have issues, like the kingpin clearance and pivot cups mentioned earlier. I don't see why I should take your word seriously if you're not going to qualify it somehow with better points.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 12:24:37 AM »

Honestly I think most tier 2 brands are of the same quality (if not slightly better in some cases) as tier 1, just without the same market presence as tier 1. I could see royals being above tier 3 for sure, but I don't think they can touch theeve, ace, tensor, film or destructo atm. Maybe krux? But even krux has the DLK going for them.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:26:09 AM by whatsreallygood »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 12:35:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly I think most tier 2 brands are of the same quality (if not slightly better in some cases) as tier 1, just without the same market presence as tier 1. I could see royals being above tier 3 for sure, but I don't think they can touch theeve, ace, tensor, film or destructo atm. Maybe krux? But even krux has the DLK going for them.

That's probably the case, tier 1 brands have a fatter marketing budget. Modern manufacturing standards (US or China) has come a long way, I doubt you'll be disappointed with tier 2 brand quality aside from manufacturing defects.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 12:54:49 AM »
Royals with risers skate like stage 10 indys. They are decent if you swap out the bushes

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 01:01:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's probably the case, tier 1 brands have a fatter marketing budget. Modern manufacturing standards (US or China) has come a long way, I doubt you'll be disappointed with tier 2 brand quality aside from manufacturing defects.

With indy going to china aren't venture and thunder the only 2 major truck companies still made in America right?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 01:14:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

With indy going to china aren't venture and thunder the only 2 major truck companies still made in America right?

On the surface yes, but I have no idea what qualifies as made in USA anymore.

I'm pretty sure some of the tier 2 brands (Destucto, Tensor, Theeve, maybe Ace) are made in China. The pair of Destrucos and Tensors I have have a made in China sticker on the bottom.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 03:22:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

But what you've seen is just anecdotal evidence. There's a chance you were unlucky and the trucks you saw break were just a small percent and the majority are fine. So how do you justify your claim with anecdotal evidence? What do you mean by standing by your comment on tensor? I want you to elaborate, not stand by it, I don't give a shit if something is "awkward" if it skates good. What do you mean, the brand, how the actually skate? Why can't I just say royals are awkward and not explain why? Also I could just as easily say I've seen more royal trucks have issues, like the kingpin clearance and pivot cups mentioned earlier. I don't see why I should take your word seriously if you're not going to qualify it somehow with better points.
I am willing to revise my statement on tensor, Personally I just think they skate super awkward so much so that I would not recommend them nor support them in anyway. That is my opinion, That Does not make it true. However I have had experience with venture and I have had nothing but issues my kingpin broke one time and my hanger cracked the other, Fact. Thunder my friend broke his hanger in the 8th grade, fact. My other friend Levy had the same problem deluxe sent him a box with trucks and some stickers, Fact. I rode Indys for 5 years bushings always busted, Fact. Friend of mine broke his base plate, Fact. These are my experiences with these company's. I have had multiple pairs of royals now and the only problem I have ran into was the pivots cups busting however that was on the first batch of the newer models, I have not had any problems with the pivot cups on the more recent models. You don't have to take my word but I have my reasons for thinking and saying what I have said already.  But let me also remind you that I never started this thread to compare we just started talking about it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:30:29 AM by therealstreetpirate »

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 04:58:30 AM »
LOL fuck this thread.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 05:05:50 AM »
Aaaaand the most weird threads started in a day award goes to....

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 05:54:24 AM »
Trucks are trucks. Most brands work about the same.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 06:15:49 AM »
Is this thread Crailtap’s new approach to marketing Royal? Having Daryl Angel as their Instagram poster boy mustn’t have worked out.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 06:42:13 AM »
Yes, I agree.
I got a delam in a polar deck, my friend once razor tailed a anti-hero, the guy in the next town snapped an Almost.
Blind boards are better than they were 25 years ago.

I rest my case.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 06:44:45 AM »
Mike Carroll infiltrates slapmag

I'd skate Royals honestly if there was ton more kingpin clearance, the pair I had didn't give me any real problems.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 06:59:22 AM »
the unnamed.png addition was a sweet touch..

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone ride Royals lately? Their new trucks are on point, I say new even though they have had them out for a few years. But compared the OG ones they ride way better. They move really well and I do not get too much resistance the response time is great. I will live and die by Royals a clown for the rest of my life.
[close]
This made my day lol.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 10:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I am willing to revise my statement on tensor, Personally I just think they skate super awkward so much so that I would not recommend them nor support them in anyway. That is my opinion, That Does not make it true. However I have had experience with venture and I have had nothing but issues my kingpin broke one time and my hanger cracked the other, Fact. Thunder my friend broke his hanger in the 8th grade, fact. My other friend Levy had the same problem deluxe sent him a box with trucks and some stickers, Fact. I rode Indys for 5 years bushings always busted, Fact. Friend of mine broke his base plate, Fact. These are my experiences with these company's. I have had multiple pairs of royals now and the only problem I have ran into was the pivots cups busting however that was on the first batch of the newer models, I have not had any problems with the pivot cups on the more recent models. You don't have to take my word but I have my reasons for thinking and saying what I have said already.  But let me also remind you that I never started this thread to compare we just started talking about it.

Again, you're not being specific with details to qualify your statement. What do you mean when you say they skate awkward, do they turn bad, grind bad, I need more to go off of to take you seriously. I understand you've had experiences where trucks break, but I don't think you understand when I say anecdotal evidence isn't enough to prove your point. Saying your friend broke a truck in 8th grade isn't good enough to prove that the quality of current, modern trucks, on the whole, are subpar. Saying you had issues does not make the trucks factually bad, you could have just as easily had bad luck, you can't have a sample size of n=4 or some shit and say you figured it out. Not only that, but if were talking trucks from a while ago, every major brands has undergone design changes to fix their past flaws in modern iterations. Even tensor has revised their trucks, so when you say a truck breaks, or is awkward, and you're not talking about the most recent version, and only using anecdotes as facts, when it could just be bad luck, you're not convincing anyone. I understand you're not trying to directly compare the trucks, but if you want to people to like them, they're going to compare them to trucks they're currently riding. If you can't show why royals are sick compared to other trucks, why should I believe they're sick? Also kingpin clearance still seems pretty bad.

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 12:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Again, you're not being specific with details to qualify your statement. What do you mean when you say they skate awkward, do they turn bad, grind bad, I need more to go off of to take you seriously. I understand you've had experiences where trucks break, but I don't think you understand when I say anecdotal evidence isn't enough to prove your point. Saying your friend broke a truck in 8th grade isn't good enough to prove that the quality of current, modern trucks, on the whole, are subpar. Saying you had issues does not make the trucks factually bad, you could have just as easily had bad luck, you can't have a sample size of n=4 or some shit and say you figured it out. Not only that, but if were talking trucks from a while ago, every major brands has undergone design changes to fix their past flaws in modern iterations. Even tensor has revised their trucks, so when you say a truck breaks, or is awkward, and you're not talking about the most recent version, and only using anecdotes as facts, when it could just be bad luck, you're not convincing anyone. I understand you're not trying to directly compare the trucks, but if you want to people to like them, they're going to compare them to trucks they're currently riding. If you can't show why royals are sick compared to other trucks, why should I believe they're sick? Also kingpin clearance still seems pretty bad.
I was not trying to convince anyone to buy them I was just saying how much I like them and that they are better then what they used to be. From my experience they are sick but that is me. And again my experience I cant explain a feeling I have when I ride them it was like an answer to a prayer haha, Seriously I always wanted to ride like this. I do understand your point though, Aside from my experience I have no evidence supporting why royal is better then any other truck brand, I would just say try them. And see it for what it is.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2020, 12:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I was not trying to convince anyone to buy them I was just saying how much I like them and that they are better then what they used to be. From my experience they are sick but that is me. And again my experience I cant explain a feeling I have when I ride them it was like an answer to a prayer haha, Seriously I always wanted to ride like this. I do understand your point though, Aside from my experience I have no evidence supporting why royal is better then any other truck brand, I would just say try them. And see it for what it is.

But why should anyone spend money to try them if there's no detailed info on them? If you like them all the power to you, but I need more reasons to be compelled to spend my money on some.