Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 347344 times)

theloniousmonk, bob george, augustmoon and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »
I’m not the biggest 9 club fan and def have ran my mouth in the past. I do like the stop and chats quite a bit and more than regular eps. And refuse to listen to the experience but...

I think it’s solid that they are sorting their shit out to make sure everyone is safe before continuing. Even if this is a lie. (Which I doubt cause crob seems to take this seriously as everyone should) they go heavy with no off season let them have time off.

I was watching them watch miles silva part and they had a clip on loop with the most cringe comments ...and awkward silences...what is Crob making notes for???

Reg Hollis

• Rep: -4
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2020, 11:15:26 AM »
Long time lurker, blah blah blah. Steven Christ and Eldridge actually make the Experience unwatchable. That is all

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2020, 11:28:40 AM »
Long time lurker, blah blah blah. Steven Christ and Eldridge actually make the Experience unwatchable. That is all

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks Eldridge is an insufferable dipshit.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m not the biggest 9 club fan and def have ran my mouth in the past. I do like the stop and chats quite a bit and more than regular eps. And refuse to listen to the experience but...

I think it’s solid that they are sorting their shit out to make sure everyone is safe before continuing. Even if this is a lie. (Which I doubt cause crob seems to take this seriously as everyone should) they go heavy with no off season let them have time off.
[close]

I was watching them watch miles silva part and they had a clip on loop with the most cringe comments ...and awkward silences...what is Crob making notes for???

Haha no idea. I don’t watch the experience. The reason I watch stop and chat is because it’s more free flowing but you know they gonna ask set up etc.

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »
I only watch if there is a guest I like. The stop and chats are pretty good. I like the nerdy setup talk. I have seen a few experience episodes and Eldridge definitely seems dumb but I can appreciate that he has skated a lot of the spots they are talking, has dealt with filming pressures, and skated some pretty big rails.

I don’t really have a strong feeling one way or the other about the show but it does seem pretty high quality from a production stand point and they are making it happen on their own so I can commend that. I don’t know why it’s existence upsets other people. If anything they are opening the door for another skate show to come up by proving it’s possible. It just takes so much work that probably a lot of people back down from doing it.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2020, 11:37:57 AM »
Expand Quote

Nine Club taking a break because of positive 'rona tests from those close.
[close]

This is a bunch of bs. Something has been going on with these guys for awhile and they are just using covid as an excuse. Because who would question that? They didn't even put up a post  or anything saying there wouldn't be an episode last week like they've done in the past. But yet they still had an experience episode minus Kelly. I have a long commute so yeah I'll play it until they start watching videos. That's lame AF for podcast listeners. ha.

I agree this is fishy, first Rog leaves and now this. They are perfectly capable of running the show under lockdown from their individual apartments, they did it for ages earlier in the year.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2020, 12:46:37 PM »
Unpopular Opinion: Like his self-admitted hero Howard Stern, Crob is a self centered interviewer. Eldy is boring AF, Steezus is milquetoast, and Kelly is too happy-to-be-there. Roger and the guests are why people watch.

It's an unpopular opinion to me, not because of the Crob sentiment, but because I'm huge Stern fan...and have been for the past 15 years or so.

The Tracy Morgan interviews alone...have enough Gold in them to last a lifetime of happiness. Granted Tracy Morgan is a comic genius...but Stern brings it out of him.

Here's one:

The Silver Arrow

• Rep: 4
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2020, 12:50:39 PM »
Yeah, I have no doubt there's something going on behind the scenes to have Crob basically be like 'alright, time to go back to the drawing board and take a few weeks break' and really, they're still trying to figure out how to do things now that Roger has slipped out the door. Besides...don't they do it at Roger's apartment?

What I don't understand is why they haven't stopped with the Stop and Chats and gone back to normal episodes. Hell, they could probably get better guests now that they don't have to basically wait for them to come to California to record an episode, and just have a Zoom call with them or whatever.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2020, 12:56:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

This is a bunch of bs. Something has been going on with these guys for awhile and they are just using covid as an excuse. Because who would question that? They didn't even put up a post  or anything saying there wouldn't be an episode last week like they've done in the past. But yet they still had an experience episode minus Kelly. I have a long commute so yeah I'll play it until they start watching videos. That's lame AF for podcast listeners. ha.
[close]

I agree this is fishy, first Rog leaves and now this. They are perfectly capable of running the show under lockdown from their individual apartments, they did it for ages earlier in the year.

Rog didn't leave the show completely. They said they started to film these shows live so he's in the other room controlling the camera switches and whatever else. He still has a mic where he chimed in on a few episodes.

Maybe they realized the live shows were a bit harder to do than they anticipated?

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2020, 01:12:54 PM »
they aren't live.  they record them on sunday
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 995
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2020, 01:20:55 PM »
Wait. Rog left and they still use his apartment?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »
What if the 9 in the "Nine Club" symbolizes something biblically, for instance:

Most of the religions maintain numbers carry hidden meanings which are supposed to carry the secrets of universe. Every number is associated with gods, goddesses, gemstones, superstitions, colours, flowers etc. As such many people refer biblical numerology as it contains numerous achievements while Etchegoyen called it an expression of the power of the Holy Spirit. The number 9 is seen an eternal number of human immortality when it comes to freemasons.

So Roger and Kelly got COVID, but since their Freemasons they are immortal and Fauci is scared of what they might do with their power so Trump is going to fire Fauci to let Kelly and Roger take over the New World Order. Crob's in on it...

hateboard

• Rep: -277
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2020, 01:37:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Rog didn't leave the show completely. They said they started to film these shows live so he's in the other room controlling the camera switches and whatever else. He still has a mic where he chimed in on a few episodes.

Maybe they realized the live shows were a bit harder to do than they anticipated?

Camera switches? They don't do any live cuts, its all done in editing. Basically he does what he always does, sets it up before the show and is on hand in case something goes wrong. He had no trouble doing that while being in the actual show as its always heavily edited / never live. He just wanted out from the limelight / camera. He probably cringed every time he saw himself being all introverted and awkward every week. Also I think it was the Appleyard ep where basically Apples completely ignored rog that sealed the deal.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2020, 02:39:14 PM »
There's definitely more going on with Roger than they're saying.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2020, 02:39:46 PM »
I completely stopped listening after Roger left. I know he’s behind the scenes but he’s the only one that knew anything about the industry outside of the crail camp (aside from Kelly here and there but he’s too positive to say or ask anything)

I like crob though and kind of think it’s funny how little he knows, though some of it is definitely a character but I don’t mind I get a laugh.

I cannot stand steezus. He just doesn’t seem like a skateboarder to me at all. Nice guy we just have absolutely nothing in common. He also says things like “vibes” and “facts” etc. but isn’t 16-22 years old

I don’t really care for Jeron. Never really did but that switch tre is amazing.

Kelly’s too happy but maybe I’m just a miserable fuck. Otherwise he’s fine. I liked his bunt

Eldy is completely fried but I don’t really mind for some reason. It’s kinda funny

Overall the show, especially the experience has become to youtubey like and subscribe donate in the chat don’t forget to share and watch live bet online while you manscape. I’m clearly not the demographic and kids seem to like that style though so whatever

They should just bounce back and forth from calling Gerwer and Louie every week

busch

« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2020, 02:40:42 PM »
Didn’t realize how long that was. Don’t read that

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2020, 02:46:29 PM »
Didn’t realize how long that was. Don’t read that

I read it. I  feel the same way about them.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2020, 02:59:46 PM »
Roger barely spoke though, it was great when he had a few in him, and would unleash or chime in, but it was rare occurrence. He also seems to know nothing or very little about newer stuff/generation, which I get, but c'mon. I think he hated being that guy that "knew" everything, thus taking a back room role.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2020, 03:30:28 PM »
Roger was the only redeeming thing about this show, they had a nice little flow, crib would say something, roger would correct him, then Kelly would laugh....quit fucking with a good thing, adding whatever else is where they fucked up, three people is enough to care about, I get it you wanna spice it up, but fuck all that, they spread themselves to thin
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »

Kelly’s too happy but maybe I’m just a miserable fuck.

relatable

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »
I’m willing to bet that roger got covid from skating bum infested covid venice like an idiot and they don’t wanna go back to doing it in seperate places. All the equipment and shit is at his house anyway so it’s probably infected

pistachio

• Rep: -6
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2020, 05:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks Eldridge is an insufferable dipshit.

Eldridge does seem to nearly touch Torey Pudwill in general stupidity.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:47:36 PM by pistachio »

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »
There's definitely more going on with Roger than they're saying.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy theory? What motivation does the show have for lying? The stakes are much lower than you guys make it out to be...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2020, 06:03:23 PM »
I took that to mean maybe he’s quite ill, hopefully he’s alright hey
I mean I bag out on these guys all the time but Rog is a good personality in skateboarding
listen to cosmic psychos

Nozer666

• Rep: -1
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
I know there's haters on here but I was a Fan of the nine club for a while, good guests and interviews but man... Talk about downward spiral. When was the last interesting guest? Who are these people? C'mon Roger I wanna actually watch this show but I just can't like this

Covid bro

P Casanova

• Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
Crailtap wouldn't even sponsor the show......guess that says alot

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »
I know some people hate the show, but they are just wrong. Nine club is the best thing to happen to skateboarding since concrete. The experience is even better. They are a perfect ensemble Roger was great dubs is even better. Steezus and Eldy all day, shit all week, all month. They have also been alluding to something major in the works, like God before the deluge. All the haterats will be swept away...

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2020, 07:07:42 PM »
I know some people hate the show, but they are just wrong. Nine club is the best thing to happen to skateboarding since concrete. The experience is even better. They are a perfect ensemble Roger was great dubs is even better. Steezus and Eldy all day, shit all week, all month. They have also been alluding to something major in the works, like God before the deluge. All the haterats will be swept away...
hello steezus

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2020, 07:15:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hello steezus
Rocuronium is steezus splinter. Not him

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »
Took me awhile to put my finger on it.
They have let their “characters” become their identity. Nothing interesting, just bad acting.

I blame steezus, most inauthentic non-skater to infiltrate our beloved brotherhood.