Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 377849 times)

rkulla

Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3210 on: May 07, 2024, 11:40:34 AM »
All I've been doing is pointing out the hypocrisy, that's it. 

You say "TNC and its fans take all criticism as an attack and dismiss anyone else as abusive".   I interact with saying plenty of you have valid points, then I hear abusive replies to that.  Then I say "you sure are doing what you say others are doing", then crickets.  Then repeat.

NBA NFL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #3211 on: May 07, 2024, 11:47:38 AM »

You say "TNC and its fans take all criticism as an attack and dismiss anyone else as abusive".   I interact with saying plenty of you have valid points, then I hear abusive replies to that.  Then I say "you sure are doing what you say others are doing", then crickets.  Then repeat.

Stop letting this shit bother you so much. Everyone here is a fuckin dork and thinks they’re hot shit cause they ride a stupid skateboard. This place is basically Reddit. You’re arguing with people that respond to Uncle Flea. He’s an unbearable tweaker that these morons gave money to.

rkulla

« Reply #3212 on: May 07, 2024, 11:50:13 AM »
Whenever I say "Be critical, i don't care if you don't like TNC, or anything else but why do you have to stoop into abuse", SLAP Pals and friends tell me "that's just how people are on here". Yet if I say it, it's "that's not true, just another toxic positive person attacking slap for ever saying anything criticial about something they like".   That's either cognitive dissonance or "hey, only people who like it can hate it". Which is it?

rkulla

« Reply #3213 on: May 07, 2024, 11:56:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stop letting this shit bother you so much. Everyone here is a fuckin dork and thinks they’re hot shit cause they ride a stupid skateboard. This place is basically Reddit. You’re arguing with people that respond to Uncle Flea. He’s an unbearable tweaker that these morons gave money to.

The only thing I let bother me is that I keep hearing how intellectual and nerdy skate fans are here, then like the worst arguments ever.  I know a lot of them are smarter than they act on here but it's this recoiling into "let's just be shitty instead" thing that I've always called out as "toxic cool-initity".

The problem with skateboarding is that it has children you expect that from, young adults, middle aged adults, and now even senior citizens.  It either needs to be broken up into categories or we need to learn how to coexist better.  And from experience, the whole "just ignore the negative" thing you keep telling me to do, IS toxic positivity.  When will people wake tf up?

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3214 on: May 07, 2024, 11:56:54 AM »
mr rkulla please stop posting

rkulla

« Reply #3215 on: May 07, 2024, 11:58:48 AM »
mr rkulla please stop posting

Rename the thread to "WTF is up with SLAP?" and I will.

InkkeACAB

« Reply #3216 on: May 07, 2024, 12:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The only thing I let bother me is that I keep hearing how intellectual and nerdy skate fans are here, then like the worst arguments ever.  I know a lot of them are smarter than they act on here but it's this recoiling into "let's just be shitty instead" thing that I've always called out as "toxic cool-initity".

The problem with skateboarding is that it has children you expect that from, young adults, middle aged adults, and now even senior citizens.  It either needs to be broken up into categories or we need to learn how to coexist better.  And from experience, the whole "just ignore the negative" thing you keep telling me to do, IS toxic positivity.  When will people wake tf up?

good description of the nine club there

rkulla

« Reply #3217 on: May 07, 2024, 12:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

good description of the nine club there

So it's only wrong when OTHER's do it?  Abandon all hope, ye who enter this thread.

work_lurker

• Rep: 102
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #3218 on: May 07, 2024, 12:02:23 PM »
He is going to reach PAL status and have no choice but become just like the very people he can't stand.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

rkulla

« Reply #3219 on: May 07, 2024, 12:04:41 PM »
He is going to reach PAL status and have no choice but become just like the very people he can't stand.

I think I've been offered it if I pay them. Maybe I could be the first "SLAP PayPal - parasocial member"

rkulla

« Reply #3220 on: May 07, 2024, 12:10:34 PM »
It's kind of sad that in a thread titled "Wtf is up with the nine club", that I still have a handful of completely unreplied to posts, with serious answers/follow up questions about your main gripes.  I guess the title is just a rhetorical question. I'll stop trying to answer any more.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 65
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #3221 on: May 07, 2024, 12:13:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think I've been offered it if I pay them. Maybe I could be the first "SLAP PayPal - parasocial member"

Either someone told him he's funny or nobody told him he's not

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #3222 on: May 07, 2024, 12:16:14 PM »
Wtf is up with the nine club is that they interviewed Jason Jessee and only Roger had the balls to call him a nazi. They let Mark Oblow call rape and murder rough sex gone wrong. I like rough sex and I’ve yet to murder anyone. They constantly. Constantly pat themselves on the back. They continue to call out Slap when we actually call them out on the shit I just wrote. Stop sucking their dicks. And go get a shinner. Skate HARD ENOUGH to get a shinner.

InkkeACAB

« Reply #3223 on: May 07, 2024, 12:32:09 PM »
It's kind of sad that in a thread titled "Wtf is up with the nine club", that I still have a handful of completely unreplied to posts, with serious answers/follow up questions about your main gripes.  I guess the title is just a rhetorical question. I'll stop trying to answer any more.

bro thinks he's an official nine club representative over here
this thread isn't about you man you do realise that ? you've just hijacked it

rkulla

« Reply #3224 on: May 07, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm referring to how talking about brand sponsors vs people sponsors, toxic posivity and other things that are in my own lane.  But as usual, the literal "They can defend themselves/the rest if they want to" I've mentioned gets ignored.  Convenient.

Anyway, I finally got some SLAP fatigue again and will go into cybernation again for a while.  Enjoy.

InkkeACAB

« Reply #3225 on: May 07, 2024, 12:39:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm referring to how talking about brand sponsors vs people sponsors, toxic posivity and other things that are in my own lane.  But as usual, the literal "They can defend themselves/the rest if they want to" I've mentioned gets ignored.  Convenient.

Anyway, I finally got some SLAP fatigue again and will go into cybernation again for a while.  Enjoy.

thank fuck.

work_lurker

• Rep: 102
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #3226 on: May 07, 2024, 12:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

thank fuck.

+1
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #3227 on: May 07, 2024, 01:01:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It doesn't surprise me because when I grew up skating, other skaters were the worst to other skaters. Not the cops, not your friends who didn't skate, etc.  but there was always both happening at once:  Some skaters would treat you better than anyone, and just accept you while others were your worst enemies, would sucker punch you, steal from you, talk behind your back, ditch you the second they could, etc. 
[close]

Damn dude what a profound revelation. It's almost as if people who aren't skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them. Shocking.
[close]

Interesting takeaway. You think the examples I gave are just people being "critical"? No wonder everything looks like "toxic positivity" lol.
[close]

Not a big reading comprehension guy, are ya?
[close]

Let's see. I started by saying that skaters often abuse other skaters more than anyone, including non-skaters like cops or non-skaters in general (both of which were notorious for abusing skaters), also in the context of me not being surprised that even in present day, many skaters are still like they used to be.

Your reply was "It's almost as if non-skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them.", which I felt completely missed my point and so I replied that you equate abuse with "being critical".  Your reply is that _my_ reading comprehension is low.

Yeah, so, about that...

Interesting takeaway. You think the examples I gave are just people being "critical"? No wonder everything looks like "toxic positivity" lol.

I said "hate" before "critical", and your reply was as if I was downplaying your comment by only using the word "critical".

So, yeah. My reply is that your reading comprehension is lacking. But by all means just create a word-salad of a reply. Whatever floats your boat lil guy!

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 65
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #3228 on: May 07, 2024, 01:03:20 PM »
I'm a bit late but I finally got around to listening to the Joey Suriel episode.

I loved it. Someone mentioned this earlier, but yeah that has to be a record for most shoutouts. I could listen to that dude talk all day though, really good storyteller.

SelenaGlomez

• Rep: 13
« Reply #3229 on: May 07, 2024, 01:06:23 PM »
I never thought people would defend the 9club so vehemently, interesting stuff.

citycity

• Rep: -105
« Reply #3230 on: May 07, 2024, 01:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Rkulla I like you don’t listen to anyone here talking shit.
[close]

We're all just people with a devil on one shoulder and an angel in the other. Sometimes you gotta hear them both out to realize which one is making more sense.

Yeahhhh

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #3231 on: May 07, 2024, 01:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stop seeking validation from strangers on the internet and your life will improve exponentially. Slap is the Fox News of skateboarding. It’s funny, but you can’t possibly take it seriously.
[close]

If you think these interactions have been about seeking validation... My god.
[close]

Are you not trying to validate your point? Or are you just farting words into the void?
[close]
I think homie is unhinged. Which giving $500 a week to dudes who don’t know you or even care about you should’ve been enough evidence for.
[close]

Streaming has opened up this crazy day and age of parasocial relationships. This one guy I watch stream on twitch regularly has some individuals donating $1000-$2500 during a stream. And he streams 3 days a week. Guy is making 90k a month from parasocial andys, its wild. I understand when people like the videos so they want to support but 6grand in a month is next level.
[close]

It's always been my goal to grow up dead broke, find a way to make just enough money to have a little disposable income and use it to give back, and then get shit for it.

I hope everyone can experience that some day.
you know 1/3 of the money from those superchats goes straight to youtube

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #3232 on: May 07, 2024, 02:12:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hope so, but i’m sure you’ll understand my skepticism given your persistence (i’m being kind with this word) on this thread

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -24
« Reply #3233 on: May 07, 2024, 02:48:29 PM »

You become what you hate

lurkluke

• Rep: 224
« Reply #3234 on: May 07, 2024, 03:15:20 PM »
i dunno why I read through all that but the most shocking aspect is Kulla said

"Budget or Buttery" is their most famous segment

Do people actually like that? Genuine Q, because if I'm ever watching I skip that whole thing. I couldn't imagine something less interesting.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #3235 on: May 07, 2024, 03:33:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude seems like a real weirdo.  He’s giving the same vibes as those older men that buy worn skate shoes off of EBay.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2292
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3236 on: May 07, 2024, 03:37:03 PM »
This Ryan guy is really having his Brink moment on here right now.
Truly something to behold.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 181
« Reply #3237 on: May 07, 2024, 05:48:14 PM »
He and *rink should collab on a skate competition show called ‘Win Kulla’s Moolah’ — would be a way better way to spend the dough, and rkulla could employ a different talk show host for once

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3238 on: May 07, 2024, 06:19:50 PM »
Ive never seen the nine club. Wtf is up with it?
Support your local skate shop

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
« Reply #3239 on: May 07, 2024, 06:25:07 PM »
Ive never seen the nine club. Wtf is up with it?
No not never you should too