Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 322727 times)

MisterX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 50
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #690 on: August 17, 2022, 04:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why do people not like Steezus? Genuine question, I'm not very up to date on this stuff.
[close]

It’s probably because he is a grown man that goes by the name Steezus Christ and has that weird trying to be an influencer/media personality vibe.
[close]

This. He also has terrible takes/taste, seems to know very little about skateboarding outside of his narrow experience, and is basically a corny sneakerhead.
[close]

I liked the nine club at first but I could never listen to the experience because steeszus was so annoying and had the worst takes on everything...
[close]

This doesn’t help either:
https://www.steezuschrist.com/about

With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.
[close]

That’s deeply embarrassing.

Kelly hiding from 9 Club fans is the most relatable thing about him.

I highly doubt anyone in the sneaker world knows who this dude is or gives a fuck who he is. 

"From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation."

I wonder if he manifested his gig on the Berrics by riding Malto's coattails in and inserting himself into every video he could until Berra kind of rolled with it.  I feel like he did the same thing on the Nine Club.  Just shoehorned himself into the experience and never left like the dude who shows up to a party and just tries to blend in, but then then starts making joes and entering conversations and has everyone asking themselves who the fuck brought this guy?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #691 on: August 17, 2022, 07:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why do people not like Steezus? Genuine question, I'm not very up to date on this stuff.
[close]

It’s probably because he is a grown man that goes by the name Steezus Christ and has that weird trying to be an influencer/media personality vibe.
[close]

This. He also has terrible takes/taste, seems to know very little about skateboarding outside of his narrow experience, and is basically a corny sneakerhead.
[close]

I liked the nine club at first but I could never listen to the experience because steeszus was so annoying and had the worst takes on everything...
[close]

With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.
[close]

[close]

I highly doubt anyone in the sneaker world knows who this dude is or gives a fuck who he is. 

"From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation."

I wonder if he manifested his gig on the Berrics by riding Malto's coattails in and inserting himself into every video he could until Berra kind of rolled with it.  I feel like he did the same thing on the Nine Club.  Just shoehorned himself into the experience and never left like the dude who shows up to a party and just tries to blend in, but then then starts making joes and entering conversations and has everyone asking themselves who the fuck brought this guy?

Also, "DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry.." for real?

I wouldn't know who he is if it wasn't for the 9C.

Does he even skate anymore? Even a little?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:56:45 AM by Xen »

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #692 on: September 08, 2022, 03:07:42 PM »
Don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I didn't think this warranted creating a separate thread for, but if I hear Kelly Hart say "We don't have to talk about that right now...." one more damn time, I'm going to fucking lose it. The most recent one being last night's episode where they were discussing pros who have shoe colorways but no board sponsor. TJ Roger's name got brought up and Kelly shut that down real quick. The other example that comes to mind is when Manny Santiago apologized for some photo situation and Kelly hit em with the ol' "We don't have to talk about that" nonsense. What is Kelly Hart so afraid of? It's not like he has some epic skate career or anything. He even gets visibly uncomfortable when SLS scoring gets brought up. This just goes along with the criticism that the nine club gets for bending over backwards to prevent controversy. The other dudes definitely contribute to this, but Kelly takes it to the extreme. I know there are other instances, but I don't have the energy to go looking.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #693 on: September 08, 2022, 04:47:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

on the "contact" page of that website:

This logo is hilarious. So good lol
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #694 on: September 09, 2022, 03:44:02 AM »
You gotta lotta teeth for a smart cunt > You got a juicy mouth boy
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #695 on: September 09, 2022, 06:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

on the "contact" page of that website:

[close]

This logo is hilarious. So good lol

So, if you are a poser and a wallflower you also can have a career in skateboarding.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #696 on: September 09, 2022, 11:40:09 AM »
Don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but I didn't think this warranted creating a separate thread for, but if I hear Kelly Hart say "We don't have to talk about that right now...." one more damn time, I'm going to fucking lose it. The most recent one being last night's episode where they were discussing pros who have shoe colorways but no board sponsor. TJ Roger's name got brought up and Kelly shut that down real quick. The other example that comes to mind is when Manny Santiago apologized for some photo situation and Kelly hit em with the ol' "We don't have to talk about that" nonsense. What is Kelly Hart so afraid of? It's not like he has some epic skate career or anything. He even gets visibly uncomfortable when SLS scoring gets brought up. This just goes along with the criticism that the nine club gets for bending over backwards to prevent controversy. The other dudes definitely contribute to this, but Kelly takes it to the extreme. I know there are other instances, but I don't have the energy to go looking.
He likes his job and his position in the industry and he wants it to stay the way it is

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #697 on: September 09, 2022, 11:49:11 AM »
the nine chub

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #698 on: September 09, 2022, 11:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Literally reads like someone trying to pad out the word count on their essay.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #699 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He likes his job and his position in the industry and he wants it to stay the way it is

The reality is that the 9 Club doesn't make enough money and the hosts are not important enough in the skate industry for them to take on any real controversial topics or state any opinions which might get them in trouble with the image that the industry wants to present.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #700 on: September 09, 2022, 12:12:37 PM »
It's been said a zillion times across a zillion threads but why does anybody even want the nine club to get into controversial shit or have hard opinions? It's not what the show is. It's just light skateboard themed chat for about a  15 year olds intelligence level. (Which isn't even always a bad thing)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #701 on: September 09, 2022, 12:50:38 PM »
I watched their review of the Pablo movie, just to see how they'd react.  Wasn't that bad, they all had that "fuck I wish I could skate like that" look the entire time

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #702 on: September 09, 2022, 03:52:25 PM »
It's been said a zillion times across a zillion threads but why does anybody even want the nine club to get into controversial shit or have hard opinions? It's not what the show is. It's just light skateboard themed chat for about a  15 year olds intelligence level. (Which isn't even always a bad thing)

I get what you're saying. My beef is how selective they are regarding the controversies they decide to discuss. For instance, remember how fired up Roger got about how filmers should be paid? I would argue that was a controversial topic and I have mad respect for Roger holding his ground on it.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #703 on: September 09, 2022, 03:59:45 PM »
i trust no adult with steeze in their vocabulary

doublesteveburger

« Reply #704 on: September 09, 2022, 04:21:24 PM »
just occurred to me that everyone on this show strike me as dudes that would actually be fun to talk shit with if the cameras weren’t around

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #705 on: September 09, 2022, 06:54:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I get what you're saying. My beef is how selective they are regarding the controversies they decide to discuss. For instance, remember how fired up Roger got about how filmers should be paid? I would argue that was a controversial topic and I have mad respect for Roger holding his ground on it.

Still cant believe Eldy tried to say its for the passion though

Imagine filming someone for hours, and seeing them taken care of while you are expected to just get product or something

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2022, 07:20:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Imagine filming someone for hours, and seeing them taken care of while you are expected to just get product or something

That really rubbed me the wrong way. I still have trouble listening to anything Eldridge has to say after that.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #707 on: September 09, 2022, 11:20:10 PM »

Agreed.

And also - if you’re tuning into the nine club episode 500,000 or whatever and suddenly expect it to do hard hitting 60 minutes skate journalism it’s like dude - they’re very established at what they are doing. It’s either for you or not so keep it moving. If you expected to tune in and see major controversy I don’t know what you’ve been watching. Like picking up the New York Post and getting angry when it doesn’t have thought provoking exposes on information theory or something. Barking up the wrong tree

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #708 on: September 18, 2022, 04:59:17 AM »
Cunts need to get Stecyk, Stacy peralta and George Powell on for some cute chats

jigga42

• Rep: -2
« Reply #709 on: September 18, 2022, 09:22:41 AM »
lol I actually like Steezus

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #710 on: September 18, 2022, 10:15:46 AM »
lol I actually like Steezus

A tragic

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #711 on: September 19, 2022, 08:54:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If the skateboarding you’re being filmed doing holds weight then it’s partially your responsibility to make sure that your filmer is being compensated fairly and well. At least that’s how I felt during the time I had any sort of relevance.. Kurt hayashi filmed the majority of what I did that was used, I made sure that he got taken care of for it, that was probably the one and only reasons I could’ve justified dropping “ATM” for “Santa Cruz” ATM did kurt dirty on footage they used of me, that was unacceptable.. plus, kurt was family, plus he wasted plenty of time and money filming with me before my footage was usable in any sort of video that mattered..
//////////

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #712 on: September 19, 2022, 09:44:56 PM »
i trust no adult with steeze in their vocabulary

What about stee

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #713 on: September 19, 2022, 11:26:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If the skateboarding you’re being filmed doing holds weight then it’s partially your responsibility to make sure that your filmer is being compensated fairly and well. At least that’s how I felt during the time I had any sort of relevance.. Kurt hayashi filmed the majority of what I did that was used, I made sure that he got taken care of for it, that was probably the one and only reasons I could’ve justified dropping “ATM” for “Santa Cruz” ATM did kurt dirty on footage they used of me, that was unacceptable.. plus, kurt was family, plus he wasted plenty of time and money filming with me before my footage was usable in any sort of video that mattered..
random and off topic but, just rewatched ‘sane’ for the first time in nearly 15 years when it popped up in my ‘suggested videos’ on youtube. are you the first person to nollie flip front board a handrail? seems highly likely. also, being that you had a clip in his firm part, can you give any sort of update on where matt beach is now or what he’s doing? dude was one of my favorites & then just sort of vanished. did you realize your name is spelled wrong in his ‘thanks’ section?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Eastcoastghostiii

• Rep: 2
« Reply #714 on: September 20, 2022, 11:33:18 AM »
Nine Club getting clowned in the youtube comment section of this clip:

Edit: Chris starts complaining around 40 sec mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdL7QgDfLw
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 11:43:46 AM by Eastcoastghostiii »

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #715 on: September 20, 2022, 12:16:20 PM »
Seems like some local skaters made Chris feel uncomfortable with his level or something

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #716 on: September 20, 2022, 12:24:45 PM »
lol @ the end when he says that the best advice he's been given for demos is to "not do anything first try".

Keep your cards close to your chest there, Chris.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2022, 01:08:53 PM »
lol @ the end when he says that the best advice he's been given for demos is to "not do anything first try".

Keep your cards close to your chest there, Chris.

he eventually parlayed that into not doing anything

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2022, 01:23:06 PM »

they kind of contradict themselves.  They say that it's annoying and you should let the pros have the show, but they recognized that a lot of shop kids want to get put on and it's okay too

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2022, 01:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

they kind of contradict themselves.  They say that it's annoying and you should let the pros have the show, but they recognized that a lot of shop kids want to get put on and it's okay too

Yo got it do it the right way! But also it's dope when you do things your own way