Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 321858 times)

Gunot and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2020, 03:03:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I could listen to a 3 hour Penny interview for sure!
[close]

we’d need subtitles but I’d back this
[close]

Subtitles?

The man could narrate documentaries. His speech (when sober) is THAT impeccable!

(I'm serious, he sounds like a professor at Oxford University)
[close]
he always sounds like Andre the French Giant when i've heard him speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Le6FVFvTI&t=62s

Tom can do no wrong.

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2020, 03:13:35 AM »
I am still looking forward to every Monday, but most of the time I am disappointed by the guest, but the recent Ronnie Sandoval Episode really got me hyped.
I would really like some older heads on the show rather than some of the young upcoming pros / ams.

I guess my top three dream episodes would be:

1.) Brent Atchley
2.) Ben Schroeder
3.) Tim O'Connor
support your local ramp-tramp

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2020, 04:11:38 AM »
I pretty much stopped watching when i found out that i hate hearing most skaters talk, but if the guest is interesting enough or if i'm bored enough then ill watch one.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2020, 04:36:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean there is only so many people to interview.  They probably should have kept the show to twice a month to make the content last longer.
[close]
They could get better guests if they tried. I stopped paying attention. The experience really is boring, they just argue about the dumbest shit.
[close]
So... it’s basically SLAP?!?
Cool! Maybe I’ll tune in.
[close]
Well minus the characters, humor, insane knowledge and insight into the minutiae of the culture that SLAP offers.

There at least 5 people more interesting on here then the fucks of the experience. Slap collectively has a higher skate IQ then that whole squad and it’s not even close. Also this place has some of the funniest things I’ve ever read in my entire life. I agree mr. sauce.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

dmemz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2020, 05:12:07 AM »
Yeah the Muska episode was maybe the last one where I was psyched when I saw it pop up.

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2020, 05:15:49 AM »
Duane Peters wouldn't be good but it might be like watching the aftermath of a horrible car crash.

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2020, 05:17:34 AM »
Duane Peters wouldn't be good but it might be like watching the aftermath of a horrible car crash.

Probably not a good idea to give this lunatic any kind of platform
support your local ramp-tramp

Agnarnomous

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2020, 05:19:29 AM »
The experience is kinda lame, but I'll watch highlights in YouTube if they talked about something I care about. I think the lesser known industry people can be kind of cool. Just lots of different perspectives and funny stories involving some legends. Some of them suck, but if you don't like it ..... Just don't watch it lol.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2020, 05:36:46 AM »
People I want on the show

Duane Pitre
Richard Mulder
Ben Fisher
Lenny Kirk
Joey Bast
SAD
Marcus McBride
The Bunt boys
Robbie Mcinley (sp?)
Coco Santiago
I need a coffee

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2020, 05:43:54 AM »
No complaints by me. I dig both shows.
I’d like more Roger input at times but whatever.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2020, 05:51:28 AM »
The experience is kinda lame, but I'll watch highlights in YouTube if they talked about something I care about. I think the lesser known industry people can be kind of cool. Just lots of different perspectives and funny stories involving some legends. Some of them suck, but if you don't like it ..... Just don't watch it lol.

The highlights infuriate me because they do actually well done in terms of production video reviews, but with people whose skate IQ is just not there. It’s like seeing professional level tape inside an NBA half time game, but instead of Gregg popovich or brad Stevens breaking down the footage it’s a fucking D2 college coach rundown at best, at best.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
TK 3:16

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2020, 05:59:22 AM »

Duane Pitre
Richard Mulder
Ben Fisher
Lenny Kirk
Joey Bast
SAD
Marcus McBride
The Bunt boys
Robbie Mcinley (sp?)
Coco Santiago
https://youtu.be/y5QX37Am5ZI

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2020, 06:03:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean there is only so many people to interview.  They probably should have kept the show to twice a month to make the content last longer.
[close]
They could get better guests if they tried. I stopped paying attention. The experience really is boring, they just argue about the dumbest shit.
[close]
So... it’s basically SLAP?!?
Cool! Maybe I’ll tune in.
[close]
Well minus the characters, humor, insane knowledge and insight into the minutiae of the culture that SLAP offers.
[close]

There at least 5 people more interesting on here then the fucks of the experience. Slap collectively has a higher skate IQ then that whole squad and it’s not even close. Also this place has some of the funniest things I’ve ever read in my entire life. I agree mr. sauce.

Echoing this sentiment. Slap is one of the last pieces of real internet. A wildly underappreciated hub of culture and there are characters on here that easily overshadow that of the nine club.

I have periodically listened to them. That being said, it's one of those youtube channels I pretend I don't watch.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2020, 06:04:11 AM »
legit still dig both shows, especially the experience. I like the bullshitting. Also the Dom Deluca episode was great. guy names names

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2020, 06:04:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Subtitles?

The man could narrate documentaries. His speech (when sober) is THAT impeccable!

[close]
[close]

Tom can do no wrong.

tom isn't fucking French but I do believe that's considered an insult in England. To be called French
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2020, 06:07:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Subtitles?

[close]
[close]

Tom can do no wrong.
[close]

tom isn't fucking French but I do believe that's considered an insult in England. To be called French
Don't know about that but I'd be into a Lucas Puig episode.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »
They need to somehow move on from the "tell your life story" format. Most of the interesting guest have been covered and the rest probably aren't down for it. The experience could be good if they didn't like literally everything, and shy away from any sort of controversial topic. Needs people who aren't afraid to say their opinions and stand behind them.

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2020, 06:17:26 AM »

Duane Pitre
Richard Mulder
Ben Fisher
Lenny Kirk
Joey Bast
SAD
Marcus McBride
The Bunt boys
Robbie Mcinley (sp?)
Coco Santiago
What about Henry Sanchez, Eric Koston, Trainwreck, Lavar Mcbride, Brad Johnson, Jahmal Williams, Erica Yary, Mike Maldonado, Pete Eldridge, Jay Strickland, Ramey Issa, Lupa fiasco, Quim Cardona, Jim Greco, Jeremy Klein, Heath Kirchart, Leo Romero, Rick Howard, Breena Geering, Ted Degros, Peter Smolik, Kerry Getz, I can keep going and going.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2020, 06:24:29 AM »
I haven’t listened to an episode in a long time but the Ronnie Sandoval episode I did. It seemed like a looser format than normal and I liked it. I didn’t stop listening when I saw the bunt had a new episode which on the rare occasions I listen to the nine club once junt episode comes out I listen to it and never finish nine club. I think kelly and roger should host and crib just chime in with some dumb shit randomly and it would be better. Experience I tried a few times it sucks. I feel skate fillet does a weekly skate news type show better and they usually get teams or people wrong and have misinformation but it’s less obnoxious than the experience.

I wouldn’t mind if how they always say they should bring a guest back. If they actually brought a few back skip over the how you start skating and pick up where they left off. I mean rowley started a company got a statue etc since last time he’s been on and even less well known guests may have done quite a bit since last nine club interview I’d rather get a catch up episode from someone cool than a new Miley Alfred type interview.

The bunt > every other skate podcast
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 06:27:07 AM by Murge »

Dr Dew

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2020, 06:29:15 AM »
crob personality is painful to experience. sometimes i truly want to smack him in the face and yell at him "act like a normal fucking human being you idiot!" however it's a free podcast, with tons of episodes, i don't feel pressed to listen to all of them or expect all that much from them.. some gonna be interesting, some gonna be boring with a couple interesting moments, some i couldnt care less about but thats okay. always easy to turn it off and listen to something else. their doing there thing. and quality has always been achieved through ruthlessly pumping out quantity in my opinion.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2020, 06:33:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Duane Pitre
Richard Mulder
Ben Fisher
Lenny Kirk
Joey Bast
SAD
Marcus McBride
The Bunt boys
Robbie Mcinley (sp?)
Coco Santiago
[close]
What about Henry Sanchez, Eric Koston, Trainwreck, Lavar Mcbride, Brad Johnson, Jahmal Williams, Erica Yary, Mike Maldonado, Pete Eldridge, Jay Strickland, Ramey Issa, Lupa fiasco, Quim Cardona, Jim Greco, Jeremy Klein, Heath Kirchart, Leo Romero, Rick Howard, Breena Geering, Ted Degros, Peter Smolik, Kerry Getz, I can keep going and going.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already had episodes filmed with some of these people that they haven't released yet. They film so far in advance. I get the hate for them being kinda kooky sometimes, but getting mad at them because they haven't had the people you want on the show yet is just silly. That's a never ending anger train, you could always just find someone else to complain about them not having on. Using this logic, the show would never be good until it had on every single person that you wanted.....

Cheetahshitpost

• Rep: 16
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2020, 06:35:05 AM »
Bro, they should have the big cat on the nine club, except they’d have to change the name to the 10+ club to accommodate my humongous wang. Except they would have to make it a radio show, because my secret identity cannot be revealed or it would blow all your tiny, pathetic minds to see how glorious and handsome and smart I am. I could drop a Ted talk on those fools with my genius level, quadruple digit skate IQ. I’d teach them how to have a Dylan-esque kickflip, but only using my words, because if I actually let them see my Dylan flips, everybody in the world would quit skating, and the big cat could not live with himself after that. After all, when you can do 720 ollies on flat, you don’t need to prove anything to anybody. Ever. I’m having sex right fucking now. And I’m a fucking genius, just don’t ask me any engineering questions, because I’m not that kind of an engineer.
Quote from: shit_for_brains on February 14, 2019, 12:05:24 PM
I want people surrounding AA like they do the last white rhino. Some Secret Service detail type stuff. Just to keep him safe from this harsh world.
“Big Money
Big Cars
TK 3:19

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2020, 06:39:03 AM »
Shut up.

Expand Quote

Duane Pitre
Richard Mulder
Ben Fisher
Lenny Kirk
Joey Bast
SAD
Marcus McBride
The Bunt boys
Robbie Mcinley (sp?)
Coco Santiago
[close]
Seems like a lot of the potential guests with notable  request rates don't even want to go on, it's been nothing but fillers from deals with Volcom and such. Jeremy Klein and Heath Kirchart? Highly unlikely.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The fact that people sit through "the experience" is sad. Not just as a metaphor. Rad dad bored on ritalin type of shit.
[close]
I personally like the experience.
[close]

The Weck Experience was gold. They need to get him back for another one.
Earlier Weck days before he fizzled out - that one I watched. Comedy gold, they let him shit on everything. He was real in that.

Prefer to pepper throughout. Episodes like Muska's, not going to miss those. Ragdoll was a good one. Haven't clicked since.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2020, 06:39:38 AM »
I thought in the new one guest Dom said something
about Don Brown asking him to be on the show,
does Sole Tech sponsor or produce Nine Club
other than Kelly’s és affiliation in any way?

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2020, 06:42:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Duane Pitre
Richard Mulder
Ben Fisher
Lenny Kirk
Joey Bast
SAD
Marcus McBride
The Bunt boys
Robbie Mcinley (sp?)
Coco Santiago
[close]
[close]

I wouldn't be surprised if they already had episodes filmed with some of these people that they haven't released yet. They film so far in advance. I get the hate for them being kinda kooky sometimes, but getting mad at them because they haven't had the people you want on the show yet is just silly. That's a never ending anger train, you could always just find someone else to complain about them not having on. Using this logic, the show would never be good until it had on every single person that you wanted.....
Im not mad but some of their recent guests are boring.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2020, 06:53:22 AM »
No complaints by me. I dig both shows.
I’d like more Roger input at times but whatever.
Roger's input is the only one worth a fuck between them. Crob knows this, and uses his insecurity to silence him at times. He will say something sensible, and if crob deems it out of line/unmatched with his perspective, makes lowkey jabs at his slight speech impediment to make him repeat himself. Not all the time, but it's there. He's a sneaky rat, being around anyone like that would make one thirsty for a dozen beers.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2020, 07:03:12 AM »
I was a regular on the 9 club but kinda bummed out on 80% of the the recent guests. I guess they are running out of Muska level pros to interview. I had been watching every experience for a long time but even that has started to drop off the radar. Lately I just find myself scrubbing through the whole shit talk for the first 30 mins and look for a video thumbnail in corner to stop FFing and watch a review. The raffle at the end is always an insta-close. Even then, watching them scrutinize the finesse in some filler trick for 5 minutes is getting old, they always say the same shit 'sooo goood'. Thats not a review, thats a circle jerk. Hell even the listener call ins are the same fucking people lately, and the others who are screened generally ask dumb safe questions that get the panel  to talk about themselves. Crob is starting to get a bit full of himself, he really does think hes the shit and it shows. I'm sure he tells himself its his joke persona but I'm not buying it. Any time someone sucks their dick with a compliment he looks like the energizer bunny who just got a fresh set of batteries and he always gets this annoyed look when people dont pamper his ego or ask a slightly edgy question.

I think they might be getting a bit stale with the format and they don't know where to take it. Their growing egos are at risk of elevating too far and blowing it. You would think they were pulling millions of views per episode with the rock star vibes coming from that lounge room.

All that aside, reviews without critique are pointless. Needs more edge / risk / burns. Safe is boring. The 9 club has some edgy shit in it like how Ragdoll was ragging on Chief being a cunt, but the experience lacks that grit and will fail if they can't work a way to get it in there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:06:55 AM by hateboard »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2020, 07:13:32 AM »
yal be on this shit every week nine club don't have a guest whose board you bought in highschool

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2020, 07:18:42 AM »
Ronnie Sandovals was super good.

Professor Schmidts should be watched by every skateboarder in my opinion.

Its too formulaic.   Unless the guest offers up great stories or banter, or if its not someone you're already into, it can suck.   

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2020, 07:20:42 AM »
A Penny episode is never happening. There's no way that man will sit down on front of multiple cameras for an extended period of time. Would love to be proven wrong though.