Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 321786 times)

shredflanders and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2020, 07:21:51 AM »
ironically the 9 club has become the biggest bunt in skateboarding. From muska to ragdoll to a bitter shop owner blatantly lying for 3 hours and claiming hes putting LA on his back despite also admitting nobody really fucks with him.

The Bunt needs a video component, Vans has some extra money from cancelling all events for 2020 give it to those guys. There would be no reason for the nine club to exist if this happens.

Not sure how anyone listens to the experience. A bunch of insanely uninformed adults (including one who calls himself steezus christ) arguing over really dumb shit but somehow all being wrong. Roger has checked out entirely and is just riding the wave of $1 donations in hopes of winning a darkstar board or some garrett hill pants. ya blew it fellas. the whole beagle smoking meth at the spot shit was pretty funny though but not in a good way.

free max b

FREE MAX B

must be nice

• Rep: 8
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2020, 07:31:12 AM »
it frustrates me to see kelly struggle to express himself because he lacks the vocabulary. how do you get out whats in your head with only dude,like,bro. should that not be a basic requirement of a talk show.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 07:46:45 AM »
Bro, they should have the big cat on the nine club, except they’d have to change the name to the 10+ club to accommodate my humongous wang. Except they would have to make it a radio show, because my secret identity cannot be revealed or it would blow all your tiny, pathetic minds to see how glorious and handsome and smart I am. I could drop a Ted talk on those fools with my genius level, quadruple digit skate IQ. I’d teach them how to have a Dylan-esque kickflip, but only using my words, because if I actually let them see my Dylan flips, everybody in the world would quit skating, and the big cat could not live with himself after that. After all, when you can do 720 ollies on flat, you don’t need to prove anything to anybody. Ever. I’m having sex right fucking now. And I’m a fucking genius, just don’t ask me any engineering questions, because I’m not that kind of an engineer.

You realize when you try to troll a troll who outmatches all others, you essentially feed him right? Like I’m gonna keep gnarring you every single day you have this account my friend. Shalom false Big Cat.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2020, 08:11:01 AM »
you guys are insane and probably don't have a clue of what it takes to organize something like this

even the neal mims episode was entertaining
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2020, 08:18:15 AM »
The most entertaining episodes for me have been the older guys but it seems like they need older hosts to interview them properly. Roger probably has the highest skate IQ but I want to go deeper down the wormhole of 80s skate history
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

D10S

• Rep: -51
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2020, 08:24:31 AM »
the fact that the 9 club has not fizzled out like the other podcasts deserves recognition.

i thought kelly was aaight until he started with the milk, that's when i got why they kept ganging up on him.

but yeah, the pod got stale.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:30 AM »
I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed every episode even as of late...the Ronnie episode was sick af...there’s been a lot of people I never even heard of but they always turn out be interesting af...you’re probably not giving them a chance.

Also there’s over 700,000 podcasts on the Apple OS..just listen to something else
I find it hard to believe anyone enjoyed that Jason Jesse episode. I couldn't make it 5 minutes.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2020, 08:38:51 AM »
you guys are insane and probably don't have a clue of what it takes to organize something like this

The highlights infuriate me because they do actually well done in terms of production video reviews, but with people whose skate IQ is just not there. It’s like seeing professional level tape inside an NBA half time game, but instead of Gregg popovich or brad Stevens breaking down the footage it’s a fucking D2 college coach rundown at best, at best.

I don’t quote myself often, but I’m pretty sure people understand how hard it is to organize it and the likes. It’s just everything else involved is garbage. Like u can have the most insane organizational things go down with an NBA franchise, but unless you have a good head coach/star players, it’s pretty much fucking useless.

Edit: like just for a minute imagine if they replaced crob with Rodney and kelly with someone genuinely entertaining with some skate IQ like idk dill
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:41:19 AM by cheetahsheets »

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
TK 3:16

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2020, 08:46:04 AM »

Agree its consistently a good work listen.  Justin comes across as a stoner/jock/dick though he needs to go and Roger should talk 75% more than he does.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2020, 08:59:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Agree its consistently a good work listen.  Justin comes across as a stoner/jock/dick though he needs to go and Roger should talk 75% more than he does.

yeah I agree.  not a fan of justin

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:02 AM »
Pretty sure even when they have really exciting and interesting people on the show they still ask the same boring, bland, soft ball questions.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2020, 09:23:37 AM »
Expand Quote
I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed every episode even as of late...the Ronnie episode was sick af...there’s been a lot of people I never even heard of but they always turn out be interesting af...you’re probably not giving them a chance.

Also there’s over 700,000 podcasts on the Apple OS..just listen to something else
[close]
I find it hard to believe anyone enjoyed that Jason Jesse episode. I couldn't make it 5 minutes.

Putting the speed to 2x helped that one greatly.

I like the experience. Am I gonna be glued to it the entire time? Probably not, but having it in the back while having a taster/bottle share with homies or doing laundry or some shit is good to go. Sure the Crob crop and the same 11 year old weekly caller can get old, but all in all it still entertains me and keeps me up to date. I back Eldy. He makes me laugh and I appreciate when he talks a lil shit.

vape culture

• Rep: 2
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
blows my mind how chris is pro

butt

• Rep: 4
  • i am butt.
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2020, 11:25:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I could listen to a 3 hour Penny interview for sure!
[close]

we’d need subtitles but I’d back this
[close]

Subtitles?

The man could narrate documentaries. His speech (when sober) is THAT impeccable!

(I'm serious, he sounds like a professor at Oxford University)
[close]
he always sounds like Andre the French Giant when i've heard him speak.
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Le6FVFvTI&t=62s

Tom can do no wrong.

I'm surprised and impressed, but why is there only audio in the right ear? Can Transworld do anything right?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:29:05 AM by butt »

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2020, 11:55:32 AM »
blows my mind how chris is pro

how old are you

Cheetahshitpost

• Rep: 16
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
Bro, the big cat doesn’t quote himself often, but when he does, he does it all the fucking time because the big cat is a well-sexed genius. I can’t even go on the experience, because it would just be Steezus giving me props for three hours straight on account of all the sex I make with an ebony goddess. I’m so highly educated, I can’t even spell right. You don’t even know how good the big cat is at organizing podcasts, because y’all don’t even go to raves and party hard like David Loy and the Big Cat. One time, the big cat took a big shot of sour puss and danced so hard that all the girls in Nyjah’s pool slumped over into positions of submission to demand court with my monumental, magnificent member. But that’s not how the big cat gets down, so I threw on my Lebrons, did a Dylan-esque kickflip out the door while ejaculating everywhere, and rode home on a trail of jizz like the silver surfer. Andy Anderson is the next Dylan Rieder.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:58:14 AM by Cheetahshitpost »
Quote from: shit_for_brains on February 14, 2019, 12:05:24 PM
I want people surrounding AA like they do the last white rhino. Some Secret Service detail type stuff. Just to keep him safe from this harsh world.
“Big Money
Big Cars
TK 3:19

Kylo Send

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2020, 12:05:45 PM »
The 9 club gets dissed on here often and it seems their view count is still doing well. So I wish them the best, hope the show has continued success, but I never watch for the same reasons everyone has mentioned...I just check their IG and watch experience highlights every so often.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2020, 12:05:57 PM »
its insane that I read that whole entire thing and it didn't even occur to me that it was a fake post.  that's how out of touch with reality that dude is

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »
If they'd interview Wheatberry I'd watch this thing for the first time in my life.

squintharder

« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2020, 01:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
The fact that people sit through "the experience" is sad. Not just as a metaphor. Rad dad bored on ritalin type of shit.
[close]
I personally like the experience.

So are you 14 or are are you 14?

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2020, 02:05:57 PM »
Bro, the big cat doesn’t quote himself often, but when he does, he does it all the fucking time because the big cat is a well-sexed genius. I can’t even go on the experience, because it would just be Steezus giving me props for three hours straight on account of all the sex I make with an ebony goddess. I’m so highly educated, I can’t even spell right. You don’t even know how good the big cat is at organizing podcasts, because y’all don’t even go to raves and party hard like David Loy and the Big Cat. One time, the big cat took a big shot of sour puss and danced so hard that all the girls in Nyjah’s pool slumped over into positions of submission to demand court with my monumental, magnificent member. But that’s not how the big cat gets down, so I threw on my Lebrons, did a Dylan-esque kickflip out the door while ejaculating everywhere, and rode home on a trail of jizz like the silver surfer. Andy Anderson is the next Dylan Rieder.

Now you, you I like
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2020, 02:06:57 PM »
I usually back the nine club, but a lot of their guests for the last several months have been boring as hell with a few exceptions (Ian Michna episode was great). Experience is only good if you're doing something else for the entirety of the episode and you just want background noise. Eldy has got to go. Love his skating, for real. His pretty sweet footy is super good and I was glad to see he was still killing it back then, but he is a total dumbass. Out of touch with what others go through. I will still keep an eye on the guest they have but its been a minute since i listened to a whole episode.

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2020, 02:13:08 PM »
I honestly don't mind it - I find new people that i never would have even bothered to find out about on there.

Personally my list for interviews I'd like to see

1. Heath Kirchart (Likely wouldn't happen)
2. Jeremy Klein (He's such an asshole but I love it, probably would rip Crob open)
3. Jay Strickland (I wanna know more about the Baker/Bootleg split/beef.)
4. Figgy (It's Figgy.)
5. Jon Dickson (Same as above)
6. Trainwreck (Likely to never happen...)
7. Vinny Vegas (Kinda vanished without a trace)
8. Slash (For the luls)
9. TK (Shalom)
10. Baca (Never really heard him talk)

Probably more I could think of.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2020, 02:46:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Now you, you I like

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2020, 02:51:02 PM »
I honestly don't mind it - I find new people that i never would have even bothered to find out about on there.

2. Jeremy Klein (He's such an asshole but I love it, probably would rip Crob open)
4. Figgy (It's Figgy.)
8. Slash (For the luls)
9. TK (Shalom)

chewie? he just makes weird noises that only han solo can understand.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

ItsNoUse

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2020, 02:54:59 PM »
Expand Quote

4. Figgy (It's Figgy.)
8. Slash (For the luls)
9. TK (Shalom)

[close]
chewie? he just makes weird noises that only han solo can understand.

If I could rep you, I surely would.

Very shalom.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »

4. Figgy (It's Figgy.)
8. Slash (For the luls)
9. TK (Shalom)

TK had an interview, was he not Shalom’d at that time? And pretty sure they said something about Figgy saying how he hit his dome too much filming for an interview. Need Fred Gall and J Strickland.

ItsNoUse

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2020, 03:01:16 PM »
Expand Quote

4. Figgy (It's Figgy.)
8. Slash (For the luls)
9. TK (Shalom)

[close]

TK had an interview, was he not Shalom’d at that time? And pretty sure they said something about Figgy saying how he hit his dome too much filming for an interview. Need Fred Gall and J Strickland.

Shit, didn't even see the TK one. I'll have to watch that one tonight.

I mean I'd think Figgy could still talk for an hour

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »
I get it that you can’t hit a home run every time, but  it has been pretty lackluster as of late. Still a good show overall. The Experience is unlistenable. Eldridge and Steezus are insufferable. The other three have a decent dynamic on the regular show. The quality of the guests is so crucial though.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:12:26 PM by Salsa Verde »

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »
I fucks with da 9 club heavy
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"