Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367096 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2280 on: December 29, 2023, 12:39:23 PM »
I have never made it through an episode of hawk v wolf (should be Tony v Jason) but for Heath I'll try.

Banned from the room

« Reply #2281 on: December 29, 2023, 05:50:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wonder if those guys are butthurt that heath went on hawks pod before theirs
[close]

I think Koston as well.
[close]

My co worker had a pretty good point on this, you think Hawk is maybe giving away some kind of financial compensation to be a guest on his show? Well I mean it’s also Tony hawks podcast I bet the publicity alone is worth the interview process, I wouldn’t be surprised if the hawk man gave them some kind of perk to be on his show, shit I’d much rather expand my brand by going on the hawk pod rather than the milquetoast club
[close]

I get the impression a lot of skaters don’t like talking about themselves all that much.  They don’t have to worry as much on Hawk’s podcast because it generally sticks to 60 minutes and 45 of those are Jason Ellis talking about himself.
[close]

I'd definitely talk to Tony and Ellis if I was pro interviewing.
Even if the interview goes poorly I feel like I could unlock a million accidental show ideas in less than 45 minutes.

I'd really like to meet Ellis too. He's kinda fuckin awesome. I feel like my dad went to Australia and had a 3rd kid in secret.

With a 7' tall woman tho.
[close]

When they don't have a guest  I actually like Ellis shooting the shit with Tony when it is just the two of them.  My problem with him is he's an absolutely terrible interviewer.  On re-listen of the Kirchart interview though I have may been too harsh.  Heath didn't seem to want to talk at all, period, so I guess the dead air had to be filled.

It's because Ellis asks the right questions sometimes.

I haven't watched the interview yet. A new season of what if just dropped on Disney minus.

biaherl

• Rep: 270
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2282 on: December 31, 2023, 01:39:51 PM »
All the big daddy Ben followers are gonna be squirmin' in their panties tomorrow

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
  • sup dog
« Reply #2283 on: December 31, 2023, 05:32:53 PM »
All the big daddy Ben followers are gonna be squirmin' in their panties tomorrow

Well I hope that includes you, too. Everyone deserves to squirm in their panties every now and then.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #2284 on: December 31, 2023, 05:41:42 PM »
I’m out of touch, why are so many people crazy about Ben DeGros? I see his IG show up In suggested posts every now and then. Is it the “everyman” appeal, or does he have some output aside from skate clips that people follow?

When I see him pop up, it just makes me sad that there’s not more Ted DeGros footage for us all to get our meaty little paws on…

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 58
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #2285 on: December 31, 2023, 05:58:31 PM »
I’m out of touch, why are so many people crazy about Ben DeGros? I see his IG show up In suggested posts every now and then. Is it the “everyman” appeal, or does he have some output aside from skate clips that people follow?

When I see him pop up, it just makes me sad that there’s not more Ted DeGros footage for us all to get our meaty little paws on…

This is word for word what I was thinking, right down to the out of touch bit

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #2286 on: January 01, 2024, 08:10:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

YouTube channel. Five years worth of friendly Canadian smooth talking, breaking down every imaginable pieces of way to think about skateboarding and its parts.

Come for the “what are steep boards good for” and “Indy vs Thunder”, and stay for the para-social friendship you’ll form after years of watching.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2287 on: January 01, 2024, 08:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
YouTube channel. Five years worth of friendly Canadian smooth talking, breaking down every imaginable pieces of way to think about skateboarding and its parts.

Come for the “what are steep boards good for” and “Indy vs Thunder”, and stay for the para-social friendship you’ll form after years of watching.

this and Im not much of a fanboy but he does go in depth with certain nerdy things that others wouldnt really always think about

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Monolithic Flick

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2288 on: January 01, 2024, 09:41:06 AM »
About an hour and twenty in he mentions “slap heads.”  I like Ben and am enjoying this one.

I also want Kelly’s hoodie that he’s wearing. 

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #2289 on: January 01, 2024, 09:49:20 AM »
longer than i expected it to be. ben was trying so hard to steer it and bring it back in to original questions. theres a point like 2hrs in where its silent and Crob just says ‘but man………………………..YOUTUBE………… ’ and i wanted to shoot myself

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 835
« Reply #2290 on: January 01, 2024, 10:15:03 AM »
About an hour and twenty in he mentions “slap heads.”  I like Ben and am enjoying this one.

I also want Kelly’s hoodie that he’s wearing.

Ben knows there are gear heads on here who are equal to or perhaps more knowledgeable than he about equipment.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2291 on: January 01, 2024, 12:35:28 PM »
longer than i expected it to be. ben was trying so hard to steer it and bring it back in to original questions. theres a point like 2hrs in where its silent and Crob just says ‘but man………………………..YOUTUBE………… ’ and i wanted to shoot myself

Does he mention how he finds it soooo interesting because there’s a whole world of people that live on there?

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #2292 on: January 01, 2024, 01:17:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Does he mention how he finds it soooo interesting because there’s a whole world of people that live on there?

‘i just find it FASCINATING ya know…..’

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #2293 on: January 01, 2024, 01:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

‘i just find it FASCINATING ya know…..’
“Bro. Come on.”

(I love nine club, but there are def phrases you can count on, lol)

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2294 on: January 01, 2024, 02:48:21 PM »
That was a good one. Appreciated the skate nerd stuff.

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2295 on: January 01, 2024, 04:53:10 PM »
I actually did dreamt a situation where ben would explain all that truck fuss to chris and it happened like i imagined!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3375
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2296 on: January 01, 2024, 05:26:22 PM »
I actually did dreamt a situation where ben would explain all that truck fuss to chris and it happened like i imagined!

This feels like one of Rene Zelwiger’s character’s lines in Cold Mountain.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2297 on: January 01, 2024, 08:34:27 PM »
how's kelly trying to remember "one of the best skaters to ever come out of canada" and rog interrupts with "andy anderson". i thought rog was kind of alright when he was on the show, but unless people are asking him to say shit - he should just kind of be quiet.

ben's a cool dude. edit: really appreciate him wanting to finish points/ideas/conversations and not getting pushed into some other topic halfway through saying what he's trying to say.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 09:05:58 PM by bob george »
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1974
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2298 on: January 01, 2024, 10:28:36 PM »
Half way through, Ben obviously took notes from previous guests and made an effort to steer the conversation back to the original question. Loved hearing about his brother Ted and riding for Status skateboards, used to love their decks.

He wasn't kidding when he said Ted had a great 360 flip and Nollie FS Heelflip, great choice of song too (Chicken Bone Circuit by RJD2)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2299 on: January 01, 2024, 11:53:37 PM »
Ben handled it with grace like a boss. Was pleasant but in control of moving things along. Good episode.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #2300 on: January 06, 2024, 12:30:29 PM »

Willy Santos was one of my faves growing up.

Got round to watching this today. Good episode. Willy remembers a lot from back in the day.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #2301 on: January 06, 2024, 02:10:55 PM »
I listened to Navarrette’s and it was great. He’s so funny, even if the whole thing was all over the place.

Again though, I wished they touched on stuff like rumble in Ramona, creature’s success, etc.

Weird to hear people are talking shit on him bc he’s taking care of himself. Kook shit

Banned from the room

« Reply #2302 on: January 06, 2024, 05:00:20 PM »
I wanna send the most 80s looking Harry Hard body male stripper to deliver Crobs take out naked so badly.

That rant really brothered me.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2303 on: January 06, 2024, 05:30:57 PM »
Ben Degros > Crob

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2304 on: January 06, 2024, 05:56:32 PM »
I wanna send the most 80s looking Harry Hard body male stripper to deliver Crobs take out naked so badly.

When I was listening to it while making food I said out loud “what in the fuck?” In some ways I feel like everyone on that show are really shitty oblivious human beings.

Banned from the room

« Reply #2305 on: January 06, 2024, 09:45:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When I was listening to it while making food I said out loud “what in the fuck?” In some ways I feel like everyone on that show are really shitty oblivious human beings.

I was just thinking ahhh damn. I'm clean enough to walk food safely. If I lived on the beach I'd never be in a shirt.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2306 on: January 06, 2024, 10:45:25 PM »

Please elaborate for those who can’t tolerate all of crob

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2307 on: January 07, 2024, 09:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What episode are you talking about ?
check my music

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #2308 on: January 07, 2024, 02:40:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Willy Santos was one of my faves growing up.
[close]

Got round to watching this today. Good episode. Willy remembers a lot from back in the day.

This was the perfect episode for Kelly and jeron . While Kelly’s skate nerdiness gets annoying , hearing how he sent Willy money for stickers back in the day was adorable and really reminds you how cool skateboarding is.

Hearing kelch say Willy was too nice to have gotten bullied at emb is amazing. He was ahead of my time but the first thing that comes to mind when you think Willy santos is a smile.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #2309 on: January 07, 2024, 02:59:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What episode are you talking about ?
i think they’re talking about on the last experience show when chris was saying that he doesn’t like using doordash because the people picking up/dropping off your food are typically dressed very casually. it was a really stupid take that seemed sarcastic at first (or maybe i was just hoping it was) until quickly realizing he was being completely serious. i mean if it was some super shady tweaker delivering your food that isn’t sealed then i guess there’s room for a concern or discomfort but, he was literally just talking about people wearing flip flops/hawaiian shirts. kelly or jeron actually said “…but you live right next to the beach”.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts