Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 346820 times)

NorthSideHuevos and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2790 on: March 22, 2024, 05:48:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it was shared around slap that crail pros all made $3k per month guaranteed, and if they all got cut in half now that would be $1.5k
[close]

If you’re not making enough to pay your employees you don’t deserve to be in business. Regardless of the industry. Glad Chico got out and is doing well for himself.
[close]

They probably were still paying their actual employees on time. Sadly, the riders are all contractors and it’s a lot easier not to pay them on time without penalty. Not saying that’s cool, but that’s the reason why we hear stories about riders getting paid late all the time.
[close]

This is why pro/am skateboarders need a union. It’s absurd they go without healthcare and rely on a handshake to get paid at this point in the industry. Not to mention having virtually no exit plan or retirement package after spending their formative years breaking themselves off to help a company sell product.

Does the pron industry have unions?

Dad Board

• Rep: 69
« Reply #2791 on: March 22, 2024, 10:25:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think it was shared around slap that crail pros all made $3k per month guaranteed, and if they all got cut in half now that would be $1.5k
[close]

If you’re not making enough to pay your employees you don’t deserve to be in business. Regardless of the industry. Glad Chico got out and is doing well for himself.
[close]

They probably were still paying their actual employees on time. Sadly, the riders are all contractors and it’s a lot easier not to pay them on time without penalty. Not saying that’s cool, but that’s the reason why we hear stories about riders getting paid late all the time.
[close]

This is why pro/am skateboarders need a union. It’s absurd they go without healthcare and rely on a handshake to get paid at this point in the industry. Not to mention having virtually no exit plan or retirement package after spending their formative years breaking themselves off to help a company sell product.
[close]

Does the pron industry have unions?

Of course! https://shrimpalliance.com/

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2792 on: March 22, 2024, 12:58:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm sure the industryheads won't let it get that far, they have their ways, like the time they caught the ferry over to shelbyville.

Dad Board

« Reply #2793 on: March 22, 2024, 01:12:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm sure the industryheads won't let it get that far, they have their ways, like the time they caught the ferry over to shelbyville.

I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. There’s too many young people who would give anything just to get free product and some attention. To them it’s like winning the lottery to be selected to represent a company, and in a way it is. Just sucks because it’s a bunch of old guys running the show who know better and don’t see any need for reform. It would take some kind of legislation to qualify skaters as employees rather than contractors.

rkulla

• Rep: -78
    • IG avatar image
« Reply #2794 on: March 22, 2024, 01:50:06 PM »
Timestamps
00:00:00 Brian Reid & Jack Curtin
00:01:39 Eggs (the spot)
00:01:56 How does Jack stay young?
00:03:30 How did Jack and Brian meet
00:04:13 How Brian got on DGK
00:05:48 Jack's New Balance Pulaski shoe
00:08:33 Jack leaving DGK for Skate Mental then going back to DGK
00:18:28 Maneuvering in the industry as an older skater
00:20:53 Brian going pro
00:31:45 The return of iconic spots
00:36:32 Getting hooked up by New Balance
00:42:25 The DC tour days
00:46:49 Jack on Fallen Footwear
00:54:07 Jamie Thomas has Jack's back
00:55:41 Zero x DGK fresh til death tour
00:56:20 Jack going to japan with FTC
01:05:29 Tampa contests
01:06:18 Jack barfing up burgers that Lutzka bought him
01:12:31 Kelly "the man skater" Hart
01:19:36 Jack getting on Lucky Skateboards
01:26:31 Brian in the Raw video
01:32:03 Basmati Brian
01:34:54 Brian plays the sax
01:36:42 How did Brian find skateboarding
01:41:25 Kelly immortalized
01:47:10 The NB we got now commercial with Jack
☮❤🛹

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 64
« Reply #2795 on: March 22, 2024, 02:47:55 PM »
Timestamps

I’m assuming this means there’s a Jackson Curtin episode?

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2796 on: March 22, 2024, 03:09:57 PM »
Just finished the Chico episode, really good. I like when skateboarders talk candidly. I also think the show isn't that bad. I took a break for a few years and all the episodes I've heard so far are great. But I also pick and choose what guests I want to listen to.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2797 on: March 22, 2024, 05:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Timestamps
[close]

I’m assuming this means there’s a Jackson Curtin episode?

haha right? Just started rifling off time stamps

But judging by the IG posts a while back it looks like both Curtain and Reid which is sick

Thanks for the time stamps Kulla

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #2798 on: March 23, 2024, 07:08:47 AM »
it literally says “00:00 Brian Reid & Jack Curtin” in the post you both quoted
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2799 on: March 23, 2024, 07:21:20 AM »
it literally says “00:00 Brian Reid & Jack Curtin” in the post you both quoted

oh I know, but the dude i am responding to may have taken that as a group of people talking about Brian Reid and Jack Curtain

best not to assume, but be helpful I reckon

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2800 on: March 23, 2024, 09:22:17 AM »
I wanna see a Jeffwon episode.

They hate me over there haha also I would have next to nothing to contribute towards the financial questions on the show which seems to be the recurring theme.

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2801 on: March 23, 2024, 01:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They hate me over there haha also I would have next to nothing to contribute towards the financial questions on the show which seems to be the recurring theme.

Maybe if you wouldn’t have complained about not being on the show, you might have got invited. But I’m sure at this point you burned that bridge.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 45
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #2802 on: March 23, 2024, 02:19:00 PM »
How tf do you get on the nine club’s bad side. They let an actual nazi come on the show

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #2803 on: March 23, 2024, 02:45:22 PM »
I’ve noticed Chris is far less submissive to critics these days. He likes to fire off at people fucking with his live chat. I can imagine if you’re on his naughty list, you ain’t getting off it any time soon.

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2804 on: March 23, 2024, 03:59:44 PM »
Chris Roberts please stop saying “everything happens for a reason”.

Everything does not.

Most things happen for no reason, or at least no reason that sits within either causal logic (this led to that) or / and something happened because of a predetermined outcome (‘starting your own brand was always going to work’ is easy to say when the brand has worked).

“Everything happens for a reason” is very insulting to the majority of the world who live daily with hardships that are no fault of their own.

Mass shootings, having your neighbourhood bombed, drowning at sea while trying to seek asylum, sexual violence, genocide, hunger, terminal illness, genetic disease, stray bullets, mass layoffs, foreclosure… etc.

The problem is, podcast hosts only say “everything happens for a reason” to describe an upturn in fortunes.

What Roberts means to say is, “good things can come out of bad situations”.

Or like resident human-centric host Kelly Hart likes to say: “it was a blessing in disguise”.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #2805 on: March 23, 2024, 09:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What do you do for work?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2806 on: March 24, 2024, 09:43:06 PM »
How tf do you get on the nine club’s bad side. They let an actual nazi come on the show
lol

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #2807 on: March 25, 2024, 11:49:05 AM »
So sick that Brian is into anime. Like I didnt like this dude enough.

shredflanders

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2808 on: March 28, 2024, 01:52:41 AM »
Also would love to start seeing a word count from Jeron after each ep. Dude probably said less than 20 with SVD but the lutz seems to break him out of his shell. Weird

I've been lurking here for a few years, but had to reply to this.

From Henry Sanchez Nine Club, starting at 3m15s; Dubz' hella word count just to ask, "What was skating in the early days at EMB like?"

"Skateboarding’s come so far, since then, obviously and a lot of tricks that we probably were like “nah shit ain’t gonna never be done” are being done now. You know? Um. But what made, what for you, in a sense of like how EMB was… just… transpiring to what it was, like, being that you’re probably one of the guys, when it was first kind of like, you know, on the undertaking of being like, what it was. How was that and how did that come about? You know what I mean? Of you just skating there? You know what I mean? Like…."

It hurt my brain just listening to it.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #2809 on: March 28, 2024, 05:23:48 AM »
Sometimes Jeron startles me cuz he'll be dead silent for like 20 minutes and then suddenly just repeat something the guest said but in a weird raspy voice.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -32
« Reply #2810 on: March 28, 2024, 11:07:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It's unfortunate for sure but it's not exactly absurd look at the WWE. All the shit your saying people have been saying about that industry for decades and the shits never happening. If a billion dollar sports entertainment company can find away around insuring there athletes and paying them a decent/consistent wage, there ain't a fucking chance that shit is ever coming to skateboarding. Wether they backed by a union or not. Too many snakes in the money side of skateboarding for that ever to happen.

Dad Board

« Reply #2811 on: March 28, 2024, 12:27:51 PM »
gonna have to watch the live show because they’re discussing the Rocco reemergence. Preparing for Chris to act like it’s gonna be a huge industry shakeup, Jeron to leave it open ended but he’s excited to see what happens, and Kelly to be extremely neutral because of his industry allegiance but also to laugh and remark about how “Rocco did some crazy stuff dude”

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2812 on: March 28, 2024, 01:10:47 PM »
gonna have to watch the live show because they’re discussing the Rocco reemergence. Preparing for Chris to act like it’s gonna be a huge industry shakeup, Jeron to leave it open ended but he’s excited to see what happens, and Kelly to be extremely neutral because of his industry allegiance but also to laugh and remark about how “Rocco did some crazy stuff dude”
i don’t even have to watch it anymore because that’s exactly how it’s gonna go

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #2813 on: March 28, 2024, 01:31:30 PM »
You really didn’t have to go and ruin the whole episode, did you?
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #2814 on: March 28, 2024, 07:01:45 PM »

Everything does not.

Most things happen for no reason, or at least no reason that sits within either causal logic (this led to that) or / and something happened because of a predetermined outcome (‘starting your own brand was always going to work’ is easy to say when the brand has worked).

“Everything happens for a reason” is very insulting to the majority of the world who live daily with hardships that are no fault of their own.

Mass shootings, having your neighbourhood bombed, drowning at sea while trying to seek asylum, sexual violence, genocide, hunger, terminal illness, genetic disease, stray bullets, mass layoffs, foreclosure… etc.

The problem is, podcast hosts only say “everything happens for a reason” to describe an upturn in fortunes.

Or like resident human-centric host Kelly Hart likes to say: “it was a blessing in disguise”.
Dude, it’s like a double edged sword.

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #2815 on: March 28, 2024, 11:10:29 PM »

Accurate rundown.

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #2816 on: March 29, 2024, 12:26:26 AM »
Expand Quote

Everything does not.

[close]
Dude, it’s like a double edged sword.

Nice.

Don’t forget, it’s really fascinating too!

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2817 on: March 31, 2024, 05:53:12 PM »
anyone with a membership, is there an episode tomorrow or another week off? they haven’t posted anything.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Jum Diggins

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2818 on: March 31, 2024, 06:38:05 PM »
anyone with a membership, is there an episode tomorrow or another week of? they haven’t posted anything.

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #2819 on: April 01, 2024, 10:00:39 AM »
anyone with a membership, is there an episode tomorrow or another week off? they haven’t posted anything.

Nothing…
Except Crob’s side hustle promoting the new ave shoe