Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 347337 times)

augustmoon and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2970 on: April 15, 2024, 03:31:39 PM »

I can't say I was a fan of Joey Suriel out of all of the Menace guys but I do love this era. I am sure people will get pissed on Chris since I am already catching Joey saying "and I am a get to that" but so far a good episode.

Word ya heard
Soarin through the air like a bird
Word ya heard
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #2971 on: April 15, 2024, 03:34:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^ How many times are you going to edit your post, weirdo? We all get the point you’re trying to make.
[close]

Thank god. Everyone on here thinking I'm defending TNC when all i've been doing is defending myself... Guess that part is over now. I'm sure no one will take a snippet and run with it. G'night all. Have a good one.
[close]

i will fully concede to clowning on you in the past, and i want to apologize. as long as you don't have kids, im not going to fault you for the decisions you make. i think it's wrong of chris roberts and roger to take advantage of you, especially if they're taking college tuition from your children, but that isn't my piece to speak on on the internet.

i hope you get some help, i hope you find some happiness, and i hope that you're doing okay. and if you are - there's a lot of starving people out there. maybe consider diversifying your donations. putting food in the mouths of starving people is a tax write off. giving the camera man of hot ones money to buy MAGA hats is not. i hope you can see who needs your funds. again, i hope you're alright. if you need some other places to make your money count i will do my best to help you. sincerely.
[close]

I've already answered the question about how I have donated waaaaay less than even the smallest estimates I've heard on here, not to mention did so mostly before they had big sponsors and were on Zoom and since then has mostly been in the form of gifted subs.  And how TNC is far from the only place I've given to. I don't have kids and do budget things just fine.

The rest of what you said is quite the reach. I've never given to them for any reason but that they have been a positive force in skateboarding. People here clearly love to make stuff up and gossip more than they care about facts.  I've tried clearing the air on here on more than one occasion and still see crap like this. I suspect if anyone else tried to come on here to engage and clear the air that it wouldn't help and would just be used as fuel for more nonsense.

OMG, I just realized I tipped a waiter last night but didn't find out how they might spend it! Oh no, I gifted 5 subs the other day which goes to random viewers. If I thought _that_ way I might need some help.

I've also had people make up obvious lies about me on here and no one gave them crap for it. So does that make slap complicit? Do I care to trash other people? Nope, just defending myself from constant lies and exaggerations for being giving lol. I don't think I've even tried defending the countless times people have just flat out insulted and name called on here. Yeah, I'm a terrible person, someone stop me before I give again!
[close]

Thank you for addressing this.  Never easy to do but it’s useful to get it all out in writing.
[close]

Kook Me Amadeus 2.0?
[close]

What gave it away?

The ridiculous avatar of course. Why focus your account and return with the same avatar? I thought the point of focusing your account was to start fresh. New beginnings and such.

Brotherly Shuvit

• Rep: -9
« Reply #2972 on: April 15, 2024, 03:42:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^^ How many times are you going to edit your post, weirdo? We all get the point you’re trying to make.
[close]

Thank god. Everyone on here thinking I'm defending TNC when all i've been doing is defending myself... Guess that part is over now. I'm sure no one will take a snippet and run with it. G'night all. Have a good one.
[close]

i will fully concede to clowning on you in the past, and i want to apologize. as long as you don't have kids, im not going to fault you for the decisions you make. i think it's wrong of chris roberts and roger to take advantage of you, especially if they're taking college tuition from your children, but that isn't my piece to speak on on the internet.

i hope you get some help, i hope you find some happiness, and i hope that you're doing okay. and if you are - there's a lot of starving people out there. maybe consider diversifying your donations. putting food in the mouths of starving people is a tax write off. giving the camera man of hot ones money to buy MAGA hats is not. i hope you can see who needs your funds. again, i hope you're alright. if you need some other places to make your money count i will do my best to help you. sincerely.
[close]

I've already answered the question about how I have donated waaaaay less than even the smallest estimates I've heard on here, not to mention did so mostly before they had big sponsors and were on Zoom and since then has mostly been in the form of gifted subs.  And how TNC is far from the only place I've given to. I don't have kids and do budget things just fine.

The rest of what you said is quite the reach. I've never given to them for any reason but that they have been a positive force in skateboarding. People here clearly love to make stuff up and gossip more than they care about facts.  I've tried clearing the air on here on more than one occasion and still see crap like this. I suspect if anyone else tried to come on here to engage and clear the air that it wouldn't help and would just be used as fuel for more nonsense.

OMG, I just realized I tipped a waiter last night but didn't find out how they might spend it! Oh no, I gifted 5 subs the other day which goes to random viewers. If I thought _that_ way I might need some help.

I've also had people make up obvious lies about me on here and no one gave them crap for it. So does that make slap complicit? Do I care to trash other people? Nope, just defending myself from constant lies and exaggerations for being giving lol. I don't think I've even tried defending the countless times people have just flat out insulted and name called on here. Yeah, I'm a terrible person, someone stop me before I give again!
[close]

Thank you for addressing this.  Never easy to do but it’s useful to get it all out in writing.
[close]

Kook Me Amadeus 2.0?
[close]

What gave it away?
[close]

The ridiculous avatar of course. Why focus your account and return with the same avatar? I thought the point of focusing your account was to start fresh. New beginnings and such.

Ha.  I was under the impression there wasn’t a point to any of this.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #2973 on: April 15, 2024, 06:46:24 PM »
I wish I loved anything as much as that guy loves TNC

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #2974 on: April 15, 2024, 06:48:00 PM »
I wish I loved anything as much as that guy loves TNC

Yeah, tell that to my wife and family

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #2975 on: April 15, 2024, 07:25:51 PM »
Not finished with the Joey episode yet but holy fuck Chris LET THE GUEST FUCKING SPEAK!
Lost track of how many times he talked over Joey when he was still talking or trying to talk I should say.
Also no mention of switch tail slides I rides yet.
Word ya heard.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2976 on: April 15, 2024, 07:48:00 PM »
people : “support skateboarding”.

kulla : donates to a skateboarding podcast that he supports.

people : “what the fuck is wrong with you? how much money do you have? you need help. stop donating *thousands* to this podcast that we’re talking about daily in a 100 page thread!! why are you supporting skateboarding so hard?”

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Dad Board

« Reply #2977 on: April 15, 2024, 08:27:51 PM »

people : “what the fuck is wrong with you? how much money do you have? you need help. stop donating *thousands* to this podcast that we’re talking about daily in a 100 page thread!! why are you supporting skateboarding so hard?”

He’s supporting a podcast and probably Rogers cybertruck payments. Don’t try to spin it like he’s some altruistic nice guy.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 45
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #2978 on: April 15, 2024, 08:43:02 PM »
Not trying to be judgmental but I’m dead serious when I say I’m not sure if I’ve even monetarily supported myself to the degree homeboy has supported the nine club

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2979 on: April 15, 2024, 10:11:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He’s supporting a podcast and probably Rogers cybertruck payments. Don’t try to spin it like he’s some altruistic nice guy.
dude he’s a random guy donating his own money to a skateboarding podcast which mostly everyone on here watches whether they bitch about it or not (myself included) and you’re digging into it like he’s promoting terrorism. it’s not that deep guy, not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #2980 on: April 15, 2024, 10:53:07 PM »
On a brighter note, the topic of Joey Suriel rapping in the City Stars video was brought up finally towards the end of the episode, thank God.
Switch tail slides I ride finally broken down and explained in detail.
Word ya heard.

Dad Board

« Reply #2981 on: April 15, 2024, 11:12:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
dude he’s a random guy donating his own money to a skateboarding podcast which mostly everyone on here watches whether they bitch about it or not (myself included) and you’re digging into it like he’s promoting terrorism. it’s not that deep guy, not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Nobody is implying there’s any conspiracy afoot, but it’s weird that you’re insisting that he’s in some way supporting skateboarding by carrying out a bizarre trend of throwing money at a group of retired pros who sit around a table and act like they’re interested in skateboarding post 2010. Also, I’m not your guy, pal.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #2982 on: April 15, 2024, 11:30:05 PM »
supporting the nine club supports skateboarding how exactly? i mean if you like the podcast then go off and pay them but don’t try to flip it like that. dude supports a podcast, he doesn’t buy boards, he doesn’t go to the skateshop, he listens to a podcast. skating since the 80s once a year
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2983 on: April 16, 2024, 12:01:21 AM »
I don't think he's even made a post outside of this thread. I think that says enough.

Dad Board

« Reply #2984 on: April 16, 2024, 12:19:53 AM »
I don't think he's even made a post outside of this thread. I think that says enough.

That’s what I was trying to say to the guy, go fuckin talk to some people outside of this nine club thread, discuss skateboarding and nerd out on some gear or videos or whatever instead of moping on about how everyone bullies you and slap is toxic blablabla. I’m over it, dude makes himself the center of attention and if it isn’t about him or his undying support for a podcast he wants no part of it. Last time I’m chiming in on Culo.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2985 on: April 16, 2024, 12:45:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Nobody is implying there’s any conspiracy afoot, but it’s weird that you’re insisting that he’s in some way supporting skateboarding by carrying out a bizarre trend of throwing money at a group of retired pros who sit around a table and act like they’re interested in skateboarding post 2010. Also, I’m not your guy, pal.
well i’m not your pal, bud-day.

supporting the nine club supports skateboarding how exactly? i mean if you like the podcast then go off and pay them but don’t try to flip it like that. dude supports a podcast, he doesn’t buy boards, he doesn’t go to the skateshop, he listens to a podcast. skating since the 80s once a year
i don’t know how much the dude skates or anything about him, nor do i care. it’s his money and it’s not hurting anyone so i don’t see why anybody gives a fuck? it’s like if i went into the shoe thread and see someone posting a bunch of expensive dunks, then start telling them they need to make better life choices and saying i hope they don’t have a kid…? it’s just weird. why does anyone give a shit? and i mean if they didn’t get any donations or support i don’t imagine the show would be able to carry on or be worth a shit if it did. i don’t know how much money these guys are making in their own lives but, they’re definitely not getting rich off some dude donating a few grand a year (if that) and buying cyber trucks? 

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2986 on: April 16, 2024, 02:47:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i wish someone helped with my cybertruck payments

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2987 on: April 16, 2024, 03:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If you want to score a bunch of money from Slap, I know one thing you could do.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -31
« Reply #2988 on: April 16, 2024, 05:04:34 AM »

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #2989 on: April 16, 2024, 05:17:21 AM »
Expand Quote

I can't say I was a fan of Joey Suriel out of all of the Menace guys but I do love this era. I am sure people will get pissed on Chris since I am already catching Joey saying "and I am a get to that" but so far a good episode.
[close]

Word ya heard
Soarin through the air like a bird
Word ya heard

From switch crooked grinds
To switch tailslides
I ride

Not sure why spotify is taking forever to load these newer ones onto the platform (I think TNC changed the upload time), but I'll have to give a listen on my way home from work today. Reread his CBI interview not that long ago, but love the era enough to hope there are a couple of nuggets omitted from said interview.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2990 on: April 16, 2024, 05:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

If you want to score a bunch of money from Slap, I know one thing you could do.
yeah me too. set it up and be the first donation. make sure it’s a good one too

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2991 on: April 16, 2024, 06:30:46 AM »
it was a solid one, but every fuckign 2 seconds "SHOUT OUT TO XXXX THATS MY GUY"

rkulla

• Rep: -78
    • IG avatar image
« Reply #2992 on: April 16, 2024, 06:43:23 AM »
^^^ The fact that even some total strangers are frustrated with what people are saying, imagine being me.  Especially after I've said multiple times on here that I've skated for decades, support MANY other skateboarding things; including skate charities and other channels, spend a lot of money on skateboards, both riding and collecting, most of my donations are gifted subs (which aren't spendable by the nine club but go directly to other viewers to get more content access), etc.

Most of my posts on slap have literally been me explaining that, and somehow people remain ignorant of it or just say "shut up about it" and then say all I do is talk about the nine club and how bad slap is (which is further annoying since I kick started this thread about me after only talking about how I think slap is fine.  Sure, I haven't posted elsewhere on slap, but i follow 1700 skaters/companies on IG, subscribe to a lot of skate content on youtube, watch most new parts that come out, etc. I don't just watch TNC.

Trust me, anything you think is annoying about all this is 10x more annoying to me. At this point, let's forget about me trying to convince you that I care about more than just TNC and you can stop trying to convince me that I'm buying them Teslas or whatever.   This whole thing is redundant and boring, you're right about that.
☮❤🛹

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2993 on: April 16, 2024, 06:54:11 AM »
^^^ The fact that even some total strangers are frustrated with what people are saying, imagine being me.  Especially after I've said multiple times on here that I've skated for decades, support MANY other skateboarding things; including skate charities and other channels, spend a lot of money on skateboards, both riding and collecting, most of my donations are gifted subs (which aren't spendable by the nine club but go directly to other viewers to get more content access), etc.

Most of my posts on slap have literally been me explaining that, and somehow people remain ignorant of it or just say "shut up about it" and then say all I do is talk about the nine club and how bad slap is (which is further annoying since I kick started this thread about me after only talking about how I think slap is fine.  Sure, I haven't posted elsewhere on slap, but i follow 1700 skaters/companies on IG, subscribe to a lot of skate content on youtube, watch most new parts that come out, etc. I don't just watch TNC.

Trust me, anything you think is annoying about all this is 10x more annoying to me. At this point, let's forget about me trying to convince you that I care about more than just TNC and you can stop trying to convince me that I'm buying them Teslas or whatever.   This whole thing is redundant and boring, you're right about that.

do you by chance happen to smell toast?

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #2994 on: April 16, 2024, 06:56:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

do you by chance happen to smell toast?

Nah, as annoying as this is, it's no where near stroke level. My daily job is more frustrating than this. Posting on here is what i've been doing during some my breaks... imagine that.
☮❤🛹

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #2995 on: April 16, 2024, 07:03:02 AM »
I have nipples, @rkulla. Can you gifted sub me?

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #2996 on: April 16, 2024, 07:29:04 AM »
Another way of summing this up, like someone did above with bullet points:

- Slap: we are the truth.
- TNC: out of touch and too nice (yet does some amazing episodes that are right on).
- Me: A big fan of TNC, new to slap and thus equivalent to TNC and not one of us.

That much I get, it's fine. This part I don't:

- Slap: Wish TNC and/or its minions would listen to us and engage.
- Me: [tries repeatedly]
- Slap: f that guy.

Whatever the reason, at least I tried but I think all that did was send a message to others not to bother, which I also pointed out before.

When TNC had The Bunt on recently, I had a comment on that video about how it's great that in our polarized world that 2 podcasts could come together and clear the air that they don't hate each other but I ended up deleting after a few people replied the exact opposite thing; too many people just want to keep the divides going. The least they could do is admit it and stop saying it's because of the other. It's one thing for politics and religion to do that stuff but skateboarding? People take it that seriously and far and then try to joke about me taking this too seriously. I do but so do you.

</rant>
☮❤🛹

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2997 on: April 16, 2024, 07:31:47 AM »
You’re wasting your time @rkulla. You will never win an argument with sad internet people. Spend your money you earn how you want. Gift more subs, buy more boards, help more people. Just don’t feed the trolls.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2998 on: April 16, 2024, 07:34:26 AM »

- TNC: out of touch and too nice (yet does some amazing episodes that are right on).
- Me: A big fan of TNC, new to slap and thus equivalent to TNC and not one of us.

Whatever the reason, at least I tried but I think all that did was send a message to others not to bother, which I also pointed out before.

When TNC had The Bunt on recently, I had a comment on that video about how it's great that in our polarized world that 2 podcasts could come together and clear the air that they don't hate each other but I ended up deleting after a few people replied the exact opposite thing; too many people just want to keep the divides going. The least they could do is admit it and stop saying it's because of the other. It's one thing for politics and religion to do that stuff but skateboarding? People take it that seriously and far and then try to joke about me taking this too seriously. I do but so do you.

</rant>

dude take a walk or something, jfc

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 786
« Reply #2999 on: April 16, 2024, 07:39:42 AM »

</rant>

TNC is a few people. Slap is hundreds, if not thousands of varying opinions, attitudes and levels of sincerity. You can't argue with 'SLAP.' It's a forum  not an untied entity. let it go.