Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 347269 times)

DCLOVE and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

rkulla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -78
    • IG avatar image
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3000 on: April 16, 2024, 07:40:12 AM »
You’re wasting your time @rkulla. You will never win an argument with sad internet people. Spend your money you earn how you want. Gift more subs, buy more boards, help more people. Just don’t feed the trolls.

I try to treat everyone the same; what's a troll but an ignorant/immature person that still has some hope. We might as well shut down all commenting online in general since it's all one big troll-feeder but at least there's some non trolls too. Or maybe I'm just a troll in a different form...  None of us evolved for this type of communication and it will be like this for thousands of years before we are.
☮❤🛹

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3001 on: April 16, 2024, 07:43:28 AM »
^^^ Scratch that. I'm *definitely* a troll.  Every time someone feeds me by telling me to go away, I post again. Guess we have more in common than we thought.
☮❤🛹

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3002 on: April 16, 2024, 08:27:28 AM »
I prefered when talked about the nine club, we re reaching brink level here
check my music

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3003 on: April 16, 2024, 08:35:26 AM »

Anyone who has ever been in the live TNC chat over the years, knows I endlessly riff. Those who know, know. Better when they don't.
☮❤🛹

shredflanders

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3004 on: April 16, 2024, 08:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone who has ever been in the live TNC chat over the years, knows I endlessly riff. Those who know, know. Better when they don't.

Do your thing rkulla, you don't have to justify anything to anybody but yourself.

shredflanders

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3005 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:33 AM »
Getting back on track; former Nine Club fans, when did it fall off for you? I used to be a massive fan, wouldn't miss an episode and would watch every one in one go, then it all changed.

it was the Tremaine episode. The Big Brother and Jackass story has been told so many times and is so well known, yet Crob and the crew are all "Huh? Fascinating, bro." at the most well known parts of the story.

"What about Spike, did he have a nickname?" - Crob

Fucking hell, bro. Having such little knowledge of the history of the industry they grew up in was the last straw for me.

I will watch the occasional episode now, but Crob has become more and more insufferable. He's the worst part of every episode, unless 1010 or Oblow are on of course....

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3006 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Do your thing rkulla, you don't have to justify anything to anybody but yourself.

At some point when people don't get the joke, you have to let them in on the punchline. You don't come from where I do and get out of it by being gullible so those comments sustain me. If I can make skating flat concrete fun for decades, I can make this fun, or at least bitter-sweet.  At least one of us is entertained.
☮❤🛹

Mallie

• Rep: 37
« Reply #3007 on: April 16, 2024, 09:37:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

At some point when people don't get the joke, you have to let them in on the punchline. You don't come from where I do and get out of it by being gullible so those comments sustain me. If I can make skating flat concrete fun for decades, I can make this fun, or at least bitter-sweet.  At least one of us is entertained.

Ah, so it's "a joke" now. Cool, cool...
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3008 on: April 16, 2024, 09:53:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah, so it's "a joke" now. Cool, cool...

No, I was serious at first then it became a joke because otherwise it'd be like talking to a wall.
☮❤🛹

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #3009 on: April 16, 2024, 09:56:04 AM »
Nine Club Good, Skating Good, Everything Good. Nine Club Bad, Better Pack Up And Go Home.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #3010 on: April 16, 2024, 09:57:50 AM »
i need a lobotomy for my mekulla oblongata after reading this

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3011 on: April 16, 2024, 10:00:24 AM »
i need a lobotomy for my mekulla oblongata after reading this

I think you meant the pre-frontal kullaflex. It's frontal lobe work. Come on, it's not brain science.
☮❤🛹

Dad Board

• Rep: 72
« Reply #3012 on: April 16, 2024, 11:09:38 AM »
Getting back on track; former Nine Club fans, when did it fall off for you? I used to be a massive fan, wouldn't miss an episode and would watch every one in one go, then it all changed.

it was the Tremaine episode. The Big Brother and Jackass story has been told so many times and is so well known, yet Crob and the crew are all "Huh? Fascinating, bro." at the most well known parts of the story.

Fucking hell, bro. Having such little knowledge of the history of the industry they grew up in was the last straw for me.

I will watch the occasional episode now, but Crob has become more and more insufferable. He's the worst part of every episode, unless 1010 or Oblow are on of course....

When I got back into skating I’d watch every episode and geek out on all of of the new clips on the experience and feel like I was watching videos with my homies again, it was very welcoming and I didn’t feel like I was so disconnected from the culture I’d lost contact with over my 20’s and early 30’s. It was a nice reentry along with the love letters and Ben degros etc. typical old head post pandemic existential crisis shit.

Then I’d start to notice little things that put me off, like I didn’t realize the band I’d been following was part of a Christian youth ministry and when I paid attention to the lyrics I suddenly looked around and realized everyone was praying and looking towards the sky instead of the stage. This wasn’t the kind of party I thought it was.

All the little inside yucks between the “ol buddies” Eldritch being an absolute insufferable douchebag, fuckin “steezus christ” the cult like commitment to ignore any indication of criticism from the audience, Kelly laughing at fucking nothing because he’s nervous or something. Crob’s shtick about being an egomaniac actually just him revealing who he actually is. Etc etc. what really put the nail in the coffin for me was when they were discussing Leo Baker and Jeron kept referring to him as “she” I DM’d him about it and he responded in some vague half apologetic way then ignored me when I suggested he could make a huge difference if he addressed his mistake even just really briefly next week. He never did.

The story was just a clip of him saying “she” and I had typed out *he and tagged him

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -11
« Reply #3013 on: April 16, 2024, 12:18:03 PM »
Free hat need to touch grass.

Dad Board

• Rep: 72
« Reply #3014 on: April 16, 2024, 12:27:49 PM »
Free hat need to touch grass increase screen time

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
« Reply #3015 on: April 16, 2024, 12:42:23 PM »
I liked seeing them talk about clips with the guests, and actually watch video parts that they had pre-watched.  That's where it's good because they all have good insight into skateboard tricks.

Kelly especially is really good at seeking out on tricks. He's a skate nerd who likes to see good skate tricks. It's infectious when someone who loves a thing shares what they love.

Then they got addicted to soundboard "rude" jokes. Eldridge got pissy at every joke on his direction... and it became about the hosts more and more. Budget or Buttery sucks. For a while it was like half the show. Idk if it still is because I stopped watching.

I don't hate them or anything. They made something that didn't exist, built a regular schedule and an audience. They just need to remember they love skateboarding.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #3016 on: April 16, 2024, 01:02:39 PM »
Expand Quote
You’re wasting your time @rkulla. You will never win an argument with sad internet people. Spend your money you earn how you want. Gift more subs, buy more boards, help more people. Just don’t feed the trolls.
[close]

I try to treat everyone the same; what's a troll but an ignorant/immature person that still has some hope. We might as well shut down all commenting online in general since it's all one big troll-feeder but at least there's some non trolls too. Or maybe I'm just a troll in a different form...  None of us evolved for this type of communication and it will be like this for thousands of years before we are.

Slap should bring back The Forum Feeder, but call it the Troll Feeder. 

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3017 on: April 16, 2024, 02:16:37 PM »
The criticism might be less confusing if people didn't conflate the LIVE show with the regular interview show.  They're very different formats.  I seen some people say they like the LIVE but not the regular one, and vice/versa. Or some say they stopped watching when it was the EXPERIENCE show.

The new LIVE show has been on a year and is similar to EXPERIENCE but doesn't have Steezus and Eldy. So all of those complaints about them are pretty outdated. I like those guys, so nothing against them.

Saying all of TNC sucks because you might have hated the old EXPERIENCE show seems strange. Chris has a whole separate show called "I'm Glad I'm Not Me" that is also a different format.

It may all seem like the same thing because it's got Crob at the center "Nine Club with Chris Roberts" but they're all totally different to me.  I gaurantee that at least some of your favorite pros have been on the MAIN interview show and don't you think that it's kind of insulting to them to act like they went on some whack show just because you didn't like certain guests or certain side-shows?
☮❤🛹

Oh yeahhhhhhh!

• Rep: 26
« Reply #3018 on: April 16, 2024, 02:28:47 PM »
Damn, Kulla is still going on about this? Rub one out bud. Relax. This is definitely getting very Brinkish.

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #3019 on: April 16, 2024, 02:37:02 PM »
I'm like the Energizer Bunny but I'll slow my troll and take a break for a while. Criticize away.
☮❤🛹

Obijuan91

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3020 on: April 16, 2024, 03:02:00 PM »

When they started and kept talking about all the monetization. The Ben degros episode was the fondly straw for me. Really wanted to hear dudes full story. Still tune in  and I like Roberts YouTube channel but the live is a meh for me.

Bunt boys for life ya feel me hehhh

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #3021 on: April 16, 2024, 03:04:09 PM »
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

lurkluke

« Reply #3022 on: April 16, 2024, 03:08:12 PM »
The criticism might be less confusing if people didn't conflate the LIVE show with the regular interview show.  They're very different formats.  I seen some people say they like the LIVE but not the regular one, and vice/versa. Or some say they stopped watching when it was the EXPERIENCE show.

The new LIVE show has been on a year and is similar to EXPERIENCE but doesn't have Steezus and Eldy. So all of those complaints about them are pretty outdated. I like those guys, so nothing against them.

Saying all of TNC sucks because you might have hated the old EXPERIENCE show seems strange. Chris has a whole separate show called "I'm Glad I'm Not Me" that is also a different format.

It may all seem like the same thing because it's got Crob at the center "Nine Club with Chris Roberts" but they're all totally different to me.  I gaurantee that at least some of your favorite pros have been on the MAIN interview show and don't you think that it's kind of insulting to them to act like they went on some whack show just because you didn't like certain guests or certain side-shows?

nah I don't think that.

If this is in reply (at least in part) to my post above, they aren't doing enough to make me care about the differences and I'm allowed to like what I like.

I enjoy some of the interviews but mostly I enjoy it more when they watch and talk about clips; and I enjoy when they watch and talk about clips on the Experience if they've done the pre-planning (which they no longer do). I don't care to learn where someone went to school and what age they got their first complete.

I think that's why GH is resonating with a more people now - he watches parts and genuinely gives a shit about the parts, either positive or negative. The nine club dudes (other than Kelly) don't seem to give a shit about skateboarding anymore.

Also I still don't understand the point of Crobs own show. I watched the last one and he just went to the Courthouse and talked about tricks he might do, and did a dragged nose manual thing, and moaned about his injury. Compare that to the Dern bros who go to a spot, talk about it, skate it, AND show a retrospective of clips done there; while sometimes interviewing the dudes who did the tricks. Crob made it seem like a chore to be there (which is kind of his whole persona), while the Dern's seem joyous.

Add in the Bunt, and This Old Ledge - two other shows that also still love what they do and spend time on making it interesting - and it makes it seem like the Nine Club either needs to bring some joy back into what they do or wrap it up. If they enjoy what they are doing now, fine... but that doesn't make them above criticism.

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 45
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #3023 on: April 16, 2024, 03:36:28 PM »
Kelly, I know you’re reading this. Roberts is an asshole to you and clearly doesn’t give a fuck about your opinions. Every time you speak, Roberts has already dismissed whatever you’re going to say before you say it. You can see it on his face and hear it in his voice. Maybe you’ve found a way to justify it. Maybe it’s a gimmick for the show. Regardless, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

I hope dude treats you much better off camera. We all deserve better friends than that.

lurkluke

« Reply #3024 on: April 16, 2024, 03:44:16 PM »
Kelly, I know you’re reading this. Roberts is an asshole to you and clearly doesn’t give a fuck about your opinions. Every time you speak, Roberts has already dismissed whatever you’re going to say before you say it. You can see it on his face and hear it in his voice. Maybe you’ve found a way to justify it. Maybe it’s a gimmick for the show. Regardless, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

I hope dude treats you much better off camera. We all deserve better friends than that.

Yeah I watched the Bunt one, where they talked about giving him a mute button and making him carve something? And I could see Kelly was hurt by it all... and it was straight bullying.

I would watch a Kelly show.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #3025 on: April 16, 2024, 03:46:56 PM »

Call me crazy, but donating thousands of dollars to a “pro” skater who has been phoning it in for twenty years and is currently driving around Santa Monica in a Tesla sounds sadder than posting on an internet skate forum to me

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 45
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #3026 on: April 16, 2024, 04:22:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I watched the Bunt one, where they talked about giving him a mute button and making him carve something? And I could see Kelly was hurt by it all... and it was straight bullying.

I would watch a Kelly show.

It’s even worse on the live shows because there’s no guest. Roberts doesn’t have to pretend to be a nice dude

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 61
« Reply #3027 on: April 16, 2024, 04:33:27 PM »
Joey Suriel seems like a nice dude, but for a pastor, he’s not afraid to let people know he’s about getting that bag.

Him and Hosoi both, actually. I wonder if Pastor Elguera is on that same frequency…

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3028 on: April 16, 2024, 04:49:29 PM »
Chris looks much better with colour. Not that he's not hot in the winter. Kelly plus the sun looking like a bad mix. Memory serves he burns. It's obvious to me he should skate at night.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3029 on: April 16, 2024, 04:50:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When I got back into skating I’d watch every episode and geek out on all of of the new clips on the experience and feel like I was watching videos with my homies again, it was very welcoming and I didn’t feel like I was so disconnected from the culture I’d lost contact with over my 20’s and early 30’s. It was a nice reentry along with the love letters and Ben degros etc. typical old head post pandemic existential crisis shit.

Then I’d start to notice little things that put me off, like I didn’t realize the band I’d been following was part of a Christian youth ministry and when I paid attention to the lyrics I suddenly looked around and realized everyone was praying and looking towards the sky instead of the stage. This wasn’t the kind of party I thought it was.

All the little inside yucks between the “ol buddies” Eldritch being an absolute insufferable douchebag, fuckin “steezus christ” the cult like commitment to ignore any indication of criticism from the audience, Kelly laughing at fucking nothing because he’s nervous or something. Crob’s shtick about being an egomaniac actually just him revealing who he actually is. Etc etc. what really put the nail in the coffin for me was when they were discussing Leo Baker and Jeron kept referring to him as “she” I DM’d him about it and he responded in some vague half apologetic way then ignored me when I suggested he could make a huge difference if he addressed his mistake even just really briefly next week. He never did.

The story was just a clip of him saying “she” and I had typed out *he and tagged him

the dickriding is absolutely absurd !!!!