Author Topic: ACL  (Read 41298 times)

I SUCK!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: ACL
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote

'Push the limits', is that what I said?
You're right about everything. You're totally right.
(especially about me running the companies like concentration camps!)

Stay off your board and go to Physical therapy for a year is good advice, but that's conservative and not necessary for everyone.
I think it all depends on the complexity of the injury, the surgery and how much has been invested into rehab.

No need to take your frustration out on me though, you act like what happened to you is my fault.
I was just speaking from my experiences, sorry yours are worse.

If it makes you that mad, I'll delete the first post and replace it with the quote below.
Maybe, it will at least cut down on your pointless insults.

"Stay off the board everybody and stay in rehab!"

-Jamie Thomas
                                     Professional skateboarder

[close]

I think Jamie's right... not the sarcastic answer he gave above... but the one he mentioned earlier about rolling around in moderation.  I think it's good physically to get your leg muscles back in shape and getting accustomed to standing and balancing on your board again.  Hell, rolling around helps mentally too.  Just the feeling of skating down the street makes you feel so damn good it does wonders for the psyche.  It's up to how you feel and when you think the time is right.

For the record, my last post was half serious. I don't want anyone jacking themselves up because of me.
Greg took my few words and ran with it while venting in every direction, but regardless I want to encourage people to get well.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
I just got home from the hospital, I had the surgery today. it's really not that bad. could be the drugs talking though. mmmm drugs....

Take care man!
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2007, 08:52:35 PM »
I just got home from the hospital, I had the surgery today. it's really not that bad. could be the drugs talking though. mmmm drugs....

Keep your head up.  Share your pills.

bornindabay

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »
hehehe.

Stay positive and be on a mission with your therapy. It's the most important thing you could do now. You got a lot of good advice from a lot of heads. Do what you feel is right and try to be patient.

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2007, 12:52:42 AM »
mikey, jamie, henry, good looks guys! its not as bad as i thought it would be to be honest. i'm actually really hyped, i'm glad it's gonna be sooner then later that i'll be able to skate again. and again, thanks for the support and advice. its helping alot.

and about the pill thing, vicadins always have hurt my stomach and made me wanna puke, so i got the doctor to give me some extra strength ones because thats cash money on the streets baby! i only had to take two during all today as well, its good times. i've already traded pills for packs of smokes and hooked some friends up. sharing is caring! or something like that.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 07:19:01 AM by hatehatehatehate »

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2007, 01:56:27 AM »

[/quote]

For the record, my last post was half serious. I don't want anyone jacking themselves up because of me.
Greg took my few words and ran with it while venting in every direction, but regardless I want to encourage people to get well.

[/quote]

I think that's pretty clear to (almost) everyone whose followed this - and fair play for taking the time to give the benefit of your experiences (as with everyone on here)

Silent Bob.

« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2007, 01:59:28 AM »
mikey, jamie, henry, good looks guys! its not as bad as i thought it would be to be honest. thats life. riding high in april, shot down in may haha.. but yeah, i'm actually really hyped, i'm glad it's gonna be sooner then later that i'll be able to skate again. and again, thanks for the support and advice. its helping alot.

and about the pill thing, vicadins always have hurt my stomach and made me wanna puke, so i got the doctor to give me some extra strength ones because thats cash money on the streets baby! i only had to take two during all today as well, its good times. i've already traded pills for packs of smokes and hooked some friends up. sharing is caring! or something like that.

Good for you - hang in there and all will be well

Personally I also tried not to take too many painkillers - I just preferred to listen to what my body was telling me; the last thing I wanted was to numb out the fact that I was doing something wrong!

& for now, prepare to become a film expert!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:43:09 AM by hirstyrlk »

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2007, 07:20:32 AM »
man, i take back all that stuff. it was definetly the drugs talking. i went to go to sleep last ngiht and puked up the pills as i was brushing my teeth. maybe didnt eat enough? that was like 3 o clock. here i am now. i dont think i slept longer than 10 minutes without waking up. so yeah, to sum it up, shit SUCKS, however good it was going, its now going as bad. shit is borrrrring!! arrrggg!!!

jamie want to hook up a mystery vid? haha! but seriously?

h@rry_t3H_pImP

• Rep: 1
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
man, i take back all that stuff. it was definetly the drugs talking. i went to go to sleep last ngiht and puked up the pills as i was brushing my teeth. maybe didnt eat enough? that was like 3 o clock. here i am now. i dont think i slept longer than 10 minutes without waking up. so yeah, to sum it up, shit SUCKS, however good it was going, its now going as bad. shit is borrrrring!! arrrggg!!!

jamie want to hook up a mystery vid? haha! but seriously?

Good luck fam ;)
I know it hurts like hell...its all for the promise of a better tomorrow(or a better 6 months)
Did they give you an ice machine and a continuous motion machine?

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
thanks god! they gave me one of those ice things. its not to advanced of one though, but its doing the job. the thing that wraps around your knee hooks up to some water cooler looking thing and you have to drain/fill for a while. its working good though, doing the job.

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2007, 09:12:36 AM »
That's what I had.  It did it's job, for sure.

h@rry_t3H_pImP

« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
thanks god! they gave me one of those ice things. its not to advanced of one though, but its doing the job. the thing that wraps around your knee hooks up to some water cooler looking thing and you have to drain/fill for a while. its working good though, doing the job.

I'm all over those things, I wish the fukkers let me keep it :) I did ask them if I could and they said if I got $600+ I could(hence, the fukkers)

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2007, 01:47:26 PM »
yeah this one isnt to advanced, i'm pretty sure i get to keep it. the insurance didnt cover it but it was really cheap. kinda weird.

greg

• Rep: -25
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2007, 06:14:59 AM »
i wasn't hurting that bad after surgery (although i was claiming to so that i could keep a steady variety of narcotics coming in), but the feelings of being more or less incapacitated do get to be monotonous.  one thing i havent said yet that i thoroughly endorse is smoking weed.  it's great for curing boredom.

h@rry_t3H_pImP

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2007, 07:29:02 AM »
yeah this one isnt to advanced, i'm pretty sure i get to keep it. the insurance didnt cover it but it was really cheap. kinda weird.

What the's brand name?! I want that shit...this thing has amazing potential for ankle rolls. You roll your shit, come home, hook that shit up, and then roll your *other* shit. TADA!

word,
h

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2007, 08:16:25 AM »

This is similar to what I have.

h@rry_t3H_pImP

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2007, 08:47:55 AM »
<b>Stand and Deliver</b>

:o

Must...have...need...

/How much you want for it
//No guns, no drugs
///J/k that shit's tight as hell!

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »
I actually forgot I had it, shit's up on a shelve in the garage.

I don't know if I want to sell it though.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »
I got one of these to help shock the muscles back into shape... just like Bruce Lee.  You can even use it to relieve sore muscles.  This thing is pretty awesome.

h@rry_t3H_pImP

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2007, 10:09:46 AM »
<b>Math Professor</b>

Jeezus H christ, a portable electro-stim machine :o Damn, you guys are ballers for real. ;D
Saaay, where do you live...

/That shits tight pt.2
//checks E-bay
///don't let me see you at the check-cashing..

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2007, 03:36:26 PM »
little update. i havnt needed pain pills for a few days, i can walk almost normally without any crutches or anything, and i've been shagging more then i did before my surgery. for some reason the ladies love a hurt man. so good! but yeah, the knee feels soooo much better than before surgery, im HYPED!! shit is niiiiiiiiiice!!!

Silent Bob.

« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2007, 02:30:10 AM »
Cool - that's one thing I noticed straight away - that my knee felt "right" after surgery!

Forgot about the ladies part - yeah that is one real nice side-effect!!

Now comes the patience game - whatever you do, take it easy: you've years and years of skating ahead of you so there's no point risking that for the sake of a few months :)

h@rry_t3H_pImP

« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2007, 07:42:55 AM »
little update. i havnt needed pain pills for a few days, i can walk almost normally without any crutches or anything, and i've been shagging more then i did before my surgery. for some reason the ladies love a hurt man. so good! but yeah, the knee feels soooo much better than before surgery, im HYPED!! shit is niiiiiiiiiice!!!

Shag safely, 1 reach-around and it's over...
And you ain't really pimpin unless they're cookin too...

/hate on hate ;)

h@rry_t3H_pImP

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:48 AM »
Cool - that's one thing I noticed straight away - that my knee felt "right" after surgery!

Forgot about the ladies part - yeah that is one real nice side-effect!!

Now comes the patience game - whatever you do, take it easy: you've years and years of skating shagging ahead of you so there's no point risking that for the sake of a few months :)

/fixed that for ya

Silent Bob.

« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2007, 07:47:19 AM »
Haha yeah looks better like that

Shagger for life yo!

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »

that is the same thing that the doctor prescribed me when i had ACL surgery. I wish I still had it. I was also on some crazy machine that bent your knee for you while you laid around and watched TV/ slept. It has been two years since my reconstruction surgery. I went with using a piece of my hamstring to rebuild with. I wish I had taken physical therapy a little more serious. They gave me a long list of good excercises. After a few weeks when the knee felt better, I stopped doing the recommended excercises. I have good motion on that leg, but it is not as good as my healthy knee. If I had stayed on the program longer, I would probably be better off today.

I cannot stress this enough. Riding a bicycle is the best excersise during your rehabilitation. After a good bike ride, I would seriously get stoked on my new knee.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2007, 03:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that is the same thing that the doctor prescribed me when i had ACL surgery. I wish I still had it. I was also on some crazy machine that bent your knee for you while you laid around and watched TV/ slept. It has been two years since my reconstruction surgery. I went with using a piece of my hamstring to rebuild with. I wish I had taken physical therapy a little more serious. They gave me a long list of good excercises. After a few weeks when the knee felt better, I stopped doing the recommended excercises. I have good motion on that leg, but it is not as good as my healthy knee. If I had stayed on the program longer, I would probably be better off today.

I cannot stress this enough. Riding a bicycle is the best excersise during your rehabilitation. After a good bike ride, I would seriously get stoked on my new knee.

You're talking about that CPM machine.  I hated that damn thing.  I had to keep my leg it that for 6 hours a day for 6 weeks.  Riding a bike is definitely the best excercise.  My doc told me to get on a bike as soon as I felt I could peddle.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
looks like i have a torn MCL.  going to see orthopedic dude tomorrow.  curious if anyone has had specifically just an MCL tear before?  and how long it took to rehab...  didn't want to start a new topic on this..  thanks in advance on any feedback.  and i appreciate the feedback in the above .  curious how you ACL guys are holding up
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Silent Bob.

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2010, 03:45:44 PM »
All's good with mine - I've never really had a problem with mine since stepping back on a board, th!ough I've steered clear of big drops since hurting mine just in case; it hasn't stopped me doing anything else though - life is good!

I did my ACL and PCL - I don't know much about MCL's though I'd be careful if the "CL" stands for cruciate ligament as shit can get nasty if it is something that won't heal on its own (I don't think ligaments necessarily do) - so don't ignore any advice as I did that and it pretty much ended up crippling me for a couple of years

Hope it's going well anyway and good luck with it!

Northcity23

• Rep: 18
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2010, 06:35:14 PM »
looks like i have a torn MCL.  going to see orthopedic dude tomorrow.  curious if anyone has had specifically just an MCL tear before?  and how long it took to rehab...  didn't want to start a new topic on this..  thanks in advance on any feedback.  and i appreciate the feedback in the above .  curious how you ACL guys are holding up
i tore my MCL last April. I tore mine, but i didnt need surgery. I went on crutches for about 2 months, then went to a rotating knee brace that lets you bend your knee. All in all, i was fully recovered by the beginning of july.