Author Topic: Any advice or input on this matter?  (Read 324 times)

OtisOliver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Any advice or input on this matter?
« on: August 11, 2023, 03:55:32 AM »
I recently purchased some colored Ace trucks at a great deal, and I want to strip the paint off them to achieve a raw look. If anyone has experience removing paint from trucks, could you kindly suggest the most efficient method? I've come across options like aircraft stripper, pure acetone, or oven cleaner while searching on Google. However, I'm concerned that these methods might weaken the aluminum or affect the axles/kingpins due to potential chemical reactions. Alternatively, I'm curious about using sandpaper, but I'm unsure if it will result in an unappealing scuffed appearance on the aluminum. Any advice or input on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 786
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Any advice or input on this matter?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 04:58:43 PM »
I recently purchased some colored Ace trucks at a great deal, and I want to strip the paint off them to achieve a raw look. If anyone has experience removing paint from trucks, could you kindly suggest the most efficient method? I've come across options like aircraft stripper, pure acetone, or oven cleaner while searching on Google. However, I'm concerned that these methods might weaken the aluminum or affect the axles/kingpins due to potential chemical reactions. Alternatively, I'm curious about using sandpaper, but I'm unsure if it will result in an unappealing scuffed appearance on the aluminum. Any advice or input on this matter would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

The product people have used on here is Citristrip and is available from most hardware stores, from a quick search, although I have never used it.

Searching CITRISTRIP in the main forum comes up with a lot of hits, but this thread might be the best one, with pics too.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=121026

Arrbee is the man with this stuff.

Expand Quote
Nice. I have a pair of black ones 8in for $60 brand new. I got them for birthday present but my ocd only allows me to skate chrome ones. Dm me if interested
[close]

Citristrip will get those things back to silver in a night

My results with citristrip.

https://imgur.com/a/yM1CssU

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.