Author Topic: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?  (Read 49225 times)

Thebird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 158
Re: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2023, 11:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Just got some Emerica og1s.  Definitely some of the widest shoes I have had.  I possibly could have gone down half a size.
[close]
@Thebird, how's the quality on those?

Have not skated them yet, but they definitely seem durable.  Good suede.  Probably wear through the sole before you go through the side.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: 0
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2023, 06:07:04 PM »
a pair of nike air trainer 1s fell off a box truck and I've been wearing them at home with my arch insoles because the etnies scouts i had were too narrow and cramping my toes. They are working much better for me. They are quite wide.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #242 on: July 28, 2023, 03:57:56 PM »
Rolling 2 pairs of Forums with 2 on ice because theyre skating like a dream. Looking to scale down bulk slightly. I dig adidas cuz they double as chillers well.

Any flipper footed brethren mess with Campus, Campus 00s, Alohas, Adimatics or Adi 2000s?

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 55
« Reply #243 on: July 28, 2023, 07:04:09 PM »
Forums are the best shoe I’ve used for skating and also the simpler colorways look amazing. But I have a problem with shoelaces. They are ripped within one session of ollies and flips. Did you find the same issue?

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2023, 02:55:03 AM »
Forums are the best shoe I’ve used for skating and also the simpler colorways look amazing. But I have a problem with shoelaces. They are ripped within one session of ollies and flips. Did you find the same issue?

Cant say that i have. Im going on 5 months from my first pair being in rotation. On a Busenitz or 3st theyd break near the forefoot and up closer to the ankle. My sessions arent Jane Fonda routines either so just lucky on my part i guess

swongolianbbq

• Rep: 69
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2023, 11:13:18 AM »
I got the adidas superstar advs and mad wide feet and they're working pretty good I actually have to tighten the laces more than usual

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 55
« Reply #246 on: July 29, 2023, 09:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cant say that i have. Im going on 5 months from my first pair being in rotation. On a Busenitz or 3st theyd break near the forefoot and up closer to the ankle. My sessions arent Jane Fonda routines either so just lucky on my part i guess

Thank you! I had no idea about what are Jane Fonda routines so I went to Youtube and was laughing for a minute ;D

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2023, 10:27:56 AM »
NB#425

I have a (small) bunion and usually my foot suffers regardless of the shoes I am wearing. The 425's feel very tight at the top of my foot but feel very wide at the toes. It i as if their shape corrects the bunion and allows my toes to spread out.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

UrkelFan99

• Rep: -6
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2023, 12:21:10 PM »
It seems like New Balance is a common answer here. I tried the Foy new balance 306 on recommendation and they were too narrow and hurt my feet. Can anyone confirm or deny that any of these other New Balance models would be wider than the 306? The only shoes that have been somewhat comfortable for me to skate in were the Straye Gowers, but they recently changed the shape of them and eliminated my size (11.5).

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2023, 02:21:57 PM »
It seems like New Balance is a common answer here. I tried the Foy new balance 306 on recommendation and they were too narrow and hurt my feet. Can anyone confirm or deny that any of these other New Balance models would be wider than the 306? The only shoes that have been somewhat comfortable for me to skate in were the Straye Gowers, but they recently changed the shape of them and eliminated my size (11.5).

For my foot the 306 is one of the narrower/more painful NB shoes.  272, 288 Sport, 1010 are much wider.  I rotate between 272/288 sport for the most part.  1010s have so much heel lift I get really bad knee pain with them.  I imagine the new 574 also has a somewhat wider toebox like the 272. 

UrkelFan99

« Reply #250 on: August 03, 2023, 07:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For my foot the 306 is one of the narrower/more painful NB shoes.  272, 288 Sport, 1010 are much wider.  I rotate between 272/288 sport for the most part.  1010s have so much heel lift I get really bad knee pain with them.  I imagine the new 574 also has a somewhat wider toebox like the 272.

Good to know, I'll give 'em a try. Luckily I've still got 4 pairs of Gowers in my closet I'll probably keep shoe-gooing for a while, lol. Thanks!

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -534
« Reply #251 on: August 03, 2023, 07:22:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The 574 ct has a wide one for sure.  Skates pretty similar to a Vulc for a cup sole too.  The insoles sore pretty basic though, I’d recommend some fp in there or something.  Might have to check out the other models you mentioned though myself (I like the 1010s already) thanks

ambiguousclarity

• Rep: 15
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2023, 05:45:55 AM »
I've been wearing the Tyshawn originals the past three days. Cosy, yet broad enough for my feet. More supportive than the kyle walker and half cabs I usually wear. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I'm not experiencing the pain in my knees and legs I typically feel after skating. I'm considering solely skating these from now on.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2023, 05:56:51 AM »
I've been wearing the Tyshawn originals the past three days. Cosy, yet broad enough for my feet. More supportive than the kyle walker and half cabs I usually wear. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I'm not experiencing the pain in my knees and legs I typically feel after skating. I'm considering solely skating these from now on.

How do you find the board feel compared to the half cabs, with one being cup and the other vulc?

ambiguousclarity

• Rep: 15
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2023, 03:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do you find the board feel compared to the half cabs, with one being cup and the other vulc?

It's okay. Noticeably stiffer, but by the end of the first session they felt okay. By the third session they were conformable. Switched back to kyle walkers for a session with my family yesterday morning; they felt very cosy and grippier, but I felt achey afterwards. Wore the Tyshawns when I skated by myself in the evening and they felt good. A bit stiffer and less grippy, which I prefer over too grippy. They're not as wide as half cabs or kyle walker 2s, but suit my feet.

UrkelFan99

« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2023, 09:35:40 PM »
Update on trying New Balance. I got the 272s. They were wider than the Foys, and felt ok for walking around, so I skated them. Mistake. Not wide enough, and the ball of my foot hurts now. Wouldn't skate them again but can't return them now.

Ended up getting some old Strayes from ebay that I could confirm were the old version with my size. Not sure how much longer I'll be able to do that but I'm scared to try anything new now after being out $52.

Anyone want some black 11.5 NB# 272s?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2023, 10:25:59 PM »
Shoutout to people who recommended Forums. Wide enough and actual fucking tanks.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2023, 01:12:09 PM »
I have two different pairs of Etnies Josl1n's.

This one fits really good and I skated it already a few times.

Then, because I liked that shoe so much I got these ones.

The second one of these shoes is giving my left foot some trouble (my left foot is like 4mm longer as my right foot but I never really realized that in the Vulc shoes I previously skated). It feels way different as the left shoe from the previous brown model. How can that be?

My theory is, there is some kind of difference with the cupsole. The brown shoe has like two different colors/parts on the sole. The gum part on the bottom and the white part of the sole, so maybe 2 layers? And that can help the shoe to stretch out better. And the second shoe has like only one gum part of sole, so maybe only one layer? Maybe a shoe stretcher could help?

I hope that all made sense, because English isn't my first language and I haven't slept well the last days, but I will talk about that somewhere else another time. Going through some shit but love all you pals on these forum. Thanks in advance.
IG: @flowterspace

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2023, 04:26:21 AM »
I have two different pairs of Etnies Josl1n's.

This one fits really good and I skated it already a few times.

Then, because I liked that shoe so much I got these ones.

The second one of these shoes is giving my left foot some trouble (my left foot is like 4mm longer as my right foot but I never really realized that in the Vulc shoes I previously skated). It feels way different as the left shoe from the previous brown model. How can that be?

My theory is, there is some kind of difference with the cupsole. The brown shoe has like two different colors/parts on the sole. The gum part on the bottom and the white part of the sole, so maybe 2 layers? And that can help the shoe to stretch out better. And the second shoe has like only one gum part of sole, so maybe only one layer? Maybe a shoe stretcher could help?

I hope that all made sense, because English isn't my first language and I haven't slept well the last days, but I will talk about that somewhere else another time. Going through some shit but love all you pals on these forum. Thanks in advance.

The outsole being white/gum vs gum/gum between the two shouldn't make a difference, no matter the company making a cupsole like this. That sole unit is usually a gum/gum construction and they dip or dye (not 100% on the process) the top/outer part of the sole in the desired color (white, gum, black, gray, etc.) so that shouldn't change fit. I imagine the last and construction of the upper is prone to some QC hiccups like any brand could have, which could translate to the Indy one happening to fit slightly different from the brown one.

Another idea might be thd socks you're wearing. Have you worn thicker socks in the white Indy ones? I have noticed shoes that fit a certain way feel "off" when I wear noticeably thicker or thinner socks. Especially thicker ones making existing shoes feel too tight.

Both models are predominantly all suede, so it's interesting that there's fit variability to this noticeable extent. I've had the occasional Joslin or Marana over the years fit slightly than the others but it's usually because of extra padding or leather used in some part of the upper, which makes it fit tighter.

When not wearing them, using the shoe stretcher or stuffing the toe full of packing paper or socks to spread the toe out could help make it roomier/longer.to not hurt your left foot as much
Super Champion Fun Zone

UrkelFan99

« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2023, 05:04:43 PM »
Just tried some old C1rcas from Ebay, because I thought I remembered them being wide. Tried them on and instantly felt too tight. I think I forgot that I used to just buy a size too big and live with it.

So at this point I'm basically at a loss. As I see it, my options are

1) skate skate shoes a full size too big with way too much room in the toe

or

2) skate shoes made for a wide foot that aren't made for skating

Both suck, but I'm probably going to go with 1 since it's cheaper.

Really fucking pissed Straye changed the only skate shoe that fit me in years.

Trail

• Rep: 8
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2023, 01:55:24 PM »
Are the eS Accel Slim as wide as the OG?

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2023, 03:04:43 PM »
1) skate skate shoes a full size too big with way too much room in the toe
or
2) skate shoes made for a wide foot that aren't made for skating

I've tried both, haven't found a good wide non-skate shoe that works well enough for skating.  Hoping the NB# wide options (440v2, 272, 574) coming in 2024 will be the ones.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2023, 02:32:13 AM »

Not at all. Far more modern and tapered in the toe. They're wide enough where the pinky toe sits but not as roomy and stubby round as the OG. Also, the height of the upper is lower than the OG so if you need vertical room for your toes, these aren't as spacious in that department either.

The only way they could be close in width is to go up sizes but then the length and fit is off elsewhere. Better off avoiding that shoe as it's practically a cheap fever dream version of what a "thin" Accel OG should be.

TLDR: no, not as wide. Had a 4-5 pairs at least so i know first hand, as well. Let out quite some complaints there haha
Super Champion Fun Zone

Bill Salt

« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2023, 03:29:48 AM »
Crocs

Trail

• Rep: 8
« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2023, 03:36:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not at all. Far more modern and tapered in the toe. They're wide enough where the pinky toe sits but not as roomy and stubby round as the OG. Also, the height of the upper is lower than the OG so if you need vertical room for your toes, these aren't as spacious in that department either.

The only way they could be close in width is to go up sizes but then the length and fit is off elsewhere. Better off avoiding that shoe as it's practically a cheap fever dream version of what a "thin" Accel OG should be.

TLDR: no, not as wide. Had a 4-5 pairs at least so i know first hand, as well. Let out quite some complaints there haha

Thank you, just saved me £60.

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2023, 10:15:52 AM »
Anyone know how the es Quattro fits in comparison the the Accel OG?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1036
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2023, 09:44:56 AM »
Shoutout to people who recommended Forums. Wide enough and actual fucking tanks.

Forum ADVs the current SW daily dose AND 20% bishes

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #267 on: October 30, 2023, 11:23:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have tried the Forums on. I did not find them very wide at all. Judging from this threat my feet are even wide among wide feet. I couldn't make joslins work either. I am currently skating NB 574 all coasts (one size up). At work I wear vans wayvees. They stretched out a bit and feel OK now. I will skate them next.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1036
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2023, 06:52:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have tried the Forums on. I did not find them very wide at all. Judging from this threat my feet are even wide among wide feet. I couldn't make joslins work either. I am currently skating NB 574 all coasts (one size up). At work I wear vans wayvees. They stretched out a bit and feel OK now. I will skate them next.

You must have some barney rubble ass feet as these jawns are very very wide.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #269 on: October 30, 2023, 07:26:17 PM »
If anyone has both Maranas and Joslins, could you compare the width? The insoles lined up on top of each other would give a very good idea of the differences (if any).