Author Topic: Quarantine Activities  (Read 11245 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Quarantine Activities
« on: March 22, 2020, 07:34:05 PM »
Most of us now are in quarantine and are trying to stay busy/entertained indoors. Figured it might be fun to post what we're all up to through these times.

Board game of the day: Monopoly

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Quarantine Activities
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 08:12:17 PM »
I ordered a bunch of books in case the postal service shuts down.  Bought Skyrim and Fallout 4 on sale the other day.  Currently playing a bit of Skyrim.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 10:55:24 PM »
I've been making beats and watching those "pastry chef tries to make" videos on youtube with the hot chef lady
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 02:30:54 AM »

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 03:31:06 AM »
I am currently writing an academic article on automation and labor in fast fashion. Thanks to Covid I can now focus on it full time. I also like to practice playing the trumpet and I cook a whole lot. Damn I am cultured!

A few years back I made a little art project with my old webcam: "inside and infront of the screen". Pretty self explanitory: All photos and videos were taken with my webcam inside my house and in front of the screen. (The thing has a cable connection, so there is nowhere else to use it really.) It was loosely inspired by warhol's screen tests and empire state building movie.
https://basilien.tumblr.com/

Do more creative things! I would like to see more reedits and photoshop threads!

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 05:27:55 AM »
is that the bookshelf edition of monopoly?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 06:30:09 AM »
Flatbar and woods

Sit here and cry because my kids are all getting sick and won't answer me
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 06:55:13 AM »
Been soaking up the sun on my balcony. It's a week today since we have been on lockdown in France. Boring as fuck just trying to keep the spirts up. I live alone now so not having someone to talk to face to face sucks.

Been hammering out DuoLingo (learning French it's free if anyone want to learn another language), and started a bass guitar course (online).

We're only allowed 15 mins of exercise outside your property, and can't go more than 500m. It's extra strict here as I live in the mountains and some girl fell to her death hiking last week.

Feel bad skating, like if I fuck myself up I'd feel so guilty going to the hospital.

Started doing yoga, figured why not also.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 07:25:43 AM »
I’m trying to learn how to code in Python through some YouTube videos. Also, ive been drinking lots of white claws over Skype with a few friends. It doesn’t feel much different from going out to be honest

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 07:45:02 AM »
Because of the quarantine I work from home everyday instead of twice a week. I think office jobs will be mostly remote once we get through this pandemic because it's far more convenient for workers and better for the environment.

Been trying to go on runs every other day so I don't end up looking like Jabba the Hut by June. Running is boring as fuck but it's great for mental clarity.

I spend most of my non work time caring for my 16-month old son, so I dont have the crazy amount of free time to learn some new shit like I want to.

When my son is asleep I might play something on my nintendo switch or read a book while my wife watches some bullshit on TV lol.

I'm thinking I might go to bed early but wake up early as fuck and spend that time doing something creative, I got time to figure it out.

Edit: Skateboarding is out of my life as of now. Can't really go out and skate with the social distancing and skate videos are torturous when you can't skate. The economic collapse might slash the prices of a lot of gear so I might cop a deck or 5 lol.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:50:12 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »
I've been making beats and watching those "pastry chef tries to make" videos on youtube with the hot chef lady

Are you referring to "Gourmet Makes" from Bon Appetit?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 10:09:09 AM »
I’m trying to learn how to code in Python through some YouTube videos. Also, ive been drinking lots of white claws over Skype with a few friends. It doesn’t feel much different from going out to be honest

I'm an on/off computer science student. If you need any help give me a holler. Have you programmed much before?

I've been programming in C lately. Not much experience with Python but I'll learn it eventually. What made you choose that language? I have a few e-books if you want them.

Other than programming. I'm reading Infinite Jest at the moment. Fucking awesome book so far. I've been playing a lot of Zelda BOTW too. I live with my girlfriend and her mother because our apartment burned down but her mom had to go take care of my girl's grandparents so we have the place to ourselves. I'm actually enjoying the quarantine to be honest.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 10:19:29 AM »
Monopoly for sure has helped a few hours out of this for me. Been really into wood burning too. I also primarily sell skate stuff on ebay so that hasn't stopped with all of this.

buy something ?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/hurtstoask/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 10:42:25 AM »
I've been working from home this past week, so far being inside so much hasn't really bothered me.
Mostly been getting caught up on some books, music, and videogames I've been meaning to check out.

PA closed all their wine & spirits stores, which is the only place to buy liquor here.
I don't really like beer, so my Twisted Tea & 4loko consumption has been getting kinda crazy.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 22
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 10:50:21 AM »
Yardwork, sex, WWE network, organize the office, print Shaqueefa shirts.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »

WWE HAS BEEN SO WEIRD !!!
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 11:20:19 AM »
I don't watch or know anything about wrestling really, but I liked this Chris Benoit doc that came out a few days ago:

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 11:24:37 AM »
Playing along to Beatles albums and smoking my weed

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 22
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 12:01:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

WWE HAS BEEN SO WEIRD !!!

That is why I fucks with the network. Put on Wrestlemania 6 in the background and do shit around the house.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 04:58:56 PM »
I've been working still and I'm pretty bummed about it. I mean I honestly feel like we all shouldn't for obvious reasons, but also I'm also jealous that I'm not allowed to stay home. I've got a pretty good amount of money saved, and I've been trying to get time off for a bit now. The worst part is I work with elderly people who aren't in the best state of health. I'm nervous I'll give it to them or that I'll get it from them.

Anyways I cleaned out most stores for their booze and cans of spaghettios. I'm set if need be.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm an on/off computer science student. If you need any help give me a holler. Have you programmed much before?

I've been programming in C lately. Not much experience with Python but I'll learn it eventually. What made you choose that language? I have a few e-books if you want them.

Other than programming. I'm reading Infinite Jest at the moment. Fucking awesome book so far. I've been playing a lot of Zelda BOTW too. I live with my girlfriend and her mother because our apartment burned down but her mom had to go take care of my girl's grandparents so we have the place to ourselves. I'm actually enjoying the quarantine to be honest.

Oh nice, I would definitely be down for those e-books! Thank you
But no, I haven’t had much experience with programming in the past. I’ve only watched some YouTube videos over the past quarter until school started becoming more hectic. I eventually want to get into computational chemistry, and programming is pretty essential for that field. I only chose python cus I’ve heard it’s the easiest to pick up out of all the other languages.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 07:48:58 PM »
watch sunrises.  i got empty logging roads behind where ill be staying in the country  so im gonna cycle on those.  my gf hopefully will lend me her volca beats.  tons of weed inhalation.  pull ups and yoga and other calastetics. jerk my dick off hopefully not too much
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »
Wow! You guys are all doing some cool stuff. Plan to dig up some books I have in the garage that I forgot about. Got some puzzles that im trying to tackle with the kids as well. Currently im about to check out this Erykah Badu online concert, I'm so hyped!

Also game of the day today is : Exploding Kittens

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:39:12 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 10:25:49 PM »
Told myself that I would be more productive than I have been. Trying not to be all that hard on myself with everything that’s been going on. Started reading a comic book my girlfriend lent me awhile back and watched some gardening videos on YouTube. Been going on walks with my fam a bunch and cooking together which has been nice. Probably going to tackle cleaning the basement tomorrow.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 10:42:07 PM »
I’ve been out of commission and a blob for the pst week as I was sick but am finally defeating it.

So far I’ve:
-started a 2k piece puzzle
-meditated/breathing exercises, daily (fast way to kill anxiety)
-moved furniture around on the patio to make room for my wife’s garden
-solidified my in-home livestream setup for work
-gotten really creative with how I wash my hands

I plan to:
-continue practicing Spanish
-re-do the patio to facilitate a more aesthetically pleasing garden for my wife
-Pickup some board games
-Do an in-home “fancy date night” (dress up, dinner, candles, dance, etc)
-cook outside of my 6 go-to dishes
-start yoga

I don’t know how long this will last but I’m taking it as it comes. If it goes longer than 2 months I’ll add more to this list.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 11:21:10 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 01:19:29 AM »
doing some houseworks, like fixing the paint on the walls and playing some worms world party.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:00 AM »
Anyone here play Harry Potter: Hogwart's Battle? I'm not a big HP fan but my girlfriend got me into the game and it's a pretty fun deckbuilding game. We played that all weekend while watching Star Wars 1-6.
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts. Working through my queue of episodes of Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend, Holly Randall Unfiltered and a bunch of Parcast Network podcasts about true crime.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

drewsmahgoos

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 08:36:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh nice, I would definitely be down for those e-books! Thank you
But no, I haven’t had much experience with programming in the past. I’ve only watched some YouTube videos over the past quarter until school started becoming more hectic. I eventually want to get into computational chemistry, and programming is pretty essential for that field. I only chose python cus I’ve heard it’s the easiest to pick up out of all the other languages.

That sounds pretty interesting. Syntactically, python is pretty easy and I know that a lot of the sciences utilize them.

One recommendation for programming; as soon as you learn rudimentary programming, you need to learn algorithms and data structures. There are lots of books and ways to learn them but it's what is going to turn you into a competent programmer. Otherwise, you'll be floundering around. I'll pm you with the ebooks but if anyone else reads this and wants some, feel free to pm me. I have a ton of programming books.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 01:28:39 PM »
Top quarantine activities of the day:

-Doing prison workout routines on ex-con's youtube pages

-Sitting with my ear against the kitchen floor to listen to my downstairs neighbors screaming at each other

-Seeing how many Twisted Tea tallboys I can drink before 5 pm

-Sexting with this girl who dumped me over the summer

-Listening to 2016 Cum Town episodes for probably the fourth time