Author Topic: wtf is going on in sf?  (Read 9887 times)

nollie front board

wtf is going on in sf?
« on: March 24, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »
jameel (aka jam) douglas bustin up some dude's car window.

then gets tossed to the ground by his dreads.

he rides for northern co.

shouldn't y'all be inside anyways?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9yJ6RzlZWZ/

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
Re: wtf is going on in sf?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:04:15 AM »
Alexa play wild In the streets
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 11:05:08 AM »
quality entertainment right there. just another day in SF

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 11:33:49 AM »

haha yeah this looks like it’s in front of king fu bar, which is on a busy street in the TL and gets fucking packed. unfortunate for jam, he’s one of the nicest dudes so something crazy must’ve really happened for all this to happen.

also this was posted on march 15, the last night bars were allowed to be open. shelter in place didn’t start for us until the 16th.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3314
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 11:39:56 AM »
World Star ain't got nothin' on SLAP these days, y'all.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
All I know is I had a La Taqueria burrito once when I visited and I still think about it sometimes.

nollie front board

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha yeah this looks like it’s in front of king fu bar, which is on a busy street in the TL and gets fucking packed. unfortunate for jam, he’s one of the nicest dudes so something crazy must’ve really happened for all this to happen.

also this was posted on march 15, the last night bars were allowed to be open. shelter in place didn’t start for us until the 16th.

thanks for clarifying.

folks must've been on one.

a last hurrah.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »
All I know is I had a La Taqueria burrito once when I visited and I still think about it sometimes.

Taqueria Cancun is where it's at. Their salsa verde? Whoooooo boy I'll tell you h'what.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »
yeah im sure this isnt out of the ordinary for out there anyway so its chill

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 01:09:59 PM »

On Mission? I ate there so much when I was in SF 6 years ago or whatever. Still think about that carne asada supreme burrito all the time. Once of the best things I've ever eaten in my life. I don't even eat meat anymore but if I ever go back to SF I'm wolfing one of those bad boys down for sure.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 01:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Taqueria Cancun is where it's at. Their salsa verde? Whoooooo boy I'll tell you h'what.

Expand Quote
[close]

On Mission? I ate there so much when I was in SF 6 years ago or whatever. Still think about that carne asada supreme burrito all the time. Once of the best things I've ever eaten in my life. I don't even eat meat anymore but if I ever go back to SF I'm wolfing one of those bad boys down for sure.

the crispy chorizo tacos are really good from la taqueria. something about their chorizo. they wouldn't tell us where they got it from. kinda sucks the place is always packed but damn the food is good as fuck. i recommend you come back and eat another burrito or take it to go and eat the crispy chorizo tacos

my go to is always carne asada super burrito from wherever i'm at

thanks for the tip on the salsa verde. i'll try it when I can go outside, make it a date with myself.

anyone got any other taqueria favorites where they're at? like does one place do a certain kind of meat better

nothing's been the since same

Autozone

• Rep: 61
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2020, 01:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the crispy chorizo tacos are really good from la taqueria. something about their chorizo. they wouldn't tell us where they got it from. kinda sucks the place is always packed but damn the food is good as fuck. i recommend you come back and eat another burrito or take it to go and eat the crispy chorizo tacos

thanks for the tip on the salsa verde. i'll try it when I can go outside, make it a date with myself.

anyone got any other taqueria favorites where they're at? like does one place do a certain kind of meat better

Never liked La Taqueria’s burritos but you ain’t lying about their chorizo tacos. So fuckin good! My go to is Guadalajara for burritos. I usually get a half chorizo, half asada super burrito. Also, it’s not in SF but Taqueria San Bruno is crackin enough that it’s worth the short trip.

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2020, 01:57:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Never liked La Taqueria’s burritos but you ain’t lying about their chorizo tacos. So fuckin good! My go to is Guadalajara for burritos. I usually get a half chorizo, half asada super burrito. Also, it’s not in SF but Taqueria San Bruno is crackin enough that it’s worth the short trip.

never really fucked with la taqueria as a kid and i probably won’t still because it’s always packed. but i should try again.

vallarta has good burritos and their taco bar has like 10+ meat options. their salsa bar is hella good, too. that dark chipotle one is the go to.

taco trucks, el tonayense in front of best buy & el gallo giro for sure.

taqueria san bruno is a good spot! if you’re around that area, la tapatia has some of the best carnitas i’ve had.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Autozone

• Rep: 61
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

never really fucked with la taqueria as a kid and i probably won’t still because it’s always packed. but i should try again.

vallarta has good burritos and their taco bar has like 10+ meat options. their salsa bar is hella good, too. that dark chipotle one is the go to.

taco trucks, el tonayense in front of best buy & el gallo giro for sure.

taqueria san bruno is a good spot! if you’re around that area, la tapatia has some of the best carnitas i’ve had.

Yup! La Tapatia is where my girl’s mom gets all her tamale supplies come Christmas. I fuckin hate all holidays but I fuck with those tamales.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 161
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 02:33:38 PM »
It would appear the answer to your question is: Good Mexican food. That’s WTF is going down in the bay.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
fight and skating were exciting but that first dude who passed by bombing the hill, he was hauling some serious ass. he was going Mach Phelps.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 02:48:31 PM »
All I know is Jam better be okay.  Best style for sure. 

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 241
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 03:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Guadalajara is great, that and Vallarta are my go to's on 24th (good call whoever mentioned their salsa bar). If I'm south of Cesar Chavez I'll go to the Cancun across from El Rio, seems to be better than the other 2 quality wise (maybe it's just less blown out cause it's less central). Puerto Alegre's pitchers of Margaritas are sick too

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2020, 03:33:13 PM »
It would appear the answer to your question is: Good Mexican food. That’s WTF is going down in the bay.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »
dudes 5-0 on the train track was dope

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 03:38:31 PM »
I’ve come to realize a lot of the sf scene are just assholes. Prolly that stress living 7 people to a 1 bedroom.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »
I was in SF in January, tried to go to Casa Sanchez, that place just a couple blocks down 24th from Potrero with the little guy riding a corn rocket logo, it was the spot to go back in like 2010-2011 when I lived in the bay and when I got there that shit looked permanently closed?? Not boarded up but pretty derelict. Went to a little hole in the wall called San Francisco Taco across from Pop's, it was good but no Casa Sanchez. Anyone know if this is truly the case?
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 03:44:16 PM »

ballintoohard

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »
Vallarta is where you go if you're smart and local, La Taqueria if you're visiting or feeling fancy (I equate time spent in line to lost potential hourly wages to compound the price).

If you're in the East Bay Fiesta Taco in Pleasanton and basically any taqueria in Livermore is going to be just as good.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 03:56:35 PM »
I fucks wit El Farolito(s) on the regular; that chili relleno burrito is bangin’.
For desayunas, San Jalisco on S. Van Ness is the real deal.
Cancun is pretty good down towards me. I’m at the “top of the Mish” so I’m swimming in Central American goodness over here, most days.
There are three different pupusarias within a block of my place.  ;D

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 04:03:18 PM »
You can't pay me to go in to the city anymore, and Lorena's in San Jose shits on everything anyway.

If you're hungry and at the Fremont park, Las Vegas Taqueria out by NUMI is good.

Hayward, your only good option is Uruapan on Industrial and Huntwood.

Austen Seaholmes

• Rep: 1
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 04:16:06 PM »
You can't pay me to go in to the city anymore, and Lorena's in San Jose shits on everything anyway.

If you're hungry and at the Fremont park, Las Vegas Taqueria out by NUMI is good.

Hayward, your only good option is Uruapan on Industrial and Huntwood.
yeah cuz when i'm hungry I often think do I want something in sf or sj?? if you're in the city I think you could give a fuck about whats going on in san jose and vice versa. two different worlds

• Rep: 31
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 04:48:40 PM »
I was in SF in January, tried to go to Casa Sanchez, that place just a couple blocks down 24th from Potrero with the little guy riding a corn rocket logo, it was the spot to go back in like 2010-2011 when I lived in the bay and when I got there that shit looked permanently closed?? Not boarded up but pretty derelict. Went to a little hole in the wall called San Francisco Taco across from Pop's, it was good but no Casa Sanchez. Anyone know if this is truly the case?

Yeah, that place has been closed for years, which sucks because they promised a burrito a day for life for anyone who got the little corn rocketman tattoo back in the 90s.

I thought about it but just couldn’t get into their salsa. I’d definitely have gotten the palm tree tattoo if Cancun had a similar offer.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
El Farlitos Putos