Author Topic: Underrated Artists  (Read 597 times)

computerdate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
Underrated Artists
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
Post and discuss your favorite artists/bands you feel are underrated. I know “underrated” is subjective and probably used entirely too much, so try to provide context or any info to back up your claim.

My pick is the Swirlies. This album was released in 93. They’ve become slightly more renowned over the past few years but I still think they’re criminally underrated. There has been a resurgence of “shoegaze/dream pop/noise rock” in the last decade but for some reason they haven’t seemed to become a revered name among people into that stuff. The biggest crime might be that they were from America, if they were from the UK they would have been stars. If you’re into My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth and noisy indie rock in general give it a try.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • 10th Prestige
Re: Underrated Artists
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »
Chat Pile

Need to see a part with Dallas Beltway
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Banned from the room

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:28:55 PM »

CC is underrated.

They say this was a disaster I guess? He's fucking 10 foot tall and he said Fuck it. Talk dirty is the song.

It's almost a pop punk song if it wasn't for the metal bullshit bubble gum lyrics.

Cc worshipped Johnny Thunders. Who fucking didn't. Total guitar hero total scum Fuck.dtk

Banned from the room

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:43:23 PM »

Dr Dew

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 04:30:04 PM »

underrated because the Leon Ware version gets all the shine (is good as well). Leon’s original has like 750k views, this one has barely over 1k
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:51:09 PM by Dr Dew »

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
Post and discuss your favorite artists/bands you feel are underrated. I know “underrated” is subjective and probably used entirely too much, so try to provide context or any info to back up your claim.

My pick is the Swirlies. This album was released in 93. They’ve become slightly more renowned over the past few years but I still think they’re criminally underrated. There has been a resurgence of “shoegaze/dream pop/noise rock” in the last decade but for some reason they haven’t seemed to become a revered name among people into that stuff. The biggest crime might be that they were from America, if they were from the UK they would have been stars. If you’re into My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth and noisy indie rock in general give it a try.
i was just listening to this the other day,,,, so good

Skateboard Shuffle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »

Swirlies and Feelies. Two great underrated bands with funny names.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 10:55:15 AM »
I have a term that I use, called "Underrated/Overrated bands".

What I mean is that they are popular bands that everybody likes (mostly cause of their radio hits), but i feel like nobody truly knows HOW GOOD they really are.  Not just the "hits" but the deep cuts.

Bon Scott-era AC/DC and Thin Lizzy are prime examples.  Maybe The Byrds as well.

computerdate

• Rep: 18
  • I hope they keep down the price of gas
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 01:44:05 PM »
Swirlies and Feelies. Two great underrated bands with funny names.

Crazy Rhythms is a classic. The Good Earth is a good one too.

I have a term that I use, called "Underrated/Overrated bands".

What I mean is that they are popular bands that everybody likes (mostly cause of their radio hits), but i feel like nobody truly knows HOW GOOD they really are.  Not just the "hits" but the deep cuts.

Bon Scott-era AC/DC and Thin Lizzy are prime examples.  Maybe The Byrds as well.

I definitely know what you mean.  I’d add Devo, Oingo Boingo, and many others to that list

Brguy

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 09:11:36 PM »
I've been getting into death metal recently and I think Cynic is a bit underrated compared to how much people idolize Death and some other more "brutal" bands.