Author Topic: Chris Joslin tre flip el toro tries posted EDIT: (2nd session added)  (Read 9848 times)

Tracerstracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: Chris Joslin tre flip el toro tries posted EDIT: (2nd session added)
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2020, 03:40:10 PM »
Wouldn't it be sick if he save a good landing for his next part just to fuck with people?

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2020, 05:24:28 PM »
Man that roll away one would mess up my head for life.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »
Man that roll away one would mess up my head for life.

this is what is so crazy about this. total headfuck

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 06:03:16 PM »
He would have totally made it if his truck hadn't fucked up. That said, his truck did fuck up and he didn't make it. I would have quit my truck sponsor that very minute.
I believe he left venture for indy immediately after this. He said so in an indy video I think. I hope you appreciate this info enough to not hate me for admitting I watched an indy joslin video

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 07:28:44 PM »
That's a make if Fat Bill is filming

Or if it’s a zero video.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 434
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2020, 01:06:44 AM »
Wouldn't it be sick if he save a good landing for his next part just to fuck with people?

What would that trick be called? A reverse Sheckler?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2020, 06:01:46 AM »
This reminds me of Billy's flip boardslide down Wilshire, while I love the trick and the edit in the part he does start to fall off with the way his board is rolling into the planter and his body weight is off to the right.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2020, 06:21:15 AM »
I don't think he was clear as to whether or not he'll go back and try to land it.
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
Re: Chris Joslin tre flip el toro tries posted
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2020, 06:48:37 AM »
Honestly bachibskys kickflip was a fluke

El toro is just too big to be skated as a gap

I don't think the kickflip was a fluke at all. dude was in control of pretty much every attempt, and there have now been 10 or so tricks to go down the set.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2020, 09:28:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Why would that count?
[close]

I grew up with 90s skateboarding and I was cool with that...I know today's standards its unacceptable but I would have been juiced on that and would have said good enough

reminds me when chris cole 360 flipped Wallenberg and said bailing like that all those times for that one trick wasn't worth it

90's definitely a make. These days the younger kids I know call bullshit on Tim's ender in EE3 for stepping off even though he Ollied a street:

https://youtu.be/u4M7hs6OtRk?t=168

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2020, 09:43:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why would that count?
[close]

I grew up with 90s skateboarding and I was cool with that...I know today's standards its unacceptable but I would have been juiced on that and would have said good enough

reminds me when chris cole 360 flipped Wallenberg and said bailing like that all those times for that one trick wasn't worth it
[close]

90's definitely a make. These days the younger kids I know call bullshit on Tim's ender in EE3 for stepping off even though he Ollied a street:

To be fair I never counted that Ollie either, though I never watched it in the 90s. It’s a huge Ollie but I always thought, if he could do it once he could do it again and try to not skate at that electrical box for a clean ride away.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:26:43 PM by enrgydrnkr »

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why would that count?
[close]

[close]

[close]
To be fair I never counted that Ollie either, though I never watched it in the 90s. It’s a huge Ollie but I always though, if he could do it once he could do it again and try to not skate at that electrical box for a clean ride away.

See also; Alex Olson's MACBA street Ollie where he steps off. You could argue that that was a sensible choice though as his other option seems to be to plow full speed into a concrete wall.
In Tim's case though it looks like he would have been able to keep rolling....had he been able to stay on his board.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2020, 10:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why would that count?
[close]

[close]

[close]
To be fair I never counted that Ollie either, though I never watched it in the 90s. It’s a huge Ollie but I always though, if he could do it once he could do it again and try to not skate at that electrical box for a clean ride away.

I never had those standards for skaters back then, but we hardly had access to shit so any clip be it sketchy or not in the end wasnt a concern, we were like damn thats cool

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2020, 12:11:51 PM »
It's not a full make. But I'd say that if the only reason he didn't keep rolling is due to his truck breaking - something beyond his control - then it shouldn't be discounted either.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2020, 06:08:17 PM »
Expand Quote
He would have totally made it if his truck hadn't fucked up. That said, his truck did fuck up and he didn't make it. I would have quit my truck sponsor that very minute.
[close]
I believe he left venture for indy immediately after this. He said so in an indy video I think. I hope you appreciate this info enough to not hate me for admitting I watched an indy joslin video

Good for him, their lack of durability cost him the trick of his life. I ride Ventures and love them, but I'm not flipping down 20 stairs
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2020, 10:11:53 PM »
If that were me Julia Joslin would've found my dead body the next day. What a mind fuck. He should do it on the 20 stair that Tommy Sandoval fs flipped.

Chumbo

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2020, 08:57:12 PM »
Another angle

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »
If you cut the clip right as he rolls over the crack it looks like a perfect make. I would have just used it as my third to last trick no slomo

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 28
  • old leg
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2020, 07:26:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

They're posting the 2nd session later.
[close]

i was about to say. he apparently had a baker maker at some point and didn't think he'd be holding on to that if he was swearing off the spot.

also is it really unskateble now? I thought someone figured that gate thing out.

edit: oh damn Full Joslin Etnies part on the 30th?
[close]

I think he said in his Nine Club interview that his truck broke when he landed so while he was riding away, he got tossed sideways of his board

heard in the interview with the Chief that the moment he broke the Ventures off trying that he quit straightaway to ride Indy.