Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64679 times)

douchenozzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
  • "I am the party"-DLR
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #540 on: June 16, 2021, 05:27:17 PM »
Has anyone had a good (or bad)  experience with the new Nike SB Bruin Reacts? I'd like to wear a comfortable cupsole sneaker and the newest colorway looks nice. I'm curious about sizing and cushioning, especially if the sole forefoot is thick enough?

I just finished my second pair. Probably my favorite Nike model I’ve skated. It’s a really durable shoe for suede. Also I hope Nike will use the react insole in more models. It’s like lunarlon that doesn’t pack out. My only complaint is that it can run narrow. The 2nd pair had this problem but the first pair wasn’t really an issue

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #541 on: June 17, 2021, 01:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated the new crockett 2 hi-tops?

I think they look cool for a cupsole..
[close]

that fucking plastic piece on the heel is a blister magnet for folks with chunky heels. other than that an amazing shoe once broken in. would recommend!

Second this.

I decided to get these in the all black cw back in last November.

Only down side for me was the blisters and that the new vans molds are too damn wide.

But I'd say this shoe is one of the premier hi tops in the skate shoe market.

But now I'm back on chuck70s which are the shoe for me

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2021, 07:56:18 PM »
Expand Quote
I had two pairs. They are true to size as far as width, can be a little large lengthwise. I wore 1 tts 1 half size down, I'll buy tts when I find them again. No room for aftermarket insoles, they would make your heel sit too high and slip. But there's no need for them anyway, the midsole has a nice arch an the boost is very noticeable, I would land hard on my heels and feel nothing. They have a drop on the toes but not as drastically as other adidas, good board feel. The upper gets kinda floppy. Very good flick. My two pairs wore down on the sole first, they have the 3mc sole which I don't love but apart of that they have good materials, esp the rubber on the toeside.

Sorry if that was too long but I think they are one of the best shoes out there, give them a try.
[close]

@Quique I just got my pair today. They feel incredible. You were 100% correct with your no room for aftermarket insoles comment. I'm psyched that they don't seem to require an aftermarket though. Thanks for taking the time. <3

Glad to have helped, that colorway is great! Also love how good they look on feet vs stock photos.

WadeDes

• Rep: -1
« Reply #543 on: June 23, 2021, 11:27:24 AM »
Anyone skated the new lucas puig adidas model?
How where they?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #544 on: June 23, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »
How where they?
Super nice, only downfall is that laces untie like crazy. Besides that they're perfect.
Comfy, good boardfeel, decent cushioning and super stylish.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:05:54 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2021, 12:08:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone had a good (or bad)  experience with the new Nike SB Bruin Reacts? I'd like to wear a comfortable cupsole sneaker and the newest colorway looks nice. I'm curious about sizing and cushioning, especially if the sole forefoot is thick enough?

[close]
I just finished my second pair. Probably my favorite Nike model I’ve skated. It’s a really durable shoe for suede. Also I hope Nike will use the react insole in more models. It’s like lunarlon that doesn’t pack out. My only complaint is that it can run narrow. The 2nd pair had this problem but the first pair wasn’t really an issue

they fit TTS for me, are super comfy, soles not as sticky as Blazer Lows, fit even better than Blazer Mids for me (kind of narrow feet, most Vans are not for me). the Bruin was sturdier/more durable than most shoes i've skated, i think they are really overlooked – rarely see them in parks/at spots.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #546 on: June 23, 2021, 02:44:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

they fit TTS for me, are super comfy, soles not as sticky as Blazer Lows, fit even better than Blazer Mids for me (kind of narrow feet, most Vans are not for me). the Bruin was sturdier/more durable than most shoes i've skated, i think they are really overlooked – rarely see them in parks/at spots.

I especially dig this colorway. I'm tying to save money right now and I just purchased those Adidas 3ST004 with boost but I'm so curious about the react insoles. Can you ever buy just Nike insoles separate from the shoes?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #547 on: June 23, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
How where they?
[close]
Super nice, only downfall is that laves untie like crazy. Besides that they're perfect.

Confirmed, they are good, almost no break in time. They did not last me very long tho.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

LebowskisRug

« Reply #548 on: July 07, 2021, 07:27:56 AM »
Can anyone compare 440’s and Tyshawns?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • &#633;&#477;&#652;&#477;&#633;o&#607; llo&#7450;
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #549 on: July 07, 2021, 09:28:21 AM »
Had both, loved both.
Tyshawn's are more supportive tho.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #550 on: July 08, 2021, 06:21:19 AM »

Had both - liked the Tyshawn, didn't like the 440 (but I know I'm in the minority on Slap with that).

- 440 has a bit more cushioning under the heel, but thins out toward the forefoot - I believe they call the cushioning a 'heel wedge' or something, and that's exactly what it feels like. I found the 440 sole too thin in the forefoot, which made it a bad shoe for me, but a lot of people on here swear by it. Tyshawn is flatter under your foot - less cushioning under the heel, but no drop from heel to toe and more support under your forefoot.

- 440 is more flexible out of the box; Tyshawn will probably require a few days of walking around before they feel ready to skate.

- Tyshawn is a mid, and 440 is a pretty low collar. Not much room for an aftermarket insole or orthotic or anything in the 440, and I didn't find the heel lock to be to my liking.

- 440 has a long, narrow toebox that is kind of shaped like a chisel tip marker. Tyshawn has a short, rounder toebox.

- 440 fits a little longer - if you got both in the same size, they probably won't both fit. To me, Tyshawn is TTS or slightly smaller; 440 fits a half size big. Your mileage may vary, as the shape of your foot makes a difference.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2021, 01:47:02 AM »
Only shoes that don't hurt my feet at the moment are the nike gts return
They are getting hard to find and don't last super long

Looking for similar.. been Looking at the samba adv or maybe bruin react

No shops are open here so no option of trying either on.

Any suggestions of something similar to a gts return fit wise?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2021, 06:11:37 AM »

Haven't tried the GTS but currently skating the Bruin React and they rule. Great support and impact protection while maintaining boardfeel. They've also been really durable. The only thing about them I don't like is no tongue centering straps. Otherwise, they're pretty perfect.

Also just realized you were looking for a fit comparison, so I'm sorry that the above probably isn't helpful.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2021, 07:08:40 AM »

Just get the Bruin Reacts... skating one right now after some other stuff and they're just the best. Even though the stitching at one shoe broke after two sessions, they're still holding up and I just love how they feel, the protection + boardfeel + ventilation and then the looks. The insoles are amazing. Sorry for the hype, but right now I'd say they're my fav shoe so far (just ahead of Dunks, 1010s and old Puigs, which are a different beast).

fakie varial flip

« Reply #554 on: July 28, 2021, 07:30:49 PM »
Has anyone tried the Emerica Gammas yet?

I have an incredibly wide forefoot (at the bunyon area) so don't have much luck with shoes other than Vans (old skools especially). I did have the Emerica Spanky G6, which was a sweet shoe, but was slightly too narrow and also slightly too long even though it was a one piece toe. I can tell the Gammas are wider in the middle of the foot, but I am worried about that longer, narrower Emerica toe. Are the Gammas any wider than the Spanky G6 at the forefoot or is there a relevant comparison to Vans anyone can give?

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2021, 11:07:26 AM »

I have an incredibly wide forefoot (at the bunyon area) so don't have much luck with shoes other than Vans (old skools especially). I did have the Emerica Spanky G6, which was a sweet shoe, but was slightly too narrow and also slightly too long even though it was a one piece toe. I can tell the Gammas are wider in the middle of the foot, but I am worried about that longer, narrower Emerica toe. Are the Gammas any wider than the Spanky G6 at the forefoot or is there a relevant comparison to Vans anyone can give?

Haven’t seen the Gammas yet, but I was just thinking today that the NB 1010s are pretty wide in the front. Not quite like the sk8 his I had before them, I loved the width of those but skating in Vans doesn’t suit the old bones any more, but pretty comfortable. I was worried about the Bruin Reacts I got now but even though they are significantly more narrow I didn’t even think about the shoes during the first session, just felt great. But yeah I’d say have a look at NB.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Gnarles Mingus

• Rep: 6
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2021, 03:45:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just get the Bruin Reacts... skating one right now after some other stuff and they're just the best. Even though the stitching at one shoe broke after two sessions, they're still holding up and I just love how they feel, the protection + boardfeel + ventilation and then the looks. The insoles are amazing. Sorry for the hype, but right now I'd say they're my fav shoe so far (just ahead of Dunks, 1010s and old Puigs, which are a different beast).

Has anyone had any luck reusing the react insoles in other shoes? They are thicccc. Seems unlikely they would be fit in most other shoes unless maybe you force them into some high tops.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #557 on: August 01, 2021, 09:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haven’t seen the Gammas yet, but I was just thinking today that the NB 1010s are pretty wide in the front. Not quite like the sk8 his I had before them, I loved the width of those but skating in Vans doesn’t suit the old bones any more, but pretty comfortable. I was worried about the Bruin Reacts I got now but even though they are significantly more narrow I didn’t even think about the shoes during the first session, just felt great. But yeah I’d say have a look at NB.

I've tried the 213s and those still have a weird tightness - it's weird because they look wider than my old skools, but the old skools fit better. I'll have to look at the 1010s then, certainly a better looking shoe than the 213 I have

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #558 on: August 01, 2021, 10:32:47 AM »
Adidas Forum 84s or Pro Models? Both are high tops and are in the same relative price range, but sadly no stores around me have them in stock to even get an idea of fit.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #559 on: August 01, 2021, 03:15:05 PM »
Adidas Forum 84s or Pro Models? Both are high tops and are in the same relative price range, but sadly no stores around me have them in stock to even get an idea of fit.

Just to bump. Any additional info on the forums. Fit, performance skate ability. Are the Diego’s different?

Adidas is marketing that shoe hard. My girl asked me for a pair yesterday cause they showed up in her feed.

Fhk

« Reply #560 on: August 23, 2021, 06:44:09 PM »
I am going to an Adidas outlet tomorrow (that's a big deal where I live haha). I have never skated Adidas other than Shelltoes. So I am looking for recommendations on what to look for and what to stay away from. Thanks yo.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 48
« Reply #561 on: August 23, 2021, 09:22:50 PM »
I am going to an Adidas outlet tomorrow (that's a big deal where I live haha). I have never skated Adidas other than Shelltoes. So I am looking for recommendations on what to look for and what to stay away from. Thanks yo.

Stan smiths, campus, gazelles, sambas, and obviously shell toes and so forth

basically if it has a skate profile and good slightly flexy sole ur good

would recommend Stans and sambas if you've never tried them

stay away from soccer shoes (even the indoor classic skate-looking ones have hard ass soles in my experience)

also stay the fuck away from grand courts for the love of god

Fhk

« Reply #562 on: August 24, 2021, 03:50:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

stay away from soccer shoes (even the indoor classic skate-looking ones have hard ass soles in my experience)

Great thanks man! I will be on the lookout for thise. Do they typically carry anything from their skate lineup at these places?

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #563 on: August 24, 2021, 04:38:29 AM »
I’m about to pull the trigger on a pair of Janoski “RM”   Supposedly remastered version with the main difference being the heel cushion insert.

I loved a bunch of the original in suede, these are also suede, but wanted to see if anyone had skated them as a direct comparison to the original models?

Specifically interested in sizing (i always found Sbs to be TTS) and foot support?

I’m flip flopping between them and a slip on cupsole if I can get my hands on the emerica one.

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #564 on: August 24, 2021, 11:55:20 AM »
I have the Janoski RM and I’m not that stoked on them. They’re fine to wear around but they’re more comfortable without socks (at least on me). I get heel slip unless I tighten them up a bunch but then they’re too tight in all the wrong places. My feet are narrow and flat so you would think that shoe would be perfect for me. I did by them at the NIKE outlet though so maybe there’s something wrong with them?

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #565 on: August 24, 2021, 12:09:18 PM »
I have the Janoski RM and I’m not that stoked on them. They’re fine to wear around but they’re more comfortable without socks (at least on me). I get heel slip unless I tighten them up a bunch but then they’re too tight in all the wrong places. My feet are narrow and flat so you would think that shoe would be perfect for me. I did by them at the NIKE outlet though so maybe there’s something wrong with them?

Cheers for the input.
Hmmm I’m going to hold off on them I think.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #566 on: August 24, 2021, 10:01:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Great thanks man! I will be on the lookout for thise. Do they typically carry anything from their skate lineup at these places?

Maybe I'm late but yes, they carry a lot of their skate stuff. I've actually seen some clothes drop in outlets only, like hardies or welcome collabs.

I would stay away from samba/campus adv, mostly any other skate shoe is fine. Show us what you find!

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
  • &#3232;_&#3232;
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2021, 09:36:36 AM »
My last time at an adidas outlet they had a lot of Busenitz’s

Has anyone skated these? They’re not on the skate line but look kinda great…

https://www.adidas.com/us/pro-model-shoes/FV5723.html?forceSelSize=12

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2021, 06:22:47 PM »
My last time at an adidas outlet they had a lot of Busenitz’s

Has anyone skated these? They’re not on the skate line but look kinda great…

https://www.adidas.com/us/pro-model-shoes/FV5723.html?forceSelSize=12

I haven't, but I'm sure there are plenty that do/did. Maybe check the "non skate shoes good for skating" thread? I think I saw someone in there talk about em.

They have a thicker tongue and thicker collar than the pro model ADV that are for skating. If that's up your alley, then I don't see why you shouldn't try em if you find em for a good price
Super Champion Fun Zone

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #569 on: August 26, 2021, 01:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
How where they?
[close]
Super nice, only downfall is that laces untie like crazy. Besides that they're perfect.
I just got a pair of these from a homie, 1 size too big to skate but they feel perfect for skating.
Will try a pair for sure!