Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64273 times)

joe momma

Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated the new versions of the Superstars? How's the impact protection and support?

[close]
Ben Degros had pretty good video about them.
[close]

I watched it, but he didn't really go over the impact protection and support, just really more of the boardfeel and durability.

Although since the boardfeel was shit, I could probably assume the protection is godly lol

After skating 15+ pairs of these in the past 2 years I have some feedback. Save yor insoles from the old shoes.  - they take a week to break in. The huge insole that comprises the core structure of the shoe will get softer over time and that will also lead to less impact protection. The flick contact piece of the shoe will eventually smooth out and cone a bit( like a wheel thats been powerslid too many times) definitely not quick to get used to but once you do they're amazing.  switching back to other adidas - soccer or sport inspired was tough. switching between round and pointy toe shoes was never something I enjoyed.

Crabby_Bastard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2020, 11:25:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated the new versions of the Superstars? How's the impact protection and support?

[close]
Ben Degros had pretty good video about them.
[close]

I watched it, but he didn't really go over the impact protection and support, just really more of the boardfeel and durability.

Although since the boardfeel was shit, I could probably assume the protection is godly lol
[close]

After skating 15+ pairs of these in the past 2 years I have some feedback. Save yor insoles from the old shoes.  - they take a week to break in. The huge insole that comprises the core structure of the shoe will get softer over time and that will also lead to less impact protection. The flick contact piece of the shoe will eventually smooth out and cone a bit( like a wheel thats been powerslid too many times) definitely not quick to get used to but once you do they're amazing.  switching back to other adidas - soccer or sport inspired was tough. switching between round and pointy toe shoes was never something I enjoyed.

This version of the superstar has a different sole and insole than the version you are referring to.
How much for an order of ribs?

Glurmpz

« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2020, 09:32:27 PM »

Not sure if etnies mentions it on their BMX models on their site or any shop that sells them but I've seen them mention on IG when advertising a shoe (Marana Crank for example) that there is a shaft or crank (some tech term) in the midsole for enhanced pedal feel and protection. I think that brown Veer night have something similar in it since it's a BMX model but I can't verify. If you try any other color of the Veer they will feel much more flexible but still sturdy like etnies cupsoles tend to be. I promise you, so they're worth a try if you can get a different colorway! 👍🏻👍🏻
All those shoes are comparable to the Veer, so you should like the  board feel and protection in the Veer. Hope we helped!

There's no plate, but I wonder if they possibly use a harder durometer compound for the bmx sole? I've sanded about half the thickness of the tread off them, and already skated them 4 times, and they still feel like rocks compared to the Accel Slim Plus, which has a thicker sole than the Accel Slim. Very little boardfeel. Too bad, I was really stoked on trying this shoe but I won't risk investing in another with the same sole (though these were only $30 from the distro). Bit too bulky. Not even close to the feel/flexibilty of any of my other shoes. The Scam and LoCuts I had were perfect, using a modern version of the old school etnies sole.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2020, 10:49:49 AM »
Don’t know if this is the best thread for this question but who has the best outsoles in the game? I blow through soles and I mean blowwww through those hoes! My shoes last me 2 weeks of everyday skating (lakai’s) and then I have holes in the balls of my feet on my shoes lmao. I’m not even heavy or anything! My Reynolds g6 lasted me like 3 weeks and same problem I was down to the red foam under the gumsoles.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2020, 11:56:52 AM »
Don’t know if this is the best thread for this question but who has the best outsoles in the game? I blow through soles and I mean blowwww through those hoes! My shoes last me 2 weeks of everyday skating (lakai’s) and then I have holes in the balls of my feet on my shoes lmao. I’m not even heavy or anything! My Reynolds g6 lasted me like 3 weeks and same problem I was down to the red foam under the gumsoles.

I have this exact problem. Longest lasting for have been:

Cupsole - dunks, busenitz
Vulcanized - blazers, rowans

If the rowans hold up a few more weeks they'll be my new go-to.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2020, 01:40:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hell yeah good to hear as I have 2 pairs of rowans waiting to be shredded. Will report back on the longevity.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »
Etnies Michelin soles are durable. Maybe the most durable I've had next to Dunks.
I'll skate my Maranas and Joslins for at least a month and there's barely any wear on the soles.  That's usually skating street and parks, plus running Mob grip
Super Champion Fun Zone

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #187 on: June 07, 2020, 06:38:10 PM »

20.99 had to grab em. Lutzka was on a while.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:39:41 PM by Hyliannightmare »

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2020, 12:32:19 AM »

Lol just rip 2 of the lines off and hopefully nobody will be able to read the sole.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2020, 05:21:56 AM »
Just wanted to post a quick update on the Nike SB Team Classics which I know a few more people are running now or have asked about.  The regular suede ones have lasted considerably longer than the leather ones did.  I superglued the seams and they show very little wear.  The nylon on the upper is kind of ugly looking once it gets worn but has held up.  The weak link continues to be the insole breakdown, especially on the heel, but I still probably have a few weeks left.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2020, 05:39:27 AM »
Just wanted to post a quick update on the Nike SB Team Classics which I know a few more people are running now or have asked about.  The regular suede ones have lasted considerably longer than the leather ones did.  I superglued the seams and they show very little wear.  The nylon on the upper is kind of ugly looking once it gets worn but has held up.  The weak link continues to be the insole breakdown, especially on the heel, but I still probably have a few weeks left.
hows the outsole durability

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2020, 05:57:11 AM »

How's that a pro and not a con?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2020, 06:16:38 AM »
hows the outsole durability

Really good.  Much better than the AVE's I have in the rotation.

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2020, 02:01:03 AM »
Anyone tried out the Nike sb Adversary yet?

sk8ergurl

• Rep: -14
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2020, 07:16:10 AM »
you should try STRAYE. wicked comfortable and some dope styles. pretty cheap too.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2020, 07:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
hell yeah good to hear as I have 2 pairs of rowans waiting to be shredded. Will report back on the longevity.
I'm a month in on my rowans and toe and ollie area (where I usually tear a hole) still look untouched. The huge vulc bumper really protects my huge blowout areas. The sole is also feeling great and unfloppy unlike some vans pros I've had. Bought 2 more rowans a couple weeks ago. I'll prob be good on shoes for at least the rest of the year.

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2020, 09:24:24 AM »
Anyone had the New Balance 288? Does it fit tts? Heel lock? The 255s and old PJs fit a bit small on me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2020, 07:33:20 PM »
Anyone had the New Balance 288? Does it fit tts? Heel lock? The 255s and old PJs fit a bit small on me.

288 are one of the best shoes I've ever skated, not that durable tho. Go half size bigger.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2020, 07:35:36 PM »
you should try stay the fuck out of STRAYE. wicked comfortable and some dope styles. pretty cheap too. worst pieces of shit ever unless you want a shoe that lasts 5 days.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »
Thinking about trying the etnies veer, Es accel slim or dc legacy slim. Should I go with my SB’s dunk size? I went with that size in the lakai carrols and that was a mistake. I should have ordered a half size larger. I have a narrow mid foot but I like a roomy long toe box. It can be an unfortunate aesthetic but that’s my foot shape.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:59:02 PM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »
Thinking about trying the etnies veer, Es accel slim or dc legacy slim. Should I go with my SB’s dunk size? I went with that size in the lakai carrols and that was a mistake. I should have ordered a half size larger. I have a narrow mid foot but I like a roomy long toe box. It can be an unfortunate aesthetic but that’s my foot shape.

Legacy Slim and Carroll fit pretty similar in length imo, but the toebox on the Legacy Slim is def a lil roomier in height, like it’s easier to wiggle your toes in. Keep in mind I have the leather Carrolls which I’ve heard are the more snug colorway

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #201 on: June 17, 2020, 11:54:17 PM »
I have wide feet and i went half size up on Legacy slims. Also, pretty much best shoe for skating if you like the style.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2020, 07:30:01 AM »
Anyone try the new Fallen stuff yet? Im ashamed to say I'm kinda feelin their RDS colab
I ordered the Rippers because of nostalgia. Have a foot injury so haven’t skated them, but I’m excited to. I was worried about the overall quality because they’re basically a brand new shoe company, in my eyes at least. They seem well made tho. Will report back once skated.

Any input on Busenitz vulcs II? I wish I could skate the of cupsole version but I just hate them.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2020, 09:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone try the new Fallen stuff yet? Im ashamed to say I'm kinda feelin their RDS colab
[close]
I ordered the Rippers because of nostalgia. Have a foot injury so haven’t skated them, but I’m excited to. I was worried about the overall quality because they’re basically a brand new shoe company, in my eyes at least. They seem well made tho. Will report back once skated.

Any input on Busenitz vulcs II? I wish I could skate the of cupsole version but I just hate them.
I haven't skated em but i recall some others got em right when they dropped and gave them quite negative reviews.

here you go:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In my case: Busenitz vulc 2, can't deal with vulcs anymore.
[close]

Make my feet hurt just skating down the street
[close]
Exactly this, at least they "helped" me realize that I needed to have up vulc crap. Skated those twice and I had a horrible time. Got some Protos and pain is just a memory now.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2020, 05:30:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I haven't skated em but i recall some others got em right when they dropped and gave them quite negative reviews.

here you go:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In my case: Busenitz vulc 2, can't deal with vulcs anymore.
[close]

Make my feet hurt just skating down the street
[close]
Exactly this, at least they "helped" me realize that I needed to have up vulc crap. Skated those twice and I had a horrible time. Got some Protos and pain is just a memory now.
[close]
Maybe I'll give them another try but sure not right now, is rain season in here :(
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »
have been skating af1s for the last week and i might never go back to conventional skate shoes. built like tanks and the boardfeel is still there when i need it
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2020, 11:28:56 PM »
have been skating af1s for the last week and i might never go back to conventional skate shoes. built like tanks and the boardfeel is still there when i need it

careful dont roll your ankles

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2020, 02:11:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

careful dont roll your ankles

The dream, to be able to function in that shoe. Love the way they look, heavy leather court shoe. Don’t normally hate creases, but I do on af1s. More importantly, hard to skate. Flick is really difficult. Look sick tho.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2020, 06:10:57 AM »
Campus vulc 2

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2020, 10:10:11 AM »
i love the busenitz vulc 2's. they are a marked improvement over the first, but the OG busenitz is still the best shoe imo. but i mean yeah, it's a thin vulc, of course you're gonna feel the pavement every step.

campus adv's really, really suck. it's such a bummer because i LOVED the original campus vulcs from the late 00's. they really botched the tongue and toe. as another member mentioned, it folds and creases super weird and you can actually *feel* how weird it is as opposed to just how it looks. i will never buy another pair, unless they utilize tongue straps or something to stop the tongue and toe from sagging like crazy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:11:42 AM by wake and bacon »
:) I must have been tripping last night