Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64234 times)

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2020, 10:10:34 PM »
Mike Crum's Power skate shoe

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2020, 11:43:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Chima Pro 2's anyone?
[close]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu00bKs6ed0&t=328s

They pinch the top of the foot where your foot meets the toes / tongue meets the toe of the shoe.

The insole is stiff by design & I wasn't into it, so I swapped it out for another Vans Pro HD insole.

After a few sessions I swore I'd never get them again & returned to my stash of Chima's first pro model on Vans.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2020, 12:43:13 AM »
I'm actually skating a pair atm. Heel is a little low, and the whole shoe feel rather stiff. Other then that I kinda enjoy them.
But the sole is indeed way too stiff. That plastic shit it has is seriously stupid

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
I've been eyeing some DC Rowlan white/gum, love that color combo.
Any words on them?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Vintagebody

« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2020, 12:59:58 PM »
3rd session with Chima 2's. Still feel a little stiff. Grip is excellent. Excellent heelflip shoe.
However, i'm impression is mostly negative.
Shoe's fit is good, but uncomfy materials. Its too thin, and very stiff. No plushness what so ever. Better not get hit on the feet by the board! The heel is also a little too short in height for my liking.

I'm willing to try another pair of Vans tho, duo to the grip and rather nice vulc.
Suggestions? Ave? Half Cabs? Rowan ive heard is wide fit... else id get those

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »
3rd session with Chima 2's. Still feel a little stiff. Grip is excellent. Excellent heelflip shoe.
Shoe's fit is good, but uncomfy materials. Its too thin, and very stiff. No plushness what so ever. Better not get hit on the feet by the board! The heel is also a little too short in height for my liking.

I'm willing to try another pair of Vans tho, duo to the grip and rather nice vulc.

I'm skating the rowans. I really can't say enough good things about them. Love the way they feel. Also it's a very comfortable shoe. I love half cabs as well, but I think I prefer the way the rowans skate. It honestly feels sort of relatable to a lower halfcab. It has great board feel but still feels much more supportive and padded than most vulcs. Good flick. I do want to try the new Ave shoe, but I haven't as of yet.

Vintagebody

« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2020, 07:11:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

But are they not very wide? Could measure the width at the heel area? And the insole at the heel?
I'm skating the rowans. I really can't say enough good things about them. Love the way they feel. Also it's a very comfortable shoe. I love half cabs as well, but I think I prefer the way the rowans skate. It honestly feels sort of relatable to a lower halfcab. It has great board feel but still feels much more supportive and padded than most vulcs. Good flick. I do want to try the new Ave shoe, but I haven't as of yet.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2020, 09:37:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone try the new Fallen stuff yet? Im ashamed to say I'm kinda feelin their RDS colab
[close]
I ordered the Rippers because of nostalgia. Have a foot injury so haven’t skated them, but I’m excited to. I was worried about the overall quality because they’re basically a brand new shoe company, in my eyes at least. They seem well made tho. Will report back once skated.
All right so I’ve put the Rippers through about 10, ~1 hour flat ground sessions. Wasn’t expecting much, which was good, because they’re just ok.
Kinda thick and slippery for a vulc. The insole is pretty crappy. Fairly durable, but I haven’t put them through a whole lot.
Satisfied my nostalgia urge, but wouldn’t try again

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2020, 09:47:56 AM »

They pinch the top of the foot where your foot meets the toes / tongue meets the toe of the shoe.

The insole is stiff by design & I wasn't into it, so I swapped it out for another Vans Pro HD insole.

After a few sessions I swore I'd never get them again & returned to my stash of Chima's first pro model on Vans.

All of this. Mine started to crap out after a few sessions.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »
isn't ben degros skating a pair of fallen right now/ thought he replied to a comment saying he really liked them. haha

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2020, 10:33:16 AM »
isn't ben degros skating a pair of fallen right now/ thought he replied to a comment saying he really liked them. haha
That Cristian guy skated a pair. He said they weren’t the best but were durable.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

joe momma

« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2020, 11:49:47 AM »
Has anyone skated the nike adversary? Kind of looks like a dad shoe, but its difficult enough to find good cupsoles that aren't super sporty and luckily the mesh paneling is not where I flick.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2020, 10:00:31 AM »
Weird ask, but maybe somebody has any input:

Been sticking with Blazers lately. Just for the fun of it, I put on my old Cons Hi Pros on today – I stopped skating those after a couple of bad heel bruises, skating tiny shit. I had so much fun in the Cons today, just riding a park, but after about 40 minutes I got another small heel bruise bailing a shitty tiny trick.
So.
Anybody got ideas for aftermarket insoles that actually fit the Cons Hi Pros? Tried Footprint Orthotics, but mine don't fit / the shoe gets way too tight and my size (-8-) actually seems to short for the Cons that fit my foot...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:36:00 AM by l1ll1ll1 »

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2020, 11:51:27 AM »

Been sticking with Blazers lately. Just for the fun of it, I put on my old Cons Hi Pros on today – I stopped skating those after a couple of bad heel bruises, skating tiny shit. I had so much fun in the Cons today, just riding a park, but after about 40 minutes I got another small heel bruise bailing a shitty tiny trick.
So.
Anybody got ideas for aftermarket insoles that actually fit the Cons Hi Pros? Tried Footprint Orthotics, but mine don't fit / the shoe gets way too tight and my size (-8-) actually seems to short for the Cons that fit my foot...

I’ve hoarded every pair of lunarlon insoles from previous cons I’ve had.  But the FP insoles can be trimmed down to fit whatever shoe you want, just don’t trim past the stitching. 

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
Expand Quote

So.
[close]

I’ve hoarded every pair of lunarlon insoles from previous cons I’ve had.  But the FP insoles can be trimmed down to fit whatever shoe you want, just don’t trim past the stitching.

Yep, did this. I trimmed my 10/10.5 Footprint Kingfoam Orthotics to fit my 9.5 Cons low tops. The length is actually fine as it is, but just had to barely trim the big toe side and pinky toe side. I’m using the added heel pad too with no problems. I don’t do anything big or really high impact and they’re all good. Love the way they feel. Ankle and top of foot bonks aren’t too fun though.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So.
[close]

[close]

Yep, did this. I trimmed my 10/10.5 Footprint Kingfoam Orthotics to fit my 9.5 Cons low tops. The length is actually fine as it is, but just had to barely trim the big toe side and pinky toe side. I’m using the added heel pad too with no problems. I don’t do anything big or really high impact and they’re all good. Love the way they feel. Ankle and top of foot bonks aren’t too fun though.

thanks for the input... just now realised what those black things in the packaging of the footprints are: the heel pads. cut the insoles down a bunch and gonna try em out tomorrow morning.

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #256 on: July 27, 2020, 04:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So.
[close]

[close]

[close]

thanks for the input... just now realised what those black things in the packaging of the footprints are: the heel pads. cut the insoles down a bunch and gonna try em out tomorrow morning.
to add on to this.. I've occasionally trimmed a footprint insole too much and had great success attaching other scraps to the sides with superglue

anyone skated a vans comfy cush?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: July 27, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

So.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
to add on to this.. I've occasionally trimmed a footprint insole too much and had great success attaching other scraps to the sides with superglue

anyone skated a vans comfy cush?

Wouldn’t recommend it. Doubt the foam would hold up as well.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #258 on: July 27, 2020, 10:40:17 PM »
Now that they’ve been out a while, how’re the Carrolls?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #259 on: July 27, 2020, 11:56:02 PM »
I posted about em in the other thread but did anyone skate the Bruin Hyperfeel?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2020, 07:06:43 PM »
Got a pair of the DC Kalis S (or whatever the newer model is). Do they stretch? Board feel and support is great but one of my feet feels uncomfortably tight

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2020, 02:40:02 AM »
Has anyone skated the nike adversary? Kind of looks like a dad shoe, but its difficult enough to find good cupsoles that aren't super sporty and luckily the mesh paneling is not where I flick.
I have a pair I ordered online regrettably.. late night boredom

They're ok only skated in them very briefly. 
However if I had the luxury to try them on first I would of saved my money

So u know insoles are glued in. I hate that
might pull them out and put something better in and see how they feel.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2020, 05:06:33 AM »
Got a pair of the DC Kalis S (or whatever the newer model is). Do they stretch? Board feel and support is great but one of my feet feels uncomfortably tight
They don't stretch, at least on my exp. But keep in mind I had the all white leather ones.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2020, 05:20:14 AM »
I posted about em in the other thread but did anyone skate the Bruin Hyperfeel?
i did. they were awesome.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Has anyone skated those weird ass and kinda ugly janoski mid slips? I've been looking for a mid/high slip for a while and never really wanted to fuck with those clearweather things and just found a decently priced Janoski one in my size.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2020, 05:31:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have a pair I ordered online regrettably.. late night boredom

They're ok only skated in them very briefly. 
However if I had the luxury to try them on first I would of saved my money

So u know insoles are glued in. I hate that
might pull them out and put something better in and see how they feel.

Also curious about the Adversary. How is the support/cushion from the outsole/midsole? Was expecting a thin insole, and I'm fine with that as long as the sole does its job. That sole looks like a thicc boi, which is what has me tempted, but no shops near me have stocked them, so I haven't seen them in person.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2020, 06:44:57 AM »
Louie Lopez Pro

Probably one of the most durable shoes I've skated. I've been skating these for around a month and with shoe goo could probably for longer. The sole has extra material in the wear areas also so they aren't bald either which usually ruins shoes for me. Support was decent for a vulc but personally I like cupsole shoes more. There's not too much to it besides just being a solid all around shoe.

A HOMOSEXUAL PERSON

• Rep: -24
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2020, 08:19:06 AM »
puma C-Skate

ballintoohard

« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2020, 12:11:12 PM »
anyone have advice on wino slip sizing? I am a 10 in Vans and Nike and I found pairs in 9.5 and 10.5 for cheap.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
anyone have advice on wino slip sizing? I am a 10 in Vans and Nike and I found pairs in 9.5 and 10.5 for cheap.
i think you could go to the 9.5. I have a 12 in them and they arent crazy snug, but wear a 13 in things like NB 913, Janoski slip.. basketball shoes, nike runners, etc.