Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64270 times)

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »
Back to Nike, and skating the Bruin's. Specificly the Orange Label one's.
Its so nice to be back on Nike. Fit is indeed slightly narrower than Blazers.
Other then that they skate exactly the same to me, and seems to have just as bad durability.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »
Anyone skated Dunk Elites? Got a pair of EBay. I know someone had a pair where the sole cane off.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2020, 03:30:55 PM »
Anyone skated Dunk Elites? Got a pair of EBay. I know someone had a pair where the sole cane off.

I don’t know but I’ve wanted a pair. What colorway did you get? Also always wanted to try the koston 3s. Kind of just look like team classics now but still interested. Just have never found either.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2020, 03:33:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know but I’ve wanted a pair. What colorway did you get? Also always wanted to try the koston 3s. Kind of just look like team classics now but still interested. Just have never found either.

I got these. Considered getting some Kostons but couldn’t find them cheap enough.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2020, 03:34:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Those look nice

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2020, 04:03:59 PM »
These are for sale until tomorrow for like 32 bucks, has anyone skated these, are they good?
Etnies Jameson Vulc Mid Top

I did not skate them but I couldn’t get my right foot into the shoe. Left foot was snug. My feet are in the wide.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2020, 04:46:15 PM »
gilbert 2?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2020, 04:59:52 PM »
gilbert 2?
If you like thin cupsoles that offer a little more support than a vulc, the low tops are prefect. I had a pair of them a few years back and they were one of my favorite pairs of shoes ever.

I just ordered a pair of the new hightops, so we'll see if those hold up as well!

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »
Can't imagine the Vans "Comfy Cush" shoes are great but I'm curious. Would be nice to skate more supportive Eras.

wheee!

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2020, 06:28:44 PM »
I skated the Dunk Elite lows and his. They felt a lot stiffer in the sole than the normal dunks and took a while to break in. I like the hightops a lot more but they're a complete bitch to get on your foot. Like you have to struggle. But once they're on, the sock thing is nice and supportive without restricting movement. They also are paper thin in the toe and kind of disintegrated quickly, so thats the biggest thing against them. $100 plus shoe should last more than a few sessions.
If you can find them on sale for less than 80, I'd say they're worth it.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2020, 06:40:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got these. Considered getting some Kostons but couldn’t find them cheap enough.

Found some koston 3 at the local outlet forever ago. One of the best shoes I've ever skated. So supportive,  just wish they were highs with a sock liner. Angle hits hurt

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2020, 11:14:00 PM »
I remember around the time when Nike was pushing the thick insoles. My friend told me he skated them Kostons but the sole wore out quickly.

Just got my pair but they’re in a surprisingly good shape.

fs_filip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2020, 02:07:22 AM »
anyone got a pair of the new joslin vulcs (the ones with the michelin outsole) ? are they worth the price or should i just look somewhere else

tempted to get some

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2020, 04:45:49 AM »
Can't imagine the Vans "Comfy Cush" shoes are great but I'm curious. Would be nice to skate more supportive Eras.

Comfy cush are not made for skating, I have some old skools and yes, they feel super nice but impossible to skate due the rubber they use.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2020, 05:18:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Comfy cush are not made for skating, I have some old skools and yes, they feel super nice but impossible to skate due the rubber they use.

Seems like it wouldn't be that hard for them to encapsulate the Comfycush material in a more durable rubber. Seems like that would make for a really good skate shoe. Not sure why they haven't done that.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2020, 06:02:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Seems like it wouldn't be that hard for them to encapsulate the Comfycush material in a more durable rubber. Seems like that would make for a really good skate shoe. Not sure why they haven't done that.
the comfycush is more foam than rubber. Feel like it would chunk off

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #316 on: September 14, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
It would eventually pack out too. Then your shoe would be all warped and odd feeling on the inside.

Crap

« Reply #317 on: September 14, 2020, 07:26:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

That's what I mean - use the Comfycush material for the midsole, and just put more durable rubber around it to cover it. They already modified the Comfycush shoes based on covering the foam - the first run of them were just an all foam sole, but they have since covered the bottom in rubber (presumably because they were too slippery and/or were falling apart). Just apply that concept around the whole sole unit.

You can see in the photo below that they have regular gum rubber on the bottom for traction. That wasn't there in the first run of Comfycush - it was just the white foam everywhere.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #318 on: September 14, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »
Any input much appreciated:

Hurt my ankle pretty bad, so looking to skate hi shoes for the next months (at least).
Love Blazer Mids.
But since my cast didn't fit in any of my shoes I tried and it fit Tiago's NB# 1010 and I'm in love with them in terms of board and pop feel. I'm about to retire the cast, but I'm intreaged. Soooo, any ideas for a high/mid cupsole that has a comparable feel, stiff sole like the 1010?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2020, 03:23:18 AM »

Hurt my ankle pretty bad, so looking to skate hi shoes for the next months (at least).
Love Blazer Mids.
But since my cast didn't fit in any of my shoes I tried and it fit Tiago's NB# 1010 and I'm in love with them in terms of board and pop feel. I'm about to retire the cast, but I'm intreaged. Soooo, any ideas for a high/mid cupsole that has a comparable feel, stiff sole like the 1010?

I'll give you a couple of my suggestions that could work:

Etnies Marana Mid
Dunk High/Mid (impossible right now lol)
NB 440 High (drops in November I believe?)
Converse Rival
Converse Fastbreak (regular or Cons)
Converse Pro Leather High
Adidas Originals Top Ten
Air Jordan 1 (mid or high) with an insole swap
Proper Footwear Cinex Mid (solid dudes behind this brand, too)
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2020, 04:06:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I have skated, just pushing, my old skools comfycush and boy they feel horrible.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2020, 05:20:48 AM »

Love Blazer Mids.

Cons Pro Leather
Adidas Tyshawn
Adidas Rivalry Hi
Adidas Pro Model (borderline - might do the trick for you)

That's about it on stiff-ish cupsole mid/highs. All of the other ones I know of are noticeably softer/thinner in the sole. I've never tried the Cons Fastbreak, but it looks promising. Dunks, NB# 440's (assuming the mid is the same sole as the low), Jordan 1's, and the Proper Cinex are all pretty thin in the forefoot - not necessarily bad shoes, but they're not going to feel like Tiagos.

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2020, 01:50:53 PM »
Expand Quote

Love Blazer Mids.
[close]

I'll give you a couple of my suggestions that could work:

Etnies Marana Mid
Dunk High/Mid (impossible right now lol)
NB 440 High (drops in November I believe?)
Converse Rival
Converse Fastbreak (regular or Cons)
Converse Pro Leather High
Adidas Originals Top Ten
Air Jordan 1 (mid or high) with an insole swap
Proper Footwear Cinex Mid (solid dudes behind this brand, too)

Awesome list thanks!

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2020, 01:53:45 PM »
Has anyone tried the vans varix?

l1ll1ll1

« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Expand Quote

Love Blazer Mids.
[close]

Cons Pro Leather
Adidas Tyshawn
Adidas Rivalry Hi
Adidas Pro Model (borderline - might do the trick for you)

That's about it on stiff-ish cupsole mid/highs. All of the other ones I know of are noticeably softer/thinner in the sole. I've never tried the Cons Fastbreak, but it looks promising. Dunks, NB# 440's (assuming the mid is the same sole as the low), Jordan 1's, and the Proper Cinex are all pretty thin in the forefoot - not necessarily bad shoes, but they're not going to feel like Tiagos.

Thanks to you too... the Cons Pro Leather looks great. Got a Dunk Mid from a friend (believe it or not), right out of the box the toe box sucks, but I'll see...
Should I wait for the Adidas Rivalry Hi Star Wars https://www.adidas.de/rivalry-hi-star-wars-schuh/FX9290.html;)

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #325 on: September 15, 2020, 02:57:12 PM »
Has anyone tried the vans varix?

I have a pair that I bought to skate originally but they were so comfortable to walk around in that I just kept them clean. They dont feel as phat as they look and they snug my feet very well. I believe theres a rubber or plastic layer on the toe, the shoe in general has multiple layers of material so I imagine it would be pretty durable and it does help keep the shoe firm.

But yeah, I would recommend giving them a chance.

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #326 on: September 15, 2020, 03:42:32 PM »
Eyeing some suede Janoski RM's - do these run TTS or small? I wear an 8 in Vans and Adidas, but when I tried some GT Blazers in an 8 they were noticeably small. Guessing an 8.5 for the Janoski's to play it safe?

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #327 on: September 15, 2020, 07:21:30 PM »
Janoski RMs are a vast improvement over the original, in terms of fit. Wider in the forefoot most notably. I've worn Janoski slip ons for years and now I got the RMs I'm never going back.
They are basically the same size as the originals, but way more ergonomically shaped to the foot. I'd go TTS.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #328 on: September 15, 2020, 09:54:19 PM »
just got a new pair of cons ctas pro ox in obsidian . i guess it’s been a minute since ive had a pair but these have like leather or plastic on the inside of the heel and my achilles is sore as shit . this is prob my all time favorite shoe but breaking this heel in is killing me .. anyone else going through this?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Coolguy69

• Rep: 31
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2020, 03:18:29 PM »
For anyone that has skated the GTS returns. I just got a pair and i cant figure out if they are just too narrow for my foot or if they will stretch out. The shoe as a whole feels pretty good, but the arch area of my foot sticks out a little bit over the sole, sort of like  a foot muffin top. i cant figure out if im just not used to this kind of shoe from skating vans for the past few years or if they fit wrong?