Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64283 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2020, 06:21:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone tried out the state pacifica cupsole yet?
[close]
@Murge did you get your pair yet?

Didn’t know where to put this but :

Good news: I got them in the quality seems amazing. They threw in some socks and a couple stickers. I only wore them to take out trash and stuff. They feel pretty good out the box less stiff than the veer cups. Feels like a thin cup. So board feel should be good. They look great.

Bad news: my girlfriend saw them. Loved how they looked and really don’t want me to skate them til after we get family photos done (we had our first kid and she’s dead set on getting family photos) So it will be 2 weeks before I can skate them. But I’ll continue to wear them til then. There’s not a lot of padding near heel collar. But they didn’t seem to rub like the Romero. I am concerned on how shallow the tread on the sole is. This is only my second pair of stated so idk if it’s normally this shallow

Photos:

You can’t really see depth of tread in that pic I’ll try get a different pic later

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2020, 06:33:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Good news: I got them in the quality seems amazing. They threw in some socks and a couple stickers. I only wore them to take out trash and stuff. They feel pretty good out the box less stiff than the veer cups. Feels like a thin cup. So board feel should be good. They look great.

Bad news: my girlfriend saw them. Loved how they looked and really don’t want me to skate them til after we get family photos done (we had our first kid and she’s dead set on getting family photos) So it will be 2 weeks before I can skate them. But I’ll continue to wear them til then. There’s not a lot of padding near heel collar. But they didn’t seem to rub like the Romero. I am concerned on how shallow the tread on the sole is. This is only my second pair of stated so idk if it’s normally this shallow

Photos:

You can’t really see depth of tread in that pic I’ll try get a different pic later
those look pretty good! Rad they threw in socks. Congrats on the kid I know how tang goes. And my wife is a photographer so it’s amped up a notch haha

Yossi

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2020, 01:17:35 PM »
How does the Emerica Low vulc compare to the Reynolds 3 g6? Is the heel of the Low vulc as deep as the 3?

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #423 on: November 11, 2020, 11:35:21 AM »
Anyone know if there's a single style of Cons that fit a wider foot? I love CTAS Pros but in the size range I fit length-wise they always pinch my pinky toe. Also wondering if there any CTAS that would have some give after break-in time?

SugarSweetSemen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #424 on: November 11, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
How does the Emerica Low vulc compare to the Reynolds 3 g6? Is the heel of the Low vulc as deep as the 3?
Emerica low vulc skates similar to the g6. I had multiple pairs of the low vulc, theres more toe feel on the low vulc because of the different toe cap design and how the laces sit on the top profile, but the heel seemed similar to the Reynolds 3 g6. Reynolds 3 was an overall snugger fit. I would say that the heel wasn't as deep as the Reynolds 3 but still felt familiar. That being said the low vulc is very comfortable and is easy to skate once you break it in.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 6
« Reply #425 on: November 13, 2020, 09:46:52 PM »
Anyone skate the Nike Court Vision or Court Royale ? They have some on Nordstrom rack, kinda looks like a good dunk alternative but not sure if its actually a flimsy shoe.

thanks
two times

Glurmpz

« Reply #426 on: November 13, 2020, 10:53:08 PM »

I have both.

I believe the heel is deeper on the Reynolds 3 G6, because they made room for the thick insole. I've tried thicker insoles in the Low Vulc and it makes the heel too shallow - I get heel slip. So based off that I'd say the 3 G6 is deeper. The 3 G6 also feels like a bulkier shoe overall - it's a bit wider with slightly more padding than the Low Vulc.

I've skated about 3 pairs of the Low Vulc back around 2015/2016, liked em, though I prefer the support of cupsole shoes generally.

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2020, 07:57:59 AM »
^ Putting in a different insole in the low vulc was what I was wondering about specifically, thanks. I've been using FP insoles in the Reynolds 3 g6 for a few years now, but I can't find anymore in my size unfortunately. Reynolds 3 has the best heel-lock of any shoe I've ever had, and is really supportive for a vulc. Sounds like the Low vulc won't work for me.

Think I may try the Alcove cupsole instead. Hopefully the FP insole will fit.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2020, 04:53:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Photos:

That’s a good looking shoe, congrats on the offspring as well, mine is seven, I remember when my ex wanted to take family photos and I was like fuck that, so at least your making better decisions about that kinda stuff
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #429 on: November 16, 2020, 12:50:15 AM »
How about these? My shoe choices are limited due to large feet and this exact model is currently available in my size. Bit worried about the leather material, looks weirdly fancy?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #430 on: November 16, 2020, 09:23:29 AM »
How about these? My shoe choices are limited due to large feet and this exact model is currently available in my size. Bit worried about the leather material, looks weirdly fancy?

I have not had these but I have skated in shoes with a similar leather texture (tumbled leather) like these Blazers. They're a little stiff at first but they they break in enough to be nearly as flexible as suede. Likely, more protective since they won't get to floppy like suede shoes can sometimes do.
They're not too fancy from what others have said in a different thread. If you like Blazers/mid collar/vulcs and the size availability is an issue, I'd move on these. You can always swap laces if the cord style ain't your thing!

I've skated other Blazer mids in the past and loved them all! Flick, fit, comfort, etc. all good with my feet.
Super Champion Fun Zone

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: November 18, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have not had these but I have skated in shoes with a similar leather texture (tumbled leather) like these Blazers. They're a little stiff at first but they they break in enough to be nearly as flexible as suede. Likely, more protective since they won't get to floppy like suede shoes can sometimes do.
They're not too fancy from what others have said in a different thread. If you like Blazers/mid collar/vulcs and the size availability is an issue, I'd move on these. You can always swap laces if the cord style ain't your thing!

I've skated other Blazer mids in the past and loved them all! Flick, fit, comfort, etc. all good with my feet.

Thanks! There was some hate about the Blazers in the Mason Spitfire thread but this reads like I should give them a try!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #432 on: November 18, 2020, 11:17:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks! There was some hate about the Blazers in the Mason Spitfire thread but this reads like I should give them a try!

Blazer mids are some of the best. You definitely won’t regret them

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: November 18, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Also! Since it's a vulc, the sole can feel somewhat feel thin if you're used to cupsoles so replacing the insole is a good idea to make them feel perfect.
I prefer Etnies Pro Foam 1 insoles, G6 insole,  State insoles, or footprints to do the trick.
Super Champion Fun Zone

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #434 on: November 18, 2020, 10:48:53 PM »
I'm trynna skate some converse cons cta pro hi's or fastbreak pro's. How does sizing run for both?

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #435 on: November 18, 2020, 11:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Also! Since it's a vulc, the sole can feel somewhat feel thin if you're used to cupsoles so replacing the insole is a good idea to make them feel perfect.
I prefer Etnies Pro Foam 1 insoles, G6 insole,  State insoles, or footprints to do the trick.

Thanks to both of you, will give them a try! Been skating in vulcs first Vans Chukka Low then Janoskis for years now, so should be fine.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #436 on: November 19, 2020, 06:26:12 AM »
I'm trynna skate some converse cons cta pro hi's or fastbreak pro's. How does sizing run for both?
Same as regular Converse, half to a full size smaller.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #437 on: November 19, 2020, 08:21:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Same as regular Converse, half to a full size smaller.

Before you buy!
CTAS Pro Hi is 0.5 to 1.0 size larger, so order at least 0.5 down from your TTS size. Fast break Pro is TTS.

My sizing on these shoes:
Fastbreak Pro: 11
CTAS Pro Hi: 10.5
Super Champion Fun Zone

ballintoohard

« Reply #438 on: November 19, 2020, 09:17:26 PM »
any tips for spotting fake Jordans on Poshmark, like these: https://poshmark.com/listing/Jordan-1-Mid-Holiday-5eedc4f1074d24de95adf9a0

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #439 on: November 20, 2020, 05:01:27 AM »
any tips for spotting fake Jordans on Poshmark, like these: https://poshmark.com/listing/Jordan-1-Mid-Holiday-5eedc4f1074d24de95adf9a0
should be fine, not even sure they made fakes of those as they came out in 2015. FYI that’s a winterized version so fleece tongue and lining.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2020, 02:27:01 AM »
Adidas Liberty cups. How do your feet feel after skating them and what's the sizing like?

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #441 on: November 23, 2020, 05:24:30 AM »
Adidas Liberty cups. How do your feet feel after skating them and what's the sizing like?

True to size. Toebox is a little wider and more round (less pointy) than most skate shoes today, so would probably fit best if you have a wider forefoot. The sole feels thick/stiff compared to most skate shoes out today, but you can really feel the cushioning. It really feels like skating in skate shoes from the early 00's that actually protected your feet. I don't think a lot of people gave that shoe a chance because of how ugly it is; but aside from that, it's one of my favourite skate shoes of the last few years. Seems like they've stopped making it, which is too bad, but I hope they'll make something else with a sole like that.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #442 on: November 23, 2020, 07:40:48 AM »
i think if you don't have a particularly wide foot you can easily go 1/2 size down in them. agree that they skated surprisingly well and look less clunky than they are.

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #443 on: November 25, 2020, 03:56:30 AM »
I think they are massive, maybe because I bought a white pair. Also been seeing new colourways but nothing good like the black/white pair or the chewy ones.

Heitor shoes seem to have the same sole.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #444 on: November 25, 2020, 05:34:27 AM »
With you that the Chewy colourway is basically the only good one they made. The little triangular wedge on the midsole wrecks all the ones that would otherwise be okay. I haven't seen any new colourways in a while, so I feel like the shoe is done.

I'm pretty sure the shoe Heitor posted is just a colourway of the Forum Lo with no strap. It's definitely not the same sole as the Liberty Cup, but looks like a fairly thicc cupsole.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #445 on: November 27, 2020, 02:25:24 AM »
Browsing around I found Converse Rival which looks pretty nice, wonder how to they skate.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #446 on: November 27, 2020, 04:20:36 AM »
I’ve skated the Liberty Cup and a pair of Forum Lows this year.

I really love the Liberty Cup once they’re broken in (which takes forever, but you’ve gotta expect that.) Supportive obviously but they also didn’t feel too high and my ankles felt secure. I still have my pair, going to break them out again this winter. I have a white leather pair that I think looks okay; there’s a grey suede pair out there that looks clean too.

The Forum were a super nice surprise. Soft leather; nice roomy toe area, and the sole broke in nicely. These did feel a little unstable (I did roll my ankle badly in them) but I assume/hope the new model has been tweaked a little, as the ones I skated were just “lifestyle” shoes.

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #447 on: November 28, 2020, 09:32:36 AM »
Anyone have both Reynolds3 G6 and Vulc version? Do they fit the same (length wise)?

Usually cups fit me a a bit snugger, and the G6 vulc was slightly long for me, so I was wondering if I should do same size in the cup version or down a half size.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #448 on: November 28, 2020, 09:56:04 PM »
Anyone have both Reynolds3 G6 and Vulc version? Do they fit the same (length wise)?

Usually cups fit me a a bit snugger, and the G6 vulc was slightly long for me, so I was wondering if I should do same size in the cup version or down a half size.
Had couple of both shoes while back. From what i remember the cup version was little snugger but still a TTS for me.

dipped

• Rep: 0
« Reply #449 on: November 29, 2020, 12:26:23 AM »
Browsing around I found Converse Rival which looks pretty nice, wonder how to they skate.

Pretty good! I’m on my second pair. Just make sure to swap out the stock insole and put super glue on the stitching.