Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64244 times)

bony bawk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #450 on: November 29, 2020, 06:58:55 AM »
anyone skate the nike air trainer ? is the sizing same as blazer and do they fit wider ?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #451 on: November 29, 2020, 09:29:09 AM »
anyone skate the nike air trainer ? is the sizing same as blazer and do they fit wider ?
TTS, they skate horrible. That chunk missing in the kickflip area is a bitch.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #452 on: December 01, 2020, 01:43:38 AM »
anyone got any *all* black leather options? all I can think of are either liberty cups or superstars.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:51:51 AM by behavioralguide »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #453 on: December 01, 2020, 03:38:34 AM »
anyone got any *all* black leather options? all I can think of are either liberty cups or superstars.
Here are some current options:
Converse Cons
- Louie Lopez Pro
- CT Low & High Pro (I think they still due leather and not just suede/canvas ones in all black)
- Jack Purcell Low and Mid Pro

Es
- Evant (winterized all black leather one)

New Balance NM
- Tom Knox 440 Hi (just released)

There may be more but all I got right now.
Super Champion Fun Zone

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #454 on: December 01, 2020, 04:48:07 AM »
Eh only about 50%, probably less, of the Knox 440 is actually leather. Amazing shoe though, I just got them in yesterday.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2020, 06:26:47 AM »
Got a pair of Adidas St.004 I ordered on Black Friday coming in next week, anything I should know about this shoe ? Reviews seem really good thus far.

First pair of Adidas in over ten years.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #456 on: December 01, 2020, 07:45:14 AM »
anyone skate any of the New Balance All Coast line? They're the skatable lifestyle line, Specifically the 425's look really good

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #457 on: December 01, 2020, 08:57:55 AM »
Got a pair of Adidas St.004 I ordered on Black Friday coming in next week, anything I should know about this shoe ? Reviews seem really good thus far.

Great and durable shoe. I try to stay away from Adidas and Nike for now but if i would go back, these would be it.

Stock insoles are meh but midsole gets the job done.

ballintoohard

« Reply #458 on: December 01, 2020, 08:16:44 PM »
Anyone have feedback on Fastbreak pros? How bulky do they feel compared to Blazers or Dunks?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #459 on: December 01, 2020, 08:19:32 PM »
Anyone have feedback on Fastbreak pros? How bulky do they feel compared to Blazers or Dunks?

Expand Quote
anyone skate the cons fastbreak?
[close]

I’ve had a few pairs, starting with the Al Davis shoe.  Pretty good shoe in my opinion.  Has a lot of feel under the ball of the foot but it’s a good bit thicker under the heel.  They took me a minute to break in for sure but the sole lasted a long time for me.  The only thing I can’t speak too much on is the durability of the upper because I skate more transition and don’t pop my board as much as most.  But if you’re willing to throw a little super glue on the stitching I’d bet it would last about as long as any other typical skate shoe.  Hope that helps dude!

Edit: they also look really rad and I was never bummed out looking down at my feet.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My 6 year run of nothing but Emerica Reynolds has come to an end.Onto some Cons Fastbreak.I know Cons sizing is all over the place. But these are TTS. Got a 9.5, same as what I wore in Emerica, and they fit good.The sole is great. Plenty of protection. But still good board feel.The upper is somewhat lacking in padding, for me anyways.I have flat, fairly wide feet. But I'm having to crank these laces to keep my foot from sliding around. Then once I start skating and my feet start sweating, I have to re tighten them. Full on Rambo lace kit (do the kids still say that?). Not the best look. I'm sure alot of this is due to the smooth leather inside the collar of the shoe. I'm guessing the all suede versions would be better in this regard.The synthetic material on the upper is nice and breathable. But not very durable.Laces got shredded quick.I'm not the type to use after market insoles. They seem to make the shoe too tight or my foot is too high in the shoe. But for those of you who do; these shoes have a glued in insole.I probably wouldn't buy another pair; but I'm not hating them.R-Cons Fastbreak-
[close]
Standard fast break laces are too skinny
[close]
I had this exact model and just hated how they skated. It’s like the toe box is shorter than the older run. Could have been the material considering the suede ones I had skated great.
[close]
You're both talking about the skate specific Fastbreaks right?I've been eyeing them and they seem like a perfect shoe for me, but if these ones pictured are the new skate ones then they definitely look thinned out and less supportive than I imagined. Also, yes, the skinny laces are not a good look on these shoes. C'mon Converse.
[close]
I just wanted to correct something with my initial review. The cons fast break does have a removable insole. I guess I just didn't pull hard enough on it.  ::)  it's actually quite plush. And will be the only thing I save as I toss the rest of the shoe in the trash. I was having to crank the laces so tight that my feet were tingling. But still slipping around. Also,  I looked at some pictures online and the all suede versions still have this smooth leather on the inside collar. So would probably fit just as terrible. I'm on to a pair of Kalis. Will report back with my thoughts in a few weeks. And hopefully land that noseslide by then. Thanks for the support!

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #460 on: December 01, 2020, 08:24:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone skate the cons fastbreak?
[close]

I’ve had a few pairs, starting with the Al Davis shoe.  Pretty good shoe in my opinion.  Has a lot of feel under the ball of the foot but it’s a good bit thicker under the heel.  They took me a minute to break in for sure but the sole lasted a long time for me.  The only thing I can’t speak too much on is the durability of the upper because I skate more transition and don’t pop my board as much as most.  But if you’re willing to throw a little super glue on the stitching I’d bet it would last about as long as any other typical skate shoe.  Hope that helps dude!

Edit: they also look really rad and I was never bummed out looking down at my feet.
[close]

Expand Quote
My 6 year run of nothing but Emerica Reynolds has come to an end.
Onto some Cons Fastbreak.
I know Cons sizing is all over the place. But these are TTS. Got a 9.5, same as what I wore in Emerica, and they fit good.
The sole is great. Plenty of protection. But still good board feel.
The upper is somewhat lacking in padding, for me anyways.
I have flat, fairly wide feet. But I'm having to crank these laces to keep my foot from sliding around. Then once I start skating and my feet start sweating, I have to re tighten them. Full on Rambo lace kit (do the kids still say that?). Not the best look. I'm sure alot of this is due to the smooth leather inside the collar of the shoe. I'm guessing the all suede versions would be better in this regard.
The synthetic material on the upper is nice and breathable. But not very durable.
Laces got shredded quick.
I'm not the type to use after market insoles. They seem to make the shoe too tight or my foot is too high in the shoe. But for those of you who do; these shoes have a glued in insole.
I probably wouldn't buy another pair; but I'm not hating them.

[close]

Adding on, I started skating them a month or three ago. I haven’t skated much but they’re solid. I shimmy a lot when skating and the sole held up well. I went half a size down and they fit decently. My feet require more arch support and I swapped the insole and they didn’t feel off. They held up well but, depending how much you Ollie the nylon may give you issues.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #461 on: December 02, 2020, 01:46:54 PM »

Absolutely love mine. Got 2 pairs in a row, great boardfeel right out of the box but they last longer than I thought before starting to break down. A little goo around and above the first stripe on your Ollie foot (switch too) will take them even further

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #462 on: December 02, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Absolutely love mine. Got 2 pairs in a row, great boardfeel right out of the box but they last longer than I thought before starting to break down. A little goo around and above the first stripe on your Ollie foot (switch too) will take them even further
feel like i see beagle skating these 24/7 and not many else

Gary Bucket

« Reply #463 on: December 02, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
feel like i see beagle skating these 24/7 and not many else

The stripes face the “wrong” way. They zig we zag

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #464 on: December 07, 2020, 05:40:59 AM »
First session down in Blazer Mids and even though it was not even close to the immediate feel and control I experienced in Janoskis, it was pretty good. Pop felt weird but overall stability contributed to solid confidence levels right from the start. Have never skated in high tops before but now I’m definitely going to give it a chance. My ankles will thank me. Third pair of Nikes since everyone else seems to have abandoned oversized shoes, still feels like betrayal but I have to admit the quality is there.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: December 07, 2020, 06:08:58 AM »
First session down in Blazer Mids and even though it was not even close to the immediate feel and control I experienced in Janoskis, it was pretty good. Pop felt weird but overall stability contributed to solid confidence levels right from the start. Have never skated in high tops before but now I’m definitely going to give it a chance. My ankles will thank me. Third pair of Nikes since everyone else seems to have abandoned oversized shoes, still feels like betrayal but I have to admit the quality is there.

These are nice, and i like the understated swoosh. Interested to hear the progress and how durable the leather is. Break in immediate?

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #466 on: December 07, 2020, 08:22:22 AM »
These are nice, and i like the understated swoosh. Interested to hear the progress and how durable the leather is. Break in immediate?

I feel the sole will take another session or two, or maybe I just need to get used to it after the Janoskis, which seem much thinner. Insole has an air pad, maybe that also plays into it. Leather is pretty soft, felt flexible enough to not cause any strain. Was wearing two pairs of socks though (it's freezing here), plus ankle brace on my front foot. So take this with a grain of salt, I was probably just not feeling much of the shoe. ;)

Bit concerned about the leather in terms of durability, looks like some sort of fake texture that rubs off quickly. Hope it's just this top layer. I did exactly three Kickflips and this is how it looks where I flick:

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #467 on: December 07, 2020, 09:07:00 AM »
Has anyone skated the new Puigs? I copped a pair but have not skated them yet as there is still a bit of life in my Busenitzes (is that a word?). I have worn the Puigs to work but don‘t find them very comfy and the tongue is super stiff. Plus the laces are ridicolously long.  Any opinions?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #468 on: December 07, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
Has anyone skated the new Puig? I copped a pair but have not skated them yet as there is still a bit of life in my Busenitz. I have worn the Puig to work but don‘t find them very comfy and the tongue is super stiff. Plus the laces are ridiculously long.  Any opinions?
I find them very comfortable to skate - the tongue does a good job of stabilizing the shoe imo. The laces are perfect length if you use the eyelet.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #469 on: December 07, 2020, 09:20:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone skated the new Puig? I copped a pair but have not skated them yet as there is still a bit of life in my Busenitz. I have worn the Puig to work but don‘t find them very comfy and the tongue is super stiff. Plus the laces are ridiculously long.  Any opinions?
[close]
I find them very comfortable to skate - the tongue does a good job of stabilizing the shoe imo. The laces are perfect length if you use the eyelet.

Thanks bro, that sounds great. Tbh I have tried to stuff them through the eyelet but they did not pass thru without using force so I thought it was purely decorative lol. Also I always rip the laces at the top hole and Where to get ink blue replacements?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2020, 10:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel the sole will take another session or two, or maybe I just need to get used to it after the Janoskis, which seem much thinner. Insole has an air pad, maybe that also plays into it. Leather is pretty soft, felt flexible enough to not cause any strain. Was wearing two pairs of socks though (it's freezing here), plus ankle brace on my front foot. So take this with a grain of salt, I was probably just not feeling much of the shoe. ;)

Bit concerned about the leather in terms of durability, looks like some sort of fake texture that rubs off quickly. Hope it's just this top layer. I did exactly three Kickflips and this is how it looks where I flick:

In my experience with Blazer Mids: This is just how the gonna look where you flick. They take a long time to get holes, at least mine never got them.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: December 08, 2020, 12:16:02 AM »
Good to know!

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #472 on: December 08, 2020, 07:35:00 AM »
Slimmer than both shoes in the upper but better soles than dunks and blazers imo. Get the all black suede ones that just came out a few months back. Great suede and get better over time imo. Try and avoid the ones with nylon side panels tho. The fastbreaks are my favorite converse shoe out rn

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #473 on: December 08, 2020, 06:02:00 PM »

An amazing shoe. Best cupsole for balanced boardfeel/support I’ve tried—like a glove for your feet in the best way—and the natural gum sole is frankly so durable that it defies all expectation. The nubuck is incredibly tough and little dots of shoe goo over the ollie and kickflip spots are all it’s taken to squeeze the better part of three months out of a pair.  I’m still going on it and don’t want to stop because they’re so supportive, the flick stays perfect, and I haven’t even flattened the sole all the way yet. I skate every day and beat the shit out of shoes (which is why I try to get extra life out of them), so that’s really something.  One thing some people might not be wild about is the significant heel drop, but it doesn’t bother me. Good as they are, I’ll only buy them again if I can get them cheap. 120 clams full price ain’t happening, but on sale prices are well worth it.

Gary Bucket

« Reply #474 on: December 15, 2020, 07:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

An amazing shoe. Best cupsole for balanced boardfeel/support I’ve tried—like a glove for your feet in the best way—and the natural gum sole is frankly so durable that it defies all expectation. The nubuck is incredibly tough and little dots of shoe goo over the ollie and kickflip spots are all it’s taken to squeeze the better part of three months out of a pair.  I’m still going on it and don’t want to stop because they’re so supportive, the flick stays perfect, and I haven’t even flattened the sole all the way yet. I skate every day and beat the shit out of shoes (which is why I try to get extra life out of them), so that’s really something.  One thing some people might not be wild about is the significant heel drop, but it doesn’t bother me. Good as they are, I’ll only buy them again if I can get them cheap. 120 clams full price ain’t happening, but on sale prices are well worth it.

Seconded

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #475 on: December 16, 2020, 06:17:25 PM »
Been looking at the Crockett 2 Hi's and NB# 213 mids, not sure which one to go with. Anyone have these as chillers or skate in them? I

've had plenty of sk8 hi's before but never any vans pro models. Same with NB#, never tried a pair.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #476 on: December 16, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »
Been looking at the Crockett 2 Hi's and NB# 213 mids, not sure which one to go with. Anyone have these as chillers or skate in them? I

've had plenty of sk8 hi's before but never any vans pro models. Same with NB#, never tried a pair.

Crockett Hi’s are the shittt. Popcush/Wafflecup sole is great. decent ankle protection too, they almost feel like an authentic Hi. Best part IMO is the heel lock, they feel like they’re glued to your feet/board

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #477 on: December 16, 2020, 08:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Crockett Hi’s are the shittt. Popcush/Wafflecup sole is great. decent ankle protection too, they almost feel like an authentic Hi. Best part IMO is the heel lock, they feel like they’re glued to your feet/board

Good to hear, been lurking this and the new vans model thread and have only heard positive things about them. Think that's where I'm leaning towards. Just gotta find my size in stock. Appreciate your insight.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #478 on: December 17, 2020, 02:28:50 PM »
Eh only about 50%, probably less, of the Knox 440 is actually leather. Amazing shoe though, I just got them in yesterday.
got a pair of the tom knox 440s 2 weeks ago. broke in quick, good ankle support, good boardfeel. sole is already feeling a little soft tho, was hoping itd be more durable/padded. i've honestly had vans that kept their padding longer, and the whole reason i switched to NB was to try and get more padding under my feet. after reading threads here i got the ipression that the 440s were a really good middle ground between vulc boardfeel and cup padding. that seemed to be the case for my first 5 sessions or so, but not anymore.

also, i underestimated how warm my feet would be in leather high-tops. if i lived somewhere cold this would be a huge selling point, but i recently moved to LA and therefore my feet are sweating like hell. that's my own mistake i guess, whoops.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #479 on: December 17, 2020, 03:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In my experience with Blazer Mids: This is just how the gonna look where you flick. They take a long time to get holes, at least mine never got them.

I'd echo this, I skated a pair of bruins with the same pebbled leather material. It doesn't look great, but it's pretty durable.

I'm a little bummed to see these are made with this material though, from photos I thought these would a higher quality leather. I also semi recently skated a pair of those Portland Trailblazer bruins that wore away from black to red and that leather was perfect, I was hoping these would be closer to that.

Edit: The Bruin seems like a happy medium between the thin Janoski and bulkier Blazer mids. I prefer them over Blazer lows when I want to skate a nike sb vulc. They feel better and have a tasteful small stitched swoosh that doesn't take over the whole shoe. Anybody else think Bruins are better?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead