Author Topic: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes  (Read 64638 times)

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The "Has anyone skated these?" Thread - Shoes
« Reply #630 on: November 03, 2021, 03:41:19 AM »
I went half down on JP pros

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #631 on: November 03, 2021, 03:57:17 AM »
Full size down for JP’s for me.

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #632 on: November 04, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »
Thanks guys

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #633 on: November 15, 2021, 06:18:08 PM »
Anyone know the fit on the Emerica Omen Hi's?

I had the Pillar in my normal TTS and the toe was really long and it fit pretty big, I'd probably size down .5 if I got another pair. Should I go ahead and do that with Omen or just stick with TTS?

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #634 on: November 15, 2021, 07:57:55 PM »
anyone skate the vans skate slipons (tectuff)?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #635 on: November 15, 2021, 08:08:31 PM »
anyone skate the vans skate slipons (tectuff)?

i think the dudes at bluetile did a youtube video on those vans slipons/sandals/croc-a-like footwear

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #636 on: December 02, 2021, 05:38:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the Copa National? I’d be interested to see how that shoe holds up / breaks down. I’ve got 3 pairs of cons left but then I think I got to go back to something a bit more supportive.
[close]

I'm recovering from a hip surgery so I haven't actually done anything other than roll around in them and wear them, but I'm way stoked on them. Comfy  ass shoes for sure. I'm sure there's a YouTube wear test for them from someone. Seem like a durable shoe from actually seeing and wearing them. Hopefully I'll know within the next month or so.
Bumping this

Really like this shoe but I'm fussy as shit when it comes to shoes and boardfeel, been skating the Adidas 3st.003 religiously and skating New Balance 288S at the moment; anyone know how the Copa Nationales compare to either of these shoes? Do they have good boardfeel/flex? Or are they super stiff?

Safe in advance

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #637 on: December 06, 2021, 09:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone skated the Copa National? I’d be interested to see how that shoe holds up / breaks down. I’ve got 3 pairs of cons left but then I think I got to go back to something a bit more supportive.
[close]

I'm recovering from a hip surgery so I haven't actually done anything other than roll around in them and wear them, but I'm way stoked on them. Comfy  ass shoes for sure. I'm sure there's a YouTube wear test for them from someone. Seem like a durable shoe from actually seeing and wearing them. Hopefully I'll know within the next month or so.
[close]
Bumping this

Really like this shoe but I'm fussy as shit when it comes to shoes and boardfeel, been skating the Adidas 3st.003 religiously and skating New Balance 288S at the moment; anyone know how the Copa Nationales compare to either of these shoes? Do they have good boardfeel/flex? Or are they super stiff?

Safe in advance

Hey, I have since skated these!

They had good board feel, and are not stiff. I liked the way they felt, but felt like the suede ripped fairly quickly. I had to shoe goo them a few times, but they’re not stiff.

When I think of stiff shoes I think the nb 440. I’ve tried but can’t seem to skate that one. With that said, I loved the 288, and hated the 3st, but I had the 004 with the big ass boost heel. Those things suck.

Overall, I’d say the copas are worth a shot, but I’d probably try to catch them on sale to not be bummed if the suede blows out. You a size 12? I’ve got a few pairs still.

Hopefully that helps.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #638 on: December 22, 2021, 07:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Bumping this

Safe in advance
[close]

Hey, I have since skated these!

They had good board feel, and are not stiff. I liked the way they felt, but felt like the suede ripped fairly quickly. I had to shoe goo them a few times, but they’re not stiff.

When I think of stiff shoes I think the nb 440. I’ve tried but can’t seem to skate that one. With that said, I loved the 288, and hated the 3st, but I had the 004 with the big ass boost heel. Those things suck.

Overall, I’d say the copas are worth a shot, but I’d probably try to catch them on sale to not be bummed if the suede blows out. You a size 12? I’ve got a few pairs still.

Hopefully that helps.
lol I never even tried a pair , just started skating cup sole cons…

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #639 on: December 24, 2021, 02:58:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Bumping this

Safe in advance

I’ve never tried the full suede model, but I have the black leather and cream rubber ones with the suede toe overlay and they’re breaking in nicely after feeling a little rigid at first (haven’t put them through a ton of skating since it’s been rainy, just walking them around mostly). The sole unit feels much more stable and substantial than the 003 in my opinion, but the forefoot is still nice and thin. The toe box is more wedge-shaped than the 003 and feels like it will bag out less (at least the leather ones do), and the collar feels both lower around the ankle and a little more padded.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #640 on: January 31, 2022, 06:13:18 PM »
I've had it in my head I want to skate a pair Lakai's with their XLK soles

Maybe Carroll's.  Or the Telford low

Anyone have any good bad things to say about them ?

I did use the  search button,
I get a feeling they decent just no one cares about Lakai?

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #641 on: February 01, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »

I'm pretty sure I had some of the griffins with the xlk jawns-pretty sure, and I don't recall them being bad. I liked the shoes enough to rock emfor like 2 years but I'm not sure they were all xlk. If I'm remembering right they were on point straight away like no break in time and held up  well. So I say fuck  it grab those jawns up pal.
Whoa. Danger.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2022, 02:14:16 PM »
I usually ride Busenitz but my buddy needs cash and has some Last Resorts to sell. I would help him out but I am afraid the change would be quite substantial and I would take forever to adapt. I once tried Tyshawn mids but they didn‘t work for me. Any opinions?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Vintagebody

• Rep: 75
« Reply #643 on: February 27, 2022, 11:09:31 PM »
Its time to retire my Blazer mids. Rather good durability. First shoe thats not gotten ollie hole within first week. Its probably duo it actually being a mid top, not allowing 100% ancle flexion tho.

So whats Slaps thoughts on the Ishods? Durability wise?

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #644 on: February 28, 2022, 01:08:57 PM »
Its time to retire my Blazer mids. Rather good durability. First shoe thats not gotten ollie hole within first week. Its probably duo it actually being a mid top, not allowing 100% ancle flexion tho.

So whats Slaps thoughts on the Ishods? Durability wise?

Durability is terrible, one week hole. Fit tight for wider feet too imo. Mainly in the upper mid
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #645 on: March 02, 2022, 04:35:17 AM »
How’s the fit on low gt blazers? Compared to old skools, how’s the wideness on the toe area? I went half size up from vans to bruins, should I do it again?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #646 on: March 02, 2022, 04:52:36 AM »
Asked in the other thread but emerica temples?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #647 on: March 02, 2022, 06:02:05 AM »
How’s the fit on low gt blazers? Compared to old skools, how’s the wideness on the toe area? I went half size up from vans to bruins, should I do it again?
8,5 on Vans, 9 on Nikes for me and usually they still feel little tight at first

Wider footer here

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #648 on: March 02, 2022, 03:33:56 PM »
Anyone skate the Emerica Omens recently?  Decent? Bad?  I stumbled upon some old footage from many years ago of me skating the Ellingtons and Reynolds 2’s and it got me a little nostalgic about Emerica…

I saw the Omen lows a couple places for pretty cheap and the all white ones are pretty decent looking.  Since I’ve been able to get fully back into skating over the past couple years I’ve only skated Nike, Adidas, and Last Resorts.  I skated some Sole Tech shoes back in 2017/2018 (Reynolds low vulcs, Accel Slims) and they all seemed to wear through pretty fast. 

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #649 on: March 03, 2022, 04:47:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
8,5 on Vans, 9 on Nikes for me and usually they still feel little tight at first

Wider footer here

Yeah, I went half size up from vans too

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #650 on: March 05, 2022, 06:44:27 PM »
Anyone skate the Emerica Omens recently?  Decent? Bad?  I stumbled upon some old footage from many years ago of me skating the Ellingtons and Reynolds 2’s and it got me a little nostalgic about Emerica…

I saw the Omen lows a couple places for pretty cheap and the all white ones are pretty decent looking.  Since I’ve been able to get fully back into skating over the past couple years I’ve only skated Nike, Adidas, and Last Resorts.  I skated some Sole Tech shoes back in 2017/2018 (Reynolds low vulcs, Accel Slims) and they all seemed to wear through pretty fast.

Ended up scrapping this plan and picking up a pair of the dress blue Half Cab ‘92s instead.  Great looking shoe.  The collar of the upper feels like it was carved out of stone.  I can tell they will take a little while to break in. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:08:27 PM by big_kev_215 »

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #651 on: March 06, 2022, 12:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ended up scrapping this plan and picking up a pair of the dress blue Half Cab ‘92s instead.  Great looking shoe.  The collar of the upper feels like it was carved out of stone.  I can tell they will take a little while to break in.
That new colorway? They look so good. Had to calm myself down to not spend anymore money on shoes until summer but damn they are tempting

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #652 on: March 06, 2022, 02:54:01 AM »

Telford sole is paper thin and needs an insole swap to be actually comfortable. That sole is so goddam floppy and pliable. If you're not into thin soles, they will suck and hurt your feet. If you do like thin soles, they probably won't be horrible since they'll grip well and feel nimble. The upper is nice and padded. Not too much, not too little. Overall, a pretty solid shoe that seems built well for a re-release.

My recommendations (in order) for Lakai XLK:

1. Atlantic (VA's pro shoe) - solid and sturdy, yet agile and comfortable. A little narrow for some feet. Flicks well! True to size for the most part.

2. Caroll XLK - Well padded, responsive, comfortable, mostly durable.  Lace loops are in danger on this shoe. Shoe has good board feel but doesn't feel paper thin for the most part. True to size/0.5 size small depending on your foot.

3. Fade - a new one with a new sole unit. These seem durable. Well padded and comfortable from photos. Could be grippy and responsive or clunky. I'm not sure, but there's potential with this one for sure! Sizing =  not sure

4. Telford - see above ^

5. Trudger (Simon's Pro shoe) - don't know much but it's new and uses the same sole as the Fade!
Super Champion Fun Zone

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #653 on: March 06, 2022, 08:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Telford sole is paper thin and needs an insole swap to be actually comfortable. That sole is so goddam floppy and pliable. If you're not into thin soles, they will suck and hurt your feet. If you do like thin soles, they probably won't be horrible since they'll grip well and feel nimble. The upper is nice and padded. Not too much, not too little. Overall, a pretty solid shoe that seems built well for a re-release.

My recommendations (in order) for Lakai XLK:

1. Atlantic (VA's pro shoe) - solid and sturdy, yet agile and comfortable. A little narrow for some feet. Flicks well! True to size for the most part.

2. Caroll XLK - Well padded, responsive, comfortable, mostly durable.  Lace loops are in danger on this shoe. Shoe has good board feel but doesn't feel paper thin for the most part. True to size/0.5 size small depending on your foot.

3. Fade - a new one with a new sole unit. These seem durable. Well padded and comfortable from photos. Could be grippy and responsive or clunky. I'm not sure, but there's potential with this one for sure! Sizing =  not sure

4. Telford - see above ^

5. Trudger (Simon's Pro shoe) - don't know much but it's new and uses the same sole as the Fade!

I like the Telford sole but they're right they are very thin. I like the board feel and how they feel broken in right away, but it wouldn't be my first choice for jumping down anything (not that I do anyway). If you want to try the Telford low but don't like the sole, they are coming out with a Manchild colorway (Slap's favorite) that uses the atlantic sole instead. I think they look pretty good and you can always just cut the tag with his name off the tongue.

https://oscdist.com/catalog/LAKAI-Q3-2022.pdf

LebowskisRug

« Reply #654 on: March 06, 2022, 09:58:33 AM »
Not directly a shoe thread but any old dudes ever skated in non skate orthotics like the SOL medium? They’re a bit stiffer but have some heel padding although less than say a pop Cush, but have more arch support. I use them in my normal shoes, but have never fucked with a skate shoe insole.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #655 on: March 06, 2022, 06:23:35 PM »
Not directly a shoe thread but any old dudes ever skated in non skate orthotics like the SOL medium? They’re a bit stiffer but have some heel padding although less than say a pop Cush, but have more arch support. I use them in my normal shoes, but have never fucked with a skate shoe insole.

I am following this intently.
I’ve tried super feet, never had that great of a time with em. Insoles kinda freak me out: feel like I sit too high in the shoe and feel like imma flop my shit over. Ankle breaking.
Foot pain is more responsible for lack of skate time, for me, than drugs, alcohol, family and work. Or even with. It’s the worst. I am truly sorry if that shit is fucking with you. Birkenstocks feel great when I’m not skating.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #656 on: March 07, 2022, 06:20:47 AM »

I have custom orthotics from my doctor for plantar fasciitis. Harder/more supportive insoles aren't the most convenient or comfortable to skate in, but you can do it if you need them (I can't even walk around the block without foot pain unless I wear mine). You want to pair them with a shoe with a supportive sole and a cushioned midsole. Skate shoe brands haven't made a lot of those in recent years, but some examples would be the AVE Vans, any of the pour-in G6 Emericas, any of the DC cupsole reissues, the NB Tiagos, or the Adidas Tyshawns.

They will mess with the fit of the shoes, so you'll need to do some trial and error to find a shoe/insole combo that works for you. Tyshawn Mid has been my favourite recently. I wish it had a bit more cushion in the sole, but the mid-top helps the heel lift I was having with other shoes.

big_kev_215

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #657 on: March 08, 2022, 03:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
That new colorway? They look so good. Had to calm myself down to not spend anymore money on shoes until summer but damn they are tempting

Yep.  Skated them for the second time today.  Colorway looks great and they’re starting to break in a little bit.  I’m impressed with how durable they are.  After one session in Last Resorts they usually look very skated.  After two sessions in these Half Cabs it looks like I don’t actually skateboard. 

Solex

• Rep: 29
« Reply #658 on: March 09, 2022, 01:16:02 AM »
Hi!

Has anyone skated some Decathlon Oxelo shoes?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 08:23:37 AM by Solex »

Yossi

• Rep: 20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #659 on: March 17, 2022, 10:57:24 AM »
Has anyone skated a Vans shoe with the bmx waffle cup? The sole doesn't look too different than a normal waffle cup, but does have different grooves that are described as "increased pedalfeel."