Author Topic: Will DC ever be cool again?  (Read 8408 times)

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
Re: Will DC ever be cool again?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
I havent had a pair of DC in years but I will admit they had the most durable rubber on their "Pure" shoes. Vulc i believe,

It had some special name but whatever it was was amazing.

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

fastlane

• Rep: -5
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 10:28:35 AM »
Its cool to see eS and DC re releasing all these classics. What the hell is Emerica doing? Every one of their shoes is a Vans rip off.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2020, 10:32:19 AM »
I havent had a pair of DC in years but I will admit they had the most durable rubber on their "Pure" shoes. Vulc i believe,

DGT: dynamic grip technology, i think. it was 3 different durometers

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »
That shit worked, those things were beasts.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

CallMeDillo

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Vans are poser shoes everywhere.
[close]

Watch out, this guy skates
[close]

Vans
-Get ruined in a week
-Bad for your knees
-Trash board feel
-Just as expensive as every other skate shoe
-People tell you to kill yourself
-White_girl.jpg
-Other faggotry
[close]

I found that the Vans Ultra Range Pro lasted long as fuck and had decent impact support.
I'm not saying all vans are bad I'm just saying it's the go-to for new skaters and a lot of people who haven't looked into a lot of different skate shoes that last longer and are overall better in general.

Dr Dew

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2020, 12:51:56 PM »
idk, it sounded to me more like you said vans are poser shoes and they get ruined in a week and are bad for your knees

i mean i totally get what your saying and agree with your point: that MOST people who wear vans dont skate, MOST vans models blow out quickly and hurt your body. but your brush strokes are too broad. could use a bit more nuance ya digg

CallMeDillo

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »
idk, it sounded to me more like you said vans are poser shoes and they get ruined in a week and are bad for your knees

i mean i totally get what your saying and agree with your point: that MOST people who wear vans dont skate, MOST vans models blow out quickly and hurt your body. but your brush strokes are too broad. could use a bit more nuance ya digg
I see you.

nigga_please

• Rep: -31
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »
Kalis S is one of the best skate shoes out there! Legacy slims skates pretty good too.

DC is cool, but the fact that 99% of their team don't skate the shoes they are cool for, just shows that the brand is going thru an identity crisis right now. Lemons carried DC on his back for the past decade. Also kicking Matt Miller out was another wierd move. Those guys fitted DC so well.

FROTHY

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »
Kalis S is one of the best skate shoes out there! Legacy slims skates pretty good too.

DC is cool, but the fact that 99% of their team don't skate the shoes they are cool for, just shows that the brand is going thru an identity crisis right now. Lemons carried DC on his back for the past decade. Also kicking Matt Miller out was another wierd move. Those guys fitted DC so well.

Tiger Lemons? The one who went to New Balance?

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2020, 01:19:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is his homie Carlile Litchi still on dc?

FROTHY

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2020, 01:23:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

is his homie Carlile Litchi still on dc?
I think so... stuck on there with Jean Bananahan

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2020, 01:29:35 PM »
To respond to the original inquiry: No.
ok thanks

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »
This thread is so out of touch it cracks me up. Looking forward to your next thread "will baggy pants ever be cool again" or possibly "why can't I find krew jeans anymore???"

Yes DC are cool again, and really good shoes. I can skate every day in Legacy Slims, i can't even walk in vans for 30min without limping.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2020, 01:44:00 PM »
Expand Quote
DC has a killer team without much dead weight(danny and colin).
Been enjoying chase webb lately, madars is fun to watch, T-funk’s cool and wes kremer has one of the best styles out there...but will they ever ditch the puffy shoe, dyrdek mtv stigma?
[close]
Last time I hit the local park I saw at least 20 different fools rockin dcs and the puffy shoes are “in” again. Chase Webb sucks.
come on homes. Pizza just released that chase part with him chomping squiggly rails.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2020, 01:47:25 PM »
And someone explain the chase Webb hateboner

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2020, 01:50:08 PM »
He's accused of raping drunk girls with Dloy at Nyjah parties. https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97458.0
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2020, 01:56:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Strongest skate shoe I've ever had.

Bobby Lashley

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He's accused of raping drunk girls with Dloy at Nyjah parties. https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97458.0
damn, if this were true, they’d be outed. For real. Unless we see said video. Or court docs.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2020, 02:21:28 PM »
team is solid but they're gonna need an original and modern shoe if they really want relevancy
the re-issue shoes are cool but cater to too niché of a market

ralf_

• Rep: -31
  • yo
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2020, 02:26:32 PM »
what even are cool skate shoes anymore? ? ?  :-\
just skate something thats cheap or something you think thats super duper dope, right? which: nikes and vans both come pretty cheap over here, if i see some on sell and im on that money, ill just buy a few pairs and am good for a year :–) thing is both of them brands have got a lot of like shoes-shoes. if you type in "dc footwear" or "dc shoes" in to google, boy are all those shoes ugly! they look like a looser wanted to design a cool sk9board shoe. it is, as the great skateboard-singer of our age so rightfully puts it, complicated.
fun fun fun

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -306
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »
Where have you been? My city is full of wiggers in DC skating in size 40 sweats and cargos

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2020, 05:35:10 PM »
Their quality has always been decent, but their designers need to learn about doing sleeker shoes. It either seems too plain or over the top. Also the color of their gum soles look cheap as fuck

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • the moon rules
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2020, 06:11:09 PM »
I went almost 20 years without wearing DC’s. The last pair I had were the Josh Kalis pro model “The Truth” in 2001. I hated them and the airbag blew out. I thought the Legacy Slims looked goofy at first, but they started looking better over time and I bought a pair on sale. I don’t care if DC is cool or not because they make a damn good cupsole and my feet, ankles, legs, and back don’t hurt after skating all day anymore. I’ve accepted the fact that DC’s might be my personal missing link
fuck you bama

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2020, 07:32:08 PM »
I noticed that no shops have them.
I was in the market for the kremer 2 but couldn’t find a pair to try on.
Cool is subjective but it could be discussed in the hypothetical without all the “faggotry” comments.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2020, 08:37:38 PM »
Dc makes nice shoes that are often on sale.  Ive had a few different pairs skating the legacy 98 slims now there well made shoes nice support and durable. There not bulky at all they feel totally modern. Ive had like 10 people ask me what shoes they are.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Strongest skate shoe I've ever had.

Yeah the Pure treated me well numerous times. I remember it being slimmer looking than that picture though.

t0mmywr1ght3rd

• Rep: 2
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2020, 11:03:27 PM »
This thread is so out of touch it cracks me up. Looking forward to your next thread "will baggy pants ever be cool again" or possibly "why can't I find krew jeans anymore???"

Yes DC are cool again, and really good shoes. I can skate every day in Legacy Slims, i can't even walk in vans for 30min without limping.

of course this thread is out of touch slap is full of 30 year old ipa drinkers

CallMeDillo

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2020, 05:36:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

of course this thread is out of touch slap is full of 30 year old ipa drinkers
except for the young ones who still know Stevie Williams will never get old

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2020, 05:59:27 AM »
If they make a Grimple shoe for Evan, tides may turn some.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2020, 06:30:50 AM »
As long DGKalis rides for them they will be cool.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.