Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 107603 times)

treflips_up_yer_nan

Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1260 on: November 17, 2020, 01:15:56 AM »
Dr.Purpleteeth-style filming is far worse than anything Ty Evans ever did wrong.
link

SkollieJol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #1261 on: November 17, 2020, 03:57:41 AM »
Expand Quote
More focus needs to be put onto the skateboarding sounds in videos. It really makes a big difference in my enjoyment of the video.
[close]

Agreed. I've seen a lot of edits that have GoPro footage or footage with bad mics that make the sounds almost inaudible. GoPro footage shouldn't belong in regular skate videos.

Fully agree. Also, not a fan of being able to see the bottom of someone's board when they're just rolling on flat. You get that a lot with go pro edits.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1262 on: November 17, 2020, 06:27:04 AM »
I think a lot of baggy pants are going way overboard and in a couple years some people are gonna look back and be very embarrassed of their footy.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1263 on: November 17, 2020, 06:35:12 AM »
I just read this thread I think it’s my bunions, the mesh on the inside of the aves lets them hang free
I know that’s gross, sorry guys
listen to cosmic psychos

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #1264 on: November 17, 2020, 06:48:49 AM »
Gonz’s art and skating (now) sucks. He is overdone

I've never liked his art or poetry/fiction. His skating was and is still amazing, though, granted the current stuff is great for his age. Still tons of style and imagination.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #1265 on: November 17, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »
ben kadow is tight

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1266 on: November 17, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »
I think a lot of baggy pants are going way overboard and in a couple years some people are gonna look back and be very embarrassed of their footy.

Fully agree. Been seeing many young guys wearing goofy-boy pants. We regret it. They will regret it. But they are having fun now just like we did in the early 90s so whatever. However, it gives me a good chuckle to see kids grasp onto old fashion trends that are so obviously gross.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1267 on: November 17, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »
ben kadow is tight

His footy in the first hockey video was great. Haven't been too impressed since.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1268 on: November 17, 2020, 01:58:17 PM »
Expand Quote
They seem to be well received on here. But I personally think Heroin skateboards is one of the worst companies out.
[close]

one of the more geniune unpopular opinion here.
man theyve got some amazing riders and their last 2 projects were real good. Also gou, deaddave, timpson.

I'll say that I got second hand embarrassment watching Gou skate and I think he set Japanese skating back 10 years with all the copycats that popped up after. His skating reminds me of a dad trying to pull faces to make their kid laugh.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1269 on: November 17, 2020, 02:00:34 PM »
↑ strongly disagree

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1270 on: November 17, 2020, 02:08:37 PM »
↑ strongly disagree

Of course you would. Take down the Gou poster man.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #1271 on: November 17, 2020, 02:09:50 PM »
I think cargo pants looks stupid.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1272 on: November 17, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »

Big baggy cargo pants that are above ankles, Chuck Taylors, small beanie, mustache, and a shaped board.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #1273 on: November 17, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »

Agree 100%

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #1274 on: November 17, 2020, 04:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fully agree. Been seeing many young guys wearing goofy-boy pants. We regret it. They will regret it. But they are having fun now just like we did in the early 90s so whatever. However, it gives me a good chuckle to see kids grasp onto old fashion trends that are so obviously gross.

I can confirm. Thank fucking Christ we didn’t have cameras with us everywhere we went back then.

Don’t waste your money on any of those Polar clothes, kids. You’ll be bummed later.

Couple Pharmaceutical

• Rep: -40
  • "I can't feel at home in this world anymore"
« Reply #1275 on: November 17, 2020, 07:40:38 PM »
Can't stand Mark Gonzalez his artwork reminds me of a more autistic Daniel Johnston minus the creativity

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1276 on: November 17, 2020, 10:54:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can confirm. Thank fucking Christ we didn’t have cameras with us everywhere we went back then.

Don’t waste your money on any of those Polar clothes, kids. You’ll be bummed later.

Big boy pants are too wild for me but i got a long sleeve from polar and really like it.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1277 on: November 18, 2020, 02:47:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Big baggy cargo pants that are above ankles, Chuck Taylors, small beanie, mustache, and a shaped board.

Damn. I fucks w/ dem shits.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 90
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1278 on: November 18, 2020, 04:27:24 AM »
Maybe the baggy trou will go the way of what I hope mobile phones will do.

Go so big 'ya gotta go back smaller again.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1279 on: November 18, 2020, 05:25:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They seem to be well received on here. But I personally think Heroin skateboards is one of the worst companies out.
[close]

man theyve got some amazing riders and their last 2 projects were real good. Also gou, deaddave, timpson.
[close]

I'll say that I got second hand embarrassment watching Gou skate and I think he set Japanese skating back 10 years with all the copycats that popped up after. His skating reminds me of a dad trying to pull faces to make their kid laugh.

Nah mate. This isn't it.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1280 on: November 18, 2020, 05:45:58 AM »
Funny thing for me is I don’t really like footy of me wearing slimmer/fitted pants.
I wore baggy jeans all my life until I was 25 and I found Marc Johnson slim fit matix jeans at Burlington coat factory. I ended up liking them and wore fitted pants for about 4-5 years.
For me personally, wearing baggy pants (And puffy shoes) again is more of a return to form for me and just feels like home.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1281 on: November 18, 2020, 05:58:40 AM »
I should clarify that I don't mean baggy pants in general. I mean specifically people going WAY too big just to make it some kinda contest or something. I've seen clips where it just looks like they're wearing snowboard pants that are sized up. I saw a clip of pretty scrawny kid wearing size 60 Dickies. He looked ridiculous. I wear fairly baggy pants when I skate these days but I feel like some people I see on IG would have even been laughed out of the early 90's with some of their fits, haha.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1282 on: November 18, 2020, 07:45:17 AM »
Dr.Purpleteeth-style filming is far worse than anything Ty Evans ever did wrong.

i once saw him filming in person. He got exactly as obnoxiously close to the skaters and in the way of their tricks as everyone would expect.
If I would be a pro skater, I´d refuse to deal with that.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1283 on: November 18, 2020, 07:49:01 AM »
You shut your God Damned suck hole fucko,  let me enjoy the sweet look of those flat green paratrooper pants nothing extra about them just look good for what they're.
Dueces Bitch's

Nigel Houston

« Reply #1284 on: November 18, 2020, 07:54:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn. I fucks w/ dem shits.

The only legit cargos are baggy. Skinny cargo pants are the worst! Like, you can't even fit anything in the pockets.

Ronnie Craeger 1997, that is the fit you want:
https://youtu.be/bmDOdvsFY3w

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1285 on: November 18, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Everything but the name. That is the worst fucking name of a skate brand ever, so fuckin wack and cheesy. Like we don't have crack pipe wheel co or whtever. Idk I like the art, the skaters, and the videos but fucking hell that name is a problem for me. Whiny rant about a bad name over.
No gou? Come now. That shit is pretty cool, and he seems like a genuine cat with a refreshing eye on skating. Do you also think osaka daggers are wack? I mean evisen seems to be doing fine, and set back ten years? Idk.
Whoa. Danger.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #1286 on: November 18, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
Anthony Hawkins is completely out to lunch with all the renaming of tricks in his game.
...made them change SMITH GRIND to MONTY GRIND.

NOBODY calls it a monty grind anymore, trick names evolve over time and dude is wrong.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1287 on: November 18, 2020, 09:50:08 AM »
Actually just noticed that the other day. Never really read the tricks I was doing until then... was all "Oh a Monty grind.. aiit den"

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1288 on: November 18, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gou is like if Todd falcon went street skating

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1289 on: November 18, 2020, 10:46:24 AM »
“Historic” skate spots don’t need to be saved.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.