Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 107592 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #900 on: August 05, 2020, 02:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pastrami is far and away the most underrated lunch meat.  It's all turkey this and ham that.....Pastrami is the true king of the deli counter.
[close]

agreed
[close]

i always thought that only unadventurous-uncultured-shape-shaggers went for turkey or ham at the deli counter?

Good bologna is underrated.

Hombreezy

« Reply #901 on: August 05, 2020, 04:10:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Everyone should delete Instagram or unfollow all skate-related accounts
Watching skate videos isn’t cool anymore
Flip tricks are overrated
Having tattoos makes you look worse
Any kind of vocal/instrument-based music in a skate video is cliche
[close]
Please list examples of music that are not vocal/instrument-based. Keep in mind that samplers, synthesizers, and drum machines are instruments. I'm at work and need some less cliche music to listen to
[close]
Nice try. You know quite well that I meant instrument-based, as in instrumental - made and based around sounds produced by and performed on traditional physical instruments. You’re not accounting for digital processing and digital instruments also, or found sound/sound-collage related stuff. I guess I also missed that it’s about a conventional use of an instrument. I wouldn’t be mad to hear some Sunn O))) in a skate edit to be honest.
Now all of this being said, any Autechre post-2006 would probably do the job for you, as it’s mainly programming-based. Wouldn’t be mad to hear Autechre in a skate edit either.
But yeah, you know what I mean. Laptop music. Electronic music. There’s tons of shit out there that’s very off-kilter and fairly accessible and pleasing at the same time. I’m tired of hearing Cocteau Twins time and again in skate videos. I like their music, but enough is enough. I wanna hear an old Hessle Audio single or some Photek in a skate edit. That would be simple enough and cool at the same time.
[close]
Boy do I have some etnies videos for you
[close]
Give it up, I’m ready for it.
https://youtu.be/XIfE2k4Lkrg
Etnies videos are sick if you just want pure skating no bullshit. I think doogie is the only guy who’s part has any sort of vocals and even then there’s not much and it’s a way more instrumental heavy song. Aidan Campbell also shows up Sheckler in this video on that massive hubba he destroyed both of his ankles on for ETN a few years ago.

Technique

« Reply #902 on: August 05, 2020, 04:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Please list examples of music that are not vocal/instrument-based. Keep in mind that samplers, synthesizers, and drum machines are instruments. I'm at work and need some less cliche music to listen to
[close]
Nice try. You know quite well that I meant instrument-based, as in instrumental - made and based around sounds produced by and performed on traditional physical instruments. You’re not accounting for digital processing and digital instruments also, or found sound/sound-collage related stuff. I guess I also missed that it’s about a conventional use of an instrument. I wouldn’t be mad to hear some Sunn O))) in a skate edit to be honest.
Now all of this being said, any Autechre post-2006 would probably do the job for you, as it’s mainly programming-based. Wouldn’t be mad to hear Autechre in a skate edit either.
But yeah, you know what I mean. Laptop music. Electronic music. There’s tons of shit out there that’s very off-kilter and fairly accessible and pleasing at the same time. I’m tired of hearing Cocteau Twins time and again in skate videos. I like their music, but enough is enough. I wanna hear an old Hessle Audio single or some Photek in a skate edit. That would be simple enough and cool at the same time.
[close]
[close]
[close]
Etnies videos are sick if you just want pure skating no bullshit. I think doogie is the only guy who’s part has any sort of vocals and even then there’s not much and it’s a way more instrumental heavy song. Aidan Campbell also shows up Sheckler in this video on that massive hubba he destroyed both of his ankles on for ETN a few years ago.
Yeah, I thought you were gonna mention Album and rewatched it after I saw the reply. The soundtrack is pretty interesting, and I like how it works with the video, but it’s still very guitar-centric if you know what I mean. One of these parts could work with a Jon Hopkins track I think.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #903 on: August 05, 2020, 04:27:28 PM »
Jason Jesse's mother has tasteful pubes

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #904 on: August 05, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Snapple is made from the best stuff on Earth and Howard Stern is living proof
[close]

This isn’t the 1996 unpopular opinion thread

BoKu > Fruitopia
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #905 on: August 05, 2020, 05:29:36 PM »
Jason Jesse's mother has tasteful pubes

You want to taste them?

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -733
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #906 on: August 05, 2020, 05:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Xoflippo came off seeming more reasonable than Lawndale in that thread. And, yes, I realize that he admitted to at least one thing that would get him on a sex offender list.
[close]

Yep. Was cringe
Yep.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #907 on: August 05, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
The astrology topic is a spear phishing attempt to get y'all birthdays and you're dumb enough to fall for it.
LOL you got me

Hombreezy

« Reply #908 on: August 05, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah, I thought you were gonna mention Album and rewatched it after I saw the reply. The soundtrack is pretty interesting, and I like how it works with the video, but it’s still very guitar-centric if you know what I mean. One of these parts could work with a Jon Hopkins track I think.
On a similar note, I’ve always wanted someone to skate to a daughters song. There is some vocals in their songs but that shit is far out from most music

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #909 on: August 05, 2020, 07:58:48 PM »
Dumb fucks didn’t take White lighter with Red Button serious and now we are in 2020 letting 1984 be real and cypress hill and if you follow the dots and are not a gimp or a +1 shalomer u will love one another

Technique

« Reply #910 on: August 05, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
On a similar note, I’ve always wanted someone to skate to a daughters song. There is some vocals in their songs but that shit is far out from most music
Yes! Agreed. It would probably have to be some far out skating as well though. Would be perfect for a short 2-minute part.

ride the tiger

• Rep: -18
  • Are you telling me a shrimp fried this rice?
« Reply #911 on: August 06, 2020, 03:45:26 AM »
Transgenderism is a mental illness.

My unpopular opinion is that this forum is actually not about skateboarding.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #912 on: August 06, 2020, 04:00:00 AM »

your 'unpopular' opinion has been stolen and posted across the internet by about ten trillion other people. copyright infringement?

ride the tiger

« Reply #913 on: August 06, 2020, 04:06:35 AM »
Its a common opinion.

Also i think if people were comfortable with their identity they wouldnt seek validation.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #914 on: August 06, 2020, 04:17:40 AM »

ride the tiger

« Reply #915 on: August 06, 2020, 04:31:22 AM »
You can support israel and not be a zionist.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #916 on: August 06, 2020, 04:52:28 AM »
Everyone should be nice to each other.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #917 on: August 06, 2020, 04:57:20 AM »
you can oppose, or question Israel and not be labelled an anti Semite.

ride the tiger

« Reply #918 on: August 06, 2020, 05:04:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree 100% i also feel like alot of people jump on the Palestinian/israel political shitstorm because its fashionable without being able to back up or defend their position.

Technique

« Reply #919 on: August 06, 2020, 06:49:07 AM »
Yo, can we ban these weird ass newcomers? So far most of them seem to be either alt-right cucks or tankie Stalin apologists. Either way, I don’t think any of this should be here.

ride the tiger

« Reply #920 on: August 06, 2020, 06:53:32 AM »
Yo, can we ban these weird ass newcomers? So far most of them seem to be either alt-right cucks or tankie Stalin apologists. Either way, I don’t think any of this should be here.

Its an unpopular opinion thread these are unpopular opinions 🤷🏻‍♂️

Technique

« Reply #921 on: August 06, 2020, 07:04:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A) it’s not
B) this forum is about skateboarding

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #922 on: August 07, 2020, 06:41:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
A) it’s not
B) this forum is about skateboarding

vhsfisheye

« Reply #923 on: August 07, 2020, 09:31:09 AM »

the thread is unpopular opinions not bigoted opinions. you're straight up transphobic homie. saying someones sexual identity is a mental illness is a lot different than not supporting the corrupt ass Israeli gov.

ride the tiger

« Reply #924 on: August 07, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the thread is unpopular opinions not bigoted opinions. you're straight up transphobic homie. saying someones sexual identity is a mental illness is a lot different than not supporting the corrupt ass Israeli gov.

Not supporting the israeli government is a bigoted opinion not an unpopular opinion.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #925 on: August 07, 2020, 09:48:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not supporting the israeli government is a bigoted opinion not an unpopular opinion.

https://www.btselem.org/press_releases/20190117_2018_fatalities
So its bigoted to not support racially targeted genocide attempts by the Israeli goverment? but your not being transphobic by disregarding the trans experience?

ride the tiger

« Reply #926 on: August 07, 2020, 09:51:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

https://www.btselem.org/press_releases/20190117_2018_fatalities
So its bigoted to not support racially targeted genocide attempts by the Israeli goverment? but your not being transphobic by disregarding the trans experience?

I can hold any opinion i want, now leave me alone.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #927 on: August 07, 2020, 09:52:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Agree 100% i also feel like alot of people jump on the Palestinian/israel political shitstorm because its fashionable without being able to back up or defend their position.

also you agreed with this statement already so you've managed to be a transphobe and a hypocrite in the same thread.

Jaqen H Gnar

« Reply #928 on: August 07, 2020, 09:55:57 AM »
I use my rep number when I pick poweball. Go ahead and kook me I may thank you later.

ride the tiger

« Reply #929 on: August 07, 2020, 09:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

also you agreed with this statement already so you've managed to be a transphobe and a hypocrite in the same thread.

K.