Author Topic: 2020 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 107680 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: 2020 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1320 on: November 23, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »
instagram/social media is insanely wack and when people ask me to “film them” it makes my skeleton glow like a neon sign

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1321 on: November 23, 2020, 10:46:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They seem to be well received on here. But I personally think Heroin skateboards is one of the worst companies out.
[close]

one of the more geniune unpopular opinion here.
man theyve got some amazing riders and their last 2 projects were real good. Also gou, deaddave, timpson.
[close]

I'll say that I got second hand embarrassment watching Gou skate and I think he set Japanese skating back 10 years with all the copycats that popped up after. His skating reminds me of a dad trying to pull faces to make their kid laugh.
[close]
Everything but the name. That is the worst fucking name of a skate brand ever, so fuckin wack and cheesy. Like we don't have crack pipe wheel co or whtever. Idk I like the art, the skaters, and the videos but fucking hell that name is a problem for me. Whiny rant about a bad name over.
[close]

Weeeeell there was Hubba wheels and Hubba was slang for crack hence Hubba Hideout was where people used to hide to smoke.
[close]
As soon as I posted I was like hubba and cocaine wheels, but I'm stil sayin it's a shit name for what is otherwise a sick brand.
[close]

Yeah it’s the diminishing returns of all “funny” brand names.  Reminds me of the Simpsons joke about the name of the Be Sharps/Beatles: “we need a name that's witty at first, but that seems less funny each time you hear it”.
[close]
Well done sir. Hubba wheels references to Simpsons jokes. Slap is great.

Woah I’m concerned your reading comprehension is too good there

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1322 on: November 23, 2020, 11:10:35 AM »
I actually really enjoy lk130’s wack-a-doo posts.
There, I said it!
I think it’s because, in part, I’m uncertain if they’re sincere, or one of the subtlest, most artful trolls ever.
Feels good to get that out in the open; no more shame.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:49:46 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ColossalRaccoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #1323 on: November 23, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I think a lot of baggy pants are going way overboard and in a couple years some people are gonna look back and be very embarrassed of their footy.
[close]

This screams Gilbert Crockett
Agree 100%

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #1324 on: November 23, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
Less of an unpopular opinion and more of a hot take:

If you asked Brandon Turner to switch ollie Wallenburg, he would have a harder time doing it than a switch hardflip.

That makes it even better. Him and switch hardflips make me as happy as Reynolds and frontside flips

Brguy

« Reply #1325 on: November 23, 2020, 12:44:20 PM »
Expand Quote
The Tom Knox part thread got way too circle jerky for my taste. Amazing skater and great part but I was literally thinking “guys, chill” in my head lol.
[close]

You should read the uk skate forum thread on it
It's like these people never skated crusty spots before.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1326 on: November 23, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
I actually really enjoy lk130’s wack-a-doo posts.
There, I said it!
I think it’s because, I’m part, I’m uncertain if they’re sincere, or one of the subtlest, most artful trolls ever.
Feels good to get that out in the open; no more shame.  ;)

lk130 rules. dude's the biggest mindfucker on here and i kind of think he knows.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1327 on: November 23, 2020, 04:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Tom Knox part thread got way too circle jerky for my taste. Amazing skater and great part but I was literally thinking “guys, chill” in my head lol.
[close]

You should read the uk skate forum thread on it
[close]
It's like these people never skated crusty spots before.

I live in Portland so I’m no stranger to crust but yeah those spots were gnarly.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #1328 on: December 06, 2020, 07:32:39 AM »
Alex Willms is sicker than Alexis Ramirez.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1329 on: December 06, 2020, 08:31:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I really liked the part but I thought the hype was a little too much with people saying he should get soty.
[close]
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1330 on: December 06, 2020, 08:34:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
More focus needs to be put onto the skateboarding sounds in videos. It really makes a big difference in my enjoyment of the video.
[close]

Agreed. I've seen a lot of edits that have GoPro footage or footage with bad mics that make the sounds almost inaudible. GoPro footage shouldn't belong in regular skate videos.
[close]

Fully agree. Also, not a fan of being able to see the bottom of someone's board when they're just rolling on flat. You get that a lot with go pro edits.
Go pro clips are truly the worst to me too.
I’ve had a friend want to film me with his go pro and I was like...no thanks
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #1331 on: December 06, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »
Alex Willms is sicker than Alexis Ramirez.
Is Willms some Ellis Island style mess up? It always bothers me for some reason.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #1332 on: December 06, 2020, 02:42:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think a lot of baggy pants are going way overboard and in a couple years some people are gonna look back and be very embarrassed of their footy.
[close]

Agree 100%
[close]

Actually no, I don't really think that about him. Gilbert's pants are very baggy, but they actually fit him. They have a decent taper and don't look like he sized up a bunch. I'm talking about people who literally buy pants 10+ sizes too big and they don't fit.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1333 on: December 11, 2020, 10:48:34 PM »
People buying boards/wheels/colored trucks and then asking how you can remove graphic/color are the worst. Why did you buy them first place if you aint feeling it? Especially boards since it takes literally one session to get rid of graphics.

Y'all wack

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #1334 on: December 12, 2020, 01:06:20 AM »
 nice style but heitor da silva has the skills of your average local skatepark ripper and is perplexing that he got a shoe
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

BieberStance

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1335 on: December 12, 2020, 04:04:08 AM »
People buying boards/wheels/colored trucks and then asking how you can remove graphic/color are the worst. Why did you buy them first place if you aint feeling it? Especially boards since it takes literally one session to get rid of graphics.

Y'all wack

because shit is expensive, especially for a lot of kids. so they have to take what is there and affordable. even if that means its a brand/ design they don't support or want to be associated with or is just plain ugly. mostly the only way to get a certain brand/  color/ whatever is taking the leftover overly branded or printed or colored shit left in the sale box. I see no problem in their effort to look for a solution to anyway adapt it to their aesthetics or to even just get comfortable with it. when I think about it, I even appreciate the extra mile.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #1336 on: December 12, 2020, 04:34:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Y'all wack
[close]

because shit is expensive, especially for a lot of kids. so they have to take what is there and affordable. even if that means its a brand/ design they don't support or want to be associated with or is just plain ugly. mostly the only way to get a certain brand/  color/ whatever is taking the leftover overly branded or printed or colored shit left in the sale box. I see no problem in their effort to look for a solution to anyway adapt it to their aesthetics or to even just get comfortable with it. when I think about it, I even appreciate the extra mile.
You really think kids are doing that or that i was talking about kids or poor people? Problem is grown men in here that have five different setups, but yet they need the Primitive Naruto board immediately because they only can do switch varial flips on a 14inch wheelbase BBS wood.

Kids would not even care for wack graphic, their boards especially wont have any graphics after the first day of skating.

Glad you find scratching your graphics away admirable. To me it screams your insecurities about being ridiculed from cool guys.

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #1337 on: December 12, 2020, 08:07:59 AM »
But if you got a bunch of Blind reaper decks for free, you would definitely be tempted to razor blade that graphic off immediately every time you set one up.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #1338 on: December 12, 2020, 08:18:20 AM »
But if you got a bunch of Blind reaper decks for free, you would definitely be tempted to razor blade that graphic off immediately every time you set one up.

Reaper about to start looking better than a lot of the cool guy graphics.

nolliecrooked

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1339 on: December 12, 2020, 09:42:46 AM »
Elijah wants to be dylan so hard, both have/had fake steez.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #1340 on: December 12, 2020, 10:09:21 AM »
Love the dudes skating and it hurts to say but Deedz Fakie manual variations are all starting to run together.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #1341 on: December 12, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree 100%
[close]
[close]

Actually no, I don't really think that about him. Gilbert's pants are very baggy, but they actually fit him. They have a decent taper and don't look like he sized up a bunch. I'm talking about people who literally buy pants 10+ sizes too big and they don't fit.

Exactly, Gilbert is running respectful loose pants. Most the dudes cosplaying 2001 baggys and fat shoes in 2020 look very trendy and embarrassing except for tiago

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1342 on: December 12, 2020, 06:51:03 PM »
Neen had an enjoyable part with some really good footy in the new Deathwish video.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1343 on: December 12, 2020, 07:20:18 PM »
Neen had an enjoyable part with some really good footy in the new Deathwish video.

Agree

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1344 on: December 12, 2020, 07:21:59 PM »
The music in Mason Silvas parts is boring and if someone remixed his 2020 footage id probably like him more

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1345 on: December 13, 2020, 03:42:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree

I also agree.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #1346 on: December 13, 2020, 06:51:51 AM »
God is good

Panettone

« Reply #1347 on: December 13, 2020, 10:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree
[close]

I also agree.

Same

ballintoohard

« Reply #1348 on: December 13, 2020, 11:54:09 AM »
Nik Stain is a discount Busenitz

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal