Author Topic: Sanding  (Read 1697 times)

wheelieshuvit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • The Real Slim Shady
Sanding
« on: April 01, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »
Does anyone find themselves taking sandpaper/(grip tape) to their thrashed board or even their trucks?!?;) I know some of you queers sand your grip down before you skate it.. anyway it Works pretty well I think Does this make me a Kook for filing down my razor tail? Made a pretty mental post a while ago about grooves messing with grinds and this seems like the best solution if any pals have issues grinding on their old trucks. Please let me know if this is a common thing I’m tripping
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:58:08 PM by wheelieshuvit »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Re: Sanding
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »
I sand my nose/tail down if it gets dented or looks like its about to chip but i dunno what it would do for trucks.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 02:10:50 PM »
I try to GET grooves on my trucks, not to get rid of them :o
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:17:55 PM »
Maybe if the tail was too long for me, but no, not to get rid of razor tail - if the board has lasted that long without serious damage, it's probably ready to go by that time.

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 03:20:34 PM »
I like making a good deck last and smooth grooves means no problems pal somebody on here said that their grooves eventually negatively effect their grinds. Or if anyone else switches their trucks sometimes like I do This could differ for different skill levels just a suggestion if anyone hasn’t tried it
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:23:29 PM by wheelieshuvit »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 04:16:04 PM »
Funny this got posted cuz I just sanded off the back graphic for a set of ventures last night with grip tape scraps (the Bobby Worrest ones). Nothing against Bobby, I love that dudes skating, but I just wanted raw trucks with no graphic on them. Shit took longer than I thought. Would’ve been easier just to remove it with acetone and a rag or something but I didn’t have any lying around.

I also will sand dents out of a deck with grip as well; but only if it’s still a pretty new deck; if I dent it after it’s already all thrashed up and old then I usually just leave it.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »
I actually sanded one of my trucks a little with griptape once; not for any other reason but being bored.

But speaking of sanding, when i grip a new board I sand the grip with cut off grip pieces to make it less grippy so it doesn’t wear my shoes out as fast and one might think that’s gonna shorten the life of the deck overall but I set up a new board every few weeks anyways.

I only recently in 2019 started doing the grip sanding but I like it, never had any issue with not enough grip afterwards.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 05:23:35 PM »
since i don't flip my board much, i don't sand new grip. even way back when i only lightly did that when my shoes were also brand new. i don't fuck with sanding trucks.

i also grind down the nose & tail dents and chips but i just use rough concrete. works great if it's just a little lift and you file it down like the original radius.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 06:24:18 PM »
Does sanding out grooves on trucks actually work? I don’t feel the need to but I feel like using grip to sand out a groove on fucking metal would take forever. You’d be there sanding forever before any differences are made in assuming.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
Ive sanded down splintered decks and fixed delams but if you seriously sand your trucks I'd advocate you focus your account now.

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 07:33:44 PM »
Ive sanded down splintered decks and fixed delams but if you seriously sand your trucks I'd advocate you focus your account now.
I’d advocate using Skateboard grip tape to sand down your misbehaving truck grooves(sharp edged grooves on not the best pool coping does not work well get pitched bitch) for the ultimate experience This frank fool is only trying to get you to buy more trendy trucks so he gets paid :-\:-X
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 07:52:49 AM by wheelieshuvit »

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 07:39:02 PM »
If you fools think I’m talking about actually sanding in new grooves No you take some grip and polish up you’re old trucks a bit you fools

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 08:10:13 PM »
All these 40 year olds forgot 12 year olds still skate.
Sandpaper the shit out of everything if you want to man. Buff it sand it wax it all. Nobody gives a fuck what you sand of your own property. Try sanding the inside of your shoes. That’s what the pros do.

Free sandman

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 08:26:51 PM »
All these 40 year olds forgot 12 year olds still skate.
Sandpaper the shit out of everything if you want to man. Buff it sand it wax it all. Nobody gives a fuck what you sand of your own property. Try sanding the inside of your shoes. That’s what the pros do.

Free sandman
funny you said that cuz I have some vans that hurt my pinky toes and somehow didn’t consider trying this Thanks pal :)

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’d advocate using Skateboard grip tape to sand down your misbehaving truck grooves  for the ultimate experience this frank fool is only trying to get you to buy more trendy trucks so he gets paid :-\:-X

New trucks?! What?! Blasphemy... Misbehaving truck? Force it into submission. Grind and then grind some more. Keep your trucks until they are toast. Sand your ego and go go go...

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 05:43:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
I’d advocate using Skateboard grip tape to sand down your misbehaving truck grooves  for the ultimate experience this frank fool is only trying to get you to buy more trendy trucks so he gets paid :-\:-X
[close]

New trucks?! What?! Blasphemy... Misbehaving truck? Force it into submission. Grind and then grind some more. Keep your trucks until they are toast. Sand your ego and go go go...
u right I’m sorry was only trying to ensure a smooth transition for my soul into the next life /skateboard deck

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
u right I’m sorry was only trying to ensure a smooth transition for my soul into the next life /skateboard deck

Hey friend, let's see some before and after sanding trucks photos. Post 'em up.

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 11:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Hey friend, let's see some before and after sanding trucks photos. Post 'em up.
if I have time I’ll post the axel here..to be specific you only ever have to sand your 50 groove well that’s the only spot that was necessary when I felt like flipping my trucks around theoretically you could polish up your whole truck but that would be completely insane

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 11:07:39 AM »
I sand my nose/tail down if it gets dented or looks like its about to chip but i dunno what it would do for trucks.
I do that too. I don‘t really know if it helps, though.

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 12:07:28 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/J3hW2xP
Guess I have time Unfortunately don’t have an image of the groove originally, So this is a picture after I’ve sanded my indys even more to show you how gay it can look after you round it out all stupid. I don’t even take my own advice cause I’m on a new pair but this is a picture of my back truck that I turned into the front before I went up a size I’ll probably do this same homo shit with my 159 axel at some point. Shelving these 49s to enjoy as a fine wine some day
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:24:39 PM by wheelieshuvit »

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »
You lost me with "...how gay it can look...'

You are a total kook. Grind more, post less.

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 12:26:45 PM »
And you’re definitely not Frank Gerwer :'(

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 12:29:10 PM »
I couldn’t even dream of posting on here over 100 times

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 12:32:38 PM »
I’ll make sure to get there just for you handsome  :-*
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:36:16 PM by wheelieshuvit »

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »
Hey hold on you’re not Fred Gall either

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 12:34:39 PM »
I couldn’t even dream of posting on here over 100 times

Praise Gall for that!

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
You were an interesting troll for a bit. The sanding truck concept was pretty fucking funny.

wheelieshuvit

• The Real Slim Shady
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 10:59:02 PM »
You were an interesting troll for a bit. The sanding truck concept was pretty fucking funny.
alright butch