Author Topic: New and Restoring a Board  (Read 531 times)

Motto1834

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
New and Restoring a Board
« on: April 01, 2020, 04:17:17 PM »
Recently due to being stuck inside and bored out of my mind combined with a lot of people from my college campus skating, I decided I was going to polish up an old board that was sitting in my garage and learn how to skate. So the first major issue was getting the old rusted up and broken trucks off of the board and washing it up, but now I'm not sure what I should be looking for for parts. I know the board is from the 70's from what both my dad and the internet can tell me. A friend told me the bolt pattern definitely isn't standard, but I don't know what I should look for or measure to make sure whatever new trucks I order will fit the board. And what other things should I pay attention to that will affect how it rides? The board is a Huffy Thunderboard 24 Actiontail if that helps. Thank you for any help!

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
Re: New and Restoring a Board
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »
Order a new one from you local skate shop's website

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 08:42:21 PM »
Immediately toss that thing into a dumpster and then do what he said^.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 171
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:21 PM »
I would rock it as is. You can buy some Suregrip trucks on Amazon that might fit.

That is an extremely difficult board to learn on. There's a reason why modern boards look the way they do.

If you can make a flat bank in your garage and learn to carve and 360's. That's what I would do if all I had was that board.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 01:23:17 PM »
Post some pics of the board and parts in question. Those old trucks had fully threaded axles so rust may be a problem. Otherwise, modern bearings should fit.