Author Topic: Shoes like dunks, that are not dunks.  (Read 5212 times)

IpathCats

Re: Shoes like dunks, that are not dunks.
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 09:23:47 AM »
If you're looking for a solid cupsole shoe, the New Balance 440 is the best out!! Also 440 Mids destroy the dunks any day of the week.
Are those the tom knox ones someone mentioned earlier in this? Can't find em anywhere

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »
Expand Quote
They’re coming back man. Spring 21 I think.
[close]

I had no interest in Telfords until this video. Colorway looks great. Wonder what the fit and feel will be like in person though whenever they drop. I know lakai isn't always the most praised for its quality

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2020, 11:56:36 AM »
https://www.reebok.com/us/club-c-revenge-men-s-shoes/FV9313.html

The club c revenge and the club 85 both look solid enough.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »

posted in sale thread earlier extra 60% off sale, some club c's were $25. good time to try! They've also been flooded at my local Marshalls/TJMaxx type stores, $35 or $39 if i remember correctly

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »
Fuckin right lakai! The Telfords. Bring em back and take my money again!
Whoa. Danger.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
posted in sale thread earlier extra 60% off sale, some club c's were $25. good time to try! They've also been flooded at my local Marshalls/TJMaxx type stores, $35 or $39 if i remember correctly

the stiching on the toe of the club c goes really quick, but after some goo or glue its good. The sole is pretty clunky and board feel is lacking. They're fine, if you just want to skate some different, but not some hidden gem of skate shoe.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2020, 12:43:41 PM »
440 Mids destroy the dunks any day of the week.
If you want cushion in the forefoot, dunks have slightly more padding/thicker soles than the 440s.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2020, 03:43:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you want cushion in the forefoot, dunks have slightly more padding/thicker soles than the 440s.

Thanks. That’s basically the problem for me: very few skate shoes have any forefoot cushioning. I feel like Jordan 1s are slightly thinner than dunks in the forefoot (could be all in my mind) and it’s a slight bummer. I want a thicker, more solid shoe, most of the time.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2020, 04:41:48 PM »
Skytops are still around, id rather be caught in those than a pair of nikes

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2020, 01:09:58 AM »
NB 1010 has probably the best heel lock I have ever experienced.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2020, 04:55:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks. That’s basically the problem for me: very few skate shoes have any forefoot cushioning. I feel like Jordan 1s are slightly thinner than dunks in the forefoot (could be all in my mind) and it’s a slight bummer. I want a thicker, more solid shoe, most of the time.

This! I hated the 440's, mainly for this reason. I also found the toebox to be too long and narrow. I got 440's last year hoping for a Dunk alternative, but I didn't find them to be similar at all, outside of being cupsoles.

I agree that Jordan 1's are thinner up front than Dunks, and it's really hard in general to find skate shoes that don't feel just paper thin in the forefoot. I'm not saying any of these are like Dunks, but recent shoes that I've found NOT to be too thin in the forefoot include Adidas Tyshawn, Adidas Liberty Cup, NB# 913, and NB# 1010. Tried on the Vans AVE and they also felt good, but I found them to be just too ugly to actually buy. And that's really saying something because the Liberty Cups and Westgates are also pretty ugly shoes.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2020, 04:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

This! I hated the 440's, mainly for this reason. I also found the toebox to be too long and narrow. I got 440's last year hoping for a Dunk alternative, but I didn't find them to be similar at all, outside of being cupsoles.

I agree that Jordan 1's are thinner up front than Dunks, and it's really hard in general to find skate shoes that don't feel just paper thin in the forefoot. I'm not saying any of these are like Dunks, but recent shoes that I've found NOT to be too thin in the forefoot include Adidas Tyshawn, Adidas Liberty Cup, NB# 913, and NB# 1010. Tried on the Vans AVE and they also felt good, but I found them to be just too ugly to actually buy. And that's really saying something because the Liberty Cups and Westgates are also pretty ugly shoes.

dope recommendations. thank you. i should just get 1010s, havent been skating much, havent really really needed new stuff.
i also dont like the look of the AVE, but ive has 2 pairs, aesthetics aside, good to great shoe. very neutral, flat, light. skate, run, walk long distances, all in the same shoe. ive said it before, but if they made the shoe one color, no contrasting jazz stripe, id like it more. my ankles have never felt so safe.

Sandygoat

• Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »
I picked up a pair of 1010's yesterday. I have them on ice for when my blazers give up. They really feel solid but very rigid so be mindful of that. Definitely could see them become a problem if you have to drive a long distance.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2020, 12:38:53 AM »
forefoot cushioning is so underrated in skate shoes. criminally actually
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2020, 01:05:39 AM »
These shoes aren't completely like dunks, but they kind of are in terms of what people are looking for when they want a "dunk-alike": cushioning, general fit, paneling

Joslin 2, Marana, Veer (thinner Ishod Dunk feel)
Es Accel Slim (super thin forefoot without a thicker/supportive insole) & Accel Slim Plus (priced closer to a Dunk usually though:/ but still a pretty comparable dunk knock off)
Es Silo, Accel OG (clunkier than the Accels of 10+ years ago though)
Fallen Patriots (I know it's Fallen, but they're something)
DC: Maswell, Penza
Proper Skateboarding: Cinex, Rook (soles are much thinner than dunks, specifically under the forefoot)
NB# 440 but they're lower cut on ankles
Converse (not Cons) Rival (low and high)
Adidas Tyshawn (minus the dunk paneling, but supportive elsewhere like dunks usually are)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 01:10:56 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2020, 11:44:01 PM »
forefoot cushioning is so underrated in skate shoes. criminally actually
fucking agreed. the only reason I usually have to replace my skate shoes is because i go through the sole under the ball of my foot and get crazy pain in the balls and arches at that point. i will buy any shoe that is not hella skinny and has good forefoot cushioning